Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2018

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (21) Previous 114 15 1621 Next
Jamie M

Unregistered

22 Jan 2018, 8:45 pm #281
(22 Jan 2018, 8:01 pm)Michael Tongue, i meant like, has it arrived and why? Tongue

I know what you meant to ask  Confused
Jamie M
22 Jan 2018, 8:45 pm #281

(22 Jan 2018, 8:01 pm)Michael Tongue, i meant like, has it arrived and why? Tongue

I know what you meant to ask  Confused

Michael

22 Jan 2018, 8:56 pm #282
(22 Jan 2018, 8:44 pm)TEN 6083 in case anyone hasn't seen it, here is 8303's replacement with the information from Dan.

[Image: 24968086687_ed47671bd1_c.jpg]Go North East: 9084 / YJ64DZM by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Go North East's unallocated Optare Versa V1170 Hybrid/Optare 9084 (YJ64 DZM), which carries the base livery of Go North East's corporate livery, is pictured here in the yard at Saltmeadows Road Depot, Gateshead, whilst being prepared for service. 22/01/18

This vehicle was one of two new to Courtney Buses of Finchampstead in September 2014 for the 126 - 129 group of services, operating between Reading, Twyford and Wokingham. Carrying a 'coffee and mint' livery, these two Hybrid Optare Versas continued the 'coffee theme' for services in Wokingham.

Thought to be returned to Optare in April 2015 owing to ongoing reliability issues, the pair have been used by Optare as demonstration/loan vehicles since. This example is thought not to have seen use since 2015, whereas sister YJ64 DZL has been slightly more active, seeing use with Richard Bros and latterly BL Travel.

With "Lambton Worm" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8303 (NK09 FCD) having sustained severe fire damage due to an electrical fault whilst operating the final journey of the day on "Lambton Worm" service 34A on 17th August 2017, Optare have supplied this vehicle as a courtesy vehicle on long-term loan to cover for it. Numbered 9084 in Go North East's fleet for the duration of its stay, it is expected to be allocated to Riverside Depot.

It has additionally been repainted into Go North East's corporate livery, and will be treated like one of Go North East's own vehicles during its loan period, being fitted with standard fleet livery vinyls, advertisement frames, and a cab area assault screen, prior to entering service.

Despite many vehicles in Go North East's fleet featuring colour route-number front displays, the company never invested in full front colour LED destinations. This vehicle is unique in having one fitted - a display type not spec'd by many operators.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk

Aye but that's going to Riverside so one of the South Tyne Versa's should replace 8303 at Chester.

South Tyne Versa's should be going on:

5 for the 28/28A
1 for the 34/34A
2 spare

All 8 are going to "Go North East", so the Waggonway and Lambton Worm brand should be dropped.
Edited 22 Jan 2018, 10:04 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Jan 2018, 8:56 pm #282

(22 Jan 2018, 8:44 pm)TEN 6083 in case anyone hasn't seen it, here is 8303's replacement with the information from Dan.

[Image: 24968086687_ed47671bd1_c.jpg]Go North East: 9084 / YJ64DZM by Daniel Graham, on Flickr

Go North East's unallocated Optare Versa V1170 Hybrid/Optare 9084 (YJ64 DZM), which carries the base livery of Go North East's corporate livery, is pictured here in the yard at Saltmeadows Road Depot, Gateshead, whilst being prepared for service. 22/01/18

This vehicle was one of two new to Courtney Buses of Finchampstead in September 2014 for the 126 - 129 group of services, operating between Reading, Twyford and Wokingham. Carrying a 'coffee and mint' livery, these two Hybrid Optare Versas continued the 'coffee theme' for services in Wokingham.

Thought to be returned to Optare in April 2015 owing to ongoing reliability issues, the pair have been used by Optare as demonstration/loan vehicles since. This example is thought not to have seen use since 2015, whereas sister YJ64 DZL has been slightly more active, seeing use with Richard Bros and latterly BL Travel.

With "Lambton Worm" branded Optare Versa V1110/Optare 8303 (NK09 FCD) having sustained severe fire damage due to an electrical fault whilst operating the final journey of the day on "Lambton Worm" service 34A on 17th August 2017, Optare have supplied this vehicle as a courtesy vehicle on long-term loan to cover for it. Numbered 9084 in Go North East's fleet for the duration of its stay, it is expected to be allocated to Riverside Depot.

It has additionally been repainted into Go North East's corporate livery, and will be treated like one of Go North East's own vehicles during its loan period, being fitted with standard fleet livery vinyls, advertisement frames, and a cab area assault screen, prior to entering service.

