Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Arriva North East: Upcoming Service Changes

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average

Pages (181) Previous 1141 142 143181 Next
Unber43

11 Oct 2022, 4:24 pm #2,821
(11 Oct 2022, 11:03 am)Rob44 this isnt unique to GCT either though. had both arriva and GNE happen to me a million times ( no im not exaggerating)
In my experience its one of 3 things 

- The Bus is quite late and their is one behind
- The bus is full 
- They just forgot to change the display.
Unber43
11 Oct 2022, 4:24 pm #2,821

(11 Oct 2022, 11:03 am)Rob44 this isnt unique to GCT either though. had both arriva and GNE happen to me a million times ( no im not exaggerating)
In my experience its one of 3 things 

- The Bus is quite late and their is one behind
- The bus is full 
- They just forgot to change the display.

Storx

11 Oct 2022, 4:35 pm #2,822
Nice to see that Arriva bothered to check the timetables before releasing them on their website for the Newcastle changes.

The 43, 44, 45, 51, 52 and 53 timetables are all very wrong. The right timetables are on Traveline now though for anyone who actually needs them.
Storx
11 Oct 2022, 4:35 pm #2,822

Nice to see that Arriva bothered to check the timetables before releasing them on their website for the Newcastle changes.

The 43, 44, 45, 51, 52 and 53 timetables are all very wrong. The right timetables are on Traveline now though for anyone who actually needs them.

L469 YVK

11 Oct 2022, 6:14 pm #2,823
5 minutes turnaround for the 308 in Blyth?

I hope that will involve sending out a fresh bus & driver otherwise interworking with the 306 will be chaos!
L469 YVK
11 Oct 2022, 6:14 pm #2,823

5 minutes turnaround for the 308 in Blyth?

I hope that will involve sending out a fresh bus & driver otherwise interworking with the 306 will be chaos!

Storx

11 Oct 2022, 6:43 pm #2,824
(11 Oct 2022, 6:14 pm)L469 YVK 5 minutes turnaround for the 308 in Blyth?

It appears they've moved the longer layover to the other end of the route which kind of makes sense. There's a 10 minute layover at Whitley Bay / Tynemouth now instead of 3/5 minutes now.
Storx
11 Oct 2022, 6:43 pm #2,824

(11 Oct 2022, 6:14 pm)L469 YVK 5 minutes turnaround for the 308 in Blyth?

It appears they've moved the longer layover to the other end of the route which kind of makes sense. There's a 10 minute layover at Whitley Bay / Tynemouth now instead of 3/5 minutes now.

nova347

11 Oct 2022, 7:00 pm #2,825
What does Arriva class as a child? I'm looking at Arriva regionwide tickets, and they have an adult and a child but it doesn't give an age limit to the child, so I just wanted to ask if any one knows what is the age limit for a child ticket.
nova347
11 Oct 2022, 7:00 pm #2,825

What does Arriva class as a child? I'm looking at Arriva regionwide tickets, and they have an adult and a child but it doesn't give an age limit to the child, so I just wanted to ask if any one knows what is the age limit for a child ticket.

11 Oct 2022, 7:04 pm #2,826
(11 Oct 2022, 7:00 pm)nova347 What does Arriva class as a child? I'm looking at Arriva regionwide tickets, and they have an adult and a child but it doesn't give an age limit to the child, so I just wanted to ask if any one knows what is the age limit for a child ticket.

I think it's 16 isn't it?
streetdeckfan
11 Oct 2022, 7:04 pm #2,826

(11 Oct 2022, 7:00 pm)nova347 What does Arriva class as a child? I'm looking at Arriva regionwide tickets, and they have an adult and a child but it doesn't give an age limit to the child, so I just wanted to ask if any one knows what is the age limit for a child ticket.

I think it's 16 isn't it?

11 Oct 2022, 7:17 pm #2,827
It was raised to under 16s a few years ago, I remember when they upped it from U14...days before my 16th!
omnicity4659
11 Oct 2022, 7:17 pm #2,827

It was raised to under 16s a few years ago, I remember when they upped it from U14...days before my 16th!

nova347

11 Oct 2022, 7:18 pm #2,828
(11 Oct 2022, 7:17 pm)omnicity4659 It was raised to 16 a few years ago.
If I was to get a student Regionwide ticket for 5.60 would they accept a college badge as proof of ID or my provisional or both? And whats the age limit on student Regionwide Day tickets and do you think that just my provisional would be fine?
nova347
11 Oct 2022, 7:18 pm #2,828

(11 Oct 2022, 7:17 pm)omnicity4659 It was raised to 16 a few years ago.
If I was to get a student Regionwide ticket for 5.60 would they accept a college badge as proof of ID or my provisional or both? And whats the age limit on student Regionwide Day tickets and do you think that just my provisional would be fine?

