Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average

Pages (180): Previous 1177 178 179 180 Next
Storx

12 Feb 2024, 8:43 pm #3,541
(12 Feb 2024, 8:23 pm)solsburian Unfortunately West Moor also gets choked during the peaks too. The whole thing is a mess.

Ah didn't realise it was still bad through there, I know it can sometimes be bad by the council yard. It is a mess mind, I kind of actually feel sorry for Arriva as they're stuck in rut in what they can realistically do without adding more resources and let's be honest why should they for council incompetence.
Storx
12 Feb 2024, 8:43 pm #3,541

(12 Feb 2024, 8:23 pm)solsburian Unfortunately West Moor also gets choked during the peaks too. The whole thing is a mess.

Ah didn't realise it was still bad through there, I know it can sometimes be bad by the council yard. It is a mess mind, I kind of actually feel sorry for Arriva as they're stuck in rut in what they can realistically do without adding more resources and let's be honest why should they for council incompetence.

Shrek

12 Feb 2024, 8:57 pm #3,542
(12 Feb 2024, 8:43 pm)Storx Ah didn't realise it was still bad through there, I know it can sometimes be bad by the council yard. It is a mess mind, I kind of actually feel sorry for Arriva as they're stuck in rut in what they can realistically do without adding more resources and let's be honest why should they for council incompetence.

If only the council had put a bus lane down Great Lime Road onto the Sandy Lane Roundabout. It would've been an easy win for public transport.
Shrek
12 Feb 2024, 8:57 pm #3,542

(12 Feb 2024, 8:43 pm)Storx Ah didn't realise it was still bad through there, I know it can sometimes be bad by the council yard. It is a mess mind, I kind of actually feel sorry for Arriva as they're stuck in rut in what they can realistically do without adding more resources and let's be honest why should they for council incompetence.

If only the council had put a bus lane down Great Lime Road onto the Sandy Lane Roundabout. It would've been an easy win for public transport.

mb134

12 Feb 2024, 8:57 pm #3,543
(12 Feb 2024, 5:31 pm)Storx Not surprised to see the X7 and X8 on there, the timetable is an absolute shambles still around this time pretty much every night, especially Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I know it'll remove the new bus stops near Miller and Carter but they really need to pull them off the A189 / Killingworth Way and avoid Sandy Lane Roundabouts. It's much quicker to go via Killingworth nowadays and demand changes for them to re serve it (ie. bus gate off Great Lime Road).

No doubt they'll change the times by 2 minutes or something again which won't do the bot of difference.

Looking at tracking, they seem to get stuck in the section between the Miller and Carter roundabout and the Sandy Lane roundabout in the PM peak for some time. Could the road past Dobbies not have been converted into a bus gate at the northern end (rather than totally closing off access to the roundabout) with traffic signals? They'd only need to change to green 4x per hour, and only for a few seconds at most, so would have minimal impact on the traffic flow from the rest of the roundabout.
mb134
12 Feb 2024, 8:57 pm #3,543

(12 Feb 2024, 5:31 pm)Storx Not surprised to see the X7 and X8 on there, the timetable is an absolute shambles still around this time pretty much every night, especially Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.

I know it'll remove the new bus stops near Miller and Carter but they really need to pull them off the A189 / Killingworth Way and avoid Sandy Lane Roundabouts. It's much quicker to go via Killingworth nowadays and demand changes for them to re serve it (ie. bus gate off Great Lime Road).

No doubt they'll change the times by 2 minutes or something again which won't do the bot of difference.

Looking at tracking, they seem to get stuck in the section between the Miller and Carter roundabout and the Sandy Lane roundabout in the PM peak for some time. Could the road past Dobbies not have been converted into a bus gate at the northern end (rather than totally closing off access to the roundabout) with traffic signals? They'd only need to change to green 4x per hour, and only for a few seconds at most, so would have minimal impact on the traffic flow from the rest of the roundabout.

