Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Other Operators Teesside Independents Coatham Coaches

Coatham Coaches

Coatham Coaches

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (6) Previous 14 5 6
Mike_98

19 Feb 2024, 9:34 pm #101
(19 Feb 2024, 9:13 pm)tyresmoke Two buses AM & PM - we currently use the two E200s on it. It’s purely on site at Teesworks for the SeAH factory.

There is lots of work ongoing on the Teesworks site itself, with construction confirmed today for the ‘NetZero Teesside’ carbon capture plant too!

They’re building a permanent park & ride at Steel House which will be entirely for people working on site, and a bigger contract is expected for that in the future!

As for further services… I’d love to… but we would need a gap to step into! It’s my background after all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh cool. There is soo much potential for that big site. 

Only just paid attention that you work for Coatham. I don't know too much about them but don't they run a contract for Boulby Potash workers too. I know people drive to the depot in Margrove and then a coach takes em to the potash? Also I believe they are converting the Old Nursing Home in Boosbeck to a hotel for the workers in Boulby.

Also, is it fun competing against Skelton Coaches down the road or do you have like a partnership / deal with them? I know I ask a lot of questions but also was Stockton a part of Skelton Coaches back in the day?
Edited 19 Feb 2024, 9:39 pm by Mike_98.
Mike_98
19 Feb 2024, 9:34 pm #101

(19 Feb 2024, 9:13 pm)tyresmoke Two buses AM & PM - we currently use the two E200s on it. It’s purely on site at Teesworks for the SeAH factory.

There is lots of work ongoing on the Teesworks site itself, with construction confirmed today for the ‘NetZero Teesside’ carbon capture plant too!

They’re building a permanent park & ride at Steel House which will be entirely for people working on site, and a bigger contract is expected for that in the future!

As for further services… I’d love to… but we would need a gap to step into! It’s my background after all!

Ahh cool. There is soo much potential for that big site. 

Only just paid attention that you work for Coatham. I don't know too much about them but don't they run a contract for Boulby Potash workers too. I know people drive to the depot in Margrove and then a coach takes em to the potash? Also I believe they are converting the Old Nursing Home in Boosbeck to a hotel for the workers in Boulby.

Also, is it fun competing against Skelton Coaches down the road or do you have like a partnership / deal with them? I know I ask a lot of questions but also was Stockton a part of Skelton Coaches back in the day?

tyresmoke

19 Feb 2024, 9:44 pm #102
(19 Feb 2024, 9:34 pm)Mike_98 Ahh cool. There is soo much potential for that big site. 

Only just paid attention that you work for Coatham. I don't know too much about them but don't they run a contract for Boulby Potash workers too. I know people drive to the depot in Margrove and then a coach takes em to the potash? Also I believe the a Converting the Old Nursing Home in Boosbeck to a hotel for the workers in Boulby.

There is huge potential on the Teesworks site and will be a big thing over the next 5 years or so as construction goes on.

The park & ride we have on site isn’t for Boulby - it’s for AngloAmerican at Woodsmith, near Whitby. We have coaches going up there all hours of the day and night! That’s just one route out of about 7 or 8 now… yet another huge project going on in our area, albeit just into North Yorkshire that one.

We’ve heard rumours of the old care home in Boosbeck, but not seen anything concrete yet!

As for team orange… well let’s just say both operators don’t talk. Stockton Coaches was (I believe, bit before my time!) a ‘brand name’ designed to wind up other operators when they ran some Conyers (I think it was?) contracts for a short while! Ironically the targeted operator does the same thing themselves with ‘York City’ to ruffle feathers…

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
19 Feb 2024, 9:44 pm #102

(19 Feb 2024, 9:34 pm)Mike_98 Ahh cool. There is soo much potential for that big site. 

Only just paid attention that you work for Coatham. I don't know too much about them but don't they run a contract for Boulby Potash workers too. I know people drive to the depot in Margrove and then a coach takes em to the potash? Also I believe the a Converting the Old Nursing Home in Boosbeck to a hotel for the workers in Boulby.

There is huge potential on the Teesworks site and will be a big thing over the next 5 years or so as construction goes on.

The park & ride we have on site isn’t for Boulby - it’s for AngloAmerican at Woodsmith, near Whitby. We have coaches going up there all hours of the day and night! That’s just one route out of about 7 or 8 now… yet another huge project going on in our area, albeit just into North Yorkshire that one.

We’ve heard rumours of the old care home in Boosbeck, but not seen anything concrete yet!