11 Oct 2022, 7:21 pm #2,829
(11 Oct 2022, 7:18 pm)nova347 If I was to get a student Regionwide ticket for 5.60 would they accept a college badge as proof of ID or my provisional or both? And whats the age limit on student Regionwide Day tickets and do you think that just my provisional would be fine?

Yes, your college's Student ID is proof of entitlement to student fares. Not sure on provisionals.

Student fares are available to anyone post-16 in education according to their website.
omnicity4659
11 Oct 2022, 7:21 pm #2,829

(11 Oct 2022, 7:18 pm)nova347 If I was to get a student Regionwide ticket for 5.60 would they accept a college badge as proof of ID or my provisional or both? And whats the age limit on student Regionwide Day tickets and do you think that just my provisional would be fine?

Yes, your college's Student ID is proof of entitlement to student fares. Not sure on provisionals.

Student fares are available to anyone post-16 in education according to their website.

mb134

11 Oct 2022, 7:22 pm #2,830

Depending on how old you are, you can possibly get the student day ticket without a college badge. The Arriva student tickets officially are "young persons" tickets, and as such can be bought by anyone with valid student ID OR by anyone under the age of 19.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/ticket-info/...er-tickets
mb134
11 Oct 2022, 7:22 pm #2,830

Depending on how old you are, you can possibly get the student day ticket without a college badge. The Arriva student tickets officially are "young persons" tickets, and as such can be bought by anyone with valid student ID OR by anyone under the age of 19.

Storx

11 Oct 2022, 8:16 pm #2,831

I don't know whether things have changed, haven't bought one for awhile but I'm not sure where you're getting on but if it's Northumbria be careful you don't get the wrong tickets (there's a Northumbria triple ticket aswell and I believe a Durham one aswell) also if it's the Durham depots be prepared to not have a clue what your talking about.

Also not sure if they ever fixed it but they used to be all over the place but they used to be either YP [Ticket Type] or ST [Ticket Type] but not both to even make it more complicated so some were under young persons and the other under student which complicated someone from Stockton who didn't have a clue what a Blyth and Tyne ticket was anyway (one of the Northumbria ones) believe that one was YP.

Your college badge is fine though.
Storx
11 Oct 2022, 8:16 pm #2,831

I don't know whether things have changed, haven't bought one for awhile but I'm not sure where you're getting on but if it's Northumbria be careful you don't get the wrong tickets (there's a Northumbria triple ticket aswell and I believe a Durham one aswell) also if it's the Durham depots be prepared to not have a clue what your talking about.

Also not sure if they ever fixed it but they used to be all over the place but they used to be either YP [Ticket Type] or ST [Ticket Type] but not both to even make it more complicated so some were under young persons and the other under student which complicated someone from Stockton who didn't have a clue what a Blyth and Tyne ticket was anyway (one of the Northumbria ones) believe that one was YP.

Your college badge is fine though.

nova347

11 Oct 2022, 8:43 pm #2,832
One thing I wish for when it comes to Arriva is single tickets, like I know lots of people who go to East Durham College who use Arriva and when they don't have their lanyard to get to college and they've been charged, they always get charged different amounts. When travelling on the 22/23 your ticket price depends on the driver. Like my other friend got the 22 from Sunderland to Durham and each time she was charged different amounts.
nova347
11 Oct 2022, 8:43 pm #2,832

One thing I wish for when it comes to Arriva is single tickets, like I know lots of people who go to East Durham College who use Arriva and when they don't have their lanyard to get to college and they've been charged, they always get charged different amounts. When travelling on the 22/23 your ticket price depends on the driver. Like my other friend got the 22 from Sunderland to Durham and each time she was charged different amounts.

BusLoverMum

11 Oct 2022, 10:49 pm #2,833
(11 Oct 2022, 7:22 pm)mb134 Depending on how old you are, you can possibly get the student day ticket without a college badge. The Arriva student tickets officially are "young persons" tickets, and as such can be bought by anyone with valid student ID OR by anyone under the age of 19.

