Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes

Go North East: Upcoming Service Changes

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (163): Previous 193 94 95163 Next

29 Sep 2015, 7:33 pm #1,861
I cannot quote for some reason on here, but I normally do cut and paste full details, not just links.

That will teach me Sad

Perhaps waiting until 1st October for announcement.
Edited 30 Sep 2015, 9:39 am by 47406.
29 Sep 2015, 7:33 pm #1,861

I cannot quote for some reason on here, but I normally do cut and paste full details, not just links.

That will teach me Sad

Michael

30 Sep 2015, 2:36 pm #1,862
(29 Sep 2015, 7:33 pm)47406 I cannot quote for some reason on here, but I normally do cut and paste full details, not just links.

That will teach me Sad

Probables will be now, still think they should of announced them earlier due to the big changes to the network.

GNE will probables announce all the changes together - but on different pages.... 

Wonder how the customers are going to re-act when they see them. Tongue
Edited 30 Sep 2015, 2:54 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Sep 2015, 2:36 pm #1,862

(29 Sep 2015, 7:33 pm)47406 I cannot quote for some reason on here, but I normally do cut and paste full details, not just links.

That will teach me Sad

Probables will be now, still think they should of announced them earlier due to the big changes to the network.

GNE will probables announce all the changes together - but on different pages.... 

Wonder how the customers are going to re-act when they see them. Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

30 Sep 2015, 2:59 pm #1,863
(30 Sep 2015, 2:36 pm)Michael Probables will be now, still think they should of announced them earlier due to the big changes to the network.

Should they have been posted earlier though? I think you're too eager to see what is happening  Tongue 

In all seriousness, I think 25 days is more than enough time for customers to read the changes.
S813 FVK
30 Sep 2015, 2:59 pm #1,863

(30 Sep 2015, 2:36 pm)Michael Probables will be now, still think they should of announced them earlier due to the big changes to the network.

Should they have been posted earlier though? I think you're too eager to see what is happening  Tongue 

In all seriousness, I think 25 days is more than enough time for customers to read the changes.

30 Sep 2015, 3:01 pm #1,864
(30 Sep 2015, 2:36 pm)Michael Wonder how the customers are going to re-act when they see them. Tongue

Do they ever read them though?

People keep ranting at Arriva staff because there was 'no notice' of a switch of roads on the X20 in Ashington. There was the Survey, that suggested a switch of roads, then a page that then mentioned the switch of roads, then leaflets distributed to Haymarket, Blyth, Ashington and Morpeth TIC, then reminders of the changes on the Facebook/Twitter pages, on board posters, a poster at Ashington bus station, signs on bus stops and stands explaining the change of routes............ 

Nobody reads them!
omnicity4659
30 Sep 2015, 3:01 pm #1,864

(30 Sep 2015, 2:36 pm)Michael Wonder how the customers are going to re-act when they see them. Tongue

Do they ever read them though?

People keep ranting at Arriva staff because there was 'no notice' of a switch of roads on the X20 in Ashington. There was the Survey, that suggested a switch of roads, then a page that then mentioned the switch of roads, then leaflets distributed to Haymarket, Blyth, Ashington and Morpeth TIC, then reminders of the changes on the Facebook/Twitter pages, on board posters, a poster at Ashington bus station, signs on bus stops and stands explaining the change of routes............ 

Nobody reads them!

Michael

30 Sep 2015, 3:04 pm #1,865
(30 Sep 2015, 2:59 pm)S813 FVK Should they have been posted earlier though? I think you're too eager to see what is happening  Tongue 

Honestly, its not for some though, we know what people are like for not reading them!  

GX03 SVC got there before me with his post about not reading them!

I'm looking forward to them, as a enthusiast, it'll be good go around on the new routes  Angel
Edited 30 Sep 2015, 3:05 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Sep 2015, 3:04 pm #1,865

(30 Sep 2015, 2:59 pm)S813 FVK Should they have been posted earlier though? I think you're too eager to see what is happening  Tongue 

Honestly, its not for some though, we know what people are like for not reading them!  

GX03 SVC got there before me with his post about not reading them!

I'm looking forward to them, as a enthusiast, it'll be good go around on the new routes  Angel

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

30 Sep 2015, 3:21 pm #1,866
(30 Sep 2015, 3:04 pm)Michael Honestly, its not for some though, we know what people are like for not reading them!  

