Menu

North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates Upcoming Forum Downtime

Upcoming Forum Downtime

Upcoming Forum Downtime

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Adrian

15 Sep 2014, 6:24 pm #41
(15 Sep 2014, 4:03 pm)AIG20 I am currently using Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer 11, which I was using previously, and the posting issue has now been resolved.

Horray!!! Big Grin

Can you hit F12 in IE for developer tools, and try changing your IE version to 8 or 9? See if that makes a difference.

Just interested for testing purposes like... Smile 

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
15 Sep 2014, 6:24 pm #41

(15 Sep 2014, 4:03 pm)AIG20 I am currently using Mozilla Firefox instead of Internet Explorer 11, which I was using previously, and the posting issue has now been resolved.

Horray!!! Big Grin

Can you hit F12 in IE for developer tools, and try changing your IE version to 8 or 9? See if that makes a difference.

Just interested for testing purposes like... Smile 

S813 FVK

15 Sep 2014, 7:17 pm #42
(15 Sep 2014, 6:23 pm)Acky81 Dan
The current style is only temporary. We encountered a few issues when upgrading the forum to myBB 1.8 from myBB 1.6, and Liam has been awfully busy with educational and work commitments, and has consequently been unable to fix the issues we've encountered upon upgrading.

Do accept my most sincere apologies, and we hope that NEB will be back to normal in due course.

Hope so it's a mess

I quite like it and to be honest, id be happy for it to be left this way. Better looking than the last version anyway.
S813 FVK
15 Sep 2014, 7:17 pm #42

(15 Sep 2014, 6:23 pm)Acky81 Dan
The current style is only temporary. We encountered a few issues when upgrading the forum to myBB 1.8 from myBB 1.6, and Liam has been awfully busy with educational and work commitments, and has consequently been unable to fix the issues we've encountered upon upgrading.

Do accept my most sincere apologies, and we hope that NEB will be back to normal in due course.

Hope so it's a mess

I quite like it and to be honest, id be happy for it to be left this way. Better looking than the last version anyway.

Michael

15 Sep 2014, 7:40 pm #43
The fleet lists have seemed to of disappeared

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Sep 2014, 7:40 pm #43

The fleet lists have seemed to of disappeared

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Sep 2014, 7:41 pm #44
(15 Sep 2014, 7:40 pm)Michael The fleet lists have seemed to of disappeared

They haven't - it's just because the theme was downloaded from the Internet so that NEB was a bit easier on the eye (and this theme didn't incorporate links to fleet lists, etc). I've dropped Liam another message............

www.northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet
Dan
15 Sep 2014, 7:41 pm #44

They haven't - it's just because the theme was downloaded from the Internet so that NEB was a bit easier on the eye (and this theme didn't incorporate links to fleet lists, etc). I've dropped Liam another message............

Michael

15 Sep 2014, 7:44 pm #45
(15 Sep 2014, 7:41 pm)Dan They haven't - it's just because the theme was downloaded from the Internet so that NEB was a bit easier on the eye (and this theme didn't incorporate links to fleet lists, etc). I've dropped Liam another message............

Haha np, thought it was something to do with layout or are u just making that up because u broke it again? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
15 Sep 2014, 7:44 pm #45

(15 Sep 2014, 7:41 pm)Dan They haven't - it's just because the theme was downloaded from the Internet so that NEB was a bit easier on the eye (and this theme didn't incorporate links to fleet lists, etc). I've dropped Liam another message............

Haha np, thought it was something to do with layout or are u just making that up because u broke it again? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Sep 2014, 8:00 pm #46
(15 Sep 2014, 7:44 pm)Michael Haha np, thought it was something to do with layout or are u just making that up because u broke it again? Tongue

I couldn't actually perform the update because I don't have access to certain information which was required to perform said update.
Liam is the only one with access to it, given that he pays for the domain and server off his own back, and he performed the update (following the instructions set by myBB), under the impression that there'd be no further issues and we could finally start rolling out new features (such as a 'like' system).

There appears to have been an issue whereby all of our plugins, some of which were downloaded to make the site look a little bit more user-friendly, were deleted. I can't find any posts on the myBB forums where this has been the case, so it appears to have been an issue unique to NEB (for reasons unknown).

