Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

What's annoying you today? V3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (150): Previous 1148 149 150
Michael

08 Oct 2015, 6:22 am #2,981
Can't be arsed today, got uni all day...... -.-

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
08 Oct 2015, 6:22 am #2,981

Can't be arsed today, got uni all day...... -.-

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

08 Oct 2015, 10:47 am #2,982
Driver on the Go North East X1 sighing and giving me dirty looks because I got to the bus in Gateshead Interchange just as he closed the doors.

Also the photo taking session in Gateshead didn't go well.
Jimmi
08 Oct 2015, 10:47 am #2,982

Driver on the Go North East X1 sighing and giving me dirty looks because I got to the bus in Gateshead Interchange just as he closed the doors.

BusLoverMum

08 Oct 2015, 12:31 pm #2,983
(08 Oct 2015, 10:47 am)Jimmi Driver on the Go North East X1 sighing and giving me dirty looks because I got to the bus in Gateshead Interchange just as he closed the doors.

Hah!

I did that on the Angel, the other week. Driver muttered to me "there's other buses to Durham, you know."

I mentally wished his piles well.
BusLoverMum
08 Oct 2015, 12:31 pm #2,983

(08 Oct 2015, 10:47 am)Jimmi Driver on the Go North East X1 sighing and giving me dirty looks because I got to the bus in Gateshead Interchange just as he closed the doors.

Hah!

I did that on the Angel, the other week. Driver muttered to me "there's other buses to Durham, you know."

I mentally wished his piles well.

Andreos1

08 Oct 2015, 2:34 pm #2,984
(07 Oct 2015, 6:58 pm)Adrian @andreos1 - I don't disagree with anything you've said really, aside from the comment around empire building. 

Your final point is perhaps the most important. Because to get and maintain an active membership, we need flowing discussion and positive contributions. On top of that though, I'll always encourage positive debate, because I think it's important we get a range of views on a particular topic, right across the spectrum.

And I think that point, is possibly where the forum is going wrong.
Granted the flowing debate isn't for everyone. But I think we ALL (going back to my point about everyone taking responsibility), need to hold our hands up and say as individuals; we have stifled debate, not encouraged debate, held back from debate or not given a toss about debate.

I think we all know there is a massive difference between the short, sharp posts we have seen fairly recently, compared to some of the longer posts questioning, putting forward points of view etc., seen in the past.
I know which I prefer and I think I know which one encourages the forum to develop and grow.

As a suggestion, why not create two tiers to the forum?
Those wanting debate, can discuss to their hearts content - without the stifling of opinion.
Those wanting to have the sort of discussion that involves the short, sharp posts - that doesn't leave people fed up and not bothering with the site.
No idea how this would be done or if it would be possible, but it would certainly show survival of the fittest! Or, assuming those who don't want debate - don't like what they see when there is the flowing debate, they move on and go elsewhere.

If the forum continues down the vein it has done for the last however many months - without changes/improvements being made, by both members and the admin team, then the situation (and the opinion a lot of members hold) isn't going to change.
I totally appreciate that members will come and go over the life of any forum. I appreciate that not everyone likes each other or appreciates the posts that every member makes. 
However, I am not sure there we have seen the level of discontent (?) and apathy that is displayed currently.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 Oct 2015, 2:34 pm #2,984

(07 Oct 2015, 6:58 pm)Adrian @andreos1 - I don't disagree with anything you've said really, aside from the comment around empire building. 

Your final point is perhaps the most important. Because to get and maintain an active membership, we need flowing discussion and positive contributions. On top of that though, I'll always encourage positive debate, because I think it's important we get a range of views on a particular topic, right across the spectrum.

And I think that point, is possibly where the forum is going wrong.
Granted the flowing debate isn't for everyone. But I think we ALL (going back to my point about everyone taking responsibility), need to hold our hands up and say as individuals; we have stifled debate, not encouraged debate, held back from debate or not given a toss about debate.

I think we all know there is a massive difference between the short, sharp posts we have seen fairly recently, compared to some of the longer posts questioning, putting forward points of view etc., seen in the past.
I know which I prefer and I think I know which one encourages the forum to develop and grow.

As a suggestion, why not create two tiers to the forum?
Those wanting debate, can discuss to their hearts content - without the stifling of opinion.
Those wanting to have the sort of discussion that involves the short, sharp posts - that doesn't leave people fed up and not bothering with the site.
No idea how this would be done or if it would be possible, but it would certainly show survival of the fittest! Or, assuming those who don't want debate - don't like what they see when there is the flowing debate, they move on and go elsewhere.

If the forum continues down the vein it has done for the last however many months - without changes/improvements being made, by both members and the admin team, then the situation (and the opinion a lot of members hold) isn't going to change.
I totally appreciate that members will come and go over the life of any forum. I appreciate that not everyone likes each other or appreciates the posts that every member makes. 
However, I am not sure there we have seen the level of discontent (?) and apathy that is displayed currently.

