Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2017

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (24): Previous 110 11 1224 Next
11 Dec 2017, 1:58 pm
(11 Dec 2017, 12:43 pm)Andreos1 I saw a stack of X9/X10's this morning on the A19. All but one of the several I saw, were operated by spares. 
Saw a 10 branded Gemini NIS and stuck in traffic. Guessing sent to pick up a board somewhere.

The Volvo's in my opinion aren't suitable for the nature of the work. They are made for city routes not constant speed up the A19. The X9/10 is an express service not bus. It seems shortsighted not to invest in what's best for the route. Double deck coaches may cost more but will last longer.
Coastliner700
11 Dec 2017, 1:58 pm #201

(11 Dec 2017, 12:43 pm)Andreos1 I saw a stack of X9/X10's this morning on the A19. All but one of the several I saw, were operated by spares. 
Saw a 10 branded Gemini NIS and stuck in traffic. Guessing sent to pick up a board somewhere.

The Volvo's in my opinion aren't suitable for the nature of the work. They are made for city routes not constant speed up the A19. The X9/10 is an express service not bus. It seems shortsighted not to invest in what's best for the route. Double deck coaches may cost more but will last longer.

11 Dec 2017, 4:13 pm
(11 Dec 2017, 1:58 pm)Coastliner700 The Volvo's in my opinion aren't suitable for the nature of the work. They are made for city routes not constant speed up the A19. The X9/10 is an express service not bus. It seems shortsighted not to invest in what's best for the route. Double deck coaches may cost more but will last longer.

That last line sums up how many (but maybe not the decision makers) feel about the service.
We have no idea what was up with the vehicles, but spares regularly being allocated, can't do the brand or route any good at all.

I've mentioned Northern services in the past and how the increase in frequency with the new timetables and again when the Connect service is launched, could have a detrimental effect on the X9/10.
It will be interesting to see where the numbers on the trains will come from and how theyre going to grow the loads needed to make it work. New travellers or those transferring from car or bus? I can't see the market being that big, not big enough to see sustained growth anyway.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
11 Dec 2017, 4:13 pm #202

(11 Dec 2017, 1:58 pm)Coastliner700 The Volvo's in my opinion aren't suitable for the nature of the work. They are made for city routes not constant speed up the A19. The X9/10 is an express service not bus. It seems shortsighted not to invest in what's best for the route. Double deck coaches may cost more but will last longer.

That last line sums up how many (but maybe not the decision makers) feel about the service.
We have no idea what was up with the vehicles, but spares regularly being allocated, can't do the brand or route any good at all.

I've mentioned Northern services in the past and how the increase in frequency with the new timetables and again when the Connect service is launched, could have a detrimental effect on the X9/10.
It will be interesting to see where the numbers on the trains will come from and how theyre going to grow the loads needed to make it work. New travellers or those transferring from car or bus? I can't see the market being that big, not big enough to see sustained growth anyway.

11 Dec 2017, 4:54 pm
(11 Dec 2017, 4:13 pm)Andreos1 That last line sums up how many (but maybe not the decision makers) feel about the service.

I do wonder how the service could be if it was ran with premium coaches, as it probably should be. No matter how much you jazz up what is, at the end of the day, a pretty run of the mill double decker, a coach will always me more appealing to the sort of customer it seems GNE are targeting with the TTX.
mb134
11 Dec 2017, 4:54 pm #203

(11 Dec 2017, 4:13 pm)Andreos1 That last line sums up how many (but maybe not the decision makers) feel about the service.

I do wonder how the service could be if it was ran with premium coaches, as it probably should be. No matter how much you jazz up what is, at the end of the day, a pretty run of the mill double decker, a coach will always me more appealing to the sort of customer it seems GNE are targeting with the TTX.

11 Dec 2017, 6:03 pm
(11 Dec 2017, 4:54 pm)mb134 I do wonder how the service could be if it was ran with premium coaches, as it probably should be. No matter how much you jazz up what is, at the end of the day, a pretty run of the mill double decker, a coach will always me more appealing to the sort of customer it seems GNE are targeting with the TTX.

Exactly the same as Northern are doing.
Which one will punters go for? The tarted up bus or the tarted up train?
That coach you mention, could have swung it.

Andreos1
11 Dec 2017, 6:03 pm #204

(11 Dec 2017, 4:54 pm)mb134 I do wonder how the service could be if it was ran with premium coaches, as it probably should be. No matter how much you jazz up what is, at the end of the day, a pretty run of the mill double decker, a coach will always me more appealing to the sort of customer it seems GNE are targeting with the TTX.

Exactly the same as Northern are doing.

