Bygone Era / Archive Re-launch

Bygone Era / Archive Re-launch

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

29 Nov 2017, 5:55 pm #1
Discovering the Past: An Archive Dedicated to the North East
Explore the North East's history; with timetables, route maps, faretables and other bus memorabilia.

To celebrate reaching 1000 'likes' on our Facebook page, we have re-launched the Bygone Era. We've chosen to give the Bygone Era a new name - simply 'Archive' - in line with its new look.

Previously held as a feature on the forum, this is now a standalone feature (like the news page, photos page and fleet lists). This allows more stability and customisation, as well as allowing opportunities for integration with other site features.

The new feature is available on the link below and the navigation bar at the top of the site has also been updated to include a quick and easy link to it:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/archive/

When you first load up the page, you'll be shown 'Highlights'. This will show a different year every day, with our top ten downloads for that year.

Clicking 'Timeline' shows a calendar, with each photo tile depicting a year. When the year is clicked, all of the content from that year is listed. The categories on the right hand side of the page can be used to filter downloads to your particular interests.

All of the photos contained in our Archive section come from Flickr - with each photo linking back to the original source. If you wish to contribute any photos, please add them to the group in the link below:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/3090938@N20/

Our only condition for photos being added to this group is that the photo MUST have been taken on the date Flickr shows it as being taken on (i.e. you can't scan in an old photo without changing the date taken for it on Flickr, as it would show as being taken in 2017 when the photo may have actually been taken some 20 years ago). If you don't have an exact date for the photo but know the approximate year the photo was taken, you have the option of showing the photo as being taken "some time in xxxx" (where x represents the year). Please don't be offended if we don't accept your photo - we need to have the approval just to make sure that the Archive stays clean, accurate and relevant.

This feature is still very much a 'work in progress', and we're looking to complete all of the work behind the scenes in the coming weeks. Adding the content will take a little longer - a sizeable amount of content for Go North East has now been added, though there's still a fair bit left to add.

Some of the work yet to be completed is:
- the inclusion of a search bar, allowing users to search for a specific download quick and easily
- 'tags' - i.e. all related downloads could be tagged with the same word or phrase, allowing users to track changes over time on a certain service or corridor.
- a new blog-style 'comments' section for each download. Giving a timetable as an example, this will allow users to read up on what changed in that version of the timetable, giving an opportunity to track changes over time.
- further integration with our archive fleet list information, i.e. if a timetable change saw the introduction of a new vehicle allocation, this could be included within the 'comments' section with links provided to the relevant fleet numbers and/or news story.

Appreciate any feedback at this early stage, and if you have any ideas for future development, please just drop us a note in this thread or PM me, and we'll see if it's possible to include your suggestion.
Dan
29 Nov 2017, 5:55 pm #1

Discovering the Past: An Archive Dedicated to the North East
Explore the North East's history; with timetables, route maps, faretables and other bus memorabilia.

To celebrate reaching 1000 'likes' on our Facebook page, we have re-launched the Bygone Era. We've chosen to give the Bygone Era a new name - simply 'Archive' - in line with its new look.

Previously held as a feature on the forum, this is now a standalone feature (like the news page, photos page and fleet lists). This allows more stability and customisation, as well as allowing opportunities for integration with other site features.

The new feature is available on the link below and the navigation bar at the top of the site has also been updated to include a quick and easy link to it:
http://northeastbuses.co.uk/archive/

When you first load up the page, you'll be shown 'Highlights'. This will show a different year every day, with our top ten downloads for that year.

Clicking 'Timeline' shows a calendar, with each photo tile depicting a year. When the year is clicked, all of the content from that year is listed. The categories on the right hand side of the page can be used to filter downloads to your particular interests.

All of the photos contained in our Archive section come from Flickr - with each photo linking back to the original source. If you wish to contribute any photos, please add them to the group in the link below:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/3090938@N20/

Our only condition for photos being added to this group is that the photo MUST have been taken on the date Flickr shows it as being taken on (i.e. you can't scan in an old photo without changing the date taken for it on Flickr, as it would show as being taken in 2017 when the photo may have actually been taken some 20 years ago). If you don't have an exact date for the photo but know the approximate year the photo was taken, you have the option of showing the photo as being taken "some time in xxxx" (where x represents the year). Please don't be offended if we don't accept your photo - we need to have the approval just to make sure that the Archive stays clean, accurate and relevant.

