Menu

Pages (2)    1 2
BusLoverMum   25 Jul 2021, 12:18 pm
Well we made it. Definitely more than 10 buses and some real treats.
streetdeckfan   25 Jul 2021, 12:47 pm
Having seen a couple of pictures posted of the Scania Fencer, I still think it looks bloody awful. Plus, those wheel arches are horrific.

Maybe it'll look alright with a livery on it, but I'm not sure.
BusLoverMum   25 Jul 2021, 1:20 pm
The wheels look massive, even without the statement arches.

It was nice seeing it parked next to one of the first omnicities, though.
streetdeckfan   25 Jul 2021, 1:46 pm
(25 Jul 2021, 1:20 pm)BusLoverMum wrote The wheels look massive, even without the statement arches.

It was nice seeing it parked next to one of the first omnicities, though.

I've always been a fan of how the Omnicitys look tbh, and despite how much I complain about the OmniDekkas, I've always liked the look of them as well.

The only thing that I don't like about them is the rectangular headlights that look like they've just been screwed on
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rapidsnap   25 Jul 2021, 7:17 pm
I'm also on the Fence with the Scania Fencer. The interior towards the rear is claustrophobic especially without the rear window. Destination blind at the front looks too shallow too.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
TEN 6083   25 Jul 2021, 8:44 pm
Apparently some children were causing problems at Riverside earlier, I didn’t see anything as I wasn’t there long. This is what one of my Facebook friends shared

[Image: bab0a256ad577cab4f039a7ff9fc1552.jpg]

Incidents like this could result in events like this not being held in future due to the minority of people who choose to do things like this.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
Rapidsnap   25 Jul 2021, 9:04 pm
If they ever hold an event again in future, they probably have to ensure no children under the age of 14 to be allowed in without an adult.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
streetdeckfan   25 Jul 2021, 9:05 pm
(25 Jul 2021, 7:17 pm)Rapidsnap wrote I'm also on the Fence with the Scania Fencer. The interior towards the rear is claustrophobic especially without the rear window. Destination blind at the front looks too shallow too.

Yeah, especially with the seats being so high you won't get a good view out the side windows either.
Looks like they decided to go with the leg burners rather than blow air heating.

Overall, from what I've seen of the interior I'm not that impressed. Looking at the dimensions it seems it's about 10cm wider and 10cm taller than a Streetlite, but to me the Streetlite looks more spacious. Having said that, I haven't tried the Fencer out, it could just be down to the photo.

Agree about the destination blind as well, it doesn't even look like there's room to fit one of GNE's standard Hanover units.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Pages (2)    1 2