Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Anything and Everything v2

Anything and Everything v2

Anything and Everything v2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (20): Previous 118 19 20 Next
26 Sep 2017, 7:42 pm #361
(26 Sep 2017, 2:51 pm)mb134 Should be able to, seeing as you're usually able to purchase tickets a week or two in advance of the screening.

That online or at the office? Smile
omnicity4659
26 Sep 2017, 7:42 pm #361

(26 Sep 2017, 2:51 pm)mb134 Should be able to, seeing as you're usually able to purchase tickets a week or two in advance of the screening.

That online or at the office? Smile

mb134

26 Sep 2017, 8:29 pm #362
(26 Sep 2017, 7:42 pm)omnicity4659 That online or at the office? Smile

I'd imagine the office will be fine, especially if same day. If I know I'm going to go to the cinema later on, and park in the yellow mall, I usually buy my tickets on the way in, do what I need to do, then go for my movie.
mb134
26 Sep 2017, 8:29 pm #362

(26 Sep 2017, 7:42 pm)omnicity4659 That online or at the office? Smile

I'd imagine the office will be fine, especially if same day. If I know I'm going to go to the cinema later on, and park in the yellow mall, I usually buy my tickets on the way in, do what I need to do, then go for my movie.

26 Sep 2017, 8:41 pm #363
(26 Sep 2017, 8:29 pm)mb134 I'd imagine the office will be fine, especially if same day. If I know I'm going to go to the cinema later on, and park in the yellow mall, I usually buy my tickets on the way in, do what I need to do, then go for my movie.

Brilliant, thanks  Smile
omnicity4659
26 Sep 2017, 8:41 pm #363

(26 Sep 2017, 8:29 pm)mb134 I'd imagine the office will be fine, especially if same day. If I know I'm going to go to the cinema later on, and park in the yellow mall, I usually buy my tickets on the way in, do what I need to do, then go for my movie.

Brilliant, thanks  Smile

Jimmi

26 Sep 2017, 10:23 pm #364
Now know how some of you's must feel when I've been posting in that annoying thread every 5 minutes, as I accepted a friend request from one of these people on Facebook... They got the boot. This has really opened my eyes though as to how annoying I must be at times, think I need to stop myself from getting to a really bad stage with it (although I have gone too far at times in the past).

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Jimmi
26 Sep 2017, 10:23 pm #364

Now know how some of you's must feel when I've been posting in that annoying thread every 5 minutes, as I accepted a friend request from one of these people on Facebook... They got the boot. This has really opened my eyes though as to how annoying I must be at times, think I need to stop myself from getting to a really bad stage with it (although I have gone too far at times in the past).

BusLoverMum

27 Sep 2017, 1:42 pm #365
(26 Sep 2017, 10:23 pm)Jimmi Now know how some of you's must feel when I've been posting in that annoying thread every 5 minutes, as I accepted a friend request from one of these people on Facebook... They got the boot. This has really opened my eyes though as to how annoying I must be at times, think I need to stop myself from getting to a really bad stage with it (although I have gone too far at times in the past).

Sometimes a safe place to get something out of your system helps you regroup and regain a sense of perspective.
BusLoverMum
27 Sep 2017, 1:42 pm #365

(26 Sep 2017, 10:23 pm)Jimmi Now know how some of you's must feel when I've been posting in that annoying thread every 5 minutes, as I accepted a friend request from one of these people on Facebook... They got the boot. This has really opened my eyes though as to how annoying I must be at times, think I need to stop myself from getting to a really bad stage with it (although I have gone too far at times in the past).

Sometimes a safe place to get something out of your system helps you regroup and regain a sense of perspective.

idiot

01 Oct 2017, 2:15 pm #366
Cycling down the hope road today in Sunderland from south to north... Took a bend and my back wheel went... On oil... Ended up on other side of the road and I was so lucky there was no oncoming traffic otherwise I may not be writing this now.

I'm okay. Two bruises, major gravel rash and ruined a pair of £75 cycling shorts. Oh and my pride.

I bought the hope road to a standstill to!
idiot
01 Oct 2017, 2:15 pm #366

Cycling down the hope road today in Sunderland from south to north... Took a bend and my back wheel went... On oil... Ended up on other side of the road and I was so lucky there was no oncoming traffic otherwise I may not be writing this now.

I'm okay. Two bruises, major gravel rash and ruined a pair of £75 cycling shorts. Oh and my pride.

I bought the hope road to a standstill to!

Michael

16 Oct 2017, 9:45 pm #367
This storm is causing chaos, our bins have fell over.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Oct 2017, 9:45 pm #367

This storm is causing chaos, our bins have fell over.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

16 Oct 2017, 10:29 pm #368
(16 Oct 2017, 9:45 pm)Michael This storm is causing chaos, our bins have fell over.

*live footage from Michael's house as 'chaos' is caused by Hurricane Ophelia*
Attached Files
.png
wp_ss_20171016_0001 (2).png
Size: 610.11 KB / Downloads: 5

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Oct 2017, 10:29 pm #368

(16 Oct 2017, 9:45 pm)Michael This storm is causing chaos, our bins have fell over.

