Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators Service Suggestions Elsewhere

Service Suggestions Elsewhere

Service Suggestions Elsewhere

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Malarkey

11 Aug 2014, 10:13 pm #1
This New Thread will work in the same way as the ones Currently used for the (Big 3) in the North East.

So here is my first few Suggestions for Transdev in Yorkshire.

41/841/X41 - Middlesbrough - Whitby - Scarborough - Leeds
42/842/X42 - Middlesbrough - Scarborough - York - Leeds
44/844/X44 - Middlesbrough - Wetherby - Leeds
46/846/X46 - Middlesbrough - Northallerton - Harrogate - Leeds
47/847/X47 - Middlesbrough - York - Pocklington - Beverley - Hull
48/848/X48 - Scarborough - Filey - Bridlington - Hull
Malarkey
11 Aug 2014, 10:13 pm #1

This New Thread will work in the same way as the ones Currently used for the (Big 3) in the North East.

S813 FVK

12 Aug 2014, 9:26 am #2
(11 Aug 2014, 10:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey This New Thread will work in the same way as the ones Currently used for the (Big 3) in the North East.

Giving EYMS a run for their money there. Liking the X48 idea, if that could run all day round rather than the holiday season or whenever like the X21 then that would be great!
S813 FVK
12 Aug 2014, 9:26 am #2

(11 Aug 2014, 10:13 pm)NEBCD Malarkey This New Thread will work in the same way as the ones Currently used for the (Big 3) in the North East.

Giving EYMS a run for their money there. Liking the X48 idea, if that could run all day round rather than the holiday season or whenever like the X21 then that would be great!

MurdnunoC

12 Aug 2014, 10:53 am #3

Do people really want to go Middlesbrough though?

It's one thing linking Middlesbrough, by bus, with Newcastle, Durham, Darlington, Hartlepool and Sunderland but entirely another linking Boro with Leeds, Harrogate, York and Hull. A train-service between Middlesbrough, Leeds and York already exists and it would be much quicker to use York as a hub if one needed to travel to either Hull or Harrogate.
MurdnunoC
12 Aug 2014, 10:53 am #3

Do people really want to go Middlesbrough though?

It's one thing linking Middlesbrough, by bus, with Newcastle, Durham, Darlington, Hartlepool and Sunderland but entirely another linking Boro with Leeds, Harrogate, York and Hull. A train-service between Middlesbrough, Leeds and York already exists and it would be much quicker to use York as a hub if one needed to travel to either Hull or Harrogate.

Malarkey

12 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm #4
(12 Aug 2014, 10:53 am)AdamY Do people really want to go Middlesbrough though?

When I used the Megabus from Newcastle to Leeds, there was at least 30 Passengers got on in Middlesbrough, with around 15-20 Including myself getting off in Leeds.

To be Honest I wouldn't have it Hourly or Half Hourly as that would be Daft and nobody would use the Service, Perhaps 2 Morning Journey's and 2 Evening Journeys each way would suffice.

And if Journey Times were Positioned before Megabus and National Express Journeys, with Reasonable Fare Pricing then I think Transdev for example could be Quids In.

There is also the Questionable Argument as to whether Middlesbrough is Part of the North East, or in Fact part of Yorkshire, for me i'd say it's Borderline, much like Berwick.
Malarkey
12 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm #4

(12 Aug 2014, 10:53 am)AdamY Do people really want to go Middlesbrough though?

When I used the Megabus from Newcastle to Leeds, there was at least 30 Passengers got on in Middlesbrough, with around 15-20 Including myself getting off in Leeds.

To be Honest I wouldn't have it Hourly or Half Hourly as that would be Daft and nobody would use the Service, Perhaps 2 Morning Journey's and 2 Evening Journeys each way would suffice.

And if Journey Times were Positioned before Megabus and National Express Journeys, with Reasonable Fare Pricing then I think Transdev for example could be Quids In.

There is also the Questionable Argument as to whether Middlesbrough is Part of the North East, or in Fact part of Yorkshire, for me i'd say it's Borderline, much like Berwick.

Jimmi

12 Aug 2014, 2:54 pm #5
(12 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey When I used the Megabus from Newcastle to Leeds, there was at least 30 Passengers got on in Middlesbrough, with around 15-20 Including myself getting off in Leeds.

No that's 30 people who want to leave Middlesbrough but can't afford the train.
Jimmi
12 Aug 2014, 2:54 pm #5

(12 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey When I used the Megabus from Newcastle to Leeds, there was at least 30 Passengers got on in Middlesbrough, with around 15-20 Including myself getting off in Leeds.

No that's 30 people who want to leave Middlesbrough but can't afford the train.

Malarkey

12 Aug 2014, 2:57 pm #6
(12 Aug 2014, 2:54 pm)Jimmi No that's 30 people who want to leave Middlesbrough but can't afford the train.

And on purposely wait until Wednesday when it's only £5 each way.
Malarkey
12 Aug 2014, 2:57 pm #6

(12 Aug 2014, 2:54 pm)Jimmi No that's 30 people who want to leave Middlesbrough but can't afford the train.

And on purposely wait until Wednesday when it's only £5 each way.

