Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (21): Previous 113 14 1521 Next
GuyParkRoyal

20 Jan 2018, 7:01 pm #261
(20 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm)cbma06 I think the last 2 wernt going to be in angel livery, 6332 might be the same promotion as 6100?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a post on brand new bus blog spot saying that the last two Streetdecks will be delivered as one blue and one black vehicle.
GuyParkRoyal
20 Jan 2018, 7:01 pm #261

(20 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm)cbma06 I think the last 2 wernt going to be in angel livery, 6332 might be the same promotion as 6100?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a post on brand new bus blog spot saying that the last two Streetdecks will be delivered as one blue and one black vehicle.

S813 FVK

20 Jan 2018, 7:02 pm #262
(20 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm)cbma06 I think the last 2 wernt going to be in angel livery, 6332 might be the same promotion as 6100?

Correct. 6332 and 6333 are the spares. However, their liveries were shown as 'TBC' on our fleet list which was certainly an indication that they wouldn't be in the corporate livery.
S813 FVK
20 Jan 2018, 7:02 pm #262

(20 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm)cbma06 I think the last 2 wernt going to be in angel livery, 6332 might be the same promotion as 6100?

Correct. 6332 and 6333 are the spares. However, their liveries were shown as 'TBC' on our fleet list which was certainly an indication that they wouldn't be in the corporate livery.

Michael

20 Jan 2018, 7:07 pm #263
(20 Jan 2018, 7:01 pm)GuyParkRoyal There is a post on brand new bus blog spot saying that the last two Streetdecks will be delivered as one blue and one black vehicle.

Black one could be night angel.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Jan 2018, 7:07 pm #263

(20 Jan 2018, 7:01 pm)GuyParkRoyal There is a post on brand new bus blog spot saying that the last two Streetdecks will be delivered as one blue and one black vehicle.

Black one could be night angel.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Jan 2018, 8:12 am #264
(20 Jan 2018, 4:15 pm)BusLoverMum 9086 was still in Durham, 2 hours ago.

Those who haven't had a ride of it, or got their photos, should probably do so soon! It's on borrowed time!
Dan
21 Jan 2018, 8:12 am #264

(20 Jan 2018, 4:15 pm)BusLoverMum 9086 was still in Durham, 2 hours ago.

Those who haven't had a ride of it, or got their photos, should probably do so soon! It's on borrowed time!

Dan

Site Administrator

21 Jan 2018, 9:56 am #265
(07 Jan 2018, 4:34 pm)S813 FVK 706 has gained a rear advertisement for contactless payment (identical to that on 641-646). No idea if the other Solos/SRs have followed, but here's me hoping that 708 was fitted with a tagline while they were there.

It wasn't as the fitters didn't have one of the taglines with them when doing those rear adverts, but is due to be fitted in the next round of 'snags' at Stanley. Should be fitted within the next two weeks, along with other members of the fleet with missing branding.
Dan
21 Jan 2018, 9:56 am #265

(07 Jan 2018, 4:34 pm)S813 FVK 706 has gained a rear advertisement for contactless payment (identical to that on 641-646). No idea if the other Solos/SRs have followed, but here's me hoping that 708 was fitted with a tagline while they were there.

It wasn't as the fitters didn't have one of the taglines with them when doing those rear adverts, but is due to be fitted in the next round of 'snags' at Stanley. Should be fitted within the next two weeks, along with other members of the fleet with missing branding.

ne14ne1

21 Jan 2018, 9:59 pm #266
Earlier today I saw a hybrid Coaster reversing out of a side street onto Benfield Rd - guessing they missed their turn or something as it was in service, and proceeded back towards Walkergate Station and turned left onto Appletree towards the coast.
5 mins later I overtook it while it was at a bus stop and I could see inside the lower deck next stop announcement screen was off.
Do you think this was a faulty one or are they running with audio only until all the visuals are created for this route?
ne14ne1
21 Jan 2018, 9:59 pm #266

Earlier today I saw a hybrid Coaster reversing out of a side street onto Benfield Rd - guessing they missed their turn or something as it was in service, and proceeded back towards Walkergate Station and turned left onto Appletree towards the coast.
5 mins later I overtook it while it was at a bus stop and I could see inside the lower deck next stop announcement screen was off.
Do you think this was a faulty one or are they running with audio only until all the visuals are created for this route?