Some of the drivers pretty aggressively seek proof of age, though. We've had run ons with  particular Polish driver who used to do the 22 and 64 hut now appears to be on the 6 rota, since Eldest was about 12.
BusLoverMum
11 Oct 2022, 10:49 pm #2,833

(11 Oct 2022, 7:22 pm)mb134 Depending on how old you are, you can possibly get the student day ticket without a college badge. The Arriva student tickets officially are "young persons" tickets, and as such can be bought by anyone with valid student ID OR by anyone under the age of 19.

Some of the drivers pretty aggressively seek proof of age, though. We've had run ons with  particular Polish driver who used to do the 22 and 64 hut now appears to be on the 6 rota, since Eldest was about 12.

11 Oct 2022, 11:04 pm #2,834
(11 Oct 2022, 10:49 pm)BusLoverMum Some of the drivers pretty aggressively seek proof of age, though. We've had run ons with  particular Polish driver who used to do the 22 and 64 hut now appears to be on the 6 rota, since Eldest was about 12.
A few months back I had a valid student ID from a course I was sent on, and nobody ever checked it when I was using a ticket bought through the app. In fact, I could probably still just buy a student ticket and never have it questioned.

The only time they properly looked at it was when I bought a regionwide ticket to go down to Catterick

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
11 Oct 2022, 11:04 pm #2,834

(11 Oct 2022, 10:49 pm)BusLoverMum Some of the drivers pretty aggressively seek proof of age, though. We've had run ons with  particular Polish driver who used to do the 22 and 64 hut now appears to be on the 6 rota, since Eldest was about 12.
A few months back I had a valid student ID from a course I was sent on, and nobody ever checked it when I was using a ticket bought through the app. In fact, I could probably still just buy a student ticket and never have it questioned.

The only time they properly looked at it was when I bought a regionwide ticket to go down to Catterick

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

peter

11 Oct 2022, 11:44 pm #2,835
(11 Oct 2022, 4:35 pm)Storx Nice to see that Arriva bothered to check the timetables before releasing them on their website for the Newcastle changes.

Judging by the timetables the 51 is essentially going to replace the withdrawn 54 journeys within the 52/53/54 interworking pattern. So the PVR will remain the same (excluding losing a bus for the temporary change to the 53). 

It'll be interesting to see what they have planned for the 55 as part of me thinks if they were gonna withdraw it, why not just go ahead and do it now alongside the 46. Equally, they must be intending to increase it back to every 20 minutes otherwise they wouldn't say it's been revised to 30 minutes because of the driver shortage, they'd just say it's revised like the 54.
peter
11 Oct 2022, 11:44 pm #2,835

(11 Oct 2022, 4:35 pm)Storx Nice to see that Arriva bothered to check the timetables before releasing them on their website for the Newcastle changes.

Judging by the timetables the 51 is essentially going to replace the withdrawn 54 journeys within the 52/53/54 interworking pattern. So the PVR will remain the same (excluding losing a bus for the temporary change to the 53). 

It'll be interesting to see what they have planned for the 55 as part of me thinks if they were gonna withdraw it, why not just go ahead and do it now alongside the 46. Equally, they must be intending to increase it back to every 20 minutes otherwise they wouldn't say it's been revised to 30 minutes because of the driver shortage, they'd just say it's revised like the 54.

Kuyoyo

12 Oct 2022, 11:32 am #2,836

Given the website updates are done by the national customer service team based in Luton whereas the raw timetable data is done by the North East Commerical Team who are now based at Stockton depot, issues are likely to crop up especially with how quickly they wanted to upload the new timetables (understand from speaking to the Commerical Member who was responsible for the Teesside and County Durham changes that their rush resulted in the original version of Stockton's 7/7A timetable being dispatched instead of the updated version - the original was prior to the understanding that the extension to Kirklevington was needed 7 days a week, meaning Stockton's Sunday PVR on the Stockton routes remains at 5 as present but 7B board will start 3 hours earlier than it presently does and also remain out for longer as well, finished on the last trip to Willey Flatts from Stockton at 1905 rather than presently finishing in the High Street at 1720).
All are now correct on the website however - although no timetable at present for the 22A.
Kuyoyo
12 Oct 2022, 11:32 am #2,836

Given the website updates are done by the national customer service team based in Luton whereas the raw timetable data is done by the North East Commerical Team who are now based at Stockton depot, issues are likely to crop up especially with how quickly they wanted to upload the new timetables (understand from speaking to the Commerical Member who was responsible for the Teesside and County Durham changes that their rush resulted in the original version of Stockton's 7/7A timetable being dispatched instead of the updated version - the original was prior to the understanding that the extension to Kirklevington was needed 7 days a week, meaning Stockton's Sunday PVR on the Stockton routes remains at 5 as present but 7B board will start 3 hours earlier than it presently does and also remain out for longer as well, finished on the last trip to Willey Flatts from Stockton at 1905 rather than presently finishing in the High Street at 1720).
All are now correct on the website however - although no timetable at present for the 22A.