Then that's their problem...?

We all know that the internet is becoming an essential part to our lives and this is shown by the fact that free WiFi is now becoming standard for cafes and buses etc. I therefore don't see how anybody won't have time to read a page of service changes in 25 days? Also, after the company have posted the changes on their website, they continuously post reminders on their social media pages informing customers along with a link to the website page with the changes on. If people don't read the changes anyway, I fail to see how posting them a few days earlier will help?
S813 FVK
30 Sep 2015, 3:21 pm #1,866

(30 Sep 2015, 3:04 pm)Michael Honestly, its not for some though, we know what people are like for not reading them!  

Then that's their problem...?

We all know that the internet is becoming an essential part to our lives and this is shown by the fact that free WiFi is now becoming standard for cafes and buses etc. I therefore don't see how anybody won't have time to read a page of service changes in 25 days? Also, after the company have posted the changes on their website, they continuously post reminders on their social media pages informing customers along with a link to the website page with the changes on. If people don't read the changes anyway, I fail to see how posting them a few days earlier will help?

Michael

30 Sep 2015, 3:29 pm #1,867
(30 Sep 2015, 3:21 pm)S813 FVK Then that's their problem...?

Not everyone has access to the internet though, sometimes when displayed on the buses, people find them hard to read or simply don't get the time - when getting on and off the bus or even if the bus is packed.... i think GNE should put a few notices on the buses about changes and not just at the front.

Social media, ye they put the links up every few days or so for changes but people can still miss them.

Can blame both really.
Edited 30 Sep 2015, 3:33 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Sep 2015, 3:29 pm #1,867

(30 Sep 2015, 3:21 pm)S813 FVK Then that's their problem...?

Not everyone has access to the internet though, sometimes when displayed on the buses, people find them hard to read or simply don't get the time - when getting on and off the bus or even if the bus is packed.... i think GNE should put a few notices on the buses about changes and not just at the front.

Social media, ye they put the links up every few days or so for changes but people can still miss them.

Can blame both really.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

30 Sep 2015, 3:32 pm #1,868
(30 Sep 2015, 3:29 pm)Michael Not everyone has access to the internet though, sometimes when displayed on the buses, people find them hard to read or simply don't get the time - when getting on and off the bus or even if the bus is packed.... i think GNE should put a few notices on the buses about changes and not just at the front.

Social media, they they put the links up every few days or so for changes but people can still miss them.

So what difference is putting the changes up a few days earlier going to do? Won't make them have access to the internet.
S813 FVK
30 Sep 2015, 3:32 pm #1,868

(30 Sep 2015, 3:29 pm)Michael Not everyone has access to the internet though, sometimes when displayed on the buses, people find them hard to read or simply don't get the time - when getting on and off the bus or even if the bus is packed.... i think GNE should put a few notices on the buses about changes and not just at the front.

Social media, they they put the links up every few days or so for changes but people can still miss them.

So what difference is putting the changes up a few days earlier going to do? Won't make them have access to the internet.

Michael

30 Sep 2015, 3:37 pm #1,869
(30 Sep 2015, 3:32 pm)S813 FVK So what difference is putting the changes up a few days earlier going to do? Won't make them have access to the internet.

Well it was because of the size of the changes... i mean more than half of the Stanley services are changing... thought they would of put them on a little earlier because of that...people have work etc.... means they might have to get an earlier bus etc... which can effect other things such as childcare etc.... 

Changes like this i think should be announced a tad earlier, smaller changes should be announced closer but that's my opinion on it. =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Sep 2015, 3:37 pm #1,869

(30 Sep 2015, 3:32 pm)S813 FVK So what difference is putting the changes up a few days earlier going to do? Won't make them have access to the internet.

Well it was because of the size of the changes... i mean more than half of the Stanley services are changing... thought they would of put them on a little earlier because of that...people have work etc.... means they might have to get an earlier bus etc... which can effect other things such as childcare etc.... 

Changes like this i think should be announced a tad earlier, smaller changes should be announced closer but that's my opinion on it. =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

30 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm #1,870
(30 Sep 2015, 3:37 pm)Michael Well it was because of the size of the changes... i mean more than half of the Stanley services are changing... thought they would of put them on a little earlier because of that...people have work etc.... means they might have to get an earlier bus etc... which can effect other things such as childcare etc.... 