This feature is still very much a 'work in progress', and we're looking to complete all of the work behind the scenes in the coming weeks. Adding the content will take a little longer - a sizeable amount of content for Go North East has now been added, though there's still a fair bit left to add.

Some of the work yet to be completed is:
- the inclusion of a search bar, allowing users to search for a specific download quick and easily
- 'tags' - i.e. all related downloads could be tagged with the same word or phrase, allowing users to track changes over time on a certain service or corridor.
- a new blog-style 'comments' section for each download. Giving a timetable as an example, this will allow users to read up on what changed in that version of the timetable, giving an opportunity to track changes over time.
- further integration with our archive fleet list information, i.e. if a timetable change saw the introduction of a new vehicle allocation, this could be included within the 'comments' section with links provided to the relevant fleet numbers and/or news story.

Appreciate any feedback at this early stage, and if you have any ideas for future development, please just drop us a note in this thread or PM me, and we'll see if it's possible to include your suggestion.

Andreos1

29 Nov 2017, 6:09 pm #2
I love the timeline feature, although once in it I struggled to find my way around. 
Didn't think it was too easy on the eye.

I also liked the images in each 'year'. Although, I'm not ao sure it is too accurate (I assume the photo is meant to represent that year - particularly the Big Orange National that I am pretty sure had been repainted well before 1991).
Is there any chance the photos could appear within the thread, as links or even as a header?

As an example, really keen to look at the 1984 photo at Gateshead Interchange, so thought by clicking on it, the photo would appear somewhere in the thread.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
29 Nov 2017, 6:09 pm #2

I love the timeline feature, although once in it I struggled to find my way around. 

I also liked the images in each 'year'. Although, I'm not ao sure it is too accurate (I assume the photo is meant to represent that year - particularly the Big Orange National that I am pretty sure had been repainted well before 1991).
Is there any chance the photos could appear within the thread, as links or even as a header?

As an example, really keen to look at the 1984 photo at Gateshead Interchange, so thought by clicking on it, the photo would appear somewhere in the thread.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Nov 2017, 6:26 pm #3
(29 Nov 2017, 6:09 pm)Andreos1 I love the timeline feature, although once in it I struggled to find my way around. 

To ensure better accuracy, we've got an 'admin approval' stage on the Flickr group. This has to be approved by a moderator (either myself, Adrian or Scott) before it is added to the group publicly.

You can have a look at that 1984 photo by clicking it and loading the 1984 page - if you click it on that page, you'll be re-directed to Flickr.

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/archive/inde...eYear=1984
Dan
29 Nov 2017, 6:26 pm #3

(29 Nov 2017, 6:09 pm)Andreos1 I love the timeline feature, although once in it I struggled to find my way around. 

To ensure better accuracy, we've got an 'admin approval' stage on the Flickr group. This has to be approved by a moderator (either myself, Adrian or Scott) before it is added to the group publicly.

You can have a look at that 1984 photo by clicking it and loading the 1984 page - if you click it on that page, you'll be re-directed to Flickr.

Andreos1

29 Nov 2017, 6:41 pm #4
(29 Nov 2017, 6:26 pm)Dan To ensure better accuracy, we've got an 'admin approval' stage on the Flickr group. This has to be approved by a moderator (either myself, Adrian or Scott) before it is added to the group publicly.

Got it.

Turns out it was Durham, not Gateshead.

Added a few screenshots just to show that the flickr image/link isn't too obvious.

Even more convinced the Big Orange is prior to 1991 after clicking the link.
Haven't checked timetables to see when the 64 stopped running via Gateshead, but I am sure those ticket machines (Setright?) had gone by then. 
Someone else may be able to double check/confirm.
Attached Files
.png
wp_ss_20171129_0001.png
Size: 177.11 KB / Downloads: 9
.png
wp_ss_20171129_0002.png
Size: 197.3 KB / Downloads: 9

Andreos1
29 Nov 2017, 6:41 pm #4

(29 Nov 2017, 6:26 pm)Dan To ensure better accuracy, we've got an 'admin approval' stage on the Flickr group. This has to be approved by a moderator (either myself, Adrian or Scott) before it is added to the group publicly.

Got it.

Turns out it was Durham, not Gateshead.