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Oct 2015, 3:04 pm #2,985
(08 Oct 2015, 2:34 pm)Andreos1 And I think that point, is possibly where the forum is going wrong.

I don't entirely agree with you.

By and large; I feel that we have encouraged debate, but there have been a number of instances now whereby the nature of a 'debate' has actually caused negativity on the forum and, in my opinion, has been the result of others holding back from the debate, as they'd prefer not to get involved in what has become renowned for being a slagging match. These contributions aren't positive, and won't help the growth and survival of the forum in the slightest.

I also feel that some members of the forum attempt to get involved in a debate, but their lack of knowledge and/or experience quite often results in brash and unfounded statements being made, which can get other members' backs up. Perhaps this is all to be expected, given that quite a number of the forum's members are barely into their teens yet? I'm all for debate, but I think it has to be moderated carefully to ensure that all comments being made are appropriate.
Dan
08 Oct 2015, 3:04 pm #2,985

(08 Oct 2015, 2:34 pm)Andreos1 And I think that point, is possibly where the forum is going wrong.

I don't entirely agree with you.

By and large; I feel that we have encouraged debate, but there have been a number of instances now whereby the nature of a 'debate' has actually caused negativity on the forum and, in my opinion, has been the result of others holding back from the debate, as they'd prefer not to get involved in what has become renowned for being a slagging match. These contributions aren't positive, and won't help the growth and survival of the forum in the slightest.

I also feel that some members of the forum attempt to get involved in a debate, but their lack of knowledge and/or experience quite often results in brash and unfounded statements being made, which can get other members' backs up. Perhaps this is all to be expected, given that quite a number of the forum's members are barely into their teens yet? I'm all for debate, but I think it has to be moderated carefully to ensure that all comments being made are appropriate.

Andreos1

08 Oct 2015, 4:52 pm #2,986
(08 Oct 2015, 3:04 pm)Dan I don't entirely agree with you.

By and large; I feel that we have encouraged debate, but there have been a number of instances now whereby the nature of a 'debate' has actually caused negativity on the forum and, in my opinion, has been the result of others holding back from the debate, as they'd prefer not to get involved in what has become renowned for being a slagging match. These contributions aren't positive, and won't help the growth and survival of the forum in the slightest.#

Whereas the current situation, sees what?
No debate, pointless posts, people slagging others off both directly and indirectly, people not posting/visiting, an apparent apathy and members asking for their accounts to be closed.
Granted people did that previously, when there was debate. I am not sure if the numbers were so great or obvious.

If the current status quo isn't working, then as I have said previously, we all need to do something about it. Otherwise the forum continues along the path it has been trundling along over the last few months.

Andreos1
08 Oct 2015, 4:52 pm #2,986

(08 Oct 2015, 3:04 pm)Dan I don't entirely agree with you.

By and large; I feel that we have encouraged debate, but there have been a number of instances now whereby the nature of a 'debate' has actually caused negativity on the forum and, in my opinion, has been the result of others holding back from the debate, as they'd prefer not to get involved in what has become renowned for being a slagging match. These contributions aren't positive, and won't help the growth and survival of the forum in the slightest.#

Whereas the current situation, sees what?
No debate, pointless posts, people slagging others off both directly and indirectly, people not posting/visiting, an apparent apathy and members asking for their accounts to be closed.
Granted people did that previously, when there was debate. I am not sure if the numbers were so great or obvious.

If the current status quo isn't working, then as I have said previously, we all need to do something about it. Otherwise the forum continues along the path it has been trundling along over the last few months.

Adrian

08 Oct 2015, 4:56 pm #2,987
A two-tier forum wouldn't work in my opinion, nor would it be technically possible. The only way you could do it would be to have two physical instances of the forum software running, which will never happen.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
08 Oct 2015, 4:56 pm #2,987

A two-tier forum wouldn't work in my opinion, nor would it be technically possible. The only way you could do it would be to have two physical instances of the forum software running, which will never happen.

09 Oct 2015, 10:15 am #2,988
Roadworks in Coventry resulting in less buses going past the decent photo spot I like

Plus this Citaro I'm on sounds like a bag of spanners.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
09 Oct 2015, 10:15 am #2,988

Roadworks in Coventry resulting in less buses going past the decent photo spot I like

Plus this Citaro I'm on sounds like a bag of spanners.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Davie

Banned

09 Oct 2015, 12:51 pm #2,989
My asmha is causing me a few problems today
Davie
09 Oct 2015, 12:51 pm #2,989

My asmha is causing me a few problems today

Michael

09 Oct 2015, 7:48 pm #2,990
Do you ever think.... why do i bother?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Oct 2015, 7:48 pm #2,990

Do you ever think.... why do i bother?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

09 Oct 2015, 8:16 pm #2,991
(09 Oct 2015, 7:48 pm)Michael Do you ever think.... why do i bother?
Quite often.

I've been having some negative thoughts today.
Jimmi
09 Oct 2015, 8:16 pm #2,991

(09 Oct 2015, 7:48 pm)Michael Do you ever think.... why do i bother?
Quite often.