It won't take that much longer to read compared to a normal set of changes? Apologies for not being able to see what you mean but i still have the opinion that most people (taking into account of those who don't have internet access) will have time in 25 days to sit down and read the changes, however big they are.
Edited 30 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm by S813 FVK.
S813 FVK
30 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm #1,870

(30 Sep 2015, 3:37 pm)Michael Well it was because of the size of the changes... i mean more than half of the Stanley services are changing... thought they would of put them on a little earlier because of that...people have work etc.... means they might have to get an earlier bus etc... which can effect other things such as childcare etc.... 

It won't take that much longer to read compared to a normal set of changes? Apologies for not being able to see what you mean but i still have the opinion that most people (taking into account of those who don't have internet access) will have time in 25 days to sit down and read the changes, however big they are.

Michael

30 Sep 2015, 3:53 pm #1,871
(30 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm)S813 FVK It won't take that much longer to read compared to a normal set of changes? Apologies for not being able to see what you mean but i still have the opinion that most people (taking into account of those who don't have internet access) will have time in 25 days to sit down and read the changes, however big they are.

No need to apologise, everyone has a opinion, its good to hear other people opinions on the subject =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Sep 2015, 3:53 pm #1,871

(30 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm)S813 FVK It won't take that much longer to read compared to a normal set of changes? Apologies for not being able to see what you mean but i still have the opinion that most people (taking into account of those who don't have internet access) will have time in 25 days to sit down and read the changes, however big they are.

No need to apologise, everyone has a opinion, its good to hear other people opinions on the subject =)

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Sep 2015, 3:56 pm #1,872

The flip side to the coin is that it can cause confusion if changes are announced too early.

A year or two ago, I remember having a conversation with an elderly passenger who had heard that a service had been withdrawn, when in reality it was only having its route changed in a few weeks' time. She was shocked when I told her that the current service wasn't due to be changed for a few weeks, and that she could continue to her destination as she usually would until x date.

With regards to putting more posters up on buses - you're quite limited to what you can do with printed material on buses, especially with changes as significant as these. The posters on buses often refer passengers to the website anyway, so those without Internet access are often made to find some way to read the changes online. This applies to other companies, too, not just Go North East.
Dan
30 Sep 2015, 3:56 pm #1,872

The flip side to the coin is that it can cause confusion if changes are announced too early.

A year or two ago, I remember having a conversation with an elderly passenger who had heard that a service had been withdrawn, when in reality it was only having its route changed in a few weeks' time. She was shocked when I told her that the current service wasn't due to be changed for a few weeks, and that she could continue to her destination as she usually would until x date.

With regards to putting more posters up on buses - you're quite limited to what you can do with printed material on buses, especially with changes as significant as these. The posters on buses often refer passengers to the website anyway, so those without Internet access are often made to find some way to read the changes online. This applies to other companies, too, not just Go North East.

Michael

30 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm #1,873
(30 Sep 2015, 3:56 pm)Dan The flip side to the coin is that it can cause confusion if changes are announced too early.

Will they have leaflets on the buses soon, that would be a big help.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm #1,873

(30 Sep 2015, 3:56 pm)Dan The flip side to the coin is that it can cause confusion if changes are announced too early.

Will they have leaflets on the buses soon, that would be a big help.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Oct 2015, 9:03 am #1,874
Changes to your Stanley network from 25 October 2015
http://www.simplygo.com/news/changes-to-...tober-2015

Note that services X30/X31/X32 will be morphed into the "Toonlink" brand, and the new brand name for services 6 and X70/X71 is "Northern".
Dan
01 Oct 2015, 9:03 am #1,874

Changes to your Stanley network from 25 October 2015

Note that services X30/X31/X32 will be morphed into the "Toonlink" brand, and the new brand name for services 6 and X70/X71 is "Northern".

01 Oct 2015, 9:15 am #1,875
(01 Oct 2015, 9:03 am)Dan Changes to your Stanley network from 25 October 2015

Northern service 6?

Id like to see the brand for that!
Edited 01 Oct 2015, 9:16 am by omnicity4659.
omnicity4659
01 Oct 2015, 9:15 am #1,875

(01 Oct 2015, 9:03 am)Dan Changes to your Stanley network from 25 October 2015

Northern service 6?

Id like to see the brand for that!