12 Feb 2024, 9:18 pm #3,544
(12 Feb 2024, 8:57 pm)mb134 Looking at tracking, they seem to get stuck in the section between the Miller and Carter roundabout and the Sandy Lane roundabout in the PM peak for some time. Could the road past Dobbies not have been converted into a bus gate at the northern end (rather than totally closing off access to the roundabout) with traffic signals? They'd only need to change to green 4x per hour, and only for a few seconds at most, so would have minimal impact on the traffic flow from the rest of the roundabout.
That would be a big help. I might be wrong but I think that was dismissed during the planning stages.

Of course a proper flyover would be the best solution, but I have a better chance of winning the lottery.
solsburian
12 Feb 2024, 9:18 pm #3,544

(12 Feb 2024, 8:57 pm)mb134 Looking at tracking, they seem to get stuck in the section between the Miller and Carter roundabout and the Sandy Lane roundabout in the PM peak for some time. Could the road past Dobbies not have been converted into a bus gate at the northern end (rather than totally closing off access to the roundabout) with traffic signals? They'd only need to change to green 4x per hour, and only for a few seconds at most, so would have minimal impact on the traffic flow from the rest of the roundabout.
That would be a big help. I might be wrong but I think that was dismissed during the planning stages.

Of course a proper flyover would be the best solution, but I have a better chance of winning the lottery.

Storx

12 Feb 2024, 9:26 pm #3,545
(12 Feb 2024, 8:57 pm)Shrek If only the council had put a bus lane down Great Lime Road onto the Sandy Lane Roundabout. It would've been an easy win for public transport.

Aye agreed with the bus gate, mentioned it a few times. There's quite a few nuisance areas though other than there though. The map below probably explains it better for those who don't know the route but all the red areas can easily add 10 minutes on each then you lose another 5 on the orange areas. 

It's why it's common for the buses to be 30 minutes late with massive gaps heading into Newcastle as everything is just stuck which is a problem when it's one of the main buses from Quorum. Mind the traffic hasn't been as bad since Christmas, seems like people are rat running elsewhere.

Moor Farm is the problem though as it's all caused by people rat running cutting the corner off, fix that and most the problems there should be gone but there's no chance of that happening any time soon.
Edited 12 Feb 2024, 9:29 pm by Storx.
Storx
12 Feb 2024, 9:26 pm #3,545

(12 Feb 2024, 8:57 pm)Shrek If only the council had put a bus lane down Great Lime Road onto the Sandy Lane Roundabout. It would've been an easy win for public transport.

Aye agreed with the bus gate, mentioned it a few times. There's quite a few nuisance areas though other than there though. The map below probably explains it better for those who don't know the route but all the red areas can easily add 10 minutes on each then you lose another 5 on the orange areas. 

It's why it's common for the buses to be 30 minutes late with massive gaps heading into Newcastle as everything is just stuck which is a problem when it's one of the main buses from Quorum. Mind the traffic hasn't been as bad since Christmas, seems like people are rat running elsewhere.

Moor Farm is the problem though as it's all caused by people rat running cutting the corner off, fix that and most the problems there should be gone but there's no chance of that happening any time soon.

mb134

12 Feb 2024, 9:40 pm #3,546
(12 Feb 2024, 9:18 pm)solsburian That would be a big help. I might be wrong but I think that was dismissed during the planning stages.

(12 Feb 2024, 9:26 pm)Storx Aye agreed with the bus gate, mentioned it a few times. There's quite a few nuisance areas though other than there though. The map below probably explains it better for those who don't know the route but all the red areas can easily add 10 minutes on each then you lose another 5 on the orange areas. 

Looking at that map, a bus gate into the estate in the same section as Miller and Carter would have helped massively too with the advantage of giving the residents a closer bus stop too. 

In terms of South Gosforth, is running it via Gosforth High Street and down like the 54/354 an option?
mb134
12 Feb 2024, 9:40 pm #3,546

(12 Feb 2024, 9:18 pm)solsburian That would be a big help. I might be wrong but I think that was dismissed during the planning stages.

