Menu

North East Buses The Site News & Site Updates Quoting Issues: Workarounds and Fixes

Quoting Issues: Workarounds and Fixes

Quoting Issues: Workarounds and Fixes

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm #1
As some of you may have noticed, I'm currently having some time away from the forum. So first and foremost - let this be a public apology if, by any chance, the news/fleet lists etc aren't kept up to date. I'll make sure everything is updated when I 'return', but I'm taking a backseat role on the forum for a while.

Back on-topic... Scott (tyresmoke) and I have been discussing the difficulties with quoting that some users have had since we updated to myBB 1.8, and I've been making attempts this evening to find a fix given that myBB have been useless when I've asked them for help.
The issue seems to boil down to the browser each user is using, so please see the section below which applies to you:

For Internet Explorer Users:
  • Ensure that you have downloaded the most recent version of Internet Explorer.
  • Change 'Compatibility View' settings to include 'northeastbuses.co.uk' (see screenshots below)
.png
neb_iecomp.PNG
Size 8.57 KB / Downloads 24

First click the 'Widget' in the top right hand corner of your Internet Explorer window, then click 'Compatibility View settings'.

.png
neb_iecomp2.PNG
Size 11.77 KB / Downloads 22

Next, type in 'northeastbuses.co.uk' into the section which allows you to add text, then click 'Add'. After this, click 'Close'.

Parts of this website are not functional with the latest version of Internet Explorer, so the website will look slightly different and appear the way it would have done in the previous version of Internet Explorer. After doing this, quoting functionality should work with no issues.

For Google Chrome Users:
As long as you have the most recent version of this web browser installed, you should have no issues.

For Mozilla Firefox Users:

As long as you have the most recent version of this web browser installed, you should have no issues.

For Apple Safari Users:
As long as you have the most recent version of this web browser installed, you should have no issues. However, it has been reported that mobile users with Safari are encountering difficulties. I personally do not own any Apple products, but I am led to believe that you cannot change your default web browser on Apple devices. As such, I can only suggest downloading Tapatalk (but please note that there are issues with myBB/Tapatalk at present too - discussed in 'Problems & Suggestions' sub-forum).

I hope this helps, but please advise me below if this hasn't worked for you. I'll be online for the rest of the night, but probably gone for a few days again after tonight (though you can still reach me on dan@northeastbuses.co.uk).
Dan
02 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm #1

As some of you may have noticed, I'm currently having some time away from the forum. So first and foremost - let this be a public apology if, by any chance, the news/fleet lists etc aren't kept up to date. I'll make sure everything is updated when I 'return', but I'm taking a backseat role on the forum for a while.

Back on-topic... Scott (tyresmoke) and I have been discussing the difficulties with quoting that some users have had since we updated to myBB 1.8, and I've been making attempts this evening to find a fix given that myBB have been useless when I've asked them for help.
The issue seems to boil down to the browser each user is using, so please see the section below which applies to you:

• Change 'Compatibility View' settings to include 'northeastbuses.co.uk' (see screenshots below)
.png
neb_iecomp.PNG
Size 8.57 KB / Downloads 24

First click the 'Widget' in the top right hand corner of your Internet Explorer window, then click 'Compatibility View settings'.

.png
neb_iecomp2.PNG
Size 11.77 KB / Downloads 22

Next, type in 'northeastbuses.co.uk' into the section which allows you to add text, then click 'Add'. After this, click 'Close'.

Parts of this website are not functional with the latest version of Internet Explorer, so the website will look slightly different and appear the way it would have done in the previous version of Internet Explorer. After doing this, quoting functionality should work with no issues.

For Google Chrome Users:

For Apple Safari Users:
As long as you have the most recent version of this web browser installed, you should have no issues. However, it has been reported that mobile users with Safari are encountering difficulties. I personally do not own any Apple products, but I am led to believe that you cannot change your default web browser on Apple devices. As such, I can only suggest downloading Tapatalk (but please note that there are issues with myBB/Tapatalk at present too - discussed in 'Problems & Suggestions' sub-forum).

I hope this helps, but please advise me below if this hasn't worked for you. I'll be online for the rest of the night, but probably gone for a few days again after tonight (though you can still reach me on dan@northeastbuses.co.uk).

Adam

02 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm #2
(02 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm)Dan As some of you may have noticed, I'm currently having some time away from the forum. So first and foremost - let this be a public apology if, by any chance, the news/fleet lists etc aren't kept up to date. I'll make sure everything is updated when I 'return', but I'm taking a backseat role on the forum for a while.

For Google Chrome Users:

For Apple Safari Users:

Just testing. Had to rely on me phone since the software update to quote people.

Edit: It works. Thanks Dan Smile
Edited 02 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm by Adam.
Adam
02 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm #2

(02 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm)Dan As some of you may have noticed, I'm currently having some time away from the forum. So first and foremost - let this be a public apology if, by any chance, the news/fleet lists etc aren't kept up to date. I'll make sure everything is updated when I 'return', but I'm taking a backseat role on the forum for a while.

For Google Chrome Users:

For Apple Safari Users:

Just testing. Had to rely on me phone since the software update to quote people.

Andreos1

02 Nov 2014, 8:24 pm #3
(02 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm)Adam Just testing. Had to rely on me phone since the software update to quote people.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
02 Nov 2014, 8:24 pm #3

(02 Nov 2014, 8:10 pm)Adam Just testing. Had to rely on me phone since the software update to quote people.

Andreos1

02 Nov 2014, 8:25 pm #4
On phone, IE doesn't give those options.

UC Browser still ain't quoting.

Andreos1
02 Nov 2014, 8:25 pm #4

On phone, IE doesn't give those options.

UC Browser still ain't quoting.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average