Despite many vehicles in Go North East's fleet featuring colour route-number front displays, the company never invested in full front colour LED destinations. This vehicle is unique in having one fitted - a display type not spec'd by many operators.

Aye but that's going to Riverside so one of the South Tyne Versa's should replace 8303 at Chester.

South Tyne Versa's should be going on:

5 for the 28/28A
1 for the 34/34A
2 spare

All 8 are going to "Go North East", so the Waggonway and Lambton Worm brand should be dropped.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

22 Jan 2018, 9:21 pm #283
(22 Jan 2018, 8:39 pm)Boggle I use the 21 each day to travel to work.  This morning was the first time since all of the new ones have been here that I've travelled on something different when 3965 turned up.  That was cold and the window seal next to my seat was dripping a lot of water in.  The usual Streetdeck was much missed this morning.  Hopefully the arrival of the spares will see off these relics.

Generally, the new buses seem reliable (as they should be given that they are only 6 weeks old) and comfortable, although on a couple, the panel above the rear window upstairs at the back already rattles quite loudly when the bus is moving - 6317 is particularly bad with 6325 and 6331 also having the same issue.  

As I travel by myself, I am not a fan of the tables and try to avoid them where possible.  I've never seen anyone using the table for anything other than standing their bag on and at the time I travel there aren't many people travelling in groups, so their use is limited as, in my experience, people travelling by themselves generally prefer not to have to engage with others (particularly commuters in rush hour).  The other problem with the table seats is the amount of passengers who sit with their feet up on the facing seats.

That said, the tables are the only feature I don't like and assuming that the reliability is maintained and that maintenance teams can keep on top of the rattles which are starting to develop, they are a big upgrade on the hybrids, B7s, Omnidekkas and the mixture of single deckers which they replaced.

Like the streetshites, the street decks seem to be having rattles here and there.what are these buses going to be like in 5 years if they are rattling now.the streetlites on x66 have a tendency to have the emergency door rattle away, and that was when they were only a few weeks old.is the rattling down to just buses from wrightbus,or do any readers notice this on new environs etc.
Northern4555
22 Jan 2018, 9:21 pm #283

(22 Jan 2018, 8:39 pm)Boggle I use the 21 each day to travel to work.  This morning was the first time since all of the new ones have been here that I've travelled on something different when 3965 turned up.  That was cold and the window seal next to my seat was dripping a lot of water in.  The usual Streetdeck was much missed this morning.  Hopefully the arrival of the spares will see off these relics.

Generally, the new buses seem reliable (as they should be given that they are only 6 weeks old) and comfortable, although on a couple, the panel above the rear window upstairs at the back already rattles quite loudly when the bus is moving - 6317 is particularly bad with 6325 and 6331 also having the same issue.  

As I travel by myself, I am not a fan of the tables and try to avoid them where possible.  I've never seen anyone using the table for anything other than standing their bag on and at the time I travel there aren't many people travelling in groups, so their use is limited as, in my experience, people travelling by themselves generally prefer not to have to engage with others (particularly commuters in rush hour).  The other problem with the table seats is the amount of passengers who sit with their feet up on the facing seats.

That said, the tables are the only feature I don't like and assuming that the reliability is maintained and that maintenance teams can keep on top of the rattles which are starting to develop, they are a big upgrade on the hybrids, B7s, Omnidekkas and the mixture of single deckers which they replaced.

Like the streetshites, the street decks seem to be having rattles here and there.what are these buses going to be like in 5 years if they are rattling now.the streetlites on x66 have a tendency to have the emergency door rattle away, and that was when they were only a few weeks old.is the rattling down to just buses from wrightbus,or do any readers notice this on new environs etc.

23 Jan 2018, 9:03 am #284

Is that Optare admitting guilt for the fire?

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

RBZ 5459
23 Jan 2018, 9:03 am #284

Is that Optare admitting guilt for the fire?

RBZ5459 | flickr | THV

Dan

Site Administrator

23 Jan 2018, 1:08 pm #285

Possibly a coincidence that it was heading towards the direction of Saltmeadows Rd. Often see random buses going to Albany Motors, also based on Saltmeadows Road, presumably using their tachograph bay (Albany do installation of tachograph systems as well as calibrating them - used a lot by Arriva and Go North East).

