North East Buses
Whats made you happy today? - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Whats made you happy today? (/showthread.php?tid=930)

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MurdnunoC - 13 Apr 2015

(13 Apr 2015, 8:36 am)Tommy_1581 For a Monday, I've woken up to the Benidorm theme tune (My brother is watching it Rolleyes ), and after a brief period of watching Top Gear on Dave, I'm now back in bed.

Now got 11 more hours to kill.

You sound like someone on deaths door waiting for the inevitable to occur.

Do something with those eleven hours; don't waste them.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Jimmi - 13 Apr 2015

(13 Apr 2015, 12:31 pm)MurdnunoC You sound like someone on deaths door waiting for the inevitable to occur.

Do something with those eleven hours; don't waste them.
I sound like this today, about to watch Frankie Boyle: The Last Days of Sodom.

Might sort out my iPod later, got nowt else to do.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - MrFozz - 13 Apr 2015

(13 Apr 2015, 1:54 pm)Jimmi I sound like this today, about to watch Frankie Boyle: The Last Days of Sodom.

Might sort out my iPod later, got nowt else to do.

I love Frankie Boyle, bit close to the bone at times, but very funny Big Grin

Whats made you happy today? - R852 PRG - 13 Apr 2015

Well, in Science today I was handed something by a friend. They described it as ''a really old'' bus ticket, and when I was handed it, it was a strip-style Go North East ticket.

An Adult Day return and a Child Day return, bought at 09:22 on service 34A on 25 Oct 2007, wow! To think an Adult Day return was £2.70 and a Child for £1.40 in 2007...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - S813 FVK - 13 Apr 2015

Having 3969 as my school bus this evening...

RE: Whats made you happy today? - omnicity4659 - 13 Apr 2015

(13 Apr 2015, 3:12 pm)MarcTheA4 Well, in Science today I was handed something by a friend. They described it as ''a really old'' bus ticket, and when I was handed it, it was a strip-style Go North East ticket.

An Adult Day return and a Child Day return, bought at 09:22 on service 34A on 25 Oct 2007, wow! To think an Adult Day return was £2.70 and a Child for £1.40 in 2007...

Obviously old if it had lower fares than today Wink 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - mb134 - 13 Apr 2015

Just had my first driving lesson, went quite well, didn't crash which is a bonus Wink 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 14 Apr 2015

Realizing that I've got a CCG tournament coming up this Saturday and the fact I can see episode 4 of season 5 with my partner and the rest of my friends.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 14 Apr 2015

Being e-mailed by routeONE asking for permission to use one of my photographs from my last trip to York in their next magazine - and receiving £15 as well as a free copy of the magazine for saying yes!

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Davie - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 2:53 pm)Dan Being e-mailed by routeONE asking for permission to use one of my photographs from my last trip to York in their next magazine - and receiving £15 as well as a free copy of the magazine for saying yes!

Well done Dan  Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 3:50 pm)Davie Well done Dan  Big Grin

Thanks Davie.

Really pleased. Although it's not the first time I've had photographs published (had a couple published in the Stagecoach North East and Stagecoach Cumbria & North Lancs fleet handbooks by Steven Knight Media), it's the first time a transport magazine has approached me to request one of my photos. 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - omnicity4659 - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 2:53 pm)Dan Being e-mailed by routeONE asking for permission to use one of my photographs from my last trip to York in their next magazine - and receiving £15 as well as a free copy of the magazine for saying yes!

Great news, Dan! Smile 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Kuyoyo - 14 Apr 2015

Getting an unexpected flyer from working about 5+ hours earlier as my two fellow Kitchen Porters have said they can manage while I was on my (late) break. So, I've done a 6 hour 40 shift instead of a 12 hours plus one.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Michael - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 4:25 pm)Kuyoyo Getting an unexpected flyer from working about 5+ hours earlier as my two fellow Kitchen Porters have said they can manage while I was on my (late) break. So, I've done a 6 hour 40 shift instead of a 12 hours  plus one.

Not bad, nothing like half a day! 

RE: Whats made you happy today? - LeeCalder - 14 Apr 2015

Having a hilarious conversation with Marcus Wink

RE: Whats made you happy today? - omnicity4659 - 14 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 4:36 pm)leestransportphotos Having a hilarious conversation with Marcus Wink

You've gone to Chester-le-Marcus to try and catch him?  Wink Big Grin

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Malarkey - 14 Apr 2015

Seeing and Photographing Stagecoach Alexander PS 20551 just as I walked out of Grandparents Street in Millfield, Never timed anything more perfectly in my life.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - tyresmoke - 14 Apr 2015

Nice one Dan! I've only ever had one published - that was in Buses magazine a few years back... Suppose I should send more off lol - which one is it they're using out of interest?

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Rapidsnap - 14 Apr 2015

Used to get loads in the magazines over the years. After a few years, my photos appeared less and less, and then I got sick of wasting my time to be knocked back everytime I sent photos in.

Also whats makes me happy today. Got a letter for a job interview for a week on Friday.

RE: Whats made you happy today? - Dan - 15 Apr 2015

(14 Apr 2015, 10:41 pm)tyresmoke Nice one Dan! I've only ever had one published - that was in Buses magazine a few years back... Suppose I should send more off lol - which one is it they're using out of interest?

[Image: 15175828543_85e30c82ac.jpg]Connexions Buses: MK63WZY by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

The one above. It was just a random photograph taken and at the time I didn't think there was anything noteworthy about it. A few months down the line, and it seems there is..? Not sure what the story will be about, as I don't really keep up with the latest news outside of the North East...