Login Register
North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Other Discussion
Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes
(17/10/2017, 20:25)cbma06 Wrote: On Arriva site it states that:

We are extending our Durham District fares zone to include Ferryhill, Chilton, Rushyford, Redworth, Sedgefield, Thornley, Wheatley Hill, Trimdon Village, Deaf Hill, Shadforth and Ludworth. This means big savings for customers in these places travelling wholly within the Durham District zone. For example, the price of a one-day ticket from Ferryhill to Durham will reduce from £7 to £6.50, while the cost of a weekly ticket will come down from £25 to £18.20.

At the same time, we are expanding our Peterlee zone to cover Haswell (Village and Plough), while the Bishop Auckland zone will extend to Redworth.

It's a shame that Wheatley hill is not part of the east Durham network .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's cos they know I'm moving Big Grin They're only doing it to annoy me after paying through the nose for a 20 minute journey each way for all these years.
(17/10/2017, 22:41)BusLoverMum Wrote: That's cos they know I'm moving Big Grin They're only doing it to annoy me after paying through the nose for a 20 minute journey each way for all these years.

It’s really pointless putting Wheatley Hill in the Durham District Saver.
The people need a cheap ticket to Peterlee. The same applies to the folk of Trimdon.
Peterlee is where they do their food shopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Service Changes in Darlington and County Durham - from Sunday 29th October 2017

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/u...ober-2017/
(18/10/2017, 22:24)Michael Wrote: Service Changes in Darlington and County Durham - from Sunday 29th October 2017

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/u...ober-2017/

So the 22 is no longer a 3 hour round trip. Does this mean that it'll be interworking with the 24? It would explain why all the branding has been left off any battered streetlites. Wondering if the rumours about them being off to pastures new are true.

Also, it does appear that the X24 is going to be just a peak service.
so after 29th October bus changes, service 22 from Sunderland at 21:22 terminates at peterlee at 22:01, does this bus go back to durham depot?.

(19/10/2017, 09:07)BusLoverMum Wrote: So the 22 is no longer a 3 hour round trip. Does this mean that it'll be interworking with the 24? It would explain why all the branding has been left off any battered streetlites. Wondering if the rumours about them being off to pastures new are true.

Also, it does appear that the X24 is going to be just a peak service.

yea looks like its going to do what the 24X originally did lol.
I'm in favour of Bus Bill 
Also out of the EU
Info about buses during Durham Lumiere event between 16-19 November: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/u...iere-2017/

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
(07/11/2017, 19:47)Jimmi Wrote: Info about buses during Durham Lumiere event between 16-19 November: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/u...iere-2017/

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Wow! The 22 will run as normal!
(07/11/2017, 20:36)BusLoverMum Wrote: Wow! The 22 will run as normal!

They haven't learned anything from the 2013 or 2015 events then... the solution is not just the size of the buses, but simply the frequency in most cases. People are in and out of Lumiere all evening, so the crowds just end up filling the bus station in no time. Breaking down the waffle in the link provided, it seems that there are actually very few changes - 

6 - Additional journeys to create a 30 minute frequency all evening, as oppose to the usual hourly service.
7 - No changes.
22 - No changes.
24 - Five additional journeys on Sunday evening (hourly frequency)
43 - No changes.
48 - Four additional Sunday evening journeys (hourly frequency)
49 - Six additional Sunday evening journeys (half hourly frequency)
56 - Three additional journeys. The 1950 x Durham is normal timetable, despite being highlighted as an extra. 
57/57A - No changes, but inaccurate statement of "Normal timetables will apply throughout the event, with buses running up to every 15 minutes" - these services never run up to every 15 minutes, and the timetable certainly doesn't suggest any changes. 1810 is still the last departure from Durham.
61/62 - No changes.
64 - Three extra journeys Durham-Arnison Centre only on Sunday evening.
X12 - No changes.
X46 - No changes.

Commuting should be fun. Smile
(07/11/2017, 21:49)Adrian Wrote: They haven't learned anything from the 2013 or 2015 events then... the solution is not just the size of the buses, but simply the frequency in most cases. People are in and out of Lumiere all evening, so the crowds just end up filling the bus station in no time. Breaking down the waffle in the link provided, it seems that there are actually very few changes - 

6 - Additional journeys to create a 30 minute frequency all evening, as oppose to the usual hourly service.
7 - No changes.
22 - No changes.
24 - Five additional journeys on Sunday evening (hourly frequency)
43 - No changes.
48 - Four additional Sunday evening journeys (hourly frequency)
49 - Six additional Sunday evening journeys (half hourly frequency)
56 - Three additional journeys. The 1950 x Durham is normal timetable, despite being highlighted as an extra. 
57/57A - No changes, but inaccurate statement of "Normal timetables will apply throughout the event, with buses running up to every 15 minutes" - these services never run up to every 15 minutes, and the timetable certainly doesn't suggest any changes. 1810 is still the last departure from Durham.
61/62 - No changes.
64 - Three extra journeys Durham-Arnison Centre only on Sunday evening.
X12 - No changes.
X46 - No changes.

Commuting should be fun. Smile

Same policy as per usual then when it comes to big events:
  • Take their money
  • Pack 'em in
  • Run them REALLY late