Tom

21 Jan 2018, 11:16 pm #267
(21 Jan 2018, 9:59 pm)ne14ne1 Earlier today I saw a hybrid Coaster reversing out of a side street onto Benfield Rd - guessing they missed their turn or something as it was in service, and proceeded back towards Walkergate Station and turned left onto Appletree towards the coast.

Was it 6060? They don’t work as far as i know
Tom
21 Jan 2018, 11:16 pm #267

(21 Jan 2018, 9:59 pm)ne14ne1 Earlier today I saw a hybrid Coaster reversing out of a side street onto Benfield Rd - guessing they missed their turn or something as it was in service, and proceeded back towards Walkergate Station and turned left onto Appletree towards the coast.

Was it 6060? They don’t work as far as i know

Jamie M

Unregistered

22 Jan 2018, 10:56 am #268
There's a go-ahead cast-off enviro, ex metroline heading to salties. Any speculation on this one? ?
Jamie M
22 Jan 2018, 10:56 am #268

There's a go-ahead cast-off enviro, ex metroline heading to salties. Any speculation on this one? ?

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Jan 2018, 5:30 pm #269

They should all be working, for every journey. The ones which were faulty should have been repaired by Hanover's engineer before (or in a few instances soon after) arrival at Percy Main.

If you find one that isn't working in future, drop me a note with the fleet number or report to Customer Services.
Dan
22 Jan 2018, 5:30 pm #269

They should all be working, for every journey. The ones which were faulty should have been repaired by Hanover's engineer before (or in a few instances soon after) arrival at Percy Main.

If you find one that isn't working in future, drop me a note with the fleet number or report to Customer Services.

Dan

Site Administrator

22 Jan 2018, 5:31 pm #270
I made a post on a bus enthusiasts' Facebook Group earlier, and it's provoked quite a bit of discussion. Many of those who have commented on that post aren't members of this forum, and still stick to their guns that StreetDecks are hideously unreliable, cheap (and so on)... So I'm intrigued to see what sort of opinions members of this forum have in comparison.

My original post on said group was:

Quote:A number of comments have been made on this group and others recently about how poor Go North East's decision-making is, when it comes to investing in new vehicles.

I have just seen a sponsored advertisement on my Facebook feed from Go North East, promoting their new Wright StreetDeck buses on the Angel 21 service (link below):
https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts...2002470710

It's amazing to see how many customers have made such positive comments about these buses and how they're an improvement on the previous allocation. There's very few negative comments, which suggests that these buses aren't all that bad, in the eyes of a 'normal' passenger.

One comment that stood out below:
"Used one today. What a great experience. Used a table to carry out paperwork. The power supply worked and free wi fi. All that was missing was a G&T ?. I'm 6'4" and there was ample leg space too. A real pleasure I must say. I almost want to ride another soon but wont admit to it. Well done ?"
Dan
22 Jan 2018, 5:31 pm #270

I made a post on a bus enthusiasts' Facebook Group earlier, and it's provoked quite a bit of discussion. Many of those who have commented on that post aren't members of this forum, and still stick to their guns that StreetDecks are hideously unreliable, cheap (and so on)... So I'm intrigued to see what sort of opinions members of this forum have in comparison.

Quote:A number of comments have been made on this group and others recently about how poor Go North East's decision-making is, when it comes to investing in new vehicles.

I have just seen a sponsored advertisement on my Facebook feed from Go North East, promoting their new Wright StreetDeck buses on the Angel 21 service (link below):
https://www.facebook.com/simplyGNE/posts...2002470710

It's amazing to see how many customers have made such positive comments about these buses and how they're an improvement on the previous allocation. There's very few negative comments, which suggests that these buses aren't all that bad, in the eyes of a 'normal' passenger.