Our custom-made theme was therefore looking rather 'dated' and simplistic - perhaps a nostalgic view of the Internet for some of our older users - and it wasn't very easy on the eye. As Liam was inundated with educational work and otherwise, he uploaded a temporary 'theme' to make NEB look a little bit nicer. Whilst it has achieved that, the links on the navigation bar are completely different, and there's now no "quick link" to get to the "Photos", "News" and "Fleet Lists" pages. I was under the impression he may have had the chance to sort everything out a few days later, but so far, this has not been the case.

I'm still locked out of the server, so I can't change anything at all. I'm just trying to re-assure everyone that NEB will, in time, go back to normal.

Photos: www.northeastbuses.co.uk/photos/
News: www.northeastbuses.co.uk/news/
Fleet Lists: www.northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/

I've moved all of the above posts to the thread with all of the other details...
Dan
15 Sep 2014, 8:00 pm #46

(15 Sep 2014, 7:44 pm)Michael Haha np, thought it was something to do with layout or are u just making that up because u broke it again? Tongue

I couldn't actually perform the update because I don't have access to certain information which was required to perform said update.
Liam is the only one with access to it, given that he pays for the domain and server off his own back, and he performed the update (following the instructions set by myBB), under the impression that there'd be no further issues and we could finally start rolling out new features (such as a 'like' system).

There appears to have been an issue whereby all of our plugins, some of which were downloaded to make the site look a little bit more user-friendly, were deleted. I can't find any posts on the myBB forums where this has been the case, so it appears to have been an issue unique to NEB (for reasons unknown).

Our custom-made theme was therefore looking rather 'dated' and simplistic - perhaps a nostalgic view of the Internet for some of our older users - and it wasn't very easy on the eye. As Liam was inundated with educational work and otherwise, he uploaded a temporary 'theme' to make NEB look a little bit nicer. Whilst it has achieved that, the links on the navigation bar are completely different, and there's now no "quick link" to get to the "Photos", "News" and "Fleet Lists" pages. I was under the impression he may have had the chance to sort everything out a few days later, but so far, this has not been the case.

I'm still locked out of the server, so I can't change anything at all. I'm just trying to re-assure everyone that NEB will, in time, go back to normal.

Photos: www.northeastbuses.co.uk/photos/
News: www.northeastbuses.co.uk/news/
Fleet Lists: www.northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/

I've moved all of the above posts to the thread with all of the other details...

park5354

15 Sep 2014, 9:43 pm #47

Go to bottom of page, and click on 'north East Buses'.  It will take to NEBus home page and there is a fleet list link on there.
park5354
15 Sep 2014, 9:43 pm #47

Go to bottom of page, and click on 'north East Buses'.  It will take to NEBus home page and there is a fleet list link on there.

cbma06

16 Sep 2014, 3:47 pm #48
what has happened to NEB website?.   It looks terrible, everything is all over the place, hope this is not the new update, bring back the other one, cant post anything from tapatalk.

replying to a post, and you cant view the post that I send as it has only the original post in it

cbma06
16 Sep 2014, 3:47 pm #48

what has happened to NEB website?.   It looks terrible, everything is all over the place, hope this is not the new update, bring back the other one, cant post anything from tapatalk.

replying to a post, and you cant view the post that I send as it has only the original post in it

Michael

16 Sep 2014, 4:33 pm #49
Having all sorts of problems, won't let me log in on my phone, its not letting me post -.-

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Sep 2014, 4:33 pm #49

Having all sorts of problems, won't let me log in on my phone, its not letting me post -.-

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

16 Sep 2014, 4:46 pm #50
(16 Sep 2014, 3:47 pm)cbma06 what has happened to NEB website?.   It looks terrible, everything is all over the place, hope this is not the new update, bring back the other one, cant post anything from tapatalk.

It's not. We've recently upgraded from v1.6 to v1.8 of the forum software, which has caused some unforeseen issues. One of which prevented the default template from working correctly. As a workaround, this template you see now has been installed. There's work going on in the background with Dan and Liam in order to correct the issue asap.

