Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017

Stagecoach North East: Latest News & Discussion - November 2017

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (5): Previous 13 4 5 Next
AIG20

22 Nov 2017, 5:46 pm #61
There is a video on YouTube of one of the unbranded South Shields Enviro 300s being towed back to the depot yesterday - with the rear of the vehicle attached to the tow truck.

There are quite a few sounding quite rough/worn-out.
Edited 22 Nov 2017, 5:47 pm by AIG20.
AIG20
22 Nov 2017, 5:46 pm #61

There is a video on YouTube of one of the unbranded South Shields Enviro 300s being towed back to the depot yesterday - with the rear of the vehicle attached to the tow truck.

There are quite a few sounding quite rough/worn-out.

Adrian

22 Nov 2017, 8:25 pm #62
We're looking to change the way this forum is setup! Have your say in the following thread: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=2047

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
22 Nov 2017, 8:25 pm #62

We're looking to change the way this forum is setup! Have your say in the following thread: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=2047

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Nov 2017, 6:01 am #63
ADL Enviro200 36975 has received an allover rear advertisement for the Bradley Lowery campaign.

[Image: 37696201595_75fb639b58.jpg]Stagecoach North East 36975 New Advert by kian nesworthy, on Flickr
Dan
24 Nov 2017, 6:01 am #63

ADL Enviro200 36975 has received an allover rear advertisement for the Bradley Lowery campaign.

[Image: 37696201595_75fb639b58.jpg]Stagecoach North East 36975 New Advert by kian nesworthy, on Flickr

busmanT

26 Nov 2017, 1:43 pm #64
(04 Nov 2017, 8:28 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thanks for the information. Any idea why the 100 isn't an X as it technically is an express service?

I have found some old pictures of the Busways 100. Seems odd it has such a big number for such an early service.

The 100 must have started when the Metrocentre (then MetroCentre) opened.

MetroCentre opened in October 1986, the 100 started in February 1987

100 MetroCentre Shuttle
Since the creation of Busways coincided with the opening of the MetroCentre shopping mall in Gateshead, this saw the creation and subsequent continuous operation of one of the few south of the River Tyne services of the Newcastle division, the 100 MetroCentre Shuttle which commenced in February 1987, initially using Reeve Burgess minibuses and ex-London Country Bristol LHS buses.
 In 1989 these were replaced with Scania N113CRB Alexander PS buses.
100 Shuttle was operated in a dedicated livery of the newest delivered single deck vehicles. The livery has undergone several iterations, and now exists as a rather subdued route-branded version of the standard Stagecoach livery, albeit still operated by unique new Enviro300 single-deckers.
busmanT
26 Nov 2017, 1:43 pm #64

(04 Nov 2017, 8:28 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thanks for the information. Any idea why the 100 isn't an X as it technically is an express service?

I have found some old pictures of the Busways 100. Seems odd it has such a big number for such an early service.

The 100 must have started when the Metrocentre (then MetroCentre) opened.

MetroCentre opened in October 1986, the 100 started in February 1987

100 MetroCentre Shuttle
Since the creation of Busways coincided with the opening of the MetroCentre shopping mall in Gateshead, this saw the creation and subsequent continuous operation of one of the few south of the River Tyne services of the Newcastle division, the 100 MetroCentre Shuttle which commenced in February 1987, initially using Reeve Burgess minibuses and ex-London Country Bristol LHS buses.
 In 1989 these were replaced with Scania N113CRB Alexander PS buses.
100 Shuttle was operated in a dedicated livery of the newest delivered single deck vehicles. The livery has undergone several iterations, and now exists as a rather subdued route-branded version of the standard Stagecoach livery, albeit still operated by unique new Enviro300 single-deckers.