*live footage from Michael's house as 'chaos' is caused by Hurricane Ophelia*

Attached Files
.png
wp_ss_20171016_0001 (2).png
Size: 610.11 KB / Downloads: 5

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

BusLoverMum

16 Oct 2017, 10:48 pm #369
(16 Oct 2017, 10:29 pm)Andreos1 *live footage from Michael's house as 'chaos' is caused by Hurricane Ophelia*

Saw at least 2 lids fliped open, earlier!

In all seriousness, I'm on the quiet side of the house and it's now LOUD!! My only hope is that the wind knackers the roof of the house we're buying once and for all and they're now bound to do some actual household maintenance.
BusLoverMum
16 Oct 2017, 10:48 pm #369

(16 Oct 2017, 10:29 pm)Andreos1 *live footage from Michael's house as 'chaos' is caused by Hurricane Ophelia*

Saw at least 2 lids fliped open, earlier!

In all seriousness, I'm on the quiet side of the house and it's now LOUD!! My only hope is that the wind knackers the roof of the house we're buying once and for all and they're now bound to do some actual household maintenance.

Michael

17 Oct 2017, 6:06 am #370
(16 Oct 2017, 10:48 pm)BusLoverMum Saw at least 2 lids fliped open, earlier!

I opened my window last night as i warm, worst choice ever, had to get up after 5 minutes due to it banging....

Still really windy this morning, walking up Grindon Lane was horrible, nearly got blew on the road.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Oct 2017, 6:06 am #370

(16 Oct 2017, 10:48 pm)BusLoverMum Saw at least 2 lids fliped open, earlier!

I opened my window last night as i warm, worst choice ever, had to get up after 5 minutes due to it banging....

Still really windy this morning, walking up Grindon Lane was horrible, nearly got blew on the road.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

17 Oct 2017, 6:27 am #371
Looks like there's a bin on fire in Park Lane near the coach stands.

Not sure how long it was burning for

Edit: the Nexus bloke has now put it out.

Fire response has arrived now.

Edit: Gone now.

I never have a smootgh bus ride to and from work....
Edited 17 Oct 2017, 6:36 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
17 Oct 2017, 6:27 am #371

Looks like there's a bin on fire in Park Lane near the coach stands.

Not sure how long it was burning for

Edit: the Nexus bloke has now put it out.

Fire response has arrived now.

Edit: Gone now.

I never have a smootgh bus ride to and from work....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

01 Nov 2017, 2:03 pm #372
November already.... this year is flying over.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Nov 2017, 2:03 pm #372

November already.... this year is flying over.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

01 Nov 2017, 10:09 pm #373
(01 Nov 2017, 2:03 pm)Michael November already.... this year is flying over.

And we move in 2 weeks.

AAAAARRRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
BusLoverMum
01 Nov 2017, 10:09 pm #373

(01 Nov 2017, 2:03 pm)Michael November already.... this year is flying over.

And we move in 2 weeks.

AAAAARRRRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Michael

06 Dec 2017, 6:56 am #374
Struggling to get out of bed this morning.....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
06 Dec 2017, 6:56 am #374

Struggling to get out of bed this morning.....

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Michael

14 May 2018, 6:32 pm #375
Massive fire at Deptford 

UPDATE 19:20 - 48 firefighters & 12 engines in attendance.

Edit: Can't turn picture sorry.

Edit: Right next to the Go North East depot
Edited 14 May 2018, 6:36 pm by Michael.
Attached Files
.jpg
20180514_191600.jpg
Size: 1.7 MB / Downloads: 14

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 May 2018, 6:32 pm #375

Massive fire at Deptford 

UPDATE 19:20 - 48 firefighters & 12 engines in attendance.

Edit: Can't turn picture sorry.

Edit: Right next to the Go North East depot

Attached Files
.jpg
20180514_191600.jpg
Size: 1.7 MB / Downloads: 14

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

BusLoverMum

06 Jun 2018, 5:31 pm #376
The beer can house in Hartlepool is going to be demolished.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/05/family-be...e-7606482/
BusLoverMum
06 Jun 2018, 5:31 pm #376

The beer can house in Hartlepool is going to be demolished.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/05/family-be...e-7606482/

08 Jun 2018, 11:58 pm #377
Shame about the house, was a bit of a landmark when arriving into Hartlepool, also around the corner from a lass I used to see.

Anyway I don't know why, but I've been finding that I'm not enjoying the hobby as much as I used to, especially in the North East over the past year or so. I know there is a number of reasons which I'm not going to state. Just it's getting me a bit down, I went out bus riding on Thursday, and by mid afternoon I just wanted to go home (in the end I sat on the Metro the rest of the day), but I'm getting easily annoyed with various things etc even though I shouldn't. I just cannot pinpoint why or don't know what to do to get me out of this rut.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
08 Jun 2018, 11:58 pm #377

Shame about the house, was a bit of a landmark when arriving into Hartlepool, also around the corner from a lass I used to see.

