Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2013

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (22): 1 2 322 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

01 Apr 2013, 12:06 am #1
Just managed to upload some photos from Saturday...

Odd workings:
Percy Main based Omnicity 5245 on X66. (danielgrahamm)
Percy Main based DFDS Seaways Lolyne on X66. (danielgrahamm)
Gateshead based "Citylink" Citaro on X66. (danielgrahamm)
Gateshead based "Highwayman" Solar on X66. (danielgrahamm)

Metro Replacements:
3885 (danielgrahamm)
6023 (danielgrahamm)
6019 (danielgrahamm)
6019 and 3885 (danielgrahamm)

Ex-"Route 19" Darts, now in plain red:
8240 (Deptford) (danielgrahamm)
8241 (Percy Main) (danielgrahamm)

As for the GNE: "Buses By Brand" status report - I've not yet placed them into the appropriate sets, nor have I worked out which will be replacing what, etc.

I feel somewhat obliged to comment on the things that have been said - just to clarify things... I've refrained all day, but now seems the appropriate time to say something. Hopefully won't receive a slap on the wrist from the admin team for what could be perceived as a little too 'bitchy' for a public forum..!

(30 Mar 2013, 11:42 pm)Adam Malarkey Obviously you are implying I copied off Daniel, but the thing is loads of bus spotters do it to make photos easier to view.
Elaborating on my first post that I made: It does seem that was the implication, though it was not clearly stated at all. Your instant reaction to it being me who you allegedly copied off does indeed suggest something though. No names were given at all, but mine seemed to pop up!
I still stand by what I said yesterday - I've seen no other enthusiasts arrange their photos into such a manner of, "Buses By Brand". I've gathered opinions from several (yes, several) enthusiasts now, and they've all said that, prior to me addressing the arrangement of my photos into these sets and collections, they had not previously seen it. This also comes from people who viewed photos on other domains used to host photos on - not just Flickr!

(31 Mar 2013, 3:22 pm)Adam Malarkey I personally not a big fan of people of who make accusations of copying as they can be quite offensive as you and Daniel have both experienced in recent weeks
Nobody is a 'fan' of having had an accusation made against them. It's not great at all, and it can make you feel awful - especially when the accusation is not true. I don't think Wellsey18 was in the wrong by hinting at the matter he was, though. As for my recent falling out with another enthusiast on Facebook, you shouldn't bring that up on this website. It's a completely different group, and it was a matter that was very serious indeed and led to a long conversation between the other person and I - unfortunately, neither party could truly see eachother's side and see fault in their own ways. The "issue" was resolved by blocking one another on Facebook - it seemed the only way. Nevertheless, that matter (or any other argument/falling out that hasn't occurred on this website, actually) shouldn't be brought up on this website. Our community is a lot nicer than some of the other communities out there as it doesn't have half as many arguments and bitchy comments made to one another. Let's keep it that way? Smile

(31 Mar 2013, 3:22 pm)Adam Malarkey Yeah mine maybe set out similar to yours Daniel but it was other users layout of sets which lead me setting mine out in such a way.
I don't think I'm being completely unreasonable here, but can you provide an example of an enthusiast (on Flickr) who has arranged their photos in this way? I've searched Flickr for quite a while now, and so have a few other enthusiasts I've discussed the matter with. It's not that I'm annoyed other people are using my ideas (it just shows that they're good ones), it's the fact that my idea is now apparently not my idea. You're claiming that others have organised their photos in such a way before - there have been a few of us who have searched and none of us can find any evidence of this.

(31 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm)gtomlinson Unless you developed Pixelmania, Flickr, Fotopic etc then you have no claims to how one should display photos!
I don't believe anyone on this thread has claimed how someone should be arranging their photos on their own websites? I commented on the usage of sets and collections on Flickr, and said that it was 'organised' and 'clever'.

(31 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm)gtomlinson Lot's of sites are similar in layout, simplybusphotos ages ago did a layout like that.
I believe that simplybuses didn't do that exactly. They placed the photos by vehicle type, and then within each vehicle type, they were subsequently segregated by brand. Quite different indeed, actually.

(31 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm)gtomlinson When I was younger photography wasn't digital, people organised photos by collection in albums, all your Leyland Atlanteans for one company in one file, nationals in another. Everyone did it, hardly copying.
As above, simplybuses did that too. It is common nature for enthusiasts to arrange their photos in such a way. Such a common way of arranging photos is hardly 'copying', I agree. With such a unique approach to organising these photos though, it's obvious there was an original source. As I do believe I came up with this method of organising, it does seem likely I was the original source in this case. That said, enthusiasts have approached me to ask can they do a similar thing with their photos, and of course, the answer has been yes every time! I'm happy that people are using an idea that I believe I developed and am starting to make popular. Everyone has their own spin on the original idea (be it simply piling in all of their photos under a specific Go North East brand set rather than one individual photo like I'm doing) but the source remains the same. It could be argued that my source was Chris White's collection on Flickr... I mean, I hadn't seen it prior to today, but he hasn't made a public post about it every time new photos have been added to it - has he? That's the difference. Anyone who views this website would have an extremely difficult time missing the progress reports I spend time to post every few days.

