Menu

North East Buses The Site Problems & Suggestions Posting Issues

Posting Issues

Posting Issues

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (9): 1 2 39 Next
Kuyoyo

26 Jun 2014, 9:14 pm #1
Having problems posting this evening. The only thing I can post from is my iPad. All posts using IE or Chrome have been coming up with 'Undefined' as replies. Any ideas?
Kuyoyo
26 Jun 2014, 9:14 pm #1

Having problems posting this evening. The only thing I can post from is my iPad. All posts using IE or Chrome have been coming up with 'Undefined' as replies. Any ideas?

Andreos1

26 Jun 2014, 9:20 pm #2
(26 Jun 2014, 9:14 pm)Kuyoyo Having problems posting this evening. The only thing I can post from is my iPad. All posts using IE or Chrome have been coming up with 'Undefined' as replies. Any ideas?

Posting on Chrome now on laptop and posted earlier using IE 11 on phone.

Not everyone will be using Safari, so there must be issues somewhere.
Edited 26 Jun 2014, 9:21 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
26 Jun 2014, 9:20 pm #2

(26 Jun 2014, 9:14 pm)Kuyoyo Having problems posting this evening. The only thing I can post from is my iPad. All posts using IE or Chrome have been coming up with 'Undefined' as replies. Any ideas?

Posting on Chrome now on laptop and posted earlier using IE 11 on phone.

Not everyone will be using Safari, so there must be issues somewhere.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Dan

Site Administrator

26 Jun 2014, 10:35 pm #3
I'm managing fine on Chrome.

Have you tried the usual cache malarkey?
Dan
26 Jun 2014, 10:35 pm #3

I'm managing fine on Chrome.

Kuyoyo

26 Jun 2014, 10:55 pm #4
(26 Jun 2014, 10:35 pm)Dan I'm managing fine on Chrome.

Done that - and nothing. Still can't post using Internet Explorer or Chorme. So it's not a fault at my end because this isn't the only forum I can't post to from IE or Chorme , and funny enough it uses the same software as this.
Kuyoyo
26 Jun 2014, 10:55 pm #4

(26 Jun 2014, 10:35 pm)Dan I'm managing fine on Chrome.

Done that - and nothing. Still can't post using Internet Explorer or Chorme. So it's not a fault at my end because this isn't the only forum I can't post to from IE or Chorme , and funny enough it uses the same software as this.

park5354

26 Jun 2014, 11:15 pm #5
(26 Jun 2014, 10:55 pm)Kuyoyo Done that - and nothing. Still can't post using Internet Explorer or Chorme. So it's not a fault at my end because this isn't the only forum I can't post to from IE or Chorme , and funny enough it uses the same software as this.

I have had this 'undefined' thing on Google Chrome for at least 2 months.

No problem if I use safari on my Ipad. STRANGE !!
park5354
26 Jun 2014, 11:15 pm #5

(26 Jun 2014, 10:55 pm)Kuyoyo Done that - and nothing. Still can't post using Internet Explorer or Chorme. So it's not a fault at my end because this isn't the only forum I can't post to from IE or Chorme , and funny enough it uses the same software as this.

I have had this 'undefined' thing on Google Chrome for at least 2 months.

Adrian

26 Jun 2014, 11:36 pm #6
What versions of Chrome and on which operating system? Could you upload a screenshot ?

I use Chrome on both my mobile and Win8 desktop without any issues.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
26 Jun 2014, 11:36 pm #6

What versions of Chrome and on which operating system? Could you upload a screenshot ?

Kuyoyo

27 Jun 2014, 9:17 am #7
(26 Jun 2014, 11:36 pm)aureolin What versions of Chrome and on which operating system? Could you upload a screenshot ?

Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome version 34.0.1847.116. The issue is that it's only forums that run off the myBB software that I can't post to off my laptop, even after clearing caches - all other sites I can post to, which suggests to me that it is a fault with the software not my browsers or connection considering....