(12 Feb 2024, 9:26 pm)Storx Aye agreed with the bus gate, mentioned it a few times. There's quite a few nuisance areas though other than there though. The map below probably explains it better for those who don't know the route but all the red areas can easily add 10 minutes on each then you lose another 5 on the orange areas. 

Looking at that map, a bus gate into the estate in the same section as Miller and Carter would have helped massively too with the advantage of giving the residents a closer bus stop too. 

In terms of South Gosforth, is running it via Gosforth High Street and down like the 54/354 an option?

12 Feb 2024, 9:44 pm #3,547
Traffic past the council offices is not as bad as people think or feel the 342 for example the max it waits stuck in traffic is 4mins

However diverting the buses off towards great lime road but then take a left turn and round the loop over the railway crossing (serving the community where the nexus secured bus used to operate) people can still walk to connect to miller and Carter estates etc ) over the crossing then onto the road to burradon leave the X9 and X10 to serve miller and Carter roads

Alternatively change the X7 route completely

As normal from Newcastle to Quaroum then Great lime Road left and around the loop past the station pub and over the railway crossing into Killing worth (northern loop) so passengers for Burradon can get off and walk under the underpass to the industrial estate ) the bus continues to killingworth Bus Station then back out and right under the A19 and on the back road to Seghill and continue on its route it would also create new links from Killingworth to Seghill
Edited 12 Feb 2024, 9:50 pm by DaveFromUpNorth.
DaveFromUpNorth
12 Feb 2024, 9:44 pm #3,547

Traffic past the council offices is not as bad as people think or feel the 342 for example the max it waits stuck in traffic is 4mins

However diverting the buses off towards great lime road but then take a left turn and round the loop over the railway crossing (serving the community where the nexus secured bus used to operate) people can still walk to connect to miller and Carter estates etc ) over the crossing then onto the road to burradon leave the X9 and X10 to serve miller and Carter roads

As normal from Newcastle to Quaroum then Great lime Road left and around the loop past the station pub and over the railway crossing into Killing worth (northern loop) so passengers for Burradon can get off and walk under the underpass to the industrial estate ) the bus continues to killingworth Bus Station then back out and right under the A19 and on the back road to Seghill and continue on its route it would also create new links from Killingworth to Seghill

Storx

12 Feb 2024, 10:18 pm #3,548
(12 Feb 2024, 9:40 pm)mb134 Looking at that map, a bus gate into the estate in the same section as Miller and Carter would have helped massively too with the advantage of giving the residents a closer bus stop too. 

It's just as bad by Church Road and Station Road, used to horrific that way at peak times.

(12 Feb 2024, 9:44 pm)DaveFromUpNorth Traffic past the council offices is not as bad as people think or feel the 342 for example the max it waits stuck in traffic is 4mins

As normal from Newcastle to Quaroum then Great lime Road left and around the loop past the station pub and over the railway crossing into  Killing worth (northern loop) so passengers for Burradon can get off and walk under the underpass to the industrial estate ) the bus continues to killingworth Bus Station then back out and right under the A19 and on the back road to Seghill and continue on its route it would also create new links from Killingworth to Seghill

Only the X8, goes that way btw, sounds a bit long winded that for the X7 and we don't approve detours as Arriva learnt last time. There's very very vocal councillors around here who would kick up a fuss. Killingworth Way towards Killingworth is really going down the pan aswell lately, annoyingly.

I don't know the solution though tbh, really need a few buses at peak times that run non-stop from Newcastle to Seghill and give it freedom to go multiple ways, I'd assume the Coast Road and A19 would be quickest but with the bus lanes, Gosforth High Street might just pip it but obviously the question is where do the buses come from.
Edited 12 Feb 2024, 10:19 pm by Storx.
Storx
12 Feb 2024, 10:18 pm #3,548

(12 Feb 2024, 9:40 pm)mb134 Looking at that map, a bus gate into the estate in the same section as Miller and Carter would have helped massively too with the advantage of giving the residents a closer bus stop too. 

It's just as bad by Church Road and Station Road, used to horrific that way at peak times.