One comment that stood out below:
"Used one today. What a great experience. Used a table to carry out paperwork. The power supply worked and free wi fi. All that was missing was a G&T ?. I'm 6'4" and there was ample leg space too. A real pleasure I must say. I almost want to ride another soon but wont admit to it. Well done ?"

mb134

22 Jan 2018, 5:42 pm #271
(22 Jan 2018, 5:31 pm)Dan I made a post on a bus enthusiasts' Facebook Group earlier, and it's provoked quite a bit of discussion. Many of those who have commented on that post aren't members of this forum, and still stick to their guns that StreetDecks are hideously unreliable, cheap (and so on)... So I'm intrigued to see what sort of opinions members of this forum have in comparison.

I'd be inclined to argue that, after only a few weeks in service, comments should be positive given the internal specification. There also shouldn't be any comments with regard to reliability at this point, bar any small teething issues you're never going to have major issues after they've been on the road for a few weeks at most.
mb134
22 Jan 2018, 5:42 pm #271

(22 Jan 2018, 5:31 pm)Dan I made a post on a bus enthusiasts' Facebook Group earlier, and it's provoked quite a bit of discussion. Many of those who have commented on that post aren't members of this forum, and still stick to their guns that StreetDecks are hideously unreliable, cheap (and so on)... So I'm intrigued to see what sort of opinions members of this forum have in comparison.

I'd be inclined to argue that, after only a few weeks in service, comments should be positive given the internal specification. There also shouldn't be any comments with regard to reliability at this point, bar any small teething issues you're never going to have major issues after they've been on the road for a few weeks at most.

22 Jan 2018, 6:01 pm #272

Seen the comments on that group when I was adding photos onto it.

As far as the Streetdecks go, not a fan of The Castles Express ones only because I find the ride quality a bit jerky and bouncy even though they are nice inside and comfortable, my none enthusiast other half has the same opinion as I do when it comes to the ride quality as she felt nauseous after coming from Bishop Auckland to Newcastle one time.

Can’t comment on The Angels yet as haven’t been on any yet but I am planning to get a ride on them when I can. Hopefully the ride quality is better on The Angels than The Castles.

I can see where some of the enthusiasts on Facebook are coming from in some way, this being due to The Castles Express Streetdecks having a few breakdowns late last year, creating the perception they are unreliable as I saw what comments on Facebook said. This could be different with The Angels due to having a completely different power unit to what The Castles have. Hopefully the recent engineering work they have had done has rectified whatever was causing the breakdowns.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Edited 22 Jan 2018, 6:15 pm by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
22 Jan 2018, 6:01 pm #272

Seen the comments on that group when I was adding photos onto it.

As far as the Streetdecks go, not a fan of The Castles Express ones only because I find the ride quality a bit jerky and bouncy even though they are nice inside and comfortable, my none enthusiast other half has the same opinion as I do when it comes to the ride quality as she felt nauseous after coming from Bishop Auckland to Newcastle one time.

Can’t comment on The Angels yet as haven’t been on any yet but I am planning to get a ride on them when I can. Hopefully the ride quality is better on The Angels than The Castles.

I can see where some of the enthusiasts on Facebook are coming from in some way, this being due to The Castles Express Streetdecks having a few breakdowns late last year, creating the perception they are unreliable as I saw what comments on Facebook said. This could be different with The Angels due to having a completely different power unit to what The Castles have. Hopefully the recent engineering work they have had done has rectified whatever was causing the breakdowns.

Michael

22 Jan 2018, 6:11 pm #273
(22 Jan 2018, 10:56 am)Jamie M There's a go-ahead cast-off enviro, ex metroline heading to salties. Any speculation on this one? ?

Any more info on this?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Jan 2018, 6:11 pm #273

(22 Jan 2018, 10:56 am)Jamie M There's a go-ahead cast-off enviro, ex metroline heading to salties. Any speculation on this one? ?