(26 Jun 2014, 11:15 pm)park5354 I have had this 'undefined' thing on Google Chrome for at least 2 months.

Edited 27 Jun 2014, 9:19 am by Kuyoyo.
Kuyoyo
27 Jun 2014, 9:17 am #7

(26 Jun 2014, 11:36 pm)aureolin What versions of Chrome and on which operating system? Could you upload a screenshot ?

Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome version 34.0.1847.116. The issue is that it's only forums that run off the myBB software that I can't post to off my laptop, even after clearing caches - all other sites I can post to, which suggests to me that it is a fault with the software not my browsers or connection considering....

(26 Jun 2014, 11:15 pm)park5354 I have had this 'undefined' thing on Google Chrome for at least 2 months.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jun 2014, 9:29 am #8
(27 Jun 2014, 9:17 am)Kuyoyo Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome version 34.0.1847.116. The issue is that it's only forums that run off the myBB software that I can't post to off my laptop, even after clearing caches - all other sites I can post to, which suggests to me that it is a fault with the software not my browsers or connection considering....

That version of Chrome is outdated.
I'm running 35.0.1916.153 and can post perfectly fine on Google Chrome (and indeed this has been posted from Google Chrome).

The fact that it's not a universal fault from all members makes me think that it's not something to do with the myBB forum software.
Dan
27 Jun 2014, 9:29 am #8

(27 Jun 2014, 9:17 am)Kuyoyo Internet Explorer 11 and Chrome version 34.0.1847.116. The issue is that it's only forums that run off the myBB software that I can't post to off my laptop, even after clearing caches - all other sites I can post to, which suggests to me that it is a fault with the software not my browsers or connection considering....

That version of Chrome is outdated.
I'm running 35.0.1916.153 and can post perfectly fine on Google Chrome (and indeed this has been posted from Google Chrome).

The fact that it's not a universal fault from all members makes me think that it's not something to do with the myBB forum software.

Kuyoyo

27 Jun 2014, 9:35 am #9
(27 Jun 2014, 9:29 am)Dan That version of Chrome is outdated.

Well, if that is your attitude - sod you all and sod this forum. This is my last post on here.

GOODBYE!!!!!!!
Kuyoyo
27 Jun 2014, 9:35 am #9

Well, if that is your attitude - sod you all and sod this forum. This is my last post on here.

GOODBYE!!!!!!!

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jun 2014, 9:55 am #10
(27 Jun 2014, 9:35 am)Kuyoyo Well, if that is your attitude - sod you all and sod this forum. This is my last post on here.

GOODBYE!!!!!!!

Eh..? What's with that reaction?

I only advised you that your version of Chrome is outdated and this is perhaps the reason why you're having difficulties!
Dan
27 Jun 2014, 9:55 am #10

(27 Jun 2014, 9:35 am)Kuyoyo Well, if that is your attitude - sod you all and sod this forum. This is my last post on here.

GOODBYE!!!!!!!

Eh..? What's with that reaction?

I only advised you that your version of Chrome is outdated and this is perhaps the reason why you're having difficulties!

Adrian

27 Jun 2014, 10:05 am #11

GOODBYE!!!!!!!
Ok, so swiftly avoiding the toys being thrown out the pram for no apparent reason...

I've tested in the same version of Chrome as Dan, and in IE11 on a 64-bit version of Windows 8, and can't replicate the issue. A screenshot would be useful, but failing that, does running IE with the -extoff switch make a difference?

Adrian
27 Jun 2014, 10:05 am #11

GOODBYE!!!!!!!
Ok, so swiftly avoiding the toys being thrown out the pram for no apparent reason...

I've tested in the same version of Chrome as Dan, and in IE11 on a 64-bit version of Windows 8, and can't replicate the issue. A screenshot would be useful, but failing that, does running IE with the -extoff switch make a difference?

