Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Northumberland Independents PCL Travel

PCL Travel

PCL Travel

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (43): Previous 119 20 2143 Next
Tom

29 Jun 2017, 9:12 am #381
(29 Jun 2017, 8:25 am)RBZ 5459 Noticed it on Sunday when I checked the times to try and photo it at the Metrocentre. Second time I've been stood for the 1600 to reach it's journey end, second time it didn't appear for me. What an outfit operation....
This time I was at the Metrocentre Coach Park after last times Newcastle no show.

I wonder if it was because no passengers were onboard, and there is probably no point in operating the rest of the journey (even though they should) and has just returned to the depot early from Stannington or Cowgate?
Tom
29 Jun 2017, 9:12 am #381

(29 Jun 2017, 8:25 am)RBZ 5459 Noticed it on Sunday when I checked the times to try and photo it at the Metrocentre. Second time I've been stood for the 1600 to reach it's journey end, second time it didn't appear for me. What an outfit operation....
This time I was at the Metrocentre Coach Park after last times Newcastle no show.

I wonder if it was because no passengers were onboard, and there is probably no point in operating the rest of the journey (even though they should) and has just returned to the depot early from Stannington or Cowgate?

29 Jun 2017, 10:53 am #382
(29 Jun 2017, 9:02 am)Jimmi Partly why I've never bothered getting a photo of the Sunday workings at Metrocentre/Newcastle as I did fear that this would happen on the last trip to the Metrocentre and it's a shame to see my fears being proved right.

(29 Jun 2017, 9:12 am)Tom I wonder if it was because no passengers were onboard, and there is probably no point in operating the rest of the journey (even though they should) and has just returned to the depot early from Stannington or Cowgate?

I'm thinking it could be that, as I have seen it leave Morpeth a few weeks back when we were up for the Fair Day P&R.
Very naughty if the case...

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
29 Jun 2017, 10:53 am #382

(29 Jun 2017, 9:02 am)Jimmi Partly why I've never bothered getting a photo of the Sunday workings at Metrocentre/Newcastle as I did fear that this would happen on the last trip to the Metrocentre and it's a shame to see my fears being proved right.

(29 Jun 2017, 9:12 am)Tom I wonder if it was because no passengers were onboard, and there is probably no point in operating the rest of the journey (even though they should) and has just returned to the depot early from Stannington or Cowgate?

I'm thinking it could be that, as I have seen it leave Morpeth a few weeks back when we were up for the Fair Day P&R.
Very naughty if the case...

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Tom

08 Jul 2017, 3:20 pm #383
So having eventually had the chance to try out PCL myself I must say I was very happy with the service provided and was surprised to have the 2 darts but are in a far better condition than previously and were quite decent buses for a dart.

First was on the 15 from Alnwick which was spot on time, though was a dart instead of the usual Solo - the loadings were quite low but I noticed a few people boarding in Rothbury heading to Thropton. Then I am on an unplanned trip on the M1 as I read the X14 times wrong so had a hour wait in Rothbury and this one has a good loading with several fare paying passengers, and again this dart is in a surprisingly good conditon. Far better than the vans they put on the service. Also excellent value at only £2 from Rothbury to Morpeth! (18 or so miles) Both drivers were also very friendly.

So overall I think they have 100% improved and I would say to anybody who has been put off by the incidents in the past to give them a go!
Edited 08 Jul 2017, 3:23 pm by Tom.
Tom
08 Jul 2017, 3:20 pm #383

So having eventually had the chance to try out PCL myself I must say I was very happy with the service provided and was surprised to have the 2 darts but are in a far better condition than previously and were quite decent buses for a dart.

First was on the 15 from Alnwick which was spot on time, though was a dart instead of the usual Solo - the loadings were quite low but I noticed a few people boarding in Rothbury heading to Thropton. Then I am on an unplanned trip on the M1 as I read the X14 times wrong so had a hour wait in Rothbury and this one has a good loading with several fare paying passengers, and again this dart is in a surprisingly good conditon. Far better than the vans they put on the service. Also excellent value at only £2 from Rothbury to Morpeth! (18 or so miles) Both drivers were also very friendly.

So overall I think they have 100% improved and I would say to anybody who has been put off by the incidents in the past to give them a go!

Jimmi

08 Jul 2017, 3:55 pm #384
(08 Jul 2017, 3:20 pm)Tom So having eventually had the chance to try out PCL myself I must say I was very happy with the service provided and was surprised to have the 2 darts but are in a far better condition than previously and were quite decent buses for a dart.

I did a trip on PCL a few Saturdays back where I got the S1 from Morpeth to Stannington and back, M1 to Rothbury then 15 to Alnwick and I didn't have any issues although I did see one of the T1 services miss out Morpeth Rail Station. They have certainly improved recently but I still have slight fears of stuff going wrong.

I noticed that the 06 reg Solo was operating the afternoon trip on service 808 last Saturday.

Fancy some haulage on their Darts again but other stuff tends to turn up when I've used them, would quite to sample the ex Hunter Bros MPD but haven't seen it in a little while.
Jimmi
08 Jul 2017, 3:55 pm #384

(08 Jul 2017, 3:20 pm)Tom So having eventually had the chance to try out PCL myself I must say I was very happy with the service provided and was surprised to have the 2 darts but are in a far better condition than previously and were quite decent buses for a dart.