(31 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm)gtomlinson The whole argument is typical of why I tend to stay away from photos and displaying my old collections (including model collections) because I can't be bothered with the back biting of some enthusiasts
I've heard that line from one or two other enthusiasts this week too. It's a shame that you older enthusiasts feel this way. You have to realise also though, that these "arguments" don't crop up every day? On my Flickr photostream, I've only ever had one disagreement of how 'rare' a photo was. This did get out of hand, but guess what? I pressed the delete button on all of their comments to get rid of them - it wasn't what I wanted to be displayed on my photo, so they were gone. It's your photostream, you're in charge. As for other networks, arguments are becoming more frequent, but this is because of - depending on the network we're on here - a spate in bullying which I strongly disagree with, 'banter' which is at the point of degrading one another and general disagreements which have gotten out of hand due to the management of the group which could have stopped it before it prevailed.

(31 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm)gtomlinson Does it really matter as long as someone, somewhere can enjoy and share your photos? It personally doesn't bother me to know when a bus was bought, what it operates on, what its fleet number is, I just appreciate a good photo.
I think you're missing the point of this altogether though. At least in my case, the organisation of my (Go North East) photos in these sets is critical in my eyes. Although it's not everyone's cup of tea, it may be someone's... People - like me - may like the organisation of these sets. This could thereby enhance a viewer's enjoyment of the photos themselves - don't you agree? It's a possibility, and I know that if I saw something in such an organisation that I liked, it would most likely enhance how greatly I thought of the photo itself. Of course, there are people like you, who don't care for anything more than seeing a nice photo. Each to their own - I think that's all that can be said on the matter.

(31 Mar 2013, 8:13 pm)Adam Malarkey keyboard warrior think they no it all but know jack sh**
Having been called a 'keyboard warrior' plenty of times before, I hope that wasn't aimed at me. I hate the term in fact. I've been said to be a 'keyboard warrior' because I use a high standard of English and can surprisingly maintain interest in writing such long paragraphs on forums just like this one. I mean, this post is a prime example! It doesn't mean to say I'm a 'keyboard warrior', it just means I'm opinionated and will willingly contribute to group discussion on a forum...

(31 Mar 2013, 8:13 pm)Adam Malarkey Then on top of that you have crying bitching and moaning over you copying someone elses layout of photos.
Perhaps a bit of an exaggeration. Wellsey18 only commented on how he'd seen a similar format before. Posts made after that certainly weren't that extravagant.

(31 Mar 2013, 8:25 pm)gtomlinson But your spot on, it is a shame, I won't share my photos because I've been burned at rallys when an enthusiast took exception to my photo of an OK Mini bus covering a breakdown on the 724 with 'there's a glint of sun covering the axle'.....
I've not met anyone quite like that before, nor had my photos criticised in such a manner. The bulk of the criticism my photos get actually comes from myself. It's actually the little things like that that I dislike about my own photos - you really do have to be a nitpicker if you spot them. Having said that, I spot those things in my own photos because they're my own. I'm constantly on the lookout for how I could enhance my photography and make it better. I'm not on everyone else's photos, so don't spot the little things like that.

(31 Mar 2013, 9:57 pm)aureolin Constructive criticism is good and you need to hear that, but criticism is disappointing when it gets to the point of becoming either offensive or bitchy.
Where actually is that line though? That's why I don't often comment badly on photos which have been publicly released - even if it's what I believe to be a helpful comment to the photographer. At the end of the day, if I don't like a photo, I'm not going to give it floods of praise - I'll probably not comment. If it's okay, I'll probably view it and like it. If it's excellent and one of my favourites, that's what the favourite button is for on Flickr, right?
If someone asks for my honest advice when the photo is not on the public domain, they'll get it straight up - no matter how strongly in favour of the photo being excellent or terrible that advice is. Having said that, only my closest friends in the enthusiast community ask me such things - and that's because they know I'll be brutally honest, just as I'd expect them to be if I asked them the same (or a similar) question.

(31 Mar 2013, 9:57 pm)aureolin On ways of organizing - lets not try to reinvent the wheel eh? Sorting by category is nothing new, and has been around for centuries.
I think you've missed the entirety of this healthy debate if that's your ultimate conclusion of it. Sorry to be blunt, but that's what I believe. The whole point of this debate was that Wellsey18 insinuated that Adam had copied such a distinctive and unique way of organising his Go North East photos from me (hopefully me 'nyway). As I've explained in this post a few times already - I don't mind people using this method of organisation of their GNE photos as it just goes to show it's a good idea. What really irritated me was that it was suggested that I didn't "invent" the idea as it were, which I do believe organising by brand is something unique which I started off - despite only having taken photos for seven months!
Dan
01 Apr 2013, 12:06 am #1

Just managed to upload some photos from Saturday...