I'm having problems posting with tapatalk too. There were problems with some modules post-upgrade, and I'd hazard a guess that tapatalk was one of those plugins...

Adrian
16 Sep 2014, 4:46 pm #50

(16 Sep 2014, 3:47 pm)cbma06 what has happened to NEB website?.   It looks terrible, everything is all over the place, hope this is not the new update, bring back the other one, cant post anything from tapatalk.

It's not. We've recently upgraded from v1.6 to v1.8 of the forum software, which has caused some unforeseen issues. One of which prevented the default template from working correctly. As a workaround, this template you see now has been installed. There's work going on in the background with Dan and Liam in order to correct the issue asap.

I'm having problems posting with tapatalk too. There were problems with some modules post-upgrade, and I'd hazard a guess that tapatalk was one of those plugins...

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Sep 2014, 4:50 pm #51
To provide an update, Liam is currently working on a new theme for NEB, which will work without the assistance of some of the plugins we used previously which haven't actually been updated for myBB 1.8 as of yet.

It'd be such a shame to downgrade back to myBB 1.6, after the length of time we've waited for myBB 1.8 to be released, so we'd rather try and fix the issues we have come across with the upgrade.
Dan
16 Sep 2014, 4:50 pm #51

To provide an update, Liam is currently working on a new theme for NEB, which will work without the assistance of some of the plugins we used previously which haven't actually been updated for myBB 1.8 as of yet.

It'd be such a shame to downgrade back to myBB 1.6, after the length of time we've waited for myBB 1.8 to be released, so we'd rather try and fix the issues we have come across with the upgrade.

Michael

16 Sep 2014, 5:05 pm #52
Sorted now, only took 30 minutes to log in!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
16 Sep 2014, 5:05 pm #52

Sorted now, only took 30 minutes to log in!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

16 Sep 2014, 7:39 pm #53
Noticed its changed again Smile Hopefully this stops people from complaining.
S813 FVK
16 Sep 2014, 7:39 pm #53

Noticed its changed again Smile Hopefully this stops people from complaining.

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Sep 2014, 7:42 pm #54
(16 Sep 2014, 7:39 pm)Robert Noticed its changed again Smile Hopefully this stops people from complaining.

Changed again - yes.
Temporary again - yes.

Quotes should be fully functional again, as Liam has vigorously tested them and can't find fault. We've got the links to the fleet lists and everything else on the navigation bar.
I'm back in the server again, and Tapatalk works.

Happy days.
Dan
16 Sep 2014, 7:42 pm #54

(16 Sep 2014, 7:39 pm)Robert Noticed its changed again Smile Hopefully this stops people from complaining.

Changed again - yes.
Temporary again - yes.

Quotes should be fully functional again, as Liam has vigorously tested them and can't find fault. We've got the links to the fleet lists and everything else on the navigation bar.
I'm back in the server again, and Tapatalk works.

Happy days.

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Sep 2014, 7:57 pm #55
'Like' system up and running!
Feel free to 'like' until your heart is content!
Dan
16 Sep 2014, 7:57 pm #55

'Like' system up and running!

Tom

16 Sep 2014, 8:03 pm #56
(16 Sep 2014, 7:57 pm)Dan 'Like' system up and running!

Will the URL thing be sorted? Smile
Tom
16 Sep 2014, 8:03 pm #56

(16 Sep 2014, 7:57 pm)Dan 'Like' system up and running!

Will the URL thing be sorted? Smile

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Sep 2014, 8:04 pm #57
(16 Sep 2014, 8:03 pm)Tom Will the URL thing be sorted? Smile

URL thing... Elaborate?
Dan
16 Sep 2014, 8:04 pm #57

(16 Sep 2014, 8:03 pm)Tom Will the URL thing be sorted? Smile

URL thing... Elaborate?

Tom

16 Sep 2014, 8:13 pm #58
(16 Sep 2014, 8:04 pm)Dan URL thing... Elaborate?

Well when you try to put a picture in it doesn't work like it used to. (e.g on your signature)
Tom
16 Sep 2014, 8:13 pm #58

(16 Sep 2014, 8:04 pm)Dan URL thing... Elaborate?