MurdnunoC

12 Aug 2014, 3:27 pm #7
(12 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey There is also the Questionable Argument as to whether Middlesbrough is Part of the North East, or in Fact part of Yorkshire, for me i'd say it's Borderline, much like Berwick.

Middlesbrough is most definitely in the North East. There is no question about that.

Whitby is borderline as it falls outside of the North East Region - defined as such by the Government - but one might include it in other definitions of The North East of England.

For the purposes of local governance, The North East Region consists of twelve local authorities: Northumberland, Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Sunderland, County Durham, Hartlepool, Stockton-on-Tees, Darlington, Middlesbrough and Redcar and Cleveland. If there were a North-Eastern regional assembly, constituents living within these boroughs or counties would be entitled to vote.
MurdnunoC
12 Aug 2014, 3:27 pm #7

(12 Aug 2014, 12:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey There is also the Questionable Argument as to whether Middlesbrough is Part of the North East, or in Fact part of Yorkshire, for me i'd say it's Borderline, much like Berwick.

Middlesbrough is most definitely in the North East. There is no question about that.

Whitby is borderline as it falls outside of the North East Region - defined as such by the Government - but one might include it in other definitions of The North East of England.

For the purposes of local governance, The North East Region consists of twelve local authorities: Northumberland, Newcastle, Gateshead, North Tyneside, South Tyneside, Sunderland, County Durham, Hartlepool, Stockton-on-Tees, Darlington, Middlesbrough and Redcar and Cleveland. If there were a North-Eastern regional assembly, constituents living within these boroughs or counties would be entitled to vote.

Andreos1

14 Aug 2014, 11:21 am #8

Not to repeat what others have said, but the destinations are covered via the intercity coach network or by trains.

In the past, I did suggest the Scarborough - Middlesbrough run could have worked, if only because of the reputation the x93 had/has.
I do think the horse has bolted with that one.

If the alternative to the x93 did come off, we could have seen another operator working in the area - giving the native operators a run for their money.

* Scarborough - Middlesbrough (via moors)
* Middlesbrough - Durham (via Darlington and A1 (m))
* York - Middlesbrough (via Pickering and Helmsley)
* York - Middlesbrough (via Easingwold and Thirsk)

With those routes, although they are possible via train for point to point journeys, there is scope in picking people up 'along the way', in places not served by train or intercity coaches.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
14 Aug 2014, 11:21 am #8

Not to repeat what others have said, but the destinations are covered via the intercity coach network or by trains.

In the past, I did suggest the Scarborough - Middlesbrough run could have worked, if only because of the reputation the x93 had/has.

If the alternative to the x93 did come off, we could have seen another operator working in the area - giving the native operators a run for their money.

With those routes, although they are possible via train for point to point journeys, there is scope in picking people up 'along the way', in places not served by train or intercity coaches.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Malarkey

14 Aug 2014, 11:54 am #9
(14 Aug 2014, 11:21 am)Andreos Constantopolous Not to repeat what others have said, but the destinations are covered via the intercity coach network or by trains.

I do think with the few Suggestions so far, it could be quite successful and would be a good scope of Expansion for Transdev or EYMS, Plus on top of those Longer Distance Journey's, You could more Local Bus Service running in between.

Just looking at Google Maps for Leeds - Middlesbrough, could via A61 - Harrogate - Ripon - Thirsk - A1 Direct to Middlesbrough rather than my original idea via Whitby - Scarbrough and York as that takes around 3 Hours, Possibly Longer.
Malarkey
14 Aug 2014, 11:54 am #9

(14 Aug 2014, 11:21 am)Andreos Constantopolous Not to repeat what others have said, but the destinations are covered via the intercity coach network or by trains.

I do think with the few Suggestions so far, it could be quite successful and would be a good scope of Expansion for Transdev or EYMS, Plus on top of those Longer Distance Journey's, You could more Local Bus Service running in between.

Just looking at Google Maps for Leeds - Middlesbrough, could via A61 - Harrogate - Ripon - Thirsk - A1 Direct to Middlesbrough rather than my original idea via Whitby - Scarbrough and York as that takes around 3 Hours, Possibly Longer.

Tom

27 Aug 2014, 5:39 pm #10
I rode the Bike Bus service 800 a few times over the weekend, and passenger numbers were very poor, especially over the weekend. I used it from Ambleside to Bowness on one occasion, and I was the only passenger until Brockhole where a OAP boarded. The passenger numbers were decent from Windermere to Bowness, but leavng Bowness there were only three passengers. No bikes on at all.

I was thinking that the Bike Bus could be scrapped, or be used on the 505 between Coniston and Windermere?
Tom
27 Aug 2014, 5:39 pm #10

I rode the Bike Bus service 800 a few times over the weekend, and passenger numbers were very poor, especially over the weekend. I used it from Ambleside to Bowness on one occasion, and I was the only passenger until Brockhole where a OAP boarded. The passenger numbers were decent from Windermere to Bowness, but leavng Bowness there were only three passengers. No bikes on at all.

I was thinking that the Bike Bus could be scrapped, or be used on the 505 between Coniston and Windermere?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average