11 Dec 2017, 6:23 pm
(11 Dec 2017, 6:03 pm)Andreos1 Exactly the same as Northern are doing.

I mentioned it at the time, but I think it's relevant again here. The rear 'advert', giving potential customers the image of a man standing up from Middlesbrough to Newcastle doesn't give the best impression. However, a rear advert of a man/woman sitting down on coach seating with a laptop, I'd argue gives an image of productivity and 'business-class' travel (or as business class as travelling from Middlesbrough to Newcastle can be). Again, this would surely be more appealing than a clapped out train.
mb134
11 Dec 2017, 6:23 pm #205

(11 Dec 2017, 6:03 pm)Andreos1 Exactly the same as Northern are doing.

I mentioned it at the time, but I think it's relevant again here. The rear 'advert', giving potential customers the image of a man standing up from Middlesbrough to Newcastle doesn't give the best impression. However, a rear advert of a man/woman sitting down on coach seating with a laptop, I'd argue gives an image of productivity and 'business-class' travel (or as business class as travelling from Middlesbrough to Newcastle can be). Again, this would surely be more appealing than a clapped out train.

11 Dec 2017, 6:55 pm
(11 Dec 2017, 6:23 pm)mb134 I mentioned it at the time, but I think it's relevant again here. The rear 'advert', giving potential customers the image of a man standing up from Middlesbrough to Newcastle doesn't give the best impression. However, a rear advert of a man/woman sitting down on coach seating with a laptop, I'd argue gives an image of productivity and 'business-class' travel (or as business class as travelling from Middlesbrough to Newcastle can be). Again, this would surely be more appealing than a clapped out train.

I saw the rear adverts on those B5's a few times whilst waiting for other buses in Middlesbrough Bus Station on Friday and something I noticed was the faces of the people who are having to stand, they don't look particularly happy,  wouldn't say miserable, more a sort of neutral facial expression, whenever you see most adverts, the people in these adverts are usually happy, say a advert for a shopping centre shows something like two women wandering around the shopping centre with bags and great big happy smiles on their faces, you wouldn't show them with cheesed off looking faces as that would not give it a good impression of the place you are trying to promote.
Jimmi
11 Dec 2017, 6:55 pm #206

(11 Dec 2017, 6:23 pm)mb134 I mentioned it at the time, but I think it's relevant again here. The rear 'advert', giving potential customers the image of a man standing up from Middlesbrough to Newcastle doesn't give the best impression. However, a rear advert of a man/woman sitting down on coach seating with a laptop, I'd argue gives an image of productivity and 'business-class' travel (or as business class as travelling from Middlesbrough to Newcastle can be). Again, this would surely be more appealing than a clapped out train.

I saw the rear adverts on those B5's a few times whilst waiting for other buses in Middlesbrough Bus Station on Friday and something I noticed was the faces of the people who are having to stand, they don't look particularly happy,  wouldn't say miserable, more a sort of neutral facial expression, whenever you see most adverts, the people in these adverts are usually happy, say a advert for a shopping centre shows something like two women wandering around the shopping centre with bags and great big happy smiles on their faces, you wouldn't show them with cheesed off looking faces as that would not give it a good impression of the place you are trying to promote.

11 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm

Yeah, I don't get those pictures/images either.
There must have been some justification in using an image like that, but I am not sure what positive message it puts across.

To me, it gives off connotations of a crowded bus.
It doesn't 'sell' the service, the features or the benefits.

The images attached are two that XC have used.
I am getting all sorts of ideas and connotations from those images. All of them are related to how I can use my time productively, in a comfy environment.
We know that the reality may be different - but to attract infrequent or new passengers, I am seeing a lot more positives in the XC pictures, over GNE's X9/10 imagery.
Attached Files
.png
wp_ss_20171211_0002 (2).png
Size: 468.54 KB / Downloads: 18
.png
wp_ss_20171211_0001 (2).png
Size: 421.82 KB / Downloads: 16

Andreos1
11 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm #207

Yeah, I don't get those pictures/images either.
There must have been some justification in using an image like that, but I am not sure what positive message it puts across.

I am getting all sorts of ideas and connotations from those images. All of them are related to how I can use my time productively, in a comfy environment.
We know that the reality may be different - but to attract infrequent or new passengers, I am seeing a lot more positives in the XC pictures, over GNE's X9/10 imagery.

Attached Files
.png
wp_ss_20171211_0002 (2).png
Size: 468.54 KB / Downloads: 18
.png
wp_ss_20171211_0001 (2).png
Size: 421.82 KB / Downloads: 16

11 Dec 2017, 10:32 pm
GNE if they don't want to subsidise Mr Souter should look at the BCI Excellence once they become more proven (no I don't work for EnsignBus by the way hehe)! All deckers come with a 6.7L Cummins / ZF as standard and they even have a nice 'Gardner' sound to them!