I did a trip on PCL a few Saturdays back where I got the S1 from Morpeth to Stannington and back, M1 to Rothbury then 15 to Alnwick and I didn't have any issues although I did see one of the T1 services miss out Morpeth Rail Station. They have certainly improved recently but I still have slight fears of stuff going wrong.

I noticed that the 06 reg Solo was operating the afternoon trip on service 808 last Saturday.

Fancy some haulage on their Darts again but other stuff tends to turn up when I've used them, would quite to sample the ex Hunter Bros MPD but haven't seen it in a little while.

Tom

08 Jul 2017, 4:39 pm #385
(08 Jul 2017, 3:55 pm)Jimmi I did a trip on PCL a few Saturdays back where I got the S1 from Morpeth to Stannington and back, M1 to Rothbury then 15 to Alnwick and I didn't have any issues although I did see one of the T1 services miss out Morpeth Rail Station. They have certainly improved recently but I still have slight fears of stuff going wrong.

Yeah I guess they don't have any set allocations then, other than the Centro on the T1s - also quite odd was R222LOT on the S1.

I wonder if the ex Hunters MPD has been withdrawn as I have never seen it or pictures of it recently
Tom
08 Jul 2017, 4:39 pm #385

(08 Jul 2017, 3:55 pm)Jimmi I did a trip on PCL a few Saturdays back where I got the S1 from Morpeth to Stannington and back, M1 to Rothbury then 15 to Alnwick and I didn't have any issues although I did see one of the T1 services miss out Morpeth Rail Station. They have certainly improved recently but I still have slight fears of stuff going wrong.

Yeah I guess they don't have any set allocations then, other than the Centro on the T1s - also quite odd was R222LOT on the S1.

I wonder if the ex Hunters MPD has been withdrawn as I have never seen it or pictures of it recently

tyresmoke

08 Jul 2017, 4:50 pm #386
(08 Jul 2017, 4:39 pm)Tom Yeah I guess they don't have any set allocations then, other than the Centro on the T1s - also quite odd was R222LOT on the S1.

They've got a Centro? Or do you mean the Primo Tom?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
08 Jul 2017, 4:50 pm #386

(08 Jul 2017, 4:39 pm)Tom Yeah I guess they don't have any set allocations then, other than the Centro on the T1s - also quite odd was R222LOT on the S1.

They've got a Centro? Or do you mean the Primo Tom?

Tom

08 Jul 2017, 5:48 pm #387
(08 Jul 2017, 4:50 pm)tyresmoke They've got a Centro? Or do you mean the Primo Tom?

Sorry yeah the Primo
Tom
08 Jul 2017, 5:48 pm #387

(08 Jul 2017, 4:50 pm)tyresmoke They've got a Centro? Or do you mean the Primo Tom?

Sorry yeah the Primo

Charles41

08 Jul 2017, 6:38 pm #388
(08 Jul 2017, 5:48 pm)Tom Sorry yeah the Primo

I believe they have the former hunters dart but the decker would appear to have gone some time ago.

Charles
Charles41
08 Jul 2017, 6:38 pm #388

(08 Jul 2017, 5:48 pm)Tom Sorry yeah the Primo

I believe they have the former hunters dart but the decker would appear to have gone some time ago.

Charles

Tom

08 Jul 2017, 8:27 pm #389
(08 Jul 2017, 6:38 pm)Charles41 I believe they have the former hunters dart but the decker would appear to have gone some time ago.

Charles

I wonder why they even got the decker thought it seemed odd at the time.
Tom
08 Jul 2017, 8:27 pm #389

(08 Jul 2017, 6:38 pm)Charles41 I believe they have the former hunters dart but the decker would appear to have gone some time ago.

Charles

I wonder why they even got the decker thought it seemed odd at the time.

Tom

11 Jul 2017, 5:14 pm #390
PCL are running the Wooler services from September (470/473) but I can't remember who is doing the buses from Berwick even though I looked at the poster twice!
Edited 11 Jul 2017, 5:18 pm by Tom.
Tom
11 Jul 2017, 5:14 pm #390

PCL are running the Wooler services from September (470/473) but I can't remember who is doing the buses from Berwick even though I looked at the poster twice!

11 Jul 2017, 5:55 pm #391
(11 Jul 2017, 5:14 pm)Tom PCL are running the Wooler services from September (470/473) but I can't remember who is doing the buses from Berwick even though I looked at the poster twice!

Border's Buses

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
11 Jul 2017, 5:55 pm #391

(11 Jul 2017, 5:14 pm)Tom PCL are running the Wooler services from September (470/473) but I can't remember who is doing the buses from Berwick even though I looked at the poster twice!

Border's Buses

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Tom

11 Jul 2017, 5:56 pm #392
(11 Jul 2017, 5:55 pm)South Tyne Lad Border's Buses

Ah ok thank you - hopefully PCL put something decent on their services, I'm pretty sure Borders Buses will anyway.