Added a few screenshots just to show that the flickr image/link isn't too obvious.

Even more convinced the Big Orange is prior to 1991 after clicking the link.
Haven't checked timetables to see when the 64 stopped running via Gateshead, but I am sure those ticket machines (Setright?) had gone by then. 
Someone else may be able to double check/confirm.

Attached Files
.png
wp_ss_20171129_0001.png
Size: 177.11 KB / Downloads: 9
.png
wp_ss_20171129_0002.png
Size: 197.3 KB / Downloads: 9

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Nov 2017, 6:51 pm #5
(29 Nov 2017, 6:41 pm)Andreos1 Added a few screenshots just to show that the flickr image/link isn't too obvious.

Hadn't appreciated you were viewing on mobile, sorry.

We've yet to complete the mobile-optimised version of the archive, too. Hopefully that'll be a bit easier to use going forward.
Dan
29 Nov 2017, 6:51 pm #5

(29 Nov 2017, 6:41 pm)Andreos1 Added a few screenshots just to show that the flickr image/link isn't too obvious.

Hadn't appreciated you were viewing on mobile, sorry.

We've yet to complete the mobile-optimised version of the archive, too. Hopefully that'll be a bit easier to use going forward.

S813 FVK

29 Nov 2017, 7:04 pm #6
Will there be a point at which users will be able to upload their own content? I have a few running boards and faretables for Stanley depot dating around 2005/6, if that's the sort of thing you are looking for.
S813 FVK
29 Nov 2017, 7:04 pm #6

Will there be a point at which users will be able to upload their own content? I have a few running boards and faretables for Stanley depot dating around 2005/6, if that's the sort of thing you are looking for.

Dan

Site Administrator

29 Nov 2017, 7:09 pm #7
(29 Nov 2017, 7:04 pm)S813 FVK Will there be a point at which users will be able to upload their own content? I have a few running boards and faretables for Stanley depot dating around 2005/6, if that's the sort of thing you are looking for.

Yes, that's another thing already being developed. Don't think that one is too far off. Like the news section and the Flickr photo group, any user-submitted content will have to be approved first.

More content the better! cbma06 has contributed a shedload of the content that will be drip-fed onto the new portal, so I'm sure he'll appreciate seeing other content too.
Dan
29 Nov 2017, 7:09 pm #7

(29 Nov 2017, 7:04 pm)S813 FVK Will there be a point at which users will be able to upload their own content? I have a few running boards and faretables for Stanley depot dating around 2005/6, if that's the sort of thing you are looking for.

Yes, that's another thing already being developed. Don't think that one is too far off. Like the news section and the Flickr photo group, any user-submitted content will have to be approved first.

More content the better! cbma06 has contributed a shedload of the content that will be drip-fed onto the new portal, so I'm sure he'll appreciate seeing other content too.

29 Nov 2017, 7:11 pm #8
(29 Nov 2017, 7:09 pm)Dan Yes, that's another thing already being developed. Don't think that one is too far off. Like the news section and the Flickr photo group, any user-submitted content will have to be approved first.

Great to hear. I'm currently in the process of scanning timetables and promotional material, so I'll happily contribute to the brilliant feature.
omnicity4659
29 Nov 2017, 7:11 pm #8

(29 Nov 2017, 7:09 pm)Dan Yes, that's another thing already being developed. Don't think that one is too far off. Like the news section and the Flickr photo group, any user-submitted content will have to be approved first.

Great to hear. I'm currently in the process of scanning timetables and promotional material, so I'll happily contribute to the brilliant feature.

Adrian

29 Nov 2017, 7:15 pm #9
The big orange national is my fault. These are slide a I've bought with absolutely no information, so they've been dated as approximate as possible.

Im happy to amend on request if someone can support their requested change.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
29 Nov 2017, 7:15 pm #9

The big orange national is my fault. These are slide a I've bought with absolutely no information, so they've been dated as approximate as possible.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Andreos1

29 Nov 2017, 7:21 pm #10
(29 Nov 2017, 7:15 pm)Adrian The big orange national is my fault. These are slide a I've bought with absolutely no information, so they've been dated as approximate as possible.

Just realised it was your photo.

Mid/late 80's is as close as I will get.
It won't be hard to narrow it down using the reg/vehicle id and other photos online.