As for team orange… well let’s just say both operators don’t talk. Stockton Coaches was (I believe, bit before my time!) a ‘brand name’ designed to wind up other operators when they ran some Conyers (I think it was?) contracts for a short while! Ironically the targeted operator does the same thing themselves with ‘York City’ to ruffle feathers…

Mike_98

19 Feb 2024, 9:59 pm #103
(19 Feb 2024, 9:44 pm)tyresmoke There is huge potential on the Teesworks site and will be a big thing over the next 5 years or so as construction goes on.

Ahhh yeh, The Woodsmith Fertilizer Mine. I always thought it was boulby. Yeh, construction is on the way at the Old Nursing Home. People live near it said they got a letter saying that is what it was for to house Boulby Potash workers but we'll see what happens there.

'Team Orange' ahha. I'm guessing it's one of them where ya can't say there name or it leaves a weird taste in your mouth, fair enough. Surprised ya don't talk to each other but as you mentioned they like to ruffle feathers with other companies. Have team orange ever done it to Coatham yet? I'm guessing not as you are 2 mins away from each other.
Edited 19 Feb 2024, 10:00 pm by Mike_98.
Mike_98
19 Feb 2024, 9:59 pm #103

(19 Feb 2024, 9:44 pm)tyresmoke There is huge potential on the Teesworks site and will be a big thing over the next 5 years or so as construction goes on.

Ahhh yeh, The Woodsmith Fertilizer Mine. I always thought it was boulby. Yeh, construction is on the way at the Old Nursing Home. People live near it said they got a letter saying that is what it was for to house Boulby Potash workers but we'll see what happens there.

'Team Orange' ahha. I'm guessing it's one of them where ya can't say there name or it leaves a weird taste in your mouth, fair enough. Surprised ya don't talk to each other but as you mentioned they like to ruffle feathers with other companies. Have team orange ever done it to Coatham yet? I'm guessing not as you are 2 mins away from each other.

tyresmoke

29 Feb 2024, 7:56 pm #104
(19 Feb 2024, 9:59 pm)Mike_98 Ahhh yeh, The Woodsmith Fertilizer Mine. I always thought it was boulby. Yeh, construction is on the way at the Old Nursing Home. People live near it said they got a letter saying that is what it was for to house Boulby Potash workers but we'll see what happens there.

Yeah we take the staff up to Woodsmith all day every day… soon to be pretty much 24/7. I mean we only have about a 5 hour gap in operations anyway now!

Skelton’s are only round the corner yet never speak to us, and we don’t bother with them to be honest. Each get on with their own operations… we have more interaction with Generation at Stokesley! We work closely with a few other operators in the North East though and bits of work go each way as and when we need things covering…

As Hodgsons have now registered them I can sadly say we have lost the tenders for services 18 and 80/89 from April. The 6th will be our final day operating the 80/89, with the 18 finishing the day before.

tyresmoke
29 Feb 2024, 7:56 pm #104

(19 Feb 2024, 9:59 pm)Mike_98 Ahhh yeh, The Woodsmith Fertilizer Mine. I always thought it was boulby. Yeh, construction is on the way at the Old Nursing Home. People live near it said they got a letter saying that is what it was for to house Boulby Potash workers but we'll see what happens there.

Yeah we take the staff up to Woodsmith all day every day… soon to be pretty much 24/7. I mean we only have about a 5 hour gap in operations anyway now!

Skelton’s are only round the corner yet never speak to us, and we don’t bother with them to be honest. Each get on with their own operations… we have more interaction with Generation at Stokesley! We work closely with a few other operators in the North East though and bits of work go each way as and when we need things covering…

As Hodgsons have now registered them I can sadly say we have lost the tenders for services 18 and 80/89 from April. The 6th will be our final day operating the 80/89, with the 18 finishing the day before.

Mike_98

05 Mar 2024, 2:58 pm #105
(29 Feb 2024, 7:56 pm)tyresmoke Yeah we take the staff up to Woodsmith all day every day… soon to be pretty much 24/7. I mean we only have about a 5 hour gap in operations anyway now!

How come your losing the tenders for them? Such a shame. I imagine you will be keeping your 2 MMC's for the P&R for the Teesworks. Also what vehicle is on the 18 today. Doesn't seem to be tracking, same happened yesterday.
Mike_98
05 Mar 2024, 2:58 pm #105

(29 Feb 2024, 7:56 pm)tyresmoke Yeah we take the staff up to Woodsmith all day every day… soon to be pretty much 24/7. I mean we only have about a 5 hour gap in operations anyway now!

How come your losing the tenders for them? Such a shame. I imagine you will be keeping your 2 MMC's for the P&R for the Teesworks. Also what vehicle is on the 18 today. Doesn't seem to be tracking, same happened yesterday.

Pages (6) Previous 14 5 6

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average