01 Oct 2015, 9:37 am #1,876
Full service change information

New Northern 6

This new service replaces the northern section of the current Diamond service 43/44/44A between Newcastle and Stanley.
The route will operate via Central Station, Metrocentre, Whickham Front Street, Whickham Broom Lane, Sunniside Gladeley Way, Burnopfield, Lintz Estate, Tantobie Road Ends, White le Head, Flint Hill, Dipton, Harelaw, Catchgate and Annfield Plain.
This means that all areas on the northern section of the current 43/44/44A continue to have a service every 30 minutes to Stanley, Newcastle and Metrocentre on new service 6, except Tanfield Lea. Tanfield Lea will continue to have a service every 30 minutes on new services V7 and V8. Burnopfield will also be served by the new service V7.
Service 6 will operate every 30 minutes Monday-Saturday, and every 60 minutes on Sundays.
During Monday-Saturday daytimes, the service will operate non-stop between Riverside depot and Central Station, providing a fast journey into Newcastle.
Will depart from Stand D in Eldon Square. At Metrocentre, the service will use Stand G towards Stanley.
On evenings in Newcastle City Centre, the service will follow the normal daytime route via Newgate Street.

Coast & Country 8 & 8A

This service will no longer operate via High Handenhold. Passengers travelling from High Handenhold can continue to use Waggonway service 28/28A.
Coast & Country 8 will no longer serve the bus stop outside the Royal Hotel in Stanley – passengers wishing to use service 8 are advised to board the service at Stanley Bus Station.
Coast & Country service 8 will operate into Beamish Museum on all days when the museum is open.
There will also be some changes to the timetable to improve reliability.

Services 15 & 15A

A small number of morning journeys on Monday-Friday are retimed.
There will be a much improved service on Sundays, with the frequency increased to every hour. The Sunday journeys will all operate as service 15A via Delves.

New Durham Diamond 16 & 16A

New service, replacing the southern section of the Diamond between Stanley and Durham, and replacing the current Venture service V8 between Stanley, Consett and Castleside.
Between Stanley and Durham, the service will operate as the current Diamond.
16 will operate via South Stanley (as the current 44/44A) every 30 minutes on Monday-Saturday daytimes
16A will operate via South Moor (as the current 43) every 30 minutes on Monday-Saturday daytimes
16 and 16A coordinate to provide a bus every 15 minutes between Stanley, Craghead, Sacriston and Durham
16 will continue from Stanley to Castleside via Consett, replacing service V8. This also means that any passengers travelling from the areas around Dipton, Flint Hill and Annfield Plain continue to have a direct service to Durham.

New Venture 30

Replaces current Venture service 130 and the X30/X31 between Stanley and Lanchester.
It will run every 30 minutes on Monday-Saturday daytimes between Stanley and Lanchester via South Moor, Quaking Houses and Burnhope.
Most journeys on service 30 are timed to meet revised service X30 in Stanley Bus Station, allowing connections between Stanley and Newcastle.

Diamond 43, 44 & 44A

Despite many attempts to improve the reliability of this service, it continues to suffer from reliability issues caused by traffic congestion in Newcastle, Metrocentre and Durham. A problem at just one of these locations means that passengers along the whole route are affected.
Therefore, to improve reliability the service will be split at Stanley Bus Station, with the sections of the route continuing to operate in similar but different ways to at present.
The southern section of route between Durham and Stanley will be replaced by new service 16/16A, running at the same frequency as now. Service 16 will continue beyond Stanley to Annfield Plain, Dipton and Flint Hill, meaning passengers from areas such as these will continue to have a direct bus to Durham.
The northern section of the route between Stanley and Newcastle will be replaced by new services 6, V7 and V8.

Red Kite 45 & 46

The timetable of this service will be amended to improve reliability.
The timetable is also revised to provide a service up to every 10 minutes between Rowlands Gill, Metrocentre and Newcastle
All journeys will now operate via Askew Road throughout the day.
On evenings in Newcastle City Centre, the service will follow the normal daytime route via Newgate Street.

Coast and Country 78 & 78A

The timetable of service 78 will be revised to improve reliability
Evening and Sunday service 78A will no longer serve the Royal Hotel in Stanley. Passengers wishing to board service 78A are advised to board instead at Stanley Bus Station.

Venture 130

Replaced by new Venture service 30

Venture 131

Replaced by new Venture service V7

Venture 704

Retimed

Venture 706 & 707

We commenced operation of this service in January 2015. Unfortunately the number of passengers travelling isn’t enough to continue operating the service.
Passengers travelling from Fines Park can use new service V8.