Shame for Glen Valley though - they have had the services for ages!
Tom
11 Jul 2017, 5:56 pm #392

(11 Jul 2017, 5:55 pm)South Tyne Lad Border's Buses

Ah ok thank you - hopefully PCL put something decent on their services, I'm pretty sure Borders Buses will anyway.

12 Jul 2017, 1:27 am #393
(11 Jul 2017, 5:56 pm)Tom Ah ok thank you - hopefully PCL put something decent on their services, I'm pretty sure Borders Buses will anyway.

Which service is BB running the 267 or 464?

Check out my Flickr - www.flickr.com/cobalt512
Cobalt271
12 Jul 2017, 1:27 am #393

(11 Jul 2017, 5:56 pm)Tom Ah ok thank you - hopefully PCL put something decent on their services, I'm pretty sure Borders Buses will anyway.

Which service is BB running the 267 or 464?

Jimmi

12 Jul 2017, 3:50 am #394
(12 Jul 2017, 1:27 am)Cobalt271 Which service is BB running the 267 or 464?

Both
Edited 12 Jul 2017, 3:52 am by Jimmi.
Jimmi
12 Jul 2017, 3:50 am #394

(12 Jul 2017, 1:27 am)Cobalt271 Which service is BB running the 267 or 464?

Both

12 Jul 2017, 10:24 am #395
(12 Jul 2017, 3:50 am)Jimmi Both

Interesting, I think that will leave them short of Buses now. Perhaps they shouldn't have shifted some of their vehicles over the Border.

Cobalt271
12 Jul 2017, 10:24 am #395

(12 Jul 2017, 3:50 am)Jimmi Both

Interesting, I think that will leave them short of Buses now. Perhaps they shouldn't have shifted some of their vehicles over the Border.

tyresmoke

12 Jul 2017, 10:41 am #396
Meanwhile PCL are building a decent little operation, albeit spread over a wide area... just hope they're not expanding too quickly

tyresmoke
12 Jul 2017, 10:41 am #396

Meanwhile PCL are building a decent little operation, albeit spread over a wide area... just hope they're not expanding too quickly

Andreos1

12 Jul 2017, 11:13 am #397
(12 Jul 2017, 10:41 am)tyresmoke Meanwhile PCL are building a decent little operation, albeit spread over a wide area... just hope they're not expanding too quickly

There was a discussion not too long ago about the business model versus Spirits.

Two totally different models, with PCL seemingly buying older vehicles rather than renting newer.

From the outside in, it seems to be working.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
12 Jul 2017, 11:13 am #397

(12 Jul 2017, 10:41 am)tyresmoke Meanwhile PCL are building a decent little operation, albeit spread over a wide area... just hope they're not expanding too quickly

There was a discussion not too long ago about the business model versus Spirits.

Two totally different models, with PCL seemingly buying older vehicles rather than renting newer.

Charles41

12 Jul 2017, 12:27 pm #398
(12 Jul 2017, 11:13 am)Andreos1 There was a discussion not too long ago about the business model versus Spirits.

Logistically speaking it would probably serve PCL well to open an outstation in the Alnwick area. If they currently have one vehicle tied up on the old Spirit service, then they'll probably need another two for the Wooler run.

I think PCL are now Northumberland County Council's largest contractor for subsidised bus services.

Charles
Charles41
12 Jul 2017, 12:27 pm #398

(12 Jul 2017, 11:13 am)Andreos1 There was a discussion not too long ago about the business model versus Spirits.

Logistically speaking it would probably serve PCL well to open an outstation in the Alnwick area. If they currently have one vehicle tied up on the old Spirit service, then they'll probably need another two for the Wooler run.

I think PCL are now Northumberland County Council's largest contractor for subsidised bus services.

Charles

Andreos1

12 Jul 2017, 1:17 pm #399
(12 Jul 2017, 12:27 pm)Charles41 Logistically speaking it would probably serve PCL well to open an outstation in the Alnwick area. If they currently have one vehicle tied up on the old Spirit service, then they'll probably need another two for the Wooler run.

Charles

I agree. It would eat massively in to their profits, but at some point they're going to have to stop with the parking buses overnight in a layby.

Just following on from the post above replying to Scott, I started to compare the Stagecarriage model to the PCL one.
Quite interesting to compare, particularly when you throw in the vastly different Spirit model.

Andreos1
12 Jul 2017, 1:17 pm #399

(12 Jul 2017, 12:27 pm)Charles41 Logistically speaking it would probably serve PCL well to open an outstation in the Alnwick area. If they currently have one vehicle tied up on the old Spirit service, then they'll probably need another two for the Wooler run.

Charles

I agree. It would eat massively in to their profits, but at some point they're going to have to stop with the parking buses overnight in a layby.

Just following on from the post above replying to Scott, I started to compare the Stagecarriage model to the PCL one.
Quite interesting to compare, particularly when you throw in the vastly different Spirit model.

jimmoc

12 Jul 2017, 2:45 pm #400
What sort of ticket machines dose Pcl use
jimmoc
12 Jul 2017, 2:45 pm #400

What sort of ticket machines dose Pcl use

Pages (43): Previous 119 20 2143 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average