Menu

North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates What can we do to improve NEB?

What can we do to improve NEB?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Adrian

20 Apr 2018, 8:07 pm #21
Aside from the forum theme, which I think we can note the points and look at what we can do with them, how else would you answer the question?

Answers on a postcard (or reply!) Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 Apr 2018, 8:07 pm #21

Aside from the forum theme, which I think we can note the points and look at what we can do with them, how else would you answer the question?

Answers on a postcard (or reply!) Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

James101

21 Apr 2018, 4:28 am #22
The forum currently is generally statement of facts. Which in itself is great, NEB is a great news source. What I’d like to see more of is more opinion based discussion - as long as it’s qualified and mature - (I.e. not just moaning about Streetlites on the basis you can make a [not]funny out of it’s name.

I liked reading user’s bus bashing reviews, which has died off these days. There’s a wealth of knowledge between us, perhaps user’s could contribute artictles on subjects such as history of a particular model, development of service infrastructure in a particular town or  infornation on new technology in buses.
James101
21 Apr 2018, 4:28 am #22

The forum currently is generally statement of facts. Which in itself is great, NEB is a great news source. What I’d like to see more of is more opinion based discussion - as long as it’s qualified and mature - (I.e. not just moaning about Streetlites on the basis you can make a [not]funny out of it’s name.

I liked reading user’s bus bashing reviews, which has died off these days. There’s a wealth of knowledge between us, perhaps user’s could contribute artictles on subjects such as history of a particular model, development of service infrastructure in a particular town or  infornation on new technology in buses.

Andreos1

21 Apr 2018, 6:39 am #23
(21 Apr 2018, 4:28 am)James101 The forum currently is generally statement of facts. Which in itself is great, NEB is a great news source. What I’d like to see more of is more opinion based discussion - as long as it’s qualified and mature - (I.e. not just moaning about Streetlites on the basis you can make a [not]funny out of it’s name.

One of my bugbears is the general lack of discussion or debate on the forum these days.

However, I appreciate the others may not come on for those things and just simply want to get to know about bus XYZ or route 123 or don't want to read what they perceive as drawn out arguments.

I'm not sure how it can be fixed, so that both camps can be kept happy.

I do think it is the responsibility of those who want that discussion, to instigate it and try to form a meaningful one, but do get that it can be tedious discussing a range of things with the same people over and over again, without interaction from others.

I can think of maybe 4, maximum of 5 people who enter a discussion in various parts of the forum, on at least a semi-regular basis - yourself included.
For a forum that contains quite a proportion more people, to me, that indicates that there will always be that struggle.

For those who write or wrote regular bus bashing reviews, I see little point in them doing any more. There was never any guarantee it would be read or points discussed/acknowledged - however good it was.
Edited 21 Apr 2018, 6:50 am by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Apr 2018, 6:39 am #23

(21 Apr 2018, 4:28 am)James101 The forum currently is generally statement of facts. Which in itself is great, NEB is a great news source. What I’d like to see more of is more opinion based discussion - as long as it’s qualified and mature - (I.e. not just moaning about Streetlites on the basis you can make a [not]funny out of it’s name.

One of my bugbears is the general lack of discussion or debate on the forum these days.

However, I appreciate the others may not come on for those things and just simply want to get to know about bus XYZ or route 123 or don't want to read what they perceive as drawn out arguments.

I'm not sure how it can be fixed, so that both camps can be kept happy.

I do think it is the responsibility of those who want that discussion, to instigate it and try to form a meaningful one, but do get that it can be tedious discussing a range of things with the same people over and over again, without interaction from others.

I can think of maybe 4, maximum of 5 people who enter a discussion in various parts of the forum, on at least a semi-regular basis - yourself included.
For a forum that contains quite a proportion more people, to me, that indicates that there will always be that struggle.

For those who write or wrote regular bus bashing reviews, I see little point in them doing any more. There was never any guarantee it would be read or points discussed/acknowledged - however good it was.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average