Passengers from other sections of route are advised to catch the other revised services which operate nearby.

Venture V1

Most Sunday journeys are replaced by an improved service 15A.
There are no other changes to this service.

New Venture V7 & V8

These new services replace the current X43 and 131, along with parts of the Diamond 43 (between Burnopfield, Tanfield Lea and Stanley) and part of the 706/707 (to Fines Park).
V7 will run between Metrocentre and East Stanley via Whickham Fellside Road, Burnopfield Front Street and Syke Road, Tanfield Lea and Stanley Bus Station. In East Stanley the service will follow the route of the current 131.
V8 will operate between Metrocentre and Fines Park via Whickham Fellside Road, Crookgate Broom Terrace, Tanfield Village, Tanfield Lea, Stanley Bus Station and Annfield Plain.
V7 and V8 combine to provide a service about every 30 minutes between Metrocentre, Tanfield Lea and Stanley on Monday-Saturday daytimes, and every 60 minutes on Sundays.
This provides more fast buses from Stanley to Metrocentre.
These services will depart from Stand G at Metrocentre.

Current Venture V8

The current V8 service will be replaced by new service 16/16A, on the same route and frequency as at present.

Services X30, X31 and new X32

Rebranded as ToonLink
X30 and X31 will be revised to run between Newcastle and Stanley Bus Station only. The southern section of the route between Stanley and Lanchester is replaced by new service 30.
The frequency of the service between Stanley and Newcastle will be increased to every 15 minutes, providing more fast buses.
An hourly Sunday service will also be introduced, following requests from passengers.
X30 will run the same route as now between Stanley and Sunniside. From Sunnside, it will then operate via Whickham and Dunston into Newcastle instead of Lobley Hill and Gateshead.
X30 is timed to connect with new service 30 in Stanley Bus Station, to provide opportunities for through travel between Newcastle and Lanchester.
The route of service X31 is largely unchanged, but it will no longer serve the Royal Hotel in Stanley.
New service X32 will operate twice in the morning towards Newcastle and twice in the afternoon from Newcastle via the full length of Team Valley, to improve access to employment opportunities for residents of County Durham.

Service X43

Replaced by the new services V7 and V8, which provide more fast buses between Stanley and Metrocentre.

Services X70, X71 & X72

The timetable of these services are revised to improve reliability
These services will now depart from Stand E in Eldon Square Bus Station.

Scholars Services

There is currently a number of students travel on service X31 to St Bede’s at Lanchester. A new scholars service 831 will be introduced between Stanley Bus Station and St Bede’s via the X31 route to ensure these students can still travel.
In addition, one journey per day on service 30 will also call into St Bede’s school.
There are currently extra journeys on service 43/44/843 on schooldays. These journeys will operate as part of service 16/16A. A scholars service 816 will also run from Burnopfield via Tanfield Lea.

Stanley Bus Station departure stands

Stand A - unused
Stand B - V8 towards Fines Park
Stand C - 78 towards Consett
Stand D - 6 towards Newcastle, 16 towards Castleside
Stand E - V7/V8 towards Metrocentre
Stand F - 30 towards Lancheste
Stand G - 16/16A towards Durham
Stand H - 8/78/78A towards Sunderland
Stand J - X30/X31/X32 towards Newcastle
Stand K - V7 towards East Stanley
Edited 01 Oct 2015, 9:40 am by 47406.
01 Oct 2015, 9:37 am #1,876

Full service change information

New Northern 6

This new service replaces the northern section of the current Diamond service 43/44/44A between Newcastle and Stanley.
The route will operate via Central Station, Metrocentre, Whickham Front Street, Whickham Broom Lane, Sunniside Gladeley Way, Burnopfield, Lintz Estate, Tantobie Road Ends, White le Head, Flint Hill, Dipton, Harelaw, Catchgate and Annfield Plain.
This means that all areas on the northern section of the current 43/44/44A continue to have a service every 30 minutes to Stanley, Newcastle and Metrocentre on new service 6, except Tanfield Lea. Tanfield Lea will continue to have a service every 30 minutes on new services V7 and V8. Burnopfield will also be served by the new service V7.
Service 6 will operate every 30 minutes Monday-Saturday, and every 60 minutes on Sundays.
During Monday-Saturday daytimes, the service will operate non-stop between Riverside depot and Central Station, providing a fast journey into Newcastle.
Will depart from Stand D in Eldon Square. At Metrocentre, the service will use Stand G towards Stanley.