Don't think any ex-Metroline Enviro400s are being acquired by Go North East. The 13 ex-London Volvo B9 should see off the last remaining V-reg Volvo B7, and as internal work is still being carried out on the ex-Brighton OmniDekkas, I cannot see them being disposed of in the immediate future (no buses need replacing, why would they take any more used double-decks?)
Dan
23 Jan 2018, 1:08 pm #285

Possibly a coincidence that it was heading towards the direction of Saltmeadows Rd. Often see random buses going to Albany Motors, also based on Saltmeadows Road, presumably using their tachograph bay (Albany do installation of tachograph systems as well as calibrating them - used a lot by Arriva and Go North East).

Don't think any ex-Metroline Enviro400s are being acquired by Go North East. The 13 ex-London Volvo B9 should see off the last remaining V-reg Volvo B7, and as internal work is still being carried out on the ex-Brighton OmniDekkas, I cannot see them being disposed of in the immediate future (no buses need replacing, why would they take any more used double-decks?)

Andreos1

23 Jan 2018, 1:20 pm #286
(23 Jan 2018, 9:03 am)RBZ 5459 Is that Optare admitting guilt for the fire?

Maybe keen to get further business.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
23 Jan 2018, 1:20 pm #286

(23 Jan 2018, 9:03 am)RBZ 5459 Is that Optare admitting guilt for the fire?

Maybe keen to get further business.

Jamie M

Unregistered

23 Jan 2018, 4:21 pm #287
(23 Jan 2018, 1:08 pm)Dan Possibly a coincidence that it was heading towards the direction of Saltmeadows Rd. Often see random buses going to Albany Motors, also based on Saltmeadows Road, presumably using their tachograph bay (Albany do installation of tachograph systems as well as calibrating them - used a lot by Arriva and Go North East).

It was an enviro200 in question I believe - anyway, what exactly is being done to the omnidecks? I remember the backsides were getting tightened, but other work took place instead. Any other features on the way or just remaining on the minimalistic side of events?

(23 Jan 2018, 1:20 pm)Andreos1 Maybe keen to get further business.

I agree with this, Volvo and Wrightbus are happy to send out support vans or do routine repairs to an extent - perhaps Optare are wanting to provide longer-lasting support too? 

Realistically, I think it's just a PR move since it got time in the press and clearly wasn't the result of misdue-care.
Jamie M
23 Jan 2018, 4:21 pm #287

(23 Jan 2018, 1:08 pm)Dan Possibly a coincidence that it was heading towards the direction of Saltmeadows Rd. Often see random buses going to Albany Motors, also based on Saltmeadows Road, presumably using their tachograph bay (Albany do installation of tachograph systems as well as calibrating them - used a lot by Arriva and Go North East).

It was an enviro200 in question I believe - anyway, what exactly is being done to the omnidecks? I remember the backsides were getting tightened, but other work took place instead. Any other features on the way or just remaining on the minimalistic side of events?

I agree with this, Volvo and Wrightbus are happy to send out support vans or do routine repairs to an extent - perhaps Optare are wanting to provide longer-lasting support too? 

Realistically, I think it's just a PR move since it got time in the press and clearly wasn't the result of misdue-care.

S813 FVK

23 Jan 2018, 5:03 pm #288
(23 Jan 2018, 4:21 pm)Jamie M what exactly is being done to the omnidecks? 

Is it not just the retrims?
S813 FVK
23 Jan 2018, 5:03 pm #288

(23 Jan 2018, 4:21 pm)Jamie M what exactly is being done to the omnidecks? 

Is it not just the retrims?

Jamie M

Unregistered

23 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm #289
(23 Jan 2018, 5:03 pm)S813 FVK Is it not just the retrims?

idk haha, I've been on the low recently and not much has changed with them since I last checked. I thought a few needed their backsides tightened due to the general sliding action occuring, which was delayed at some point. I forget if they were all seen to or not ?
Jamie M
23 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm #289

(23 Jan 2018, 5:03 pm)S813 FVK Is it not just the retrims?

idk haha, I've been on the low recently and not much has changed with them since I last checked. I thought a few needed their backsides tightened due to the general sliding action occuring, which was delayed at some point. I forget if they were all seen to or not ?

mb134

23 Jan 2018, 9:14 pm #290

Is there much hope of that though? GNE seem pretty sold on the Streetlite for all single deck orders now.
mb134
23 Jan 2018, 9:14 pm #290

Is there much hope of that though? GNE seem pretty sold on the Streetlite for all single deck orders now.