Any more info on this?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

22 Jan 2018, 6:12 pm #274
While I’m on here any info yet on the Versa replacing 8303

TEN 6083
22 Jan 2018, 6:12 pm #274

While I’m on here any info yet on the Versa replacing 8303

Michael

22 Jan 2018, 6:23 pm #275
(22 Jan 2018, 6:12 pm)TEN 6083 While I’m on here any info yet on the Versa replacing 8303

Probables one of the South Tyne versa's, as Chester are getting all 8 of them
Edited 22 Jan 2018, 6:24 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Jan 2018, 6:23 pm #275

(22 Jan 2018, 6:12 pm)TEN 6083 While I’m on here any info yet on the Versa replacing 8303

Probables one of the South Tyne versa's, as Chester are getting all 8 of them

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

22 Jan 2018, 7:27 pm #276
How many journey's do Go North East operate between Newcastle and London per day?
Malarkey
22 Jan 2018, 7:27 pm #276

How many journey's do Go North East operate between Newcastle and London per day?

Jamie M

Unregistered

22 Jan 2018, 7:57 pm #277
(22 Jan 2018, 6:11 pm)Michael Any more info on this?

It's red.
Jamie M
22 Jan 2018, 7:57 pm #277

(22 Jan 2018, 6:11 pm)Michael Any more info on this?

It's red.

Michael

22 Jan 2018, 8:01 pm #278
(22 Jan 2018, 7:57 pm)Jamie M It's red.

Tongue, i meant like, has it arrived and why? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Jan 2018, 8:01 pm #278

(22 Jan 2018, 7:57 pm)Jamie M It's red.

Tongue, i meant like, has it arrived and why? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Boggle

22 Jan 2018, 8:39 pm #279

I use the 21 each day to travel to work.  This morning was the first time since all of the new ones have been here that I've travelled on something different when 3965 turned up.  That was cold and the window seal next to my seat was dripping a lot of water in.  The usual Streetdeck was much missed this morning.  Hopefully the arrival of the spares will see off these relics.

Generally, the new buses seem reliable (as they should be given that they are only 6 weeks old) and comfortable, although on a couple, the panel above the rear window upstairs at the back already rattles quite loudly when the bus is moving - 6317 is particularly bad with 6325 and 6331 also having the same issue.  

As I travel by myself, I am not a fan of the tables and try to avoid them where possible.  I've never seen anyone using the table for anything other than standing their bag on and at the time I travel there aren't many people travelling in groups, so their use is limited as, in my experience, people travelling by themselves generally prefer not to have to engage with others (particularly commuters in rush hour).  The other problem with the table seats is the amount of passengers who sit with their feet up on the facing seats.

That said, the tables are the only feature I don't like and assuming that the reliability is maintained and that maintenance teams can keep on top of the rattles which are starting to develop, they are a big upgrade on the hybrids, B7s, Omnidekkas and the mixture of single deckers which they replaced.
Boggle
22 Jan 2018, 8:39 pm #279

I use the 21 each day to travel to work.  This morning was the first time since all of the new ones have been here that I've travelled on something different when 3965 turned up.  That was cold and the window seal next to my seat was dripping a lot of water in.  The usual Streetdeck was much missed this morning.  Hopefully the arrival of the spares will see off these relics.

Generally, the new buses seem reliable (as they should be given that they are only 6 weeks old) and comfortable, although on a couple, the panel above the rear window upstairs at the back already rattles quite loudly when the bus is moving - 6317 is particularly bad with 6325 and 6331 also having the same issue.  

As I travel by myself, I am not a fan of the tables and try to avoid them where possible.  I've never seen anyone using the table for anything other than standing their bag on and at the time I travel there aren't many people travelling in groups, so their use is limited as, in my experience, people travelling by themselves generally prefer not to have to engage with others (particularly commuters in rush hour).  The other problem with the table seats is the amount of passengers who sit with their feet up on the facing seats.

That said, the tables are the only feature I don't like and assuming that the reliability is maintained and that maintenance teams can keep on top of the rattles which are starting to develop, they are a big upgrade on the hybrids, B7s, Omnidekkas and the mixture of single deckers which they replaced.