Odd workings:

Metro Replacements:
3885 (danielgrahamm)
6023 (danielgrahamm)
6019 (danielgrahamm)

As for the GNE: "Buses By Brand" status report - I've not yet placed them into the appropriate sets, nor have I worked out which will be replacing what, etc.

I feel somewhat obliged to comment on the things that have been said - just to clarify things... I've refrained all day, but now seems the appropriate time to say something. Hopefully won't receive a slap on the wrist from the admin team for what could be perceived as a little too 'bitchy' for a public forum..!

(30 Mar 2013, 11:42 pm)Adam Malarkey Obviously you are implying I copied off Daniel, but the thing is loads of bus spotters do it to make photos easier to view.
Elaborating on my first post that I made: It does seem that was the implication, though it was not clearly stated at all. Your instant reaction to it being me who you allegedly copied off does indeed suggest something though. No names were given at all, but mine seemed to pop up!
I still stand by what I said yesterday - I've seen no other enthusiasts arrange their photos into such a manner of, "Buses By Brand". I've gathered opinions from several (yes, several) enthusiasts now, and they've all said that, prior to me addressing the arrangement of my photos into these sets and collections, they had not previously seen it. This also comes from people who viewed photos on other domains used to host photos on - not just Flickr!

(31 Mar 2013, 3:22 pm)Adam Malarkey I personally not a big fan of people of who make accusations of copying as they can be quite offensive as you and Daniel have both experienced in recent weeks
Nobody is a 'fan' of having had an accusation made against them. It's not great at all, and it can make you feel awful - especially when the accusation is not true. I don't think Wellsey18 was in the wrong by hinting at the matter he was, though. As for my recent falling out with another enthusiast on Facebook, you shouldn't bring that up on this website. It's a completely different group, and it was a matter that was very serious indeed and led to a long conversation between the other person and I - unfortunately, neither party could truly see eachother's side and see fault in their own ways. The "issue" was resolved by blocking one another on Facebook - it seemed the only way. Nevertheless, that matter (or any other argument/falling out that hasn't occurred on this website, actually) shouldn't be brought up on this website. Our community is a lot nicer than some of the other communities out there as it doesn't have half as many arguments and bitchy comments made to one another. Let's keep it that way? Smile

(31 Mar 2013, 3:22 pm)Adam Malarkey Yeah mine maybe set out similar to yours Daniel but it was other users layout of sets which lead me setting mine out in such a way.
I don't think I'm being completely unreasonable here, but can you provide an example of an enthusiast (on Flickr) who has arranged their photos in this way? I've searched Flickr for quite a while now, and so have a few other enthusiasts I've discussed the matter with. It's not that I'm annoyed other people are using my ideas (it just shows that they're good ones), it's the fact that my idea is now apparently not my idea. You're claiming that others have organised their photos in such a way before - there have been a few of us who have searched and none of us can find any evidence of this.

(31 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm)gtomlinson Unless you developed Pixelmania, Flickr, Fotopic etc then you have no claims to how one should display photos!
I don't believe anyone on this thread has claimed how someone should be arranging their photos on their own websites? I commented on the usage of sets and collections on Flickr, and said that it was 'organised' and 'clever'.

(31 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm)gtomlinson Lot's of sites are similar in layout, simplybusphotos ages ago did a layout like that.
I believe that simplybuses didn't do that exactly. They placed the photos by vehicle type, and then within each vehicle type, they were subsequently segregated by brand. Quite different indeed, actually.

(31 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm)gtomlinson When I was younger photography wasn't digital, people organised photos by collection in albums, all your Leyland Atlanteans for one company in one file, nationals in another. Everyone did it, hardly copying.
As above, simplybuses did that too. It is common nature for enthusiasts to arrange their photos in such a way. Such a common way of arranging photos is hardly 'copying', I agree. With such a unique approach to organising these photos though, it's obvious there was an original source. As I do believe I came up with this method of organising, it does seem likely I was the original source in this case. That said, enthusiasts have approached me to ask can they do a similar thing with their photos, and of course, the answer has been yes every time! I'm happy that people are using an idea that I believe I developed and am starting to make popular. Everyone has their own spin on the original idea (be it simply piling in all of their photos under a specific Go North East brand set rather than one individual photo like I'm doing) but the source remains the same. It could be argued that my source was Chris White's collection on Flickr... I mean, I hadn't seen it prior to today