Malarkey

27 Jun 2014, 1:38 pm #12
(27 Jun 2014, 9:55 am)Dan Eh..? What's with that reaction?

Other what you have stated Dan, I think it's clearly obvious he has so much shite stored on his Computer which maybe causing it to Run slow, think what Kuyoyo fails to Realise is Image Files take up a load storage space on a Computer, I had the same problem a few weeks back when I a backlog of Photos to Upload, and a shed load Music Files and Programs on my Computer which simply were not needed, now that I have cleared that all up, Chrome is working perfectly fine for me.

NANA NA NA NANA NA NA HEYY HEYY GOODBYE, NANA NA NA NANA NA NA HEYY HEYY GOODBYE KUYOYO.

#HumourOnNEB
#SingingOnNEB
#HashtagsOnNEB
Malarkey
27 Jun 2014, 1:38 pm #12

(27 Jun 2014, 9:55 am)Dan Eh..? What's with that reaction?

Other what you have stated Dan, I think it's clearly obvious he has so much shite stored on his Computer which maybe causing it to Run slow, think what Kuyoyo fails to Realise is Image Files take up a load storage space on a Computer, I had the same problem a few weeks back when I a backlog of Photos to Upload, and a shed load Music Files and Programs on my Computer which simply were not needed, now that I have cleared that all up, Chrome is working perfectly fine for me.

NANA NA NA NANA NA NA HEYY HEYY GOODBYE, NANA NA NA NANA NA NA HEYY HEYY GOODBYE KUYOYO.

#HumourOnNEB
#SingingOnNEB
#HashtagsOnNEB

Adrian

27 Jun 2014, 4:21 pm #13
I don't think it's anything to do with disk space. I'm quite curious what it is though if it's affecting more than one person.

Adrian
27 Jun 2014, 4:21 pm #13

I don't think it's anything to do with disk space. I'm quite curious what it is though if it's affecting more than one person.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jun 2014, 4:23 pm #14
(27 Jun 2014, 4:21 pm)aureolin I don't think it's anything to do with disk space. I'm quite curious what it is though if it's affecting more than one person.

Indeed - I've got 18,148 photographs stored on my laptop (totalling 100GB), yet I've had no issues.
Dan
27 Jun 2014, 4:23 pm #14

(27 Jun 2014, 4:21 pm)aureolin I don't think it's anything to do with disk space. I'm quite curious what it is though if it's affecting more than one person.

Indeed - I've got 18,148 photographs stored on my laptop (totalling 100GB), yet I've had no issues.

Malarkey

27 Jun 2014, 5:19 pm #15
(27 Jun 2014, 4:23 pm)Dan Indeed - I've got 18,148 photographs stored on my laptop (totalling 100GB), yet I've had no issues.

No idea then could be anything for all we know, I would laugh if he was simply just having a few problems with the Internet in the Area where he lives.

Dan is that 18,148 Overall Photos you have taken, or ones you still have to upload from trips out etc.
Malarkey
27 Jun 2014, 5:19 pm #15

(27 Jun 2014, 4:23 pm)Dan Indeed - I've got 18,148 photographs stored on my laptop (totalling 100GB), yet I've had no issues.

No idea then could be anything for all we know, I would laugh if he was simply just having a few problems with the Internet in the Area where he lives.

Dan is that 18,148 Overall Photos you have taken, or ones you still have to upload from trips out etc.

Dan

Site Administrator

27 Jun 2014, 5:32 pm #16
(27 Jun 2014, 5:19 pm)NEBCD Malarkey No idea then could be anything for all we know, I would laugh if he was simply just having a few problems with the Internet in the Area where he lives.

I'm totally up to date with my photos now Adam, minus a few from yesterday and today which I'm uploading now.

Anyone who has been with me when I've been taking photos will know that I go in 'paparazzi mode' to take photos, and I keep on pressing the shutter release to ensure that the destination display comes out on at least one photo.