26 Nov 2017, 7:11 pm #65
Anyone know what happened to Stagecoach 7 to Metrocentre on Friday? It was a no show and so I lost my job.
OrangeArrow49
26 Nov 2017, 7:11 pm #65

Anyone know what happened to Stagecoach 7 to Metrocentre on Friday? It was a no show and so I lost my job.

idiot

26 Nov 2017, 9:57 pm #66
Ring them. Get them to put it writing and give it to your employer
idiot
26 Nov 2017, 9:57 pm #66

Ring them. Get them to put it writing and give it to your employer

26 Nov 2017, 10:18 pm #67
(26 Nov 2017, 9:57 pm)idiot Ring them. Get them to put it writing and give it to your employer

Unfortunately I can't get my job back. I am interested to find out what happened to my bus though.

I have emailed Stagecoach.
OrangeArrow49
26 Nov 2017, 10:18 pm #67

(26 Nov 2017, 9:57 pm)idiot Ring them. Get them to put it writing and give it to your employer

Unfortunately I can't get my job back. I am interested to find out what happened to my bus though.

I have emailed Stagecoach.

idiot

26 Nov 2017, 10:29 pm #68
Worth a try surely?
idiot
26 Nov 2017, 10:29 pm #68

Worth a try surely?

27 Nov 2017, 1:20 am #69
(26 Nov 2017, 10:29 pm)idiot Worth a try surely?

I had to quit my job as the bus was regularly unreliable.   

But for the future, would Stagecoach help me keep my job if the bus was an issue?

On Friday, I think Black Friday might have been the reason the bus didn't turn up. But hopefully Stagecoach will reply and give the answer I am looking for.
OrangeArrow49
27 Nov 2017, 1:20 am #69

(26 Nov 2017, 10:29 pm)idiot Worth a try surely?

I had to quit my job as the bus was regularly unreliable.   

But for the future, would Stagecoach help me keep my job if the bus was an issue?

On Friday, I think Black Friday might have been the reason the bus didn't turn up. But hopefully Stagecoach will reply and give the answer I am looking for.

cbma06

27 Nov 2017, 6:42 am #70
(27 Nov 2017, 1:20 am)OrangeArrow49 I had to quit my job as the bus was regularly unreliable.   

Hang on here, u saying that you lost the job because the bus was a no show , which means the employer sacked you because you were late or something and now you saying that you had to quit your job because the bus didn't turn up???, there's 2 different reasons here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
27 Nov 2017, 6:42 am #70

(27 Nov 2017, 1:20 am)OrangeArrow49 I had to quit my job as the bus was regularly unreliable.   

Hang on here, u saying that you lost the job because the bus was a no show , which means the employer sacked you because you were late or something and now you saying that you had to quit your job because the bus didn't turn up???, there's 2 different reasons here.

27 Nov 2017, 4:46 pm #71
(27 Nov 2017, 6:42 am)cbma06 Hang on here, u saying that you lost the job because the bus was a no show , which means the employer sacked you because you were late or something and now you saying that you had to quit your job because the bus didn't turn up???, there's 2 different reasons here.

I had to resign because the bus was unreliable on a regular basis, and at this time of year weather and traffic will be an issue. I was suffering in the cold waiting for the bus, on the off chance it would leave early, which it did on occasions.

On Friday the 7 was a no show, this would have been my third late if the bus ever turned up. I would be disciplined for three lates, despite all being due to the bus, I was always waiting at the stop well in advance, and I ultimately would have been sacked due to repeated lateness and even absence if the bus never turned up at all.  I decided the job was unsuitable going forward, as the bus was getting worse, not better.

Would Stagecoach contacting my employer make any difference in future?

I am waiting to hear further from Stagecoach with regards to where the bus was and when it departed my stop on Friday. 

I lost my job due to the bus, but I quit before getting sacked. That is the situation.
OrangeArrow49
27 Nov 2017, 4:46 pm #71

(27 Nov 2017, 6:42 am)cbma06 Hang on here, u saying that you lost the job because the bus was a no show , which means the employer sacked you because you were late or something and now you saying that you had to quit your job because the bus didn't turn up???, there's 2 different reasons here.

