Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Passenger Focus

Passenger Focus

Passenger Focus

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Andreos1

29 Mar 2014, 8:52 am #41
Has anyone typed 'GNE Passenger Focus' into google?

Interesting results!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
29 Mar 2014, 8:52 am #41

Has anyone typed 'GNE Passenger Focus' into google?

Interesting results!

Andreos1

30 May 2014, 3:22 pm #42
http://www.passengerfocus.org.uk/blog/20...assengers/

Although not related to the survey carried out on a select number of GNE passengers, the survey is from Passenger Focus and is linked to customer perception.

Andreos1
30 May 2014, 3:22 pm #42

http://www.passengerfocus.org.uk/blog/20...assengers/

Although not related to the survey carried out on a select number of GNE passengers, the survey is from Passenger Focus and is linked to customer perception.

Adrian

30 May 2014, 6:22 pm #43
(30 May 2014, 3:22 pm)Andreos Constantopolous http://www.passengerfocus.org.uk/blog/20...assengers/

See I'd argue that if a bus is late it's late, but there is of course tolerable lateness. 5 minutes for example isn't a great problem during the day, but on an evening it can be a nightmare for connections. There used to be countless times I missed the M2, because the 50A was 5 or 6 minutes late. That's not tollerable as it means waiting 30 minutes for the next bus, which makes me 30 minutes late, regardless of how 'late' the bus is.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
30 May 2014, 6:22 pm #43

(30 May 2014, 3:22 pm)Andreos Constantopolous http://www.passengerfocus.org.uk/blog/20...assengers/

See I'd argue that if a bus is late it's late, but there is of course tolerable lateness. 5 minutes for example isn't a great problem during the day, but on an evening it can be a nightmare for connections. There used to be countless times I missed the M2, because the 50A was 5 or 6 minutes late. That's not tollerable as it means waiting 30 minutes for the next bus, which makes me 30 minutes late, regardless of how 'late' the bus is.

GuyParkRoyal

05 Nov 2014, 3:43 pm #44
While out on a recent bus journey I was approached by Passenger Focus to take part in a Bus Passenger Survey. As this is a subject that we have discussed on the forum I thought it would be good to share my experience.
THE SAMPLE:
I boarded the bus at the start of a route noticing the Passenger Focus person introducing herself to the driver. Every passenger was approached and given information on the purpose of Passenger Focus and invited to take part in a survey. As other passengers boarded the bus along the route they were also invited to take part in the survey. No one refused to take part in the survey so the good news is 100% of passengers on the said run were given a survey form.
The form consists of 8 pages on A4 paper and we were advised to complete the form and return it in the pre-paid envelope provided. The instruction was to complete the form based on that actual journey only. It is fair to say that while there was 100% take up of the survey form it is open to debate how many forms are actually returned to Passenger Focus.
There has been comment in the past that these surveys seem to be completed by OAP’s on concessionary travel, sadly that was true of my journey with around 80% of passengers being on concessions. Incidentally I don’t fall into that category so I have made sure that my form is returned to represent the minority passenger group on the journey. Let’s hope that Passenger Focus go out on some early morning or late evening journeys where they might get a better mix of age groups for their survey.
When I have taken part in market research in the past I have always been asked if I am employed in certain sectors that would give a biased result. I am somewhat surprised that I was not asked if I was a current or ex employee with the bus operator or one of their competitors as a means filltering out any biased results.
THE SURVEY:
Question 31 of the survey asked questions relating to the driver and if he / she is doing their job as normal this would in my opinion automatically create a high score for that section. In any event I would expect management to advise drivers what they need to be aware of if a Passenger Focus survey person boards their bus.
Question 22 look at the cleanliness of the bus which makes me wonder if these surveys are unannounced or if they are programmed in advance. I just found it strange to have a bus that was exceptionally clean during the mid morning period.
Question 34 & 35 asks about value for money which is a fair question but considering 80% of my fellow passengers were on free concessionary travel the results will be somewhat skewed.
Question 12 asked about bus shelters or other places where the bus was boarded, a reasonable question but something that is not within the control of the operator. I have to wonder if this question is taken out of the percentage figure that the operator uses in their customer satisfaction results.
THE SURVEY FORM:
I hope the information above gives a brief overview of my experience with Passenger Focus. I have not uploaded the 8 page survey form on the assumption that it will be available on the web. I have however scanned the survey form so if anyone wants to see any extracts or even the full document just let me know and I will upload it.
GuyParkRoyal
05 Nov 2014, 3:43 pm #44

