Login Register
North East Buses Forum The Canteen Competition Monthly Photo Competition
Competition - 2015 Plans/Suggestions
(30/12/2014, 23:32)northern156 Wrote: I'd be up for this too! Just as long as there's no bias for the type of camera used/quality of picture and that the picture is NOT edited in any way (barring cropping) so it's completely fair.

Great!
No there will be none of that!!
(30/12/2014, 23:32)northern156 Wrote: I'd be up for this too! Just as long as there's no bias for the type of camera used/quality of picture and that the picture is NOT edited in any way (barring cropping) so it's completely fair.

The only issue with that, is it prevents people shooting raw, as the files then need to be processed using Photoshop, Lightroom, etc? If you're going to stipulate no editing, maybe it needs to be greater defined?
I cant see how you can tell when the Photo was taken so am not sure how you plan to enforce that rule
(01/01/2015, 12:42)Y961 XBU Wrote: I cant see how you can tell when the Photo was taken so am not sure how you plan to enforce that rule

EXIF data. Most digital cameras tag the JPEG or RAW file with this by default, and it's only removed if you remove it yourself.
I have been wondering about EXIF data.

I haven't used my camera for a while now, prefering just to take shots on my phone.
The camera is a few years old, but ok. It does the job.
I have no idea, whether it would publish exif data.

However, on uploading photos from my phone to OneDrive, exif data is shown.

Would uploading a photo onto this site, enable exif data to be available or published?
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(01/01/2015, 13:38)Andreos1 Wrote: I have been wondering about EXIF data.

I haven't used my camera for a while now, prefering just to take shots on my phone.
The camera is a few years old, but ok. It does the job.
I have no idea, whether it would publish exif data.

However, on uploading photos from my phone to OneDrive, exif data is shown.

Would uploading a photo onto this site, enable exif data to be available or published?

I don't think so - we'd have to send them to Tom (or whoever) and they could be uploaded to NEB's Flickr page or something similar (where EXIF data is shown).
(01/01/2015, 13:39)Dan Wrote: I don't think so - we'd have to send them to Tom (or whoever) and they could be uploaded to NEB's Flickr page or something similar (where EXIF data is shown).

Yes - that is how it would work.
As I seem to have plenty of intrest, I will post details later Smile