On Flickr, I've only got 7,300 photos. I know that I have got 2,900 archive photos too. The remaining 8000 photos will be made up of personal photos, but the majority will be from duplicate photos I took in 2013. Last year I just took as many photos as possible and then before going out again for my next trip out, I'd transfer them to my laptop so I'd have a clean memory card again.

I'm a little better at 'deleting dupes on the go' now - I still go into 'paparazzi mode', but I use my time travelling on the buses to actually go through my photos and delete any duplicates.

I've amassed such a large amount of archive photos because I always seemingly photograph the same buses all of the time. For example, I must have at least twenty photographs of GNE's 628 in my archives - simply because I always photograph it. I upload loads of photos as it is, so I just bang any in the archives that I've already got quite a few photos of that are online.
Dan
27 Jun 2014, 5:32 pm #16

(27 Jun 2014, 5:19 pm)NEBCD Malarkey No idea then could be anything for all we know, I would laugh if he was simply just having a few problems with the Internet in the Area where he lives.

I'm totally up to date with my photos now Adam, minus a few from yesterday and today which I'm uploading now.

Anyone who has been with me when I've been taking photos will know that I go in 'paparazzi mode' to take photos, and I keep on pressing the shutter release to ensure that the destination display comes out on at least one photo.

On Flickr, I've only got 7,300 photos. I know that I have got 2,900 archive photos too. The remaining 8000 photos will be made up of personal photos, but the majority will be from duplicate photos I took in 2013. Last year I just took as many photos as possible and then before going out again for my next trip out, I'd transfer them to my laptop so I'd have a clean memory card again.

I'm a little better at 'deleting dupes on the go' now - I still go into 'paparazzi mode', but I use my time travelling on the buses to actually go through my photos and delete any duplicates.

I've amassed such a large amount of archive photos because I always seemingly photograph the same buses all of the time. For example, I must have at least twenty photographs of GNE's 628 in my archives - simply because I always photograph it. I upload loads of photos as it is, so I just bang any in the archives that I've already got quite a few photos of that are online.

DanPicken

Banned

27 Jun 2014, 6:40 pm #17

GOODBYE!!!!!!!

Rage mode activatied https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqrVl4MwWpg u mad?TongueTongue
DanPicken
27 Jun 2014, 6:40 pm #17

GOODBYE!!!!!!!

Rage mode activatied https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqrVl4MwWpg u mad?TongueTongue

Adrian

27 Jun 2014, 6:51 pm #18
(27 Jun 2014, 5:32 pm)Dan I'm totally up to date with my photos now Adam, minus a few from yesterday and today which I'm uploading now.

It's far top easy to go into paparazzi mode with a good DSLR isn't it? Tongue I'm the same. I took in excess of 600 photos at the Metro Centre rally for example, but probably only uploaded 1/6 of them.

Adrian
27 Jun 2014, 6:51 pm #18

(27 Jun 2014, 5:32 pm)Dan I'm totally up to date with my photos now Adam, minus a few from yesterday and today which I'm uploading now.

It's far top easy to go into paparazzi mode with a good DSLR isn't it? Tongue I'm the same. I took in excess of 600 photos at the Metro Centre rally for example, but probably only uploaded 1/6 of them.

27 Jun 2014, 6:55 pm #19

GOODBYE!!!!!!!

I don't think there's any real need for you to just attack people - Dan was just giving advice.
R852 PRG
27 Jun 2014, 6:55 pm #19

GOODBYE!!!!!!!

I don't think there's any real need for you to just attack people - Dan was just giving advice.

MurdnunoC

28 Jun 2014, 6:58 am #20

I have the same updated version of Chrome and I can't say that I've ever experienced any problems using the site.

GOODBYE!!!!!!!

Oh dear...
Edited 28 Jun 2014, 6:58 am by MurdnunoC.
MurdnunoC
28 Jun 2014, 6:58 am #20

I have the same updated version of Chrome and I can't say that I've ever experienced any problems using the site.

GOODBYE!!!!!!!

Oh dear...

Pages (9): 1 2 39 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average