Login Register
North East Buses Forum The Canteen Competition Monthly Photo Competition
Competition - 2015 Plans/Suggestions
Hi all,

As most of you will know, I am looking to start this competition up again. I need to make it so it will appeal to a wider range of people, as some of you may not take photographs of buses, so it may not be fair if I just have a photo competition.

Some rounds I was thinking of were:

Traditional Photo Competition
  • As opposed to the previous two weeks in to enter the photo competition, I propose to give entrants six weeks to enter the competition.
  • The photo would have to be taken within that six weeks, and cannot be on the public domain, for example flickr. This is to avoid voting being unfair. 
  • The voting period would last two weeks, which is unchanged. 
Guess the Bus
  • There will be twelve rounds of Guess the Bus every month. 
  • Each round will last nine days, and the first person to post the correct answer will receive one point. 
  • The overall winner will receive five points to their tally, second three, third two and any other position will get one point.
To make it a bit more interesting, I also would like to have a sport themed competition to add onto this.
I was thinking about a tipping competition, where you can pick a horse, football result or something like that, and the winner at the end of it will receive an explorer. I'm not sure whether to tie these together, and as usual, suggestions are welcome Smile
Sounds good to me, minus the league system. I don't think there's much point in keeping a league, unless there's a sponsored prize at the end. It'd perhaps be nice if one of the big three were willing to sponsor such a prize (weekly ticket or something), but like they say, you don't get if you don't ask!
(30/12/2014, 21:30)aureolin Wrote: Sounds good to me, minus the league system. I don't think there's much point in keeping a league, unless there's a sponsored prize at the end. It'd perhaps be nice if one of the big three were willing to sponsor such a prize (weekly ticket or something), but like they say, you don't get if you don't ask!

And you still get nowt when you ask......
(30/12/2014, 21:33)citaro5284 Wrote: And you still get nowt when you ask......

Guess it depends which companies you ask! Plenty of other communities get all sorts to offer out through competitions. Another community I use regularly offer CDs, DVDs and Gift Cards out, by sticking the company/label as their competition sponsor.
By a sport theme, am I right in thinking you're referring to a Stagecoach P&R shot with the SoL in the background - or something underneath St. James' Park? Wink Tongue

I'm always up for a bit of competition - follow what's in Michael's signature lads!!
Lover of Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renowns.

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLf5tJq...pvNU8vv1SA

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/142814434@N05/
(30/12/2014, 21:57)MarcTheA4 Wrote: By a sport theme, am I right in thinking you're referring to a Stagecoach P&R shot with the SoL in the background - or something underneath St. James' Park? Wink Tongue

I'm always up for a bit of competition - follow what's in Michael's signature lads!!

No, I mean something like the tipping competition?
Although I could always have a theme of sport for the photo competition?

(30/12/2014, 21:30)aureolin Wrote: Sounds good to me, minus the league system. I don't think there's much point in keeping a league, unless there's a sponsored prize at the end. It'd perhaps be nice if one of the big three were willing to sponsor such a prize (weekly ticket or something), but like they say, you don't get if you don't ask!

I'm fine with paying for a prize!
So can I have everyone who is interested in either a tipping competition, or the photo competition to see if it justifies going ahead?
(30/12/2014, 22:09)Tom Wrote: No, I mean something like the tipping competition?
Although I could always have a theme of sport for the photo competition?

I was just joking! Tongue

Yeah I think a sport theme would add a bit more, especially for sporty enthusiasts.
Lover of Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renowns.

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLf5tJq...pvNU8vv1SA

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/142814434@N05/
What exactly would these things to with sport, as I know pretty much nothing about any form of sport.

Will happily get photos for the photo competition.
(30/12/2014, 23:07)Jimmi Wrote: What exactly would these things to with sport, as I know pretty much nothing about any form of sport.

Will happily get photos for the photo competition.

A tipping competition is basically a thing where you pick three horses, correct scores etc. 
The basic idea is to pick winners from a sport.
So for example, if I had three loosers I would be on -3.00. However, if I had three winners, for examples one at 3/1, another at 2/1 and another at 4/1. I'd be at £10 Smile
The results would be recorded and the overall winner would get an Explorer. 
There would normally be a cost to enter, but as it is only a bit of fun, I won't do that. 
I'd be up for this too! Just as long as there's no bias for the type of camera used/quality of picture and that the picture is NOT edited in any way (barring cropping) so it's completely fair.