Anyway I don't know why, but I've been finding that I'm not enjoying the hobby as much as I used to, especially in the North East over the past year or so. I know there is a number of reasons which I'm not going to state. Just it's getting me a bit down, I went out bus riding on Thursday, and by mid afternoon I just wanted to go home (in the end I sat on the Metro the rest of the day), but I'm getting easily annoyed with various things etc even though I shouldn't. I just cannot pinpoint why or don't know what to do to get me out of this rut.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Charles41

09 Jun 2018, 8:20 am #378
I also do not enjoy this hobby half as much as I used to. For me it's the lack of organisation amongst enthusiasts that annoys me.

Charles
Charles41
09 Jun 2018, 8:20 am #378

I also do not enjoy this hobby half as much as I used to. For me it's the lack of organisation amongst enthusiasts that annoys me.

Charles

Jimmi

09 Jun 2018, 11:49 am #379
(08 Jun 2018, 11:58 pm)Rapidsnap Anyway I don't know why, but I've been finding that I'm not enjoying the hobby as much as I used to, especially in the North East over the past year or so. I know there is a number of reasons which I'm not going to state. Just it's getting me a bit down, I went out bus riding on Thursday, and by mid afternoon I just wanted to go home (in the end I sat on the Metro the rest of the day), but I'm getting easily annoyed with various things etc even though I shouldn't. I just cannot pinpoint why or don't know what to do to get me out of this rut.

A few enthusiasts seem to be losing interest in the bus scene around here, I feel there is little variety in buses and operators around and most modern buses sound quite similar and dull.

I have become a bit less interested than I was about a few years back when I first properly got into the hobby but part of my issue is that I have done just about every North East route that is worth doing. Quite like to invade Yorkshire on a Saturday as it is different enough to the North East and there is still a few bits of interest to me, always happy when I get one of Arriva Yorkshire's few remaining Optare Spectra's.

Decided to stop the daily uploads on my YouTube channel, the reasoning being the fact I simply can't be bothered with uploading them anymore as I find it quite time consuming and mentally draining, also I do actually have other things to do with my life.
Jimmi
09 Jun 2018, 11:49 am #379

(08 Jun 2018, 11:58 pm)Rapidsnap Anyway I don't know why, but I've been finding that I'm not enjoying the hobby as much as I used to, especially in the North East over the past year or so. I know there is a number of reasons which I'm not going to state. Just it's getting me a bit down, I went out bus riding on Thursday, and by mid afternoon I just wanted to go home (in the end I sat on the Metro the rest of the day), but I'm getting easily annoyed with various things etc even though I shouldn't. I just cannot pinpoint why or don't know what to do to get me out of this rut.

A few enthusiasts seem to be losing interest in the bus scene around here, I feel there is little variety in buses and operators around and most modern buses sound quite similar and dull.

I have become a bit less interested than I was about a few years back when I first properly got into the hobby but part of my issue is that I have done just about every North East route that is worth doing. Quite like to invade Yorkshire on a Saturday as it is different enough to the North East and there is still a few bits of interest to me, always happy when I get one of Arriva Yorkshire's few remaining Optare Spectra's.

Decided to stop the daily uploads on my YouTube channel, the reasoning being the fact I simply can't be bothered with uploading them anymore as I find it quite time consuming and mentally draining, also I do actually have other things to do with my life.

Adrian

09 Jun 2018, 3:17 pm #380
(09 Jun 2018, 8:20 am)Charles41 I also do not enjoy this hobby half as much as I used to. For me it's the lack of organisation amongst enthusiasts that annoys me.

Charles

This hits the nail on the head for me. The enthusiast scene in the North East is absolutely dire, and the sooner people cotton on to that that, the better. 

We are so far behind other regions in terms of organisation. 500 Groups running day being the exception. Every rally I've been to further afield has ran like clockwork, it has been really well intended and supported and there is an all round better atmosphere.

The atmosphere point is really important. If you go somewhere and encounter arseholes, you'e less likely to want to go again. Until we stop mssaaging the ego of people like that, it'll never improve.

Rallies are the hub of our hobby. If we have a cracking event which we all enjoy, it'll help to enthuse us until the next one.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Jun 2018, 3:17 pm #380

(09 Jun 2018, 8:20 am)Charles41 I also do not enjoy this hobby half as much as I used to. For me it's the lack of organisation amongst enthusiasts that annoys me.

Charles

This hits the nail on the head for me. The enthusiast scene in the North East is absolutely dire, and the sooner people cotton on to that that, the better. 

We are so far behind other regions in terms of organisation. 500 Groups running day being the exception. Every rally I've been to further afield has ran like clockwork, it has been really well intended and supported and there is an all round better atmosphere.

The atmosphere point is really important. If you go somewhere and encounter arseholes, you'e less likely to want to go again. Until we stop mssaaging the ego of people like that, it'll never improve.

Rallies are the hub of our hobby. If we have a cracking event which we all enjoy, it'll help to enthuse us until the next one.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Pages (20): Previous 118 19 20 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average