Few videos doing the rounds on Youtube and they seem capable enough.
L469 YVK
11 Dec 2017, 10:32 pm #208

GNE if they don't want to subsidise Mr Souter should look at the BCI Excellence once they become more proven (no I don't work for EnsignBus by the way hehe)! All deckers come with a 6.7L Cummins / ZF as standard and they even have a nice 'Gardner' sound to them!

11 Dec 2017, 10:56 pm
(11 Dec 2017, 10:32 pm)L469 YVK GNE if they don't want to subsidise Mr Souter should look at the BCI Excellence once they become more proven (no I don't work for EnsignBus by the way hehe)! All deckers come with a 6.7L Cummins / ZF as standard and they even have a nice 'Gardner' sound to them!

Do you know what ADL are offering in the Enviro 500 now? Sure it used to be the 10.8L Cummins ISMe (though I can't find any literature that confirms), but I'm not sure whether that's been changed recently.

(11 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm)Andreos1 Yeah, I don't get those pictures/images either.

Then compare it to this:

[Image: 37098375230_b6d8766863_n.jpg]Go North East: 6313 / NK67EBG by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Standing up for an hour and a half, unable to do anything productive with your time. 

Slightly baffling as to why the tables wouldn't be used as a major selling point to the type of clientele GNE seemed to be aiming at with the images. Slap a picture of 4 people having a meeting on there, and I'd argue it's already a better job than 6 people standing up.
mb134
11 Dec 2017, 10:56 pm #209

(11 Dec 2017, 10:32 pm)L469 YVK GNE if they don't want to subsidise Mr Souter should look at the BCI Excellence once they become more proven (no I don't work for EnsignBus by the way hehe)! All deckers come with a 6.7L Cummins / ZF as standard and they even have a nice 'Gardner' sound to them!

Do you know what ADL are offering in the Enviro 500 now? Sure it used to be the 10.8L Cummins ISMe (though I can't find any literature that confirms), but I'm not sure whether that's been changed recently.

(11 Dec 2017, 10:26 pm)Andreos1 Yeah, I don't get those pictures/images either.

Then compare it to this:

[Image: 37098375230_b6d8766863_n.jpg]Go North East: 6313 / NK67EBG by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Standing up for an hour and a half, unable to do anything productive with your time. 

Slightly baffling as to why the tables wouldn't be used as a major selling point to the type of clientele GNE seemed to be aiming at with the images. Slap a picture of 4 people having a meeting on there, and I'd argue it's already a better job than 6 people standing up.

12 Dec 2017, 8:13 am
Unfortunately due to a vehicle issue, the 28 from Eldon Square at 07:43 will not operate. Apologies for the delay to your journey today.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Dec 2017, 8:13 am #210

Unfortunately due to a vehicle issue, the 28 from Eldon Square at 07:43 will not operate. Apologies for the delay to your journey today.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Tom
12 Dec 2017, 9:05 am
5252 now in fleet livery
Tom
12 Dec 2017, 9:05 am #211

5252 now in fleet livery

12 Dec 2017, 9:22 am
(12 Dec 2017, 9:05 am)Tom 5252 now in fleet livery

Come on Tom, you're a couple of weeks behind Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Dec 2017, 9:22 am #212

(12 Dec 2017, 9:05 am)Tom 5252 now in fleet livery

Come on Tom, you're a couple of weeks behind Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jamie M
Unregistered

12 Dec 2017, 12:04 pm
Another angel decker arriving at Salties round about now.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jamie M
12 Dec 2017, 12:04 pm #213

12 Dec 2017, 4:50 pm
(12 Dec 2017, 12:04 pm)Jamie M Another angel decker arriving at Salties round about now.

2 arrived today, 6316 and 6320
citaro5284
12 Dec 2017, 4:50 pm #214

(12 Dec 2017, 12:04 pm)Jamie M Another angel decker arriving at Salties round about now.

2 arrived today, 6316 and 6320

Tom
12 Dec 2017, 5:58 pm
(12 Dec 2017, 9:22 am)Michael Come on Tom, you're a couple of weeks behind Tongue

Haha bloody hell I'm really not up to date, never seen it before this morning!
Tom
12 Dec 2017, 5:58 pm #215

(12 Dec 2017, 9:22 am)Michael Come on Tom, you're a couple of weeks behind Tongue

Haha bloody hell I'm really not up to date, never seen it before this morning!