(12 Feb 2024, 9:44 pm)DaveFromUpNorth Traffic past the council offices is not as bad as people think or feel the 342 for example the max it waits stuck in traffic is 4mins

As normal from Newcastle to Quaroum then Great lime Road left and around the loop past the station pub and over the railway crossing into  Killing worth (northern loop) so passengers for Burradon can get off and walk under the underpass to the industrial estate ) the bus continues to killingworth Bus Station then back out and right under the A19 and on the back road to Seghill and continue on its route it would also create new links from Killingworth to Seghill

Only the X8, goes that way btw, sounds a bit long winded that for the X7 and we don't approve detours as Arriva learnt last time. There's very very vocal councillors around here who would kick up a fuss. Killingworth Way towards Killingworth is really going down the pan aswell lately, annoyingly.

I don't know the solution though tbh, really need a few buses at peak times that run non-stop from Newcastle to Seghill and give it freedom to go multiple ways, I'd assume the Coast Road and A19 would be quickest but with the bus lanes, Gosforth High Street might just pip it but obviously the question is where do the buses come from.

Michael

12 Feb 2024, 10:20 pm #3,549
(12 Feb 2024, 3:28 pm)mb134 There is a timetable, and route, variation for the 306/308 from 24th March. Wild theories incoming...

There are also timetable changes to:
43, 44, 45, X7, X8, X21, X22.

https://bustimes.org/licences/PB0002717 - Arriva Durham

https://bustimes.org/licences/PB0002032 - Arriva Northumbria

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Feb 2024, 10:20 pm #3,549

(12 Feb 2024, 3:28 pm)mb134 There is a timetable, and route, variation for the 306/308 from 24th March. Wild theories incoming...

There are also timetable changes to:
43, 44, 45, X7, X8, X21, X22.

https://bustimes.org/licences/PB0002717 - Arriva Durham

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Storx

12 Feb 2024, 10:37 pm #3,550
(12 Feb 2024, 10:20 pm)Michael https://bustimes.org/licences/PB0002717 - Arriva Durham

X14 - Morpeth to Thropton via via Morpeth

Effective from Sunday 24 March 2024
Revised timetable

X7 - Blyth to Newcastle

Revised Timetable

308 - Blyth to Newcastle

Revised Route and Timetable

X8 - Blyth to Newcastle

Revised Timetable

43 - Newcastle to Morpeth via via Cramlington

Revised timetable

45 - Newcastle to Dinnington

Revised Timetable

44 - Newcastle to Stannington via via Gosforth

Revised timetable

X21 - Newcastle to Newbiggin via Ashington

Revised timetable

X93 - Guisborough to Whitby

Revised Timetable
Operating between Guisborough and Whitby given service number X93 / X94 effective from 24 March 2024. To amend Timetable.

X4 - Whitby to Loftus

Revised Timetable
Operating between Whitby and Loftus given service number X4 / X4A effective from 24 March 2024. To amend Timetable.

P1 - Whitby Park and Ride to Whitby Park and Ride

New Service
Monday to Sunday
To: Whitby Park and Ride
Via:
Name or No.: P1 / P2
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 24 March 2024
Other details: New Service
Monday to Sunday

X93 - Middlesbrough to Guisborough

Revised Timetable
Operating between Middlesbrough and Guisborough given service number X93 / X94 effective from 24 March 2024. To amend Timetable.

X4 - Middlesbrough to Easington

Revised Timetable
Operating between Middlesbrough and Easington given service number X4 / X4A effective from 24 March 2024. To amend Timetable.

X93 - Whitby to Scarborough

Revised Timetable
Operating between Whitby and Scarborough given service number X93 / X94 effective from 24 March 2024. To amend Timetable.