Coast & Country 8 & 8A

This service will no longer operate via High Handenhold. Passengers travelling from High Handenhold can continue to use Waggonway service 28/28A.
Coast & Country 8 will no longer serve the bus stop outside the Royal Hotel in Stanley – passengers wishing to use service 8 are advised to board the service at Stanley Bus Station.
Coast & Country service 8 will operate into Beamish Museum on all days when the museum is open.
There will also be some changes to the timetable to improve reliability.

Services 15 & 15A

A small number of morning journeys on Monday-Friday are retimed.
There will be a much improved service on Sundays, with the frequency increased to every hour. The Sunday journeys will all operate as service 15A via Delves.

New Durham Diamond 16 & 16A

New service, replacing the southern section of the Diamond between Stanley and Durham, and replacing the current Venture service V8 between Stanley, Consett and Castleside.
Between Stanley and Durham, the service will operate as the current Diamond.
16 will operate via South Stanley (as the current 44/44A) every 30 minutes on Monday-Saturday daytimes
16A will operate via South Moor (as the current 43) every 30 minutes on Monday-Saturday daytimes
16 and 16A coordinate to provide a bus every 15 minutes between Stanley, Craghead, Sacriston and Durham
16 will continue from Stanley to Castleside via Consett, replacing service V8. This also means that any passengers travelling from the areas around Dipton, Flint Hill and Annfield Plain continue to have a direct service to Durham.

New Venture 30

Replaces current Venture service 130 and the X30/X31 between Stanley and Lanchester.
It will run every 30 minutes on Monday-Saturday daytimes between Stanley and Lanchester via South Moor, Quaking Houses and Burnhope.
Most journeys on service 30 are timed to meet revised service X30 in Stanley Bus Station, allowing connections between Stanley and Newcastle.

Diamond 43, 44 & 44A

Despite many attempts to improve the reliability of this service, it continues to suffer from reliability issues caused by traffic congestion in Newcastle, Metrocentre and Durham. A problem at just one of these locations means that passengers along the whole route are affected.
Therefore, to improve reliability the service will be split at Stanley Bus Station, with the sections of the route continuing to operate in similar but different ways to at present.
The southern section of route between Durham and Stanley will be replaced by new service 16/16A, running at the same frequency as now. Service 16 will continue beyond Stanley to Annfield Plain, Dipton and Flint Hill, meaning passengers from areas such as these will continue to have a direct bus to Durham.
The northern section of the route between Stanley and Newcastle will be replaced by new services 6, V7 and V8.

Red Kite 45 & 46

The timetable of this service will be amended to improve reliability.
The timetable is also revised to provide a service up to every 10 minutes between Rowlands Gill, Metrocentre and Newcastle
All journeys will now operate via Askew Road throughout the day.

Coast and Country 78 & 78A

The timetable of service 78 will be revised to improve reliability
Evening and Sunday service 78A will no longer serve the Royal Hotel in Stanley. Passengers wishing to board service 78A are advised to board instead at Stanley Bus Station.

Venture 130

Replaced by new Venture service 30

Venture 131

Replaced by new Venture service V7

Venture 704

Retimed

Venture 706 & 707

We commenced operation of this service in January 2015. Unfortunately the number of passengers travelling isn’t enough to continue operating the service.
Passengers travelling from Fines Park can use new service V8.

Passengers from other sections of route are advised to catch the other revised services which operate nearby.

Venture V1

Most Sunday journeys are replaced by an improved service 15A.
There are no other changes to this service.

New Venture V7 & V8

These new services replace the current X43 and 131, along with parts of the Diamond 43 (between Burnopfield, Tanfield Lea and Stanley) and part of the 706/707 (to Fines Park).
V7 will run between Metrocentre and East Stanley via Whickham Fellside Road, Burnopfield Front Street and Syke Road, Tanfield Lea and Stanley Bus Station. In East Stanley the service will follow the route of the current 131.
V8 will operate between Metrocentre and Fines Park via Whickham Fellside Road, Crookgate Broom Terrace, Tanfield Village, Tanfield Lea, Stanley Bus Station and Annfield Plain.
V7 and V8 combine to provide a service about every 30 minutes between Metrocentre, Tanfield Lea and Stanley on Monday-Saturday daytimes, and every 60 minutes on Sundays.
This provides more fast buses from Stanley to Metrocentre.
These services will depart from Stand G at Metrocentre.