12 Dec 2017, 9:49 pm
Forgot to mention something that happened on Saturday, which was pretty out of the ordinary.

A load of buses approaching the High Level were stopped at the very last moment by police.
Left idling, they eventually sorted themselves out (including reversing in to the Bridge Hotel car park and made their way to the Tyne Bridge.
At least one bus (X1) omitted Gateshead and operated via the Gateshead fly-over to Old Durham Road.

Quite an unusual sight/experience!

Andreos1
12 Dec 2017, 9:49 pm #216

Forgot to mention something that happened on Saturday, which was pretty out of the ordinary.

A load of buses approaching the High Level were stopped at the very last moment by police.
Left idling, they eventually sorted themselves out (including reversing in to the Bridge Hotel car park and made their way to the Tyne Bridge.
At least one bus (X1) omitted Gateshead and operated via the Gateshead fly-over to Old Durham Road.

12 Dec 2017, 9:53 pm
(12 Dec 2017, 9:49 pm)Andreos1 Forgot to mention something that happened on Saturday, which was pretty out of the ordinary.

There was someone on top of the bridge.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...e-14016448

Further complicated, later, by the Tyne Bridge being briefly inaccessible.
BusLoverMum
12 Dec 2017, 9:53 pm #217

(12 Dec 2017, 9:49 pm)Andreos1 Forgot to mention something that happened on Saturday, which was pretty out of the ordinary.

There was someone on top of the bridge.

12 Dec 2017, 10:06 pm
The registrations for the new Angel Streetdecks are now listed on "Bus lists on the Web" :

NK67GMG 6315  
NK67GMO 6316  
NK67GMU 6317  
NK67GMV 6318  
NK67GMX 6319  
NK67GMY 6320
NK67GMZ 6321
NK67GNF 6322
NK67GNJ 6323
NK67GNN 6324
NK67GNO 6325
NK67GNP 6326
NK67GNU 6327
NK67GNV 6328
NK67GNX 6329
NK67GNY 6330
NK67GNZ 6331
NK67GOA 6332
NK67GOC 6333
XUP254F
12 Dec 2017, 10:06 pm #218

The registrations for the new Angel Streetdecks are now listed on "Bus lists on the Web" :

NK67GMG 6315  
NK67GMO 6316  
NK67GMU 6317  
NK67GMV 6318  
NK67GMX 6319  
NK67GMY 6320
NK67GMZ 6321
NK67GNF 6322
NK67GNJ 6323
NK67GNN 6324
NK67GNO 6325
NK67GNP 6326
NK67GNU 6327
NK67GNV 6328
NK67GNX 6329
NK67GNY 6330
NK67GNZ 6331
NK67GOA 6332
NK67GOC 6333

12 Dec 2017, 10:09 pm
(12 Dec 2017, 10:06 pm)XUP254F The registrations for the new Angel Streetdecks are now listed on "Bus lists on the Web" :

NK67GMG 6315  
NK67GMO 6316  
NK67GMU 6317  
NK67GMV 6318  
NK67GMX 6319  
NK67GMY 6320
NK67GMZ 6321
NK67GNF 6322
NK67GNJ 6323
NK67GNN 6324
NK67GNO 6325
NK67GNP 6326
NK67GNU 6327
NK67GNV 6328
NK67GNX 6329
NK67GNY 6330
NK67GNZ 6331
NK67GOA 6332
NK67GOC 6333

They are also listed on the NEB fleet list.
S813 FVK
12 Dec 2017, 10:09 pm #219

(12 Dec 2017, 10:06 pm)XUP254F The registrations for the new Angel Streetdecks are now listed on "Bus lists on the Web" :

NK67GMG 6315  
NK67GMO 6316  
NK67GMU 6317  
NK67GMV 6318  
NK67GMX 6319  
NK67GMY 6320
NK67GMZ 6321
NK67GNF 6322
NK67GNJ 6323
NK67GNN 6324
NK67GNO 6325
NK67GNP 6326
NK67GNU 6327
NK67GNV 6328
NK67GNX 6329
NK67GNY 6330
NK67GNZ 6331
NK67GOA 6332
NK67GOC 6333

They are also listed on the NEB fleet list.

12 Dec 2017, 10:18 pm
(12 Dec 2017, 9:53 pm)BusLoverMum There was someone on top of the bridge.

Yeah, guessed as much with the High Level.
Police came bombing all over.

Didnt know about Tyne Bridge. What was up there?

Andreos1
12 Dec 2017, 10:18 pm #220

(12 Dec 2017, 9:53 pm)BusLoverMum There was someone on top of the bridge.

Yeah, guessed as much with the High Level.
Police came bombing all over.

Didnt know about Tyne Bridge. What was up there?

Pages (24): Previous 110 11 1224 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly Related Threads…
Replies 0
Views 36658
06 Mar 2020, 11:35 am
Last Post by V514DFT