Btw full details for these that's available with the comments, assuming the 308 route change is Tynemouth.
Edited 12 Feb 2024, 10:37 pm by Storx.
Storx
12 Feb 2024, 10:37 pm #3,550

(12 Feb 2024, 10:20 pm)Michael https://bustimes.org/licences/PB0002717 - Arriva Durham

X14 - Morpeth to Thropton via via Morpeth

Revised timetable

X7 - Blyth to Newcastle

Revised Timetable

308 - Blyth to Newcastle

Revised Route and Timetable

X8 - Blyth to Newcastle

Revised Timetable

43 - Newcastle to Morpeth via via Cramlington

Revised timetable

45 - Newcastle to Dinnington

Revised Timetable

44 - Newcastle to Stannington via via Gosforth

Revised timetable

X21 - Newcastle to Newbiggin via Ashington

Revised timetable

X93 - Guisborough to Whitby

Revised Timetable
Operating between Guisborough and Whitby given service number X93 / X94 effective from 24 March 2024. To amend Timetable.

X4 - Whitby to Loftus

Revised Timetable
Operating between Whitby and Loftus given service number X4 / X4A effective from 24 March 2024. To amend Timetable.

P1 - Whitby Park and Ride to Whitby Park and Ride

New Service
Monday to Sunday
To: Whitby Park and Ride
Via:
Name or No.: P1 / P2
Service type: Limited Stop
Effective date: 24 March 2024
Other details: New Service
Monday to Sunday

X93 - Middlesbrough to Guisborough

Revised Timetable
Operating between Middlesbrough and Guisborough given service number X93 / X94 effective from 24 March 2024. To amend Timetable.

X4 - Middlesbrough to Easington

Revised Timetable
Operating between Middlesbrough and Easington given service number X4 / X4A effective from 24 March 2024. To amend Timetable.

X93 - Whitby to Scarborough

Revised Timetable
Operating between Whitby and Scarborough given service number X93 / X94 effective from 24 March 2024. To amend Timetable.

Btw full details for these that's available with the comments, assuming the 308 route change is Tynemouth.

V514DFT

12 Feb 2024, 10:59 pm #3,551
(12 Feb 2024, 7:46 pm)Storx Only the 363/364 done that route, the X24/X25 went direct from Annitsford straight to South Gosforth pretty much. I believe they changed it though as it was quicker the route it goes now - used to be traffic problems in West Moor aswell. It was only after 2016 or so when they pissed about with Sandy Lane which now backs onto the roundabout when it got worse, which miraculously they've made even worse with the traffic lights.

I believe the 52/54 were formed when they went with the absolute crackjack idea of sending the X4/X5 via Gosforth and the Freeman respectively which went down like a lead balloon. I must admit, I never really returned since and always go for a bus or lift to the Metro and in that way instead as it's just as quick. Horrific decision and one they were pretty much forced to do.

The 52 was the 340/342, the 53 - 343/344 and the 54 - 356 before all the pissing about though, guessing you know that though.

The X4/X5 definitely went via Station Road/Northumbrian Way after the 2010 "big shakeup", not forgetting the X6, no idea when it changed after that, i only used it once and it was the X5 that turned up first,it was November 2010

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
12 Feb 2024, 10:59 pm #3,551

(12 Feb 2024, 7:46 pm)Storx Only the 363/364 done that route, the X24/X25 went direct from Annitsford straight to South Gosforth pretty much. I believe they changed it though as it was quicker the route it goes now - used to be traffic problems in West Moor aswell. It was only after 2016 or so when they pissed about with Sandy Lane which now backs onto the roundabout when it got worse, which miraculously they've made even worse with the traffic lights.

I believe the 52/54 were formed when they went with the absolute crackjack idea of sending the X4/X5 via Gosforth and the Freeman respectively which went down like a lead balloon. I must admit, I never really returned since and always go for a bus or lift to the Metro and in that way instead as it's just as quick. Horrific decision and one they were pretty much forced to do.

The 52 was the 340/342, the 53 - 343/344 and the 54 - 356 before all the pissing about though, guessing you know that though.