While out on a recent bus journey I was approached by Passenger Focus to take part in a Bus Passenger Survey. As this is a subject that we have discussed on the forum I thought it would be good to share my experience.
THE SAMPLE:
I boarded the bus at the start of a route noticing the Passenger Focus person introducing herself to the driver. Every passenger was approached and given information on the purpose of Passenger Focus and invited to take part in a survey. As other passengers boarded the bus along the route they were also invited to take part in the survey. No one refused to take part in the survey so the good news is 100% of passengers on the said run were given a survey form.
The form consists of 8 pages on A4 paper and we were advised to complete the form and return it in the pre-paid envelope provided. The instruction was to complete the form based on that actual journey only. It is fair to say that while there was 100% take up of the survey form it is open to debate how many forms are actually returned to Passenger Focus.
There has been comment in the past that these surveys seem to be completed by OAP’s on concessionary travel, sadly that was true of my journey with around 80% of passengers being on concessions. Incidentally I don’t fall into that category so I have made sure that my form is returned to represent the minority passenger group on the journey. Let’s hope that Passenger Focus go out on some early morning or late evening journeys where they might get a better mix of age groups for their survey.
When I have taken part in market research in the past I have always been asked if I am employed in certain sectors that would give a biased result. I am somewhat surprised that I was not asked if I was a current or ex employee with the bus operator or one of their competitors as a means filltering out any biased results.
THE SURVEY:
Question 31 of the survey asked questions relating to the driver and if he / she is doing their job as normal this would in my opinion automatically create a high score for that section. In any event I would expect management to advise drivers what they need to be aware of if a Passenger Focus survey person boards their bus.
Question 22 look at the cleanliness of the bus which makes me wonder if these surveys are unannounced or if they are programmed in advance. I just found it strange to have a bus that was exceptionally clean during the mid morning period.
Question 34 & 35 asks about value for money which is a fair question but considering 80% of my fellow passengers were on free concessionary travel the results will be somewhat skewed.
Question 12 asked about bus shelters or other places where the bus was boarded, a reasonable question but something that is not within the control of the operator. I have to wonder if this question is taken out of the percentage figure that the operator uses in their customer satisfaction results.
THE SURVEY FORM:
I hope the information above gives a brief overview of my experience with Passenger Focus. I have not uploaded the 8 page survey form on the assumption that it will be available on the web. I have however scanned the survey form so if anyone wants to see any extracts or even the full document just let me know and I will upload it.

Adrian

05 Nov 2014, 9:21 pm #45
Did they give you a pen to complete it? Was a previous criticism I had, and that a survey rate is perhaps going to be higher, should folk be able to complete it during their journey

Adrian
05 Nov 2014, 9:21 pm #45

Did they give you a pen to complete it? Was a previous criticism I had, and that a survey rate is perhaps going to be higher, should folk be able to complete it during their journey

GuyParkRoyal

06 Nov 2014, 8:30 am #46
(05 Nov 2014, 9:21 pm)aureolin Did they give you a pen to complete it? Was a previous criticism I had, and that a survey rate is perhaps going to be higher, should folk be able to complete it during their journey

They did not provide a pen or pencil to complete the survey so I have to share your concern on this possibly leading to a lower return rate.
Disapointing really as a pen with some form of advertising or a mini pen would be negligible in cost compared with the overall survey cost.
Digressing slightly, I went on a Nexus Ferry trip in September and they handed out a customer feedback form with a pen to each customer. When talking to one of the staff about the return rate of pens he said they only incur a loss of a few pens each trip and that it is worth it to get a high return rate. Perhaps Passengers Focus can learn something from Nexus on this subject.
GuyParkRoyal
06 Nov 2014, 8:30 am #46

(05 Nov 2014, 9:21 pm)aureolin Did they give you a pen to complete it? Was a previous criticism I had, and that a survey rate is perhaps going to be higher, should folk be able to complete it during their journey

They did not provide a pen or pencil to complete the survey so I have to share your concern on this possibly leading to a lower return rate.
Disapointing really as a pen with some form of advertising or a mini pen would be negligible in cost compared with the overall survey cost.
Digressing slightly, I went on a Nexus Ferry trip in September and they handed out a customer feedback form with a pen to each customer. When talking to one of the staff about the return rate of pens he said they only incur a loss of a few pens each trip and that it is worth it to get a high return rate. Perhaps Passengers Focus can learn something from Nexus on this subject.

