Menu

Pages (25)    112 13 1425   
idiot   11 Aug 2015, 7:26 pm
I most admit I do like the handmade burger co Smile

Nandos I could pass but good when rough off the drink LOL

Frankie & Bennys is just awful!
Tom   11 Aug 2015, 7:29 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 7:26 pm)idiot wrote I most admit I do like the handmade burger co Smile

Nandos I could pass but good when rough off the drink LOL

Frankie & Bennys is just awful!

Aye Frankie and Bennys is a rip off!

Coast to Coast is much better I think - similar food and a lot cheaper.
Michael   11 Aug 2015, 7:47 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 7:24 pm)Tom wrote Yeah Nandos is nice, often go there when I'm in town. Quite like the Handmade Burger Co. which is opening one in Eldon Square too (that'll be two within walking distance!).

Never heard of Handmade Burger Co... whats that other burger place called in the Metrocentre?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   11 Aug 2015, 7:48 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 7:47 pm)Michael wrote Never heard of Handmade Burger Co... whats that other burger place called in the Metrocentre?
Gourmet Burger Kitchen?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   11 Aug 2015, 7:50 pm
I'm sure there is a Handmade Burger Co. in Metrocentre? Only been to The Gate one so not sure.
Michael   11 Aug 2015, 7:51 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 7:48 pm)aureolin wrote Gourmet Burger Kitchen?

Ye!

Haven't being their to, is that any good?

Anyone here being to Nudo Sushi, its not bad... something i wouldn't have weekly though!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Adrian   11 Aug 2015, 7:55 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 7:51 pm)Michael wrote Ye!

Haven't being their to, is that any good?

Anyone here being to Nudo Sushi, its not bad... something i wouldn't have weekly though!
Never been to one up here, but the ones I tried in London and Bristol were great. Pricey for what it is, but certainly tasty.

Tom   11 Aug 2015, 7:56 pm
When Five Guys comes to Newcastle and Metrocentre next year I definitely want to try that - heard good things about it!
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   11 Aug 2015, 7:58 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 7:55 pm)aureolin wrote Never been to one up here, but the ones I tried in London and Bristol were great. Pricey for what it is, but certainly tasty.

Ye it is quite pricey.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael   11 Aug 2015, 8:00 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 7:56 pm)Tom wrote When Five Guys comes to Newcastle and Metrocentre next year I definitely want to try that - heard good things about it!

Just had a look at the menu... sounds nice

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Malarkey   11 Aug 2015, 8:01 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 7:29 pm)Tom wrote Aye Frankie and Bennys is a rip off!

Coast to Coast is much better I think - similar food and a lot cheaper.

Funny that Frankie & Bennys is owned by the same Company which owns Coast to Coast, Coast to Coast is supposed be more expensive supposedly, had an Interview at Coast to Coast a few months back which is how I know this.
Tom   11 Aug 2015, 8:02 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 8:00 pm)Michael wrote Just had a look at the menu... sounds nice

Aye it does, Newcastle is going to be unreal for dining once the new food court opens in Newcastle. 21 new restaurants, hopefully they'll be something different and not the same old. Would be nice to have a Chiquito in Newcastle, very nice but pricey.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Adrian   11 Aug 2015, 8:04 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 8:02 pm)Tom wrote Aye it does, Newcastle is going to be unreal for dining once the new food court opens in Newcastle. 21 new restaurants, hopefully they'll be something different and not the same old. Would be nice to have a Chiquito in Newcastle, very nice but pricey.
Sunderland doesn't need a food court. It has about 6 Greggs. Wink

Tom   11 Aug 2015, 8:06 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 8:04 pm)aureolin wrote Sunderland doesn't need a food court. It has about 6 Greggs. Wink

Haha Newcastle isn't far behind
BusLoverMum   11 Aug 2015, 9:12 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 7:24 pm)Tom wrote Yeah Nandos is nice, often go there when I'm in town. Quite like the Handmade Burger Co. which is opening one in Eldon Square too (that'll be two within walking distance!).

Yet to try the handmade burger co. The menu says they all have mayo on, which means that big'un would need to ask for it to be left off, which is against his rules Rolleyes

I'm not overly keen on F&Bs, but it's just about the only place (apart from "Coffee!") that the 4 of us can find something we'll all eat. I'd like it better if the salad wasn't so crap. Big'un usually has a burger or spag bol (or an M&S salmon and cucumber sarnie) hates spice and can't eat cheese (the consequences are vile). Little'un is all about sausage rolls or crap and chips.

(11 Aug 2015, 8:04 pm)aureolin wrote Sunderland doesn't need a food court. It has about 6 Greggs. Wink

Sunderland appears to be slowly morphing into one giant Greggs.
BusLoverMum   11 Aug 2015, 9:16 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 7:51 pm)Michael wrote Anyone here being to Nudo Sushi, its not bad... something i wouldn't have weekly though!

There's one opened in Durham, where the chinese buffet used to be in the Gates. I keep meaning to try it. I would definitely have to do that without children. Nothing they sell is in either of their rule books.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Tom   11 Aug 2015, 9:25 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 9:12 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Yet to try the handmade burger co. The menu says they all have mayo on, which means that big'un would need to ask for it to be left off, which is against his rules Rolleyes

I'm not overly keen on F&Bs, but it's just about the only place (apart from "Coffee!") that the 4 of us can find something we'll all eat. I'd like it better if the salad wasn't so crap. Big'un usually has a burger or spag bol (or an M&S salmon and cucumber sarnie) hates spice and can't eat cheese (the consequences are vile). Little'un is all about sausage rolls or crap and chips.