Current Venture V8

The current V8 service will be replaced by new service 16/16A, on the same route and frequency as at present.

Services X30, X31 and new X32

Rebranded as ToonLink
X30 and X31 will be revised to run between Newcastle and Stanley Bus Station only. The southern section of the route between Stanley and Lanchester is replaced by new service 30.
The frequency of the service between Stanley and Newcastle will be increased to every 15 minutes, providing more fast buses.
An hourly Sunday service will also be introduced, following requests from passengers.
X30 will run the same route as now between Stanley and Sunniside. From Sunnside, it will then operate via Whickham and Dunston into Newcastle instead of Lobley Hill and Gateshead.
X30 is timed to connect with new service 30 in Stanley Bus Station, to provide opportunities for through travel between Newcastle and Lanchester.
The route of service X31 is largely unchanged, but it will no longer serve the Royal Hotel in Stanley.
New service X32 will operate twice in the morning towards Newcastle and twice in the afternoon from Newcastle via the full length of Team Valley, to improve access to employment opportunities for residents of County Durham.

Service X43

Replaced by the new services V7 and V8, which provide more fast buses between Stanley and Metrocentre.

Services X70, X71 & X72

The timetable of these services are revised to improve reliability
These services will now depart from Stand E in Eldon Square Bus Station.

Scholars Services

There is currently a number of students travel on service X31 to St Bede’s at Lanchester. A new scholars service 831 will be introduced between Stanley Bus Station and St Bede’s via the X31 route to ensure these students can still travel.
In addition, one journey per day on service 30 will also call into St Bede’s school.
There are currently extra journeys on service 43/44/843 on schooldays. These journeys will operate as part of service 16/16A. A scholars service 816 will also run from Burnopfield via Tanfield Lea.

Stanley Bus Station departure stands

Stand A - unused
Stand B - V8 towards Fines Park
Stand C - 78 towards Consett
Stand D - 6 towards Newcastle, 16 towards Castleside
Stand E - V7/V8 towards Metrocentre
Stand F - 30 towards Lancheste
Stand G - 16/16A towards Durham
Stand H - 8/78/78A towards Sunderland
Stand J - X30/X31/X32 towards Newcastle
Stand K - V7 towards East Stanley

Michael

01 Oct 2015, 9:58 am #1,877
Intresting changes, at college so i'll have a proper look when i get back tonight!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Oct 2015, 9:58 am #1,877

Intresting changes, at college so i'll have a proper look when i get back tonight!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

01 Oct 2015, 11:22 am #1,878
(01 Oct 2015, 9:37 am)47406 Stand F - 30 towards Lancheste

They've missed the "r" of Lanchester in the list of stand departures from Stanley Bus Station.

I'm aware it looks like I'm nitpicking.

Not sure what to make of these changes as I'm hardly likely to use many of these services apart from on outings.
Jimmi
01 Oct 2015, 11:22 am #1,878

(01 Oct 2015, 9:37 am)47406 Stand F - 30 towards Lancheste

They've missed the "r" of Lanchester in the list of stand departures from Stanley Bus Station.

I'm aware it looks like I'm nitpicking.

Not sure what to make of these changes as I'm hardly likely to use many of these services apart from on outings.

01 Oct 2015, 12:29 pm #1,879
Has anything been set up to replace the X31 operating through Greencroft Industrial estate, or are no services going that way?
Arcticrossy92
01 Oct 2015, 12:29 pm #1,879

Has anything been set up to replace the X31 operating through Greencroft Industrial estate, or are no services going that way?

markydh

01 Oct 2015, 12:41 pm #1,880
Surely Northern just means plain red corporate livery? That's what they've meant when they've used that phrase in the past. Which surprises me for such a major route. Unless it is earmarked for new vehicles at some stage in this financial year. Could they be using Scania deckers for now?
markydh
01 Oct 2015, 12:41 pm #1,880

Surely Northern just means plain red corporate livery? That's what they've meant when they've used that phrase in the past. Which surprises me for such a major route. Unless it is earmarked for new vehicles at some stage in this financial year. Could they be using Scania deckers for now?

Pages (163): Previous 193 94 95163 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average