The X4/X5 definitely went via Station Road/Northumbrian Way after the 2010 "big shakeup", not forgetting the X6, no idea when it changed after that, i only used it once and it was the X5 that turned up first,it was November 2010

Kind Regards
Tez

12 Feb 2024, 11:30 pm #3,552
(12 Feb 2024, 10:18 pm)Storx I don't know the solution though tbh, really need a few buses at peak times that run non-stop from Newcastle to Seghill and give it freedom to go multiple ways, I'd assume the Coast Road and A19 would be quickest but with the bus lanes, Gosforth High Street might just pip it but obviously the question is where do the buses come from.

Oh yes, I'd certainly be all for the resurrection of the X36! Given the fact that the X7 and X8 are stopping at more stops these days, especially in the evenings with Matthew Bank etc., it is probably time they dropped the X prefix on these services.
solsburian
12 Feb 2024, 11:30 pm #3,552

(12 Feb 2024, 10:18 pm)Storx I don't know the solution though tbh, really need a few buses at peak times that run non-stop from Newcastle to Seghill and give it freedom to go multiple ways, I'd assume the Coast Road and A19 would be quickest but with the bus lanes, Gosforth High Street might just pip it but obviously the question is where do the buses come from.

Oh yes, I'd certainly be all for the resurrection of the X36! Given the fact that the X7 and X8 are stopping at more stops these days, especially in the evenings with Matthew Bank etc., it is probably time they dropped the X prefix on these services.

12 Feb 2024, 11:30 pm #3,553
(12 Feb 2024, 10:18 pm)Storx It's just as bad by Church Road and Station Road, used to horrific that way at peak times.

Sorry I get mixed up with the service numbers round there hope you got my drift about the service ... 

But since you mentioned an express you got me thinking...

Newcastle (Xpress) to battlehill (stops in battlehill) stops then up to cobalt up to Northumberland Park Metro then express to Killingworth bus station (creating a fast link) then to Seghill   (reason for stopping at battlehill drive every stop always has passengers )
DaveFromUpNorth
12 Feb 2024, 11:30 pm #3,553

(12 Feb 2024, 10:18 pm)Storx It's just as bad by Church Road and Station Road, used to horrific that way at peak times.

Sorry I get mixed up with the service numbers round there hope you got my drift about the service ... 

But since you mentioned an express you got me thinking...

Newcastle (Xpress) to battlehill (stops in battlehill) stops then up to cobalt up to Northumberland Park Metro then express to Killingworth bus station (creating a fast link) then to Seghill   (reason for stopping at battlehill drive every stop always has passengers )

13 Feb 2024, 10:40 am #3,554
Re: The X8, I have a feeling the changes will be the removal of the late night journeys as they were subsidised.
thw1008
13 Feb 2024, 10:40 am #3,554

Re: The X8, I have a feeling the changes will be the removal of the late night journeys as they were subsidised.

L469 YVK

13 Feb 2024, 10:51 am #3,555
Wonder why the X21 / X22 are changing again despite being changed in January. And no changes registered for the 35.
L469 YVK
13 Feb 2024, 10:51 am #3,555

Wonder why the X21 / X22 are changing again despite being changed in January. And no changes registered for the 35.

Mark66t

13 Feb 2024, 6:03 pm #3,556
Is the summer service x94 back on this year if anyone knows
Mark66t
13 Feb 2024, 6:03 pm #3,556

Is the summer service x94 back on this year if anyone knows

tyresmoke

13 Feb 2024, 6:04 pm #3,557
(13 Feb 2024, 6:03 pm)Mark66t Is the summer service x94 back on this year if anyone knows

Yes summer timetable starts 24th March, along with the Park & Ride services on the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
13 Feb 2024, 6:04 pm #3,557

(13 Feb 2024, 6:03 pm)Mark66t Is the summer service x94 back on this year if anyone knows

Yes summer timetable starts 24th March, along with the Park & Ride services on the same day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Storx

13 Feb 2024, 6:28 pm #3,558
(12 Feb 2024, 10:59 pm)V514DFT The X4/X5 definitely went via Station Road/Northumbrian Way after the 2010 "big shakeup", not forgetting the X6, no idea when it changed after that, i only used it once and it was the X5 that turned up first,it was November 2010

Sorry missed there, aye that's when it changed I believe as they flipped it for the X5/X6 via Fern Drive and the X4 skipping it going direct to Burradon. Was absolute hell on at the top end of Blyth, from what I can remember, as they extended the route massively.