Pretty sure that vehicle ended up in SuperShuttle colours, so will guess at 87/88. 
I think that's the period when Gateshead Interchange had a big re-jig of its stands.

Andreos1
29 Nov 2017, 7:21 pm #10

(29 Nov 2017, 7:15 pm)Adrian The big orange national is my fault. These are slide a I've bought with absolutely no information, so they've been dated as approximate as possible.

Just realised it was your photo.

It won't be hard to narrow it down using the reg/vehicle id and other photos online.

Pretty sure that vehicle ended up in SuperShuttle colours, so will guess at 87/88. 
I think that's the period when Gateshead Interchange had a big re-jig of its stands.

citaro5284

29 Nov 2017, 7:25 pm #11
(29 Nov 2017, 7:21 pm)Andreos1 Just realised it was your photo.

I have a book called Northern and its subsidiaries published many years ago and it mentions 1987 to run in competition with Easyway Bus Services
citaro5284
29 Nov 2017, 7:25 pm #11

(29 Nov 2017, 7:21 pm)Andreos1 Just realised it was your photo.

I have a book called Northern and its subsidiaries published many years ago and it mentions 1987 to run in competition with Easyway Bus Services

Andreos1

29 Nov 2017, 7:31 pm #12
(29 Nov 2017, 7:25 pm)citaro5284 I have a book called Northern and its subsidiaries published many years ago and it mentions 1987 to run in competition with Easyway Bus Services

I was just thinking of those the other day. Sure there was discussion on them a few years back in the forum.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24759744@N02/3668527635/

Found this, which says approx March 88. So it's around that era.
Just need to find a photo from later, which confirms a rough date the livery had gone.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nedbasher/.../lightbox/ Gone by New Years Eve 1990. It doesn't look like it did end up in Supershuttle livery after all.

Edit: Just realised the 1984 picture is wrong too. At least two years out. The giveaway was the 'Go ahead' branding.
Edited 29 Nov 2017, 7:42 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
29 Nov 2017, 7:31 pm #12

(29 Nov 2017, 7:25 pm)citaro5284 I have a book called Northern and its subsidiaries published many years ago and it mentions 1987 to run in competition with Easyway Bus Services

I was just thinking of those the other day. Sure there was discussion on them a few years back in the forum.

Just need to find a photo from later, which confirms a rough date the livery had gone.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/nedbasher/.../lightbox/ Gone by New Years Eve 1990. It doesn't look like it did end up in Supershuttle livery after all.

Edit: Just realised the 1984 picture is wrong too. At least two years out. The giveaway was the 'Go ahead' branding.

James101

29 Nov 2017, 7:48 pm #13
Wow! Fantastic work so far, can't wait for more content to be added. Hopefully it will be a huge stimulus for discussion - perhaps a new thread needed for appropriate discussion? That's me getting no work done tonight - indeed I'm already in trouble for being late to pick my parter up from work after I went to have a 'quick browse' earlier!!
James101
29 Nov 2017, 7:48 pm #13

Wow! Fantastic work so far, can't wait for more content to be added. Hopefully it will be a huge stimulus for discussion - perhaps a new thread needed for appropriate discussion? That's me getting no work done tonight - indeed I'm already in trouble for being late to pick my parter up from work after I went to have a 'quick browse' earlier!!

Charles41

29 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm #14
(29 Nov 2017, 7:31 pm)Andreos1 I was just thinking of those the other day. Sure there was discussion on them a few years back in the forum.

It was around 1988 easyway used to be based on the waggonway industrial estate in Hebburn. They used nationals on the service. The metro centre bus station was still under construction so buses used to pick up at the car park outside marks and spencer. Big orange was used as a brand by Northern to counteract competition. At the time in Gateshead we had OK, derwent coaches, shaws, low fell coaches and north eastern all competing against northern. I think aline were also around at the time as well if my memory serves me right.

Charles
Charles41
29 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm #14

(29 Nov 2017, 7:31 pm)Andreos1 I was just thinking of those the other day. Sure there was discussion on them a few years back in the forum.

It was around 1988 easyway used to be based on the waggonway industrial estate in Hebburn. They used nationals on the service. The metro centre bus station was still under construction so buses used to pick up at the car park outside marks and spencer. Big orange was used as a brand by Northern to counteract competition. At the time in Gateshead we had OK, derwent coaches, shaws, low fell coaches and north eastern all competing against northern. I think aline were also around at the time as well if my memory serves me right.