I had to resign because the bus was unreliable on a regular basis, and at this time of year weather and traffic will be an issue. I was suffering in the cold waiting for the bus, on the off chance it would leave early, which it did on occasions.

On Friday the 7 was a no show, this would have been my third late if the bus ever turned up. I would be disciplined for three lates, despite all being due to the bus, I was always waiting at the stop well in advance, and I ultimately would have been sacked due to repeated lateness and even absence if the bus never turned up at all.  I decided the job was unsuitable going forward, as the bus was getting worse, not better.

Would Stagecoach contacting my employer make any difference in future?

I am waiting to hear further from Stagecoach with regards to where the bus was and when it departed my stop on Friday. 

I lost my job due to the bus, but I quit before getting sacked. That is the situation.

Michael

27 Nov 2017, 9:01 pm #72
Christmas service info...

Sunderland: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:11:42:874

South Shields: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:24:35:490

Newcastle: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:39:42:593

Stockton: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/service-up...:21:18:192
Edited 27 Nov 2017, 11:26 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
28 Nov 2017, 6:57 pm #73
I heard back from Stagecoach today. The 7 to Metrocentre did turn up 14 minutes late and got to Metrocentre 20 minutes late. I would've only been a little bit late for work, but it was a problem too regularly unfortunately. Traffic congestion and road works have caused significant delays on the route and throw bad weather into the mix, I would be late almost daily. The second problem was the cold weather and waiting a long time for the bus in ever decreasing temperatures.

Now the job is gone I don't have to wait in the cold for the number 7 bus anymore, which is a relief.

Too many things put buses off timetable, and I think in the future this will only get worse unfortunately, for all bus service from all of the operators. I think we have to not rely on the bus too much.
OrangeArrow49
28 Nov 2017, 6:57 pm #73

I heard back from Stagecoach today. The 7 to Metrocentre did turn up 14 minutes late and got to Metrocentre 20 minutes late. I would've only been a little bit late for work, but it was a problem too regularly unfortunately. Traffic congestion and road works have caused significant delays on the route and throw bad weather into the mix, I would be late almost daily. The second problem was the cold weather and waiting a long time for the bus in ever decreasing temperatures.

Now the job is gone I don't have to wait in the cold for the number 7 bus anymore, which is a relief.

Too many things put buses off timetable, and I think in the future this will only get worse unfortunately, for all bus service from all of the operators. I think we have to not rely on the bus too much.

LVK 404L

28 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm #74
(28 Nov 2017, 6:57 pm)OrangeArrow49 I heard back from Stagecoach today. The 7 to Metrocentre did turn up 14 minutes late and got to Metrocentre 20 minutes late. I would've only been a little bit late for work, but it was a problem too regularly unfortunately.  Traffic congestion and road works have caused significant delays on the route and throw bad weather into the mix, I would be late almost daily. The second problem was the cold weather and waiting a long time for the bus in ever decreasing temperatures.

Not rely on the bus too much. That's a bit hard when you don't drive and have no other choice..

I'm sorry I'm a manager for a store in the Metrocentre and I travel by public transport to and from work. On a good day it can take me 45 mina to an hour on a bad day its been noted to me over 2 hours.

if you had been my member of staff my suggestion would have been to get the bus before the one you were risking. Yes it seems harsh and why should you. But if some people need the job they will do this if ita cold and the bus is late yes its annoying but that is life at the end of the day. Bus have run late for years it will not change its they way things go. .
LVK 404L
28 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm #74

(28 Nov 2017, 6:57 pm)OrangeArrow49 I heard back from Stagecoach today. The 7 to Metrocentre did turn up 14 minutes late and got to Metrocentre 20 minutes late. I would've only been a little bit late for work, but it was a problem too regularly unfortunately.  Traffic congestion and road works have caused significant delays on the route and throw bad weather into the mix, I would be late almost daily. The second problem was the cold weather and waiting a long time for the bus in ever decreasing temperatures.

Not rely on the bus too much. That's a bit hard when you don't drive and have no other choice..