23 Jan 2018, 9:31 pm #291
(23 Jan 2018, 9:14 pm)mb134 Is there much hope of that though? GNE seem pretty sold on the Streetlite for all single deck orders now.

Jimmoc - has posted the following in the Gateshead Central Taxis Thread...
‘Been told by a friend that GCT Have got Man Enviro 200 from london ex metroline’
thetravelman
23 Jan 2018, 9:31 pm #291

(23 Jan 2018, 9:14 pm)mb134 Is there much hope of that though? GNE seem pretty sold on the Streetlite for all single deck orders now.

Jimmoc - has posted the following in the Gateshead Central Taxis Thread...
‘Been told by a friend that GCT Have got Man Enviro 200 from london ex metroline’

ne14ne1

23 Jan 2018, 9:39 pm #292
At 08:40 this morning Fab56 6094 pulled up at Gateshead Hills St and terminated due to a smashed rear window. Everyone disembarked onto an Angel21 a minute later.
I was just at the bus stop rather than onboard so not sure what happened but thought it was a bit of an odd time for vandalism. Wonder if it had already been compromised & shattered through uneven road surface/movement. Although the hole looks like something was thrown at it? Who knows. 

[Image: 38963747625_b0f5303ee6_k.jpg]IMG_1004 by ne14ne1, on Flickr
Edited 23 Jan 2018, 9:45 pm by ne14ne1.
ne14ne1
23 Jan 2018, 9:39 pm #292

At 08:40 this morning Fab56 6094 pulled up at Gateshead Hills St and terminated due to a smashed rear window. Everyone disembarked onto an Angel21 a minute later.
I was just at the bus stop rather than onboard so not sure what happened but thought it was a bit of an odd time for vandalism. Wonder if it had already been compromised & shattered through uneven road surface/movement. Although the hole looks like something was thrown at it? Who knows. 

23 Jan 2018, 9:41 pm #293
I wish GNE would purchase proper heavy duty single deck buses instead of this streetlites rubbish, which will fall apart by 8 years.does anyone know the bus life is on streetlites.the Merck’s I would imagine GNE will wan 20 years from them as they are higher spec
Northern4555
23 Jan 2018, 9:41 pm #293

I wish GNE would purchase proper heavy duty single deck buses instead of this streetlites rubbish, which will fall apart by 8 years.does anyone know the bus life is on streetlites.the Merck’s I would imagine GNE will wan 20 years from them as they are higher spec

S813 FVK

23 Jan 2018, 9:43 pm #294

No harm in trying. After the 3 Solos due to arrive later in the year, I imagine Optare will not see further business from Go North East for a number of years.
S813 FVK
23 Jan 2018, 9:43 pm #294

No harm in trying. After the 3 Solos due to arrive later in the year, I imagine Optare will not see further business from Go North East for a number of years.

mb134

23 Jan 2018, 9:52 pm #295
(23 Jan 2018, 9:41 pm)Northern4555 I wish GNE would purchase proper heavy duty single deck buses instead of this streetlites rubbish, which will fall apart by 8 years.does anyone know the bus life is on streetlites.the Merck’s I would imagine GNE will wan 20 years from them as they are higher spec

I'm not a fan of Streetlites, I've commented multiple times stating that for heavy duty work, companies should be buying more powerful vehicles. However, for the vast majority of work GNE allocate Streetlites to, they're absolutely fine. To say they'll only last 8 years is ridiculous. They're not lasting as long as B10BLEs, L94s, or Citaros, but that was never what they were designed to do. They were designed for light city/town work. 
(23 Jan 2018, 9:43 pm)S813 FVK No harm in trying. After the 3 Solos due to arrive later in the year, I imagine Optare will not see further business from Go North East for a number of years.

They've pretty much standardised on Wright now, I'd say (if indeed it is them trying to secure sales) it's a pretty fruitless move. Don't see GNE moving away from a company they obviously trust.
mb134
23 Jan 2018, 9:52 pm #295

(23 Jan 2018, 9:41 pm)Northern4555 I wish GNE would purchase proper heavy duty single deck buses instead of this streetlites rubbish, which will fall apart by 8 years.does anyone know the bus life is on streetlites.the Merck’s I would imagine GNE will wan 20 years from them as they are higher spec

I'm not a fan of Streetlites, I've commented multiple times stating that for heavy duty work, companies should be buying more powerful vehicles. However, for the vast majority of work GNE allocate Streetlites to, they're absolutely fine. To say they'll only last 8 years is ridiculous. They're not lasting as long as B10BLEs, L94s, or Citaros, but that was never what they were designed to do. They were designed for light city/town work. 
(23 Jan 2018, 9:43 pm)S813 FVK No harm in trying. After the 3 Solos due to arrive later in the year, I imagine Optare will not see further business from Go North East for a number of years.