Storx

12 Oct 2022, 11:56 am #2,837
(12 Oct 2022, 11:32 am)Kuyoyo Given the website updates are done by the national customer service team based in Luton whereas the raw timetable data is done by the North East Commerical Team who are now based at Stockton depot, issues are likely to crop up especially with how quickly they wanted to upload the new timetables (understand from speaking to the Commerical Member who was responsible for the Teesside and County Durham changes that their rush resulted in the original version of Stockton's 7/7A timetable being dispatched instead of the updated version - the original was prior to the understanding that the extension to Kirklevington was needed 7 days a week, meaning Stockton's Sunday PVR on the Stockton routes remains at 5 as present but 7B board will start 3 hours earlier than it presently does and also remain out for longer as well, finished on the last trip to Willey Flatts from Stockton at 1905 rather than presently finishing in the High Street at 1720).

Aye that's fair enough but surely someone would've noticed the seriously wrong timetable in particular for the 43/44/45.

https://api.arrivabus.co.uk/routes/servi...t-2022.pdf - 43 for example.

Not sure where that's even coming from if I had to be honest, seems to be the subsidised services maybe? I know the 52 and 53 are also missing the evening services. There could be some very confused passengers if they read them.

Mind I always thought they were done from a database and automated when you loaded them so learnt something new, similar to how Travelline I believe works.
Storx
12 Oct 2022, 11:56 am #2,837

(12 Oct 2022, 11:32 am)Kuyoyo Given the website updates are done by the national customer service team based in Luton whereas the raw timetable data is done by the North East Commerical Team who are now based at Stockton depot, issues are likely to crop up especially with how quickly they wanted to upload the new timetables (understand from speaking to the Commerical Member who was responsible for the Teesside and County Durham changes that their rush resulted in the original version of Stockton's 7/7A timetable being dispatched instead of the updated version - the original was prior to the understanding that the extension to Kirklevington was needed 7 days a week, meaning Stockton's Sunday PVR on the Stockton routes remains at 5 as present but 7B board will start 3 hours earlier than it presently does and also remain out for longer as well, finished on the last trip to Willey Flatts from Stockton at 1905 rather than presently finishing in the High Street at 1720).

Aye that's fair enough but surely someone would've noticed the seriously wrong timetable in particular for the 43/44/45.

Not sure where that's even coming from if I had to be honest, seems to be the subsidised services maybe? I know the 52 and 53 are also missing the evening services. There could be some very confused passengers if they read them.

Mind I always thought they were done from a database and automated when you loaded them so learnt something new, similar to how Travelline I believe works.

Rob44

12 Oct 2022, 12:05 pm #2,838
(12 Oct 2022, 11:56 am)Storx Aye that's fair enough but surely someone would've noticed the seriously wrong timetable in particular for the 43/44/45.

from what ive heard those are the services ashington are running from the 30th october
Rob44
12 Oct 2022, 12:05 pm #2,838

(12 Oct 2022, 11:56 am)Storx Aye that's fair enough but surely someone would've noticed the seriously wrong timetable in particular for the 43/44/45.

from what ive heard those are the services ashington are running from the 30th october

mb134

12 Oct 2022, 4:44 pm #2,839
(12 Oct 2022, 12:05 pm)Rob44 from what ive heard those are the services ashington are running from the 30th october

No current Jesmond services are transferring to Ashington at the end of this month.
mb134
12 Oct 2022, 4:44 pm #2,839

(12 Oct 2022, 12:05 pm)Rob44 from what ive heard those are the services ashington are running from the 30th october

No current Jesmond services are transferring to Ashington at the end of this month.

12 Oct 2022, 9:18 pm #2,840
So is it only the 306 leaving on the 30th?
gc802002
12 Oct 2022, 9:18 pm #2,840

So is it only the 306 leaving on the 30th?

Pages (181) Previous 1141 142 143181 Next

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average