Michael

09 Oct 2015, 8:17 pm #2,992
(09 Oct 2015, 8:16 pm)Jimmi Quite often.

Me too, sick of trying.... also getting ignored is very annoying!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Oct 2015, 8:17 pm #2,992

(09 Oct 2015, 8:16 pm)Jimmi Quite often.

Me too, sick of trying.... also getting ignored is very annoying!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

DanPicken

Banned

09 Oct 2015, 8:18 pm #2,993
(09 Oct 2015, 8:17 pm)Michael Me too, sick of trying.... also getting ignored is very annoying!

So am I by someone on here.
DanPicken
09 Oct 2015, 8:18 pm #2,993

(09 Oct 2015, 8:17 pm)Michael Me too, sick of trying.... also getting ignored is very annoying!

So am I by someone on here.

Michael

09 Oct 2015, 8:21 pm #2,994
(09 Oct 2015, 8:18 pm)DanPicken So am I by someone on here.

Facebook is the worst, u send a message, they see and ignore it...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Oct 2015, 8:21 pm #2,994

(09 Oct 2015, 8:18 pm)DanPicken So am I by someone on here.

Facebook is the worst, u send a message, they see and ignore it...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

DanPicken

Banned

09 Oct 2015, 8:23 pm #2,995
(09 Oct 2015, 8:21 pm)Michael Facebook is the worst, u send a message, they see and ignore it...

I know if I don't receive a reply the I'll give the Gateshead game a miss.
DanPicken
09 Oct 2015, 8:23 pm #2,995

(09 Oct 2015, 8:21 pm)Michael Facebook is the worst, u send a message, they see and ignore it...

I know if I don't receive a reply the I'll give the Gateshead game a miss.

Jimmi

09 Oct 2015, 8:27 pm #2,996
I certainly know what it's like to be ignored, in my first year on my course at college I was ignored except when someone wanted to take the mick out of me, probably because I never said anything in the whole year mainly because I just didn't fit in and I knew nobody and I hated most of them.
Jimmi
09 Oct 2015, 8:27 pm #2,996

I certainly know what it's like to be ignored, in my first year on my course at college I was ignored except when someone wanted to take the mick out of me, probably because I never said anything in the whole year mainly because I just didn't fit in and I knew nobody and I hated most of them.

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Oct 2015, 8:29 pm #2,997
Lee Calder... How could you ignore Dan P?!
Dan
09 Oct 2015, 8:29 pm #2,997

Lee Calder... How could you ignore Dan P?!

Michael

09 Oct 2015, 8:39 pm #2,998
(09 Oct 2015, 8:27 pm)Jimmi I certainly know what it's like to be ignored, in my first year on my course at college I was ignored except when someone wanted to take the mick out of me, probably because I never said anything in the whole year mainly because I just didn't fit in and I knew nobody and I hated most of them.

That's shit.

I was in a class of all girls last year and they all bitched...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Oct 2015, 8:39 pm #2,998

(09 Oct 2015, 8:27 pm)Jimmi I certainly know what it's like to be ignored, in my first year on my course at college I was ignored except when someone wanted to take the mick out of me, probably because I never said anything in the whole year mainly because I just didn't fit in and I knew nobody and I hated most of them.

That's shit.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

09 Oct 2015, 8:47 pm #2,999
(09 Oct 2015, 8:39 pm)Michael That's shit.

Fortunately for levels two and three most the people I didn't like didn't come back after completing level one, most was partly down to the EMA payments being scrapped and they couldn't be arsed. Got on reasonably well with the people on my course for my second and third year.

Most of the ones who left just sat on the dole and three years later they probably still are.
Jimmi
09 Oct 2015, 8:47 pm #2,999

(09 Oct 2015, 8:39 pm)Michael That's shit.

Fortunately for levels two and three most the people I didn't like didn't come back after completing level one, most was partly down to the EMA payments being scrapped and they couldn't be arsed. Got on reasonably well with the people on my course for my second and third year.

Most of the ones who left just sat on the dole and three years later they probably still are.

Adrian

09 Oct 2015, 9:07 pm #3,000
I'm conscious that we've hit 3,000 posts in this thread, so I'm going to start a V4. I'll leave this one archived in the forum, but further posts won't be possible. Please use the new thread.

What's annoying you today? V4

Adrian
09 Oct 2015, 9:07 pm #3,000

I'm conscious that we've hit 3,000 posts in this thread, so I'm going to start a V4. I'll leave this one archived in the forum, but further posts won't be possible. Please use the new thread.

What's annoying you today? V4

Pages (150): Previous 1148 149 150

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average