Andreos1

12 Mar 2015, 9:43 am #47
It is that time of the year again!

http://www.passengerfocus.org.uk/news/ar...gers-happy

Passenger Focus survey published.

Andreos1
12 Mar 2015, 9:43 am #47

It is that time of the year again!

Adrian

12 Mar 2015, 10:09 am #48
(12 Mar 2015, 9:43 am)Andreos1 It is that time of the year again!

Have they found 60 volunteers to speak for all of us yet?

Adrian
12 Mar 2015, 10:09 am #48

(12 Mar 2015, 9:43 am)Andreos1 It is that time of the year again!

Have they found 60 volunteers to speak for all of us yet?

Dan

Site Administrator

12 Mar 2015, 3:30 pm #49
Go North East passengers are happy, says independent survey:
http://www.simplygo.com/news/go-north-ea...ent-survey
Dan
12 Mar 2015, 3:30 pm #49

Go North East passengers are happy, says independent survey:
http://www.simplygo.com/news/go-north-ea...ent-survey

Adrian

12 Mar 2015, 5:37 pm #50
Results for North East compared to last year then...

Arriva (Northumbria): +4%
- 2014: 87%
- 2013: 83%

Arriva (Tees): +3%
- 2014: 89%
- 2013: 86%

Go North East: 0%
- 2014: 90%
- 2013: 90%

Stagecoach (Busways): -2%
- 2013: 91%

Stagecoach (Transit): -3%
- 2014: 88%

Source: http://data.passengerfocus.org.uk/bus/

Adrian
12 Mar 2015, 5:37 pm #50

Results for North East compared to last year then...

Arriva (Northumbria): +4%
- 2014: 87%
- 2013: 83%

Arriva (Tees): +3%
- 2013: 86%

Go North East: 0%
- 2013: 90%

Stagecoach (Busways): -2%

Stagecoach (Transit): -3%

Source: http://data.passengerfocus.org.uk/bus/

Adrian

09 Apr 2016, 11:24 pm #51
I don't think we've had 2015's results shared yet, so here it is:
http://www.transportfocus.org.uk/researc...tumn-2015/

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Adrian
09 Apr 2016, 11:24 pm #51

I don't think we've had 2015's results shared yet, so here it is:
http://www.transportfocus.org.uk/researc...tumn-2015/

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Adrian

09 Apr 2016, 11:43 pm #52
So again, 2015 vs 2014 results for the North East.

Arriva (Tyne and Wear)*
- 2015: 90%
- 2014: --

Arriva (Tees): 0%
- 2015: 89%

Go North East: -1%

Stagecoach (Busways): -4%
- 2015: 85%

Stagecoach (Transit): +2%

Source: http://data.transportfocus.org.uk/bus/

* Previously listed as Arriva Northumberland, hence no 2014 data.

Adrian
09 Apr 2016, 11:43 pm #52

So again, 2015 vs 2014 results for the North East.

Arriva (Tyne and Wear)*
- 2014: --

Arriva (Tees): 0%

Go North East: -1%

Stagecoach (Busways): -4%
- 2015: 85%

Stagecoach (Transit): +2%

Source: http://data.transportfocus.org.uk/bus/

* Previously listed as Arriva Northumberland, hence no 2014 data.

Andreos1

15 Sep 2016, 9:14 am #53
They're on the prowl today.
Just been given a survey.

Will try and upload photos of the hard copy survey.
Attached Files
.jpg
20160915_123822.jpg
Size: 3.47 MB / Downloads: 23
.jpg
20160915_123832.jpg
Size: 3.27 MB / Downloads: 15
.jpg
20160915_123838.jpg
Size: 3.1 MB / Downloads: 15

Andreos1
15 Sep 2016, 9:14 am #53

They're on the prowl today.

Attached Files
.jpg
20160915_123822.jpg
Size: 3.47 MB / Downloads: 23
.jpg
20160915_123832.jpg
Size: 3.27 MB / Downloads: 15
.jpg
20160915_123838.jpg
Size: 3.1 MB / Downloads: 15

Adrian

15 Sep 2016, 2:06 pm #54
(15 Sep 2016, 9:14 am)Andreos1 They're on the prowl today.

How did they approach it? Did they give you any kind of introduction?

Or even a pen to complete it?

Adrian
15 Sep 2016, 2:06 pm #54

(15 Sep 2016, 9:14 am)Andreos1 They're on the prowl today.

How did they approach it? Did they give you any kind of introduction?

Andreos1

15 Sep 2016, 3:04 pm #55
(15 Sep 2016, 2:06 pm)Adrian How did they approach it? Did they give you any kind of introduction?