Well when you try to put a picture in it doesn't work like it used to. (e.g on your signature)

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Sep 2014, 8:15 pm #59
(16 Sep 2014, 8:13 pm)Tom Well when you try to put a picture in it doesn't work like it used to. (e.g on your signature)

Ah right - yes. 'Tis on the list. Tongue 
Dan
16 Sep 2014, 8:15 pm #59

(16 Sep 2014, 8:13 pm)Tom Well when you try to put a picture in it doesn't work like it used to. (e.g on your signature)

Ah right - yes. 'Tis on the list. Tongue 

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Sep 2014, 8:34 pm #60
Updates - 16/09/14

- Users now have the ability to add HTML to posts.
This allows you to format your posts by adding bold text, italics, underlining text or 'striking through'; this also allows you to align your text (left, centre, right); this allows you to change your font size; and much, much, more. I do intend to add a spoiler code, but this requires a little bit of editing by Liam first.

- Users can now 'favourite' threads.
This is different to a forum subscription, whereby a user receives an e-mail every time a new post is made in this thread. This feature is mainly designed to collate your favourite threads in your User CP. You can add a thread to your 'favourites' by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking 'Add thread to Favourites'.

- Users can now view unread posts.
Those who have downloaded Tapatalk will know that you can easily view all unread posts and quickly flick through them. You can now do this on the desktop version of the website, too. This acts very much like a search facility, but will be useful to some who don't wish to go through all of the individual sub-forums.

- Users can now add their Social Media pages to their posts.
Please note that this is entirely optional, and those who wish to remain anonymous needn't use this feature. A lot of us have added links to our Flickr pages on our signatures, though this will no longer be required. You can add links to your Social Media websites via your User CP - simply look for 'Miscellaneous' on your User CP, then 'Social Sites'. This will add a small logo underneath your name (to the left) on each post, as you can see with my post.

- Users can now say what mood they're in.
I've seen this on a few forums and it's not something I'm overly interested in; however, we've got a "What's annoying you today?" thread as well as a "What's made you happy today?" thread, so I think it works. I think some of us are quite vocal about how we're feeling, what's got us down, etc, so it may be of use to these people. You can change your mood on the little grey bar underneath the navigation bar.

That's all for now...
Any problems, don't hesitate to PM me or drop me a line on this thread.
Dan
16 Sep 2014, 8:34 pm #60

Updates - 16/09/14

- Users now have the ability to add HTML to posts.
This allows you to format your posts by adding bold text, italics, underlining text or 'striking through'; this also allows you to align your text (left, centre, right); this allows you to change your font size; and much, much, more. I do intend to add a spoiler code, but this requires a little bit of editing by Liam first.

- Users can now 'favourite' threads.
This is different to a forum subscription, whereby a user receives an e-mail every time a new post is made in this thread. This feature is mainly designed to collate your favourite threads in your User CP. You can add a thread to your 'favourites' by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking 'Add thread to Favourites'.

- Users can now view unread posts.
Those who have downloaded Tapatalk will know that you can easily view all unread posts and quickly flick through them. You can now do this on the desktop version of the website, too. This acts very much like a search facility, but will be useful to some who don't wish to go through all of the individual sub-forums.

- Users can now add their Social Media pages to their posts.
Please note that this is entirely optional, and those who wish to remain anonymous needn't use this feature. A lot of us have added links to our Flickr pages on our signatures, though this will no longer be required. You can add links to your Social Media websites via your User CP - simply look for 'Miscellaneous' on your User CP, then 'Social Sites'. This will add a small logo underneath your name (to the left) on each post, as you can see with my post.

- Users can now say what mood they're in.
I've seen this on a few forums and it's not something I'm overly interested in; however, we've got a "What's annoying you today?" thread as well as a "What's made you happy today?" thread, so I think it works. I think some of us are quite vocal about how we're feeling, what's got us down, etc, so it may be of use to these people. You can change your mood on the little grey bar underneath the navigation bar.

That's all for now...
Any problems, don't hesitate to PM me or drop me a line on this thread.

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average