I'm sorry I'm a manager for a store in the Metrocentre and I travel by public transport to and from work. On a good day it can take me 45 mina to an hour on a bad day its been noted to me over 2 hours.

if you had been my member of staff my suggestion would have been to get the bus before the one you were risking. Yes it seems harsh and why should you. But if some people need the job they will do this if ita cold and the bus is late yes its annoying but that is life at the end of the day. Bus have run late for years it will not change its they way things go. .

28 Nov 2017, 8:01 pm #75
(28 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm)ifm001 Not rely on the bus too much. That's a bit hard when you don't drive and have no other choice..

Trust me, I know. That has always been my exact situation.

Don't feel like giving me a job, do you? I enjoyed working in the Metrocentre. I was usually on time, it would usually take 40-50 minutes or so to get to work and usually around 30 minutes to get back. 
Yes, I had considered getting the previous bus, that was even less reliable and would often involve waiting even longer in the cold. Admittedly, I would've been on time, and on some occasions very early. I didn't think of it as 'why should I?', but more I don't get paid to do that and the bus operators should make some effort to either stick to a reasonable timetable, or provide more information etc. 

I seriously thought it was a health risk waiting so long in the cold when the bus was late, not ideal conditions when the bus is on time or even when its early. Buses certainly have run late for years, and that can't be helped. The cold weather lost me the job rather than public transport issues. Disappointing, I was good at my job and I enjoyed it, but didn't like waiting in the cold or arriving late.  

Thank you for your reply. I think alternatives will be needed in the future is all I meant as in my opinion buses will get less and less reliable in years to come.   

Hopefully I will get another job soon, and hopefully the buses won't let me down! I am very employable.
OrangeArrow49
28 Nov 2017, 8:01 pm #75

(28 Nov 2017, 7:20 pm)ifm001 Not rely on the bus too much. That's a bit hard when you don't drive and have no other choice..

Trust me, I know. That has always been my exact situation.

Don't feel like giving me a job, do you? I enjoyed working in the Metrocentre. I was usually on time, it would usually take 40-50 minutes or so to get to work and usually around 30 minutes to get back. 
Yes, I had considered getting the previous bus, that was even less reliable and would often involve waiting even longer in the cold. Admittedly, I would've been on time, and on some occasions very early. I didn't think of it as 'why should I?', but more I don't get paid to do that and the bus operators should make some effort to either stick to a reasonable timetable, or provide more information etc. 

I seriously thought it was a health risk waiting so long in the cold when the bus was late, not ideal conditions when the bus is on time or even when its early. Buses certainly have run late for years, and that can't be helped. The cold weather lost me the job rather than public transport issues. Disappointing, I was good at my job and I enjoyed it, but didn't like waiting in the cold or arriving late.  

Thank you for your reply. I think alternatives will be needed in the future is all I meant as in my opinion buses will get less and less reliable in years to come.   

Hopefully I will get another job soon, and hopefully the buses won't let me down! I am very employable.

LVK 404L

28 Nov 2017, 8:07 pm #76
(28 Nov 2017, 8:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 Trust me, I know. That has always been my exact situation.

well I admire your honesty. I will be recruiting after the New Year, probably March. If your still looking for work watch this space. Its not at the Metrocentre and is only seasonal during the May to October but "every little helps".
LVK 404L
28 Nov 2017, 8:07 pm #76

(28 Nov 2017, 8:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 Trust me, I know. That has always been my exact situation.

well I admire your honesty. I will be recruiting after the New Year, probably March. If your still looking for work watch this space. Its not at the Metrocentre and is only seasonal during the May to October but "every little helps".

28 Nov 2017, 8:20 pm #77
(28 Nov 2017, 8:07 pm)ifm001 well I admire your honesty. I will be recruiting after the New Year, probably March. If your still looking for work watch this space. Its not at the Metrocentre and is only seasonal during the May to October but "every little helps".

I would really appreciate the opportunity. Seasonal is good, and I certainly agree every little helps. What is the job you will be recruiting for? Where is the job? Thanks.