Believe it was the time it started serving Cramlington aswell with the 3/101 scrapped.

(12 Feb 2024, 11:30 pm)solsburian Oh yes, I'd certainly be all for the resurrection of the X36! Given the fact that the X7 and X8 are stopping at more stops these days, especially in the evenings with Matthew Bank etc., it is probably time they dropped the X prefix on these services.

Yeah tbh, I don't understand now why they don't have a few expresses in the morning and off peak serve Matthew Bank aswell, for the few minutes it would add, it really wouldn't be the end of the world tbh. Maybe all 7/8's during the day, then a few X7's at peak time, don't really need the express 8 as the X7 covers most of South Beach anyway.

Personally I'd take the compromise tbh and they could probably get away with full single decker running (bar the 2 school runs) as let's be honest there's no Decker's needed any other time of the day. Obviously just need the buses from somewhere, could maybe just drop '7' boards and run them as the X7 instead, whenever I use it there's very very few people getting on between Newcastle and Seghill heading towards Blyth, excluding Quorum.
Storx
13 Feb 2024, 6:28 pm #3,558

(12 Feb 2024, 10:59 pm)V514DFT The X4/X5 definitely went via Station Road/Northumbrian Way after the 2010 "big shakeup", not forgetting the X6, no idea when it changed after that, i only used it once and it was the X5 that turned up first,it was November 2010

Sorry missed there, aye that's when it changed I believe as they flipped it for the X5/X6 via Fern Drive and the X4 skipping it going direct to Burradon. Was absolute hell on at the top end of Blyth, from what I can remember, as they extended the route massively.

Believe it was the time it started serving Cramlington aswell with the 3/101 scrapped.

(12 Feb 2024, 11:30 pm)solsburian Oh yes, I'd certainly be all for the resurrection of the X36! Given the fact that the X7 and X8 are stopping at more stops these days, especially in the evenings with Matthew Bank etc., it is probably time they dropped the X prefix on these services.

Yeah tbh, I don't understand now why they don't have a few expresses in the morning and off peak serve Matthew Bank aswell, for the few minutes it would add, it really wouldn't be the end of the world tbh. Maybe all 7/8's during the day, then a few X7's at peak time, don't really need the express 8 as the X7 covers most of South Beach anyway.

Personally I'd take the compromise tbh and they could probably get away with full single decker running (bar the 2 school runs) as let's be honest there's no Decker's needed any other time of the day. Obviously just need the buses from somewhere, could maybe just drop '7' boards and run them as the X7 instead, whenever I use it there's very very few people getting on between Newcastle and Seghill heading towards Blyth, excluding Quorum.

19 Feb 2024, 3:05 pm #3,559
From the 31st march 2024 Darlington service 1 will be running from Darlington to Tow Law on a Sunday
Edited 19 Feb 2024, 3:06 pm by Stuartphin1639.
Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

Stuartphin1639
19 Feb 2024, 3:05 pm #3,559

From the 31st march 2024 Darlington service 1 will be running from Darlington to Tow Law on a Sunday

Attached Files
Thumbnail(s)

peter

20 Feb 2024, 10:58 pm #3,560
(19 Feb 2024, 3:05 pm)Stuartphin1639 From the 31st march 2024 Darlington service 1 will be running from Darlington to Tow Law on a Sunday

Full Darlington service changes confirmed: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...march-2024
peter
20 Feb 2024, 10:58 pm #3,560

(19 Feb 2024, 3:05 pm)Stuartphin1639 From the 31st march 2024 Darlington service 1 will be running from Darlington to Tow Law on a Sunday

Full Darlington service changes confirmed: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...march-2024

Pages (180): Previous 1177 178 179 180 Next

• 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average