22 Jan 2018, 8:44 pm #280
(22 Jan 2018, 6:23 pm)Michael Probables one of the South Tyne versa's, as Chester are getting all 8 of them

in case anyone hasn't seen it, here is 8303's replacement with the information from Dan.

[Image: 24968086687_ed47671bd1_c.jpg]Go North East: 9084 / YJ64DZM by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Go North East's unallocated Optare Versa V1170 Hybrid/Optare 9084 (YJ64 DZM), which carries the base livery of Go North East's corporate livery, is pictured here in the yard at Saltmeadows Road Depot, Gateshead, whilst being prepared for service. 22/01/18

This vehicle was one of two new to Courtney Buses of Finchampstead in September 2014 for the 126 - 129 group of services, operating between Reading, Twyford and Wokingham. Carrying a 'coffee and mint' livery, these two Hybrid Optare Versas continued the 'coffee theme' for services in Wokingham.

Thought to be returned to Optare in April 2015 owing to ongoing reliability issues, the pair have been used by Optare as demonstration/loan vehicles since. This example is thought not to have seen use since 2015, whereas sister YJ64 DZL has been slightly more active, seeing use with Richard Bros and latterly BL Travel.

With "Lambton Worm" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8303 (NK09 FCD) having sustained severe fire damage due to an electrical fault whilst operating the final journey of the day on "Lambton Worm" service 34A on 17th August 2017, Optare have supplied this vehicle as a courtesy vehicle on long-term loan to cover for it. Numbered 9084 in Go North East's fleet for the duration of its stay, it is expected to be allocated to Riverside Depot.

It has additionally been repainted into Go North East's corporate livery, and will be treated like one of Go North East's own vehicles during its loan period, being fitted with standard fleet livery vinyls, advertisement frames, and a cab area assault screen, prior to entering service.

Despite many vehicles in Go North East's fleet featuring colour route-number front displays, the company never invested in full front colour LED destinations. This vehicle is unique in having one fitted - a display type not spec'd by many operators.

Edited 22 Jan 2018, 8:51 pm by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
22 Jan 2018, 8:44 pm #280

(22 Jan 2018, 6:23 pm)Michael Probables one of the South Tyne versa's, as Chester are getting all 8 of them

in case anyone hasn't seen it, here is 8303's replacement with the information from Dan.

[Image: 24968086687_ed47671bd1_c.jpg]Go North East: 9084 / YJ64DZM by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Go North East's unallocated Optare Versa V1170 Hybrid/Optare 9084 (YJ64 DZM), which carries the base livery of Go North East's corporate livery, is pictured here in the yard at Saltmeadows Road Depot, Gateshead, whilst being prepared for service. 22/01/18

This vehicle was one of two new to Courtney Buses of Finchampstead in September 2014 for the 126 - 129 group of services, operating between Reading, Twyford and Wokingham. Carrying a 'coffee and mint' livery, these two Hybrid Optare Versas continued the 'coffee theme' for services in Wokingham.

Thought to be returned to Optare in April 2015 owing to ongoing reliability issues, the pair have been used by Optare as demonstration/loan vehicles since. This example is thought not to have seen use since 2015, whereas sister YJ64 DZL has been slightly more active, seeing use with Richard Bros and latterly BL Travel.

With "Lambton Worm" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8303 (NK09 FCD) having sustained severe fire damage due to an electrical fault whilst operating the final journey of the day on "Lambton Worm" service 34A on 17th August 2017, Optare have supplied this vehicle as a courtesy vehicle on long-term loan to cover for it. Numbered 9084 in Go North East's fleet for the duration of its stay, it is expected to be allocated to Riverside Depot.

It has additionally been repainted into Go North East's corporate livery, and will be treated like one of Go North East's own vehicles during its loan period, being fitted with standard fleet livery vinyls, advertisement frames, and a cab area assault screen, prior to entering service.

Despite many vehicles in Go North East's fleet featuring colour route-number front displays, the company never invested in full front colour LED destinations. This vehicle is unique in having one fitted - a display type not spec'd by many operators.

Pages (21): Previous 113 14 1521 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average