Charles

Andreos1

29 Nov 2017, 9:10 pm #15
(29 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm)Charles41 It was around 1988 easyway used to be based on the waggonway industrial estate in Hebburn. They used nationals on the service. The metro centre bus station was still under construction so buses used to pick up at the car park outside marks and spencer. Big orange was used as a brand by Northern to counteract competition. At the time in Gateshead we had OK, derwent coaches, shaws, low fell coaches and north eastern all competing against northern. I think aline were also around at the time as well if my memory serves me right.

Charles

My memories of North Eastern or Easyway (can't remember which), were based on boarding just off Southend Road, and that the vehicles were filthy inside.
Sure the route went down Church Road, Kells Lane, Dryden Road etc.

A-Line were about. It will have been around that period they had what is now the 23. Can't remember if it was number the 23 then.
I think they had a depot over St Helen Auckland way. If not, there were vehicles parked up in a depot, wearing their 'livery'.

Edit: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...6&page=127 There's talk of Easyway, North Eastern and Big Orange in this thread and the preceding few pages.

I'm sure there's more discussion elsewhere on the forum.
Edited 29 Nov 2017, 9:37 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
29 Nov 2017, 9:10 pm #15

(29 Nov 2017, 8:48 pm)Charles41 It was around 1988 easyway used to be based on the waggonway industrial estate in Hebburn. They used nationals on the service. The metro centre bus station was still under construction so buses used to pick up at the car park outside marks and spencer. Big orange was used as a brand by Northern to counteract competition. At the time in Gateshead we had OK, derwent coaches, shaws, low fell coaches and north eastern all competing against northern. I think aline were also around at the time as well if my memory serves me right.

Charles

My memories of North Eastern or Easyway (can't remember which), were based on boarding just off Southend Road, and that the vehicles were filthy inside.

A-Line were about. It will have been around that period they had what is now the 23. Can't remember if it was number the 23 then.
I think they had a depot over St Helen Auckland way. If not, there were vehicles parked up in a depot, wearing their 'livery'.

Edit: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...6&page=127 There's talk of Easyway, North Eastern and Big Orange in this thread and the preceding few pages.

I'm sure there's more discussion elsewhere on the forum.

MurdnunoC

29 Nov 2017, 11:00 pm #16
(29 Nov 2017, 9:10 pm)Andreos1 My memories of North Eastern or Easyway (can't remember which), were based on boarding just off Southend Road, and that the vehicles were filthy inside.

The 92 is the route you're thinking of and it was indeed operated by North Eastern Bus Services. Before deregulation, the route was operated by Go North East as the 92 since about 1981/82, before that, I think it was assigned the 26 route number.

My only real recollection of Easyway is that they operated the 60/61 between Gateshead and the Metrocentre. They may have continued to Felling Square but I'm not a 100% sure. They also bore an all-white livery with orange stripes, IIRC.
MurdnunoC
29 Nov 2017, 11:00 pm #16

(29 Nov 2017, 9:10 pm)Andreos1 My memories of North Eastern or Easyway (can't remember which), were based on boarding just off Southend Road, and that the vehicles were filthy inside.

The 92 is the route you're thinking of and it was indeed operated by North Eastern Bus Services. Before deregulation, the route was operated by Go North East as the 92 since about 1981/82, before that, I think it was assigned the 26 route number.

My only real recollection of Easyway is that they operated the 60/61 between Gateshead and the Metrocentre. They may have continued to Felling Square but I'm not a 100% sure. They also bore an all-white livery with orange stripes, IIRC.

Andreos1

30 Nov 2017, 8:43 am #17
(29 Nov 2017, 11:00 pm)MurdnunoC The 92 is the route you're thinking of and it was indeed operated by North Eastern Bus Services. Before deregulation, the route was operated by Go North East as the 92 since about 1981/82, before that, I think it was assigned the 26 route number.

Pretty sure the 26 was Fawdon - Felling. It may have operated via Church Road at one point (either in that guise or a previous one), but almost certain it went up Beacon Lough Road.
Then it changed and was Gateshead - Barley Mow. Probably coincided with the metro.