I am reliable and punctual, I just struggle with occasional bus issues.
OrangeArrow49
28 Nov 2017, 8:20 pm #77

(28 Nov 2017, 8:07 pm)ifm001 well I admire your honesty. I will be recruiting after the New Year, probably March. If your still looking for work watch this space. Its not at the Metrocentre and is only seasonal during the May to October but "every little helps".

I would really appreciate the opportunity. Seasonal is good, and I certainly agree every little helps. What is the job you will be recruiting for? Where is the job? Thanks.

LVK 404L

28 Nov 2017, 8:32 pm #78
(28 Nov 2017, 8:20 pm)OrangeArrow49 I would really appreciate the opportunity. Seasonal is good, and I certainly agree every little helps. What is the job you will be recruiting for? Where is the job? Thanks.

ita getting off topic so send me a PM and I can give u some basic info
LVK 404L
28 Nov 2017, 8:32 pm #78

(28 Nov 2017, 8:20 pm)OrangeArrow49 I would really appreciate the opportunity. Seasonal is good, and I certainly agree every little helps. What is the job you will be recruiting for? Where is the job? Thanks.

ita getting off topic so send me a PM and I can give u some basic info

28 Nov 2017, 9:00 pm #79
(28 Nov 2017, 8:32 pm)ifm001 ita getting off topic so send me a PM and I can give u some basic info

I have sent you a PM. Thanks.
OrangeArrow49
28 Nov 2017, 9:00 pm #79

(28 Nov 2017, 8:32 pm)ifm001 ita getting off topic so send me a PM and I can give u some basic info

I have sent you a PM. Thanks.

Andreos1

28 Nov 2017, 9:59 pm #80

Years ago, I relied on a bus on a half hourly frequency to get me to work in a shop.
It took roughly half an hour to do the journey, so I knew if I got the 10.20 bus, I could run the 5mins (used to compete, so was pretty nippy) and still have 5mins to spare before the shift started.

It didn't take much to make the bus late and quite often a doddery old person got in the way just as I got up to full speed.

It annoyed me at the time when the boss told me to get an earlier bus. Not because I was lazy and wanted the extra half hour in bed or in front of the telly, but because if I was late, it was never my fault.
It was the bus drivers fault, the car in fronts fault, the doddery old person who dawdled out in front of me or blocked the entrance to the shop...
If that bus turned up on time, if the car didn't drive so slow, if the doddery old person didn't dawdle, I would still be early.

I suppose the question is, how long do we give ourselves to ensure we aren't late? Get the earlier bus (and wait around as that's late too or has broken down)? The one before then?
Learning to drive and sacking off the bus still hasn't given me the answer - despite me having 20 odd years to come up with one.

It took 15 mins to get back from the office the other night. 2 hours to get there in the morning...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
28 Nov 2017, 9:59 pm #80

Years ago, I relied on a bus on a half hourly frequency to get me to work in a shop.
It took roughly half an hour to do the journey, so I knew if I got the 10.20 bus, I could run the 5mins (used to compete, so was pretty nippy) and still have 5mins to spare before the shift started.

It didn't take much to make the bus late and quite often a doddery old person got in the way just as I got up to full speed.

It annoyed me at the time when the boss told me to get an earlier bus. Not because I was lazy and wanted the extra half hour in bed or in front of the telly, but because if I was late, it was never my fault.
It was the bus drivers fault, the car in fronts fault, the doddery old person who dawdled out in front of me or blocked the entrance to the shop...
If that bus turned up on time, if the car didn't drive so slow, if the doddery old person didn't dawdle, I would still be early.

I suppose the question is, how long do we give ourselves to ensure we aren't late? Get the earlier bus (and wait around as that's late too or has broken down)? The one before then?
Learning to drive and sacking off the bus still hasn't given me the answer - despite me having 20 odd years to come up with one.

It took 15 mins to get back from the office the other night. 2 hours to get there in the morning...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (5): Previous 13 4 5 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average