Not all of the pages attached for some reason.
There are a few more photos outstanding.

Two women representatives with one observing and another floating around the vehicle in question.
Approached each passenger and introduced herself, explaining the reasons why the survey was being carried out.
Asked if passengers wished to take part, offering a hard-copy and free post envelope (but no pen) or for the survey to be sent out via email.

Andreos1
15 Sep 2016, 3:04 pm #55

(15 Sep 2016, 2:06 pm)Adrian How did they approach it? Did they give you any kind of introduction?

Not all of the pages attached for some reason.
There are a few more photos outstanding.

Two women representatives with one observing and another floating around the vehicle in question.
Approached each passenger and introduced herself, explaining the reasons why the survey was being carried out.
Asked if passengers wished to take part, offering a hard-copy and free post envelope (but no pen) or for the survey to be sent out via email.

Andreos1

20 Feb 2017, 6:43 pm #56
https://www.transportfocus.org.uk/resear...ss-report/

I'm conscious that discussion regarding consultations have taken place in this thread and operator specific threads and the issue of sampling has been brought up in this thread.

Numerous points have been made about local operators and their attitude towards consulting passengers on change and whether it's a tick box exercise, with decisions already being made - regardless of a consultation outcome or if operators really are interested in what passengers have to say. 

In the link above, there are some excellent case studies regarding consultation excercises. Primarily from LA's, the detail and effort they have gone in to, is quite impressive.

Something other local operators could learn from? I think we could all agree that previous consultation attempts, haven't always been too impressive...

Andreos1
20 Feb 2017, 6:43 pm #56

https://www.transportfocus.org.uk/resear...ss-report/

I'm conscious that discussion regarding consultations have taken place in this thread and operator specific threads and the issue of sampling has been brought up in this thread.

Numerous points have been made about local operators and their attitude towards consulting passengers on change and whether it's a tick box exercise, with decisions already being made - regardless of a consultation outcome or if operators really are interested in what passengers have to say. 

In the link above, there are some excellent case studies regarding consultation excercises. Primarily from LA's, the detail and effort they have gone in to, is quite impressive.

Something other local operators could learn from? I think we could all agree that previous consultation attempts, haven't always been too impressive...

Andreos1

23 Mar 2017, 7:30 pm #57
It looks like the event we have all been waiting for, is about to happen...

Autumn 2016 North East Transport Focus scores are slowly being released in to the public domain.

Nick Knox has just tweeted the following:

Quote:Very proud of the Arriva North East customer satisfaction results from the @TransportFocus Survey– 93% in Tyne & Wear and 92% in Tees Valley

https://twitter.com/arrinickknox/status/...4720234500

Andreos1
23 Mar 2017, 7:30 pm #57

It looks like the event we have all been waiting for, is about to happen...

Autumn 2016 North East Transport Focus scores are slowly being released in to the public domain.

Nick Knox has just tweeted the following:

Quote:Very proud of the Arriva North East customer satisfaction results from the @TransportFocus Survey– 93% in Tyne & Wear and 92% in Tees Valley

https://twitter.com/arrinickknox/status/...4720234500

Andreos1

03 May 2017, 2:38 pm #58
https://www.eurotransportmagazine.com/23...rvey-blog/

Results of Dundee survey, provokes response and comment.

Andreos1
03 May 2017, 2:38 pm #58

https://www.eurotransportmagazine.com/23...rvey-blog/

Results of Dundee survey, provokes response and comment.

Andreos1

14 Mar 2018, 7:02 pm #59
https://twitter.com/TF_davidS/status/973980566096932864

*coughs*
Sampling plan anyone?

Was anyone approached for this years survey?

Andreos1
14 Mar 2018, 7:02 pm #59

https://twitter.com/TF_davidS/status/973980566096932864

*coughs*
Sampling plan anyone?

eezypeazy

18 Mar 2018, 8:07 am #60
(14 Mar 2018, 7:02 pm)Andreos1 https://twitter.com/TF_davidS/status/973980566096932864

*coughs*
Sampling plan anyone?

I wasn't approached, but I did see forms being handed out over two days last Autumn.
eezypeazy
18 Mar 2018, 8:07 am #60

(14 Mar 2018, 7:02 pm)Andreos1 https://twitter.com/TF_davidS/status/973980566096932864

*coughs*
Sampling plan anyone?

I wasn't approached, but I did see forms being handed out over two days last Autumn.

Pages (4): Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average