I used that 92 with my Grandma. I remember her saying that we wouldn't be using it much (hence the foggy memories of it), as she didn't like it. I'd been at school a few years too, so bus use had been limited compared to years prior.
So on the few times we did head out, we used a competing service or walked down to Durham Road - which probably led to the confusion with Big Orange in the linked thread. Ironic, that the choice of services available partially led to the demise of North Eastern and Easyway. 
I have no doubt the predatory tactics of Go Ahead played a part too.

I also remember standing at Gateshead Metro prior to and during de-reg, seeing an advert on the wall opposite and her trying to explain why Northern was changing its name. I can't remember her response.
Edited 30 Nov 2017, 8:45 am by Andreos1.

Andreos1
30 Nov 2017, 8:43 am #17

(29 Nov 2017, 11:00 pm)MurdnunoC The 92 is the route you're thinking of and it was indeed operated by North Eastern Bus Services. Before deregulation, the route was operated by Go North East as the 92 since about 1981/82, before that, I think it was assigned the 26 route number.

Pretty sure the 26 was Fawdon - Felling. It may have operated via Church Road at one point (either in that guise or a previous one), but almost certain it went up Beacon Lough Road.
Then it changed and was Gateshead - Barley Mow. Probably coincided with the metro.

I used that 92 with my Grandma. I remember her saying that we wouldn't be using it much (hence the foggy memories of it), as she didn't like it. I'd been at school a few years too, so bus use had been limited compared to years prior.
So on the few times we did head out, we used a competing service or walked down to Durham Road - which probably led to the confusion with Big Orange in the linked thread. Ironic, that the choice of services available partially led to the demise of North Eastern and Easyway. 
I have no doubt the predatory tactics of Go Ahead played a part too.

I also remember standing at Gateshead Metro prior to and during de-reg, seeing an advert on the wall opposite and her trying to explain why Northern was changing its name. I can't remember her response.

MurdnunoC

30 Nov 2017, 11:09 am #18
Found a pic of an Easyway bus circa 1986/87

Link: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8534/2852...fc22_b.jpg

[Image: 28523516095_bc70aafc22_b.jpg]

A 'Big Orange' Leyland National at the bus stop behind and what I would imagine to be the 305 coming along the Western-By-Pass in the background.
MurdnunoC
30 Nov 2017, 11:09 am #18

Found a pic of an Easyway bus circa 1986/87

Link: https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8534/2852...fc22_b.jpg

[Image: 28523516095_bc70aafc22_b.jpg]

A 'Big Orange' Leyland National at the bus stop behind and what I would imagine to be the 305 coming along the Western-By-Pass in the background.

Andreos1

04 Dec 2017, 9:49 pm #19
Granted they're not 'that' old, but if anyone wants a copy before I get rid...

Found a leaflet advising of the Chester diversions 3/4 years ago when Front St was dug up.
Also, a POP PAYG leaflet, outlining which services are now accepting the card.

Both feature services which have been renumbered, branded or replaced.

Andreos1
04 Dec 2017, 9:49 pm #19

Granted they're not 'that' old, but if anyone wants a copy before I get rid...

Found a leaflet advising of the Chester diversions 3/4 years ago when Front St was dug up.
Also, a POP PAYG leaflet, outlining which services are now accepting the card.

Both feature services which have been renumbered, branded or replaced.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Dec 2017, 5:38 am #20
Don't suppose you've got access to a scanner, Andreos? Really good to include them.

What you will see when all of the content is uploaded again is that this time around we're future-proofing the archive. Adding content now, while it's current, for the future when it may become something people want to see.

Bit like the news. All of the current news is immediately archived and we just build up a massive database of records.

Allows us to cater for everyone too. You may have a specific interest in content around the 1980s, whereas a younger enthusiast on the scene may only be interested in things that they can remember (so say 2010 onwards).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dan
05 Dec 2017, 5:38 am #20

Don't suppose you've got access to a scanner, Andreos? Really good to include them.

What you will see when all of the content is uploaded again is that this time around we're future-proofing the archive. Adding content now, while it's current, for the future when it may become something people want to see.

Bit like the news. All of the current news is immediately archived and we just build up a massive database of records.

Allows us to cater for everyone too. You may have a specific interest in content around the 1980s, whereas a younger enthusiast on the scene may only be interested in things that they can remember (so say 2010 onwards).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pages (2): 1 2 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average