They've pretty much standardised on Wright now, I'd say (if indeed it is them trying to secure sales) it's a pretty fruitless move. Don't see GNE moving away from a company they obviously trust.

Michael

23 Jan 2018, 9:57 pm #296
(23 Jan 2018, 9:52 pm)mb134 They've pretty much standardised on Wright now, I'd say (if indeed it is them trying to secure sales) it's a pretty fruitless move. Don't see GNE moving away from a company they obviously trust.

The 3 Solo's are for the 40/40A/40B and the Chester locals, think it was said they would arrive in middle of the year.

But i agree, after that i can't see anymore being ordered.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Jan 2018, 9:57 pm #296

(23 Jan 2018, 9:52 pm)mb134 They've pretty much standardised on Wright now, I'd say (if indeed it is them trying to secure sales) it's a pretty fruitless move. Don't see GNE moving away from a company they obviously trust.

The 3 Solo's are for the 40/40A/40B and the Chester locals, think it was said they would arrive in middle of the year.

But i agree, after that i can't see anymore being ordered.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

23 Jan 2018, 10:16 pm #297
(23 Jan 2018, 9:39 pm)ne14ne1 At 08:40 this morning Fab56 6094 pulled up at Gateshead Hills St and terminated due to a smashed rear window. Everyone disembarked onto an Angel21 a minute later.

Looked like a wingmirror of another bus went through the back window.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
23 Jan 2018, 10:16 pm #297

(23 Jan 2018, 9:39 pm)ne14ne1 At 08:40 this morning Fab56 6094 pulled up at Gateshead Hills St and terminated due to a smashed rear window. Everyone disembarked onto an Angel21 a minute later.

Looked like a wingmirror of another bus went through the back window.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Andreos1

23 Jan 2018, 10:26 pm #298

It's costing Optare nowt and gets a vehicle (that's sitting doing nowt) out and about.

It's something car manufacturers have done for years.

If it wins some business from GNE - brilliant.
If not, they try something else.

Andreos1
23 Jan 2018, 10:26 pm #298

It's costing Optare nowt and gets a vehicle (that's sitting doing nowt) out and about.

It's something car manufacturers have done for years.

If it wins some business from GNE - brilliant.
If not, they try something else.

Dan

Site Administrator

24 Jan 2018, 7:19 am #299
(20 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm)cbma06 I think the last 2 wernt going to be in angel livery, 6332 might be the same promotion as 6100?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(20 Jan 2018, 7:02 pm)S813 FVK Correct. 6332 and 6333 are the spares. However, their liveries were shown as 'TBC' on our fleet list which was certainly an indication that they wouldn't be in the corporate livery.

6332 should receive its promotional livery next Tuesday, all being well, having been measured up yesterday.

It will be a different marketing campaign to 6100 (indeed the trained eye may notice it's a slightly different shade of blue paint used) - this one will be to promote the ability to "Pay the quick way" on Go North East's bus services with contactless payments.

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/item.php?operatorF=2&fleetnoF=6332
Dan
24 Jan 2018, 7:19 am #299

(20 Jan 2018, 6:02 pm)cbma06 I think the last 2 wernt going to be in angel livery, 6332 might be the same promotion as 6100?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(20 Jan 2018, 7:02 pm)S813 FVK Correct. 6332 and 6333 are the spares. However, their liveries were shown as 'TBC' on our fleet list which was certainly an indication that they wouldn't be in the corporate livery.

6332 should receive its promotional livery next Tuesday, all being well, having been measured up yesterday.

It will be a different marketing campaign to 6100 (indeed the trained eye may notice it's a slightly different shade of blue paint used) - this one will be to promote the ability to "Pay the quick way" on Go North East's bus services with contactless payments.

Michael

24 Jan 2018, 6:36 pm #300
(24 Jan 2018, 7:19 am)Dan 6332 should receive its promotional livery next Tuesday, all being well, having been measured up yesterday.

Will 6333 be "Night Angel?"
Edited 24 Jan 2018, 6:36 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Jan 2018, 6:36 pm #300

(24 Jan 2018, 7:19 am)Dan 6332 should receive its promotional livery next Tuesday, all being well, having been measured up yesterday.

Will 6333 be "Night Angel?"

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (21) Previous 114 15 1621 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average