Sunderland appears to be slowly morphing into one giant Greggs.

Aye they should take it out for you. I'm sure you can create your own burger too, if you do go the pulled pork one was delicious. The only downside with Handmade Burger Co. is that you have to pay for your fries. So can be a bit pricey.
Dan   11 Aug 2015, 9:27 pm

Whey aye - us Mackems are all about fine dining!!
South Tyne Lad   11 Aug 2015, 9:30 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 9:27 pm)Dan wrote Whey aye - us Mackems are all about fine dining!!

Even though im not a Mackem...
Who needs Nandos and The Handmade Burger Company when you can have a Greggs

EDIT Just remembered theve started to put inside dining inside there shops so there you go, Fine Dining Big Grin

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Michael   11 Aug 2015, 9:31 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 9:16 pm)BusLoverMum wrote There's one opened in Durham, where the chinese buffet used to be in the Gates. I keep meaning to try it. I would definitely have to do that without children. Nothing they sell is in either of their rule books.

Might pop to Sunderland and get one tomorrow Smile

Currently not doing anything tomorrow.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Malarkey   11 Aug 2015, 9:37 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 9:30 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Even though im not a Mackem...
Who needs Nandos and The Handmade Burger Company when you can have a Greggs

EDIT  Just remembered theve started to put inside dining inside there shops so there you go, Fine Dining  Big Grin

I and charge you extra for the privilage of doing so, Greggs might be nice and all but prices are starting to become quite vertical, which is why whenever I am in Newcastle I go to Eat 4 Less for Dinner, if only Sunderland had one also.
South Tyne Lad   11 Aug 2015, 9:41 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 9:37 pm)Malarkey wrote I and charge you extra for the privilage of doing so, Greggs might be nice and all but prices are starting to become quite vertical, which is why whenever I am in Newcastle I go to Eat 4 Less for Dinner, if only Sunderland had one also.

Subways always my first choice when I go out or if I have the money and time to waste .......Nandos

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
BusLoverMum   11 Aug 2015, 10:09 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 9:25 pm)Tom wrote Aye they should take it out for you. I'm sure you can create your own burger too, if you do go the pulled pork one was delicious. The only downside with Handmade Burger Co. is that you have to pay for your fries. So can be a bit pricey.

Yep - they should - but I can't even persuade him that where the menu says "artesan ham, dandelion leaves, mustard mayonnaise and unicorn spit, made to order" they would probably happily make him a plain ham salad sarnie with no offensive gunk in it. If it's not on the menu and the walls aren't covered with signs saying they'll leave stuff out (thank you Burger King - for that little detail, your burgers are shite, but perfectly acceptable to him and your fish sandwich is far superior to a Filet o' McFish because your bread isn't so sweet I get palpitations)

And I'm good with pricey if it gets eaten!
BusLoverMum   11 Aug 2015, 10:13 pm
(11 Aug 2015, 9:37 pm)Malarkey wrote I and charge you extra for the privilage of doing so, Greggs might be nice and all but prices are starting to become quite vertical, which is why whenever I am in Newcastle I go to Eat 4 Less for Dinner, if only Sunderland had one also.

In big'un's words, Greggs is mush. he's never tried it, but he hates the smell of the place and I can't actually find a convincing argument against him. Not even a cheese savoury stottie as, well, cheese.

Little'un would be like a pig in poo, there.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
idiot   12 Aug 2015, 7:28 am
I've never heard of the place called Coast to Coast!

Unless its 140 miles of cycling lol
Michael   18 Aug 2015, 2:24 pm
PROPOSALS FOR THE FORMER VAUX BREWERY SITE

http://urbed.coop/sites/default/files/Va...01-4_1.pdf

Looking at the plans, it seems quite good, should be nice when its done!

Did anyone see the plans today in the Bridges?, i forgot about them

Also - https://www.surveymonkey.com/survey-take...TW2Q%3d%3d - a survey to complete, gives u the idea's on what they want to do.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   18 Aug 2015, 10:24 pm
Apparently, I've already taken that survey!
Michael   18 Aug 2015, 10:44 pm
Might be because i done it haha

It can be found here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1006895&page=53 (link found under Pipe dreamers post)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Michael   27 Aug 2015, 5:12 pm
Some new pictures of the new Sunderland college in the city centre:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=992295&page=17 - thanks to demn for the pictures.

------------
Wearside’s maritime heritage will take centre stage as the city’s £3million new public square is officially opened on Monday. Sunderland Ladies football team will be among the special guests at the launch of Keel Square at 11am on Monday, August 31.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local...-1-7428969

----------------------

A new Turkish restaurant has opened in the city centre:  https://www.facebook.com/efessunderland

http://efessunderland.co.uk/ - Official site

The menu doesn't look to bad.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
BusLoverMum   27 Aug 2015, 5:37 pm
(27 Aug 2015, 5:12 pm)Michael wrote Wearside’s maritime heritage will take centre stage as the city’s £3million new public square is officially opened on Monday. Sunderland Ladies football team will be among the special guests at the launch of Keel Square at 11am on Monday, August 31.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/local...-1-7428969

We walked through Keel Square on Monday. A lot less grim than when we last walked through those doors, back in the winter, to avoid the December crush. There was a lad of about 10 paddling in the fountain in just his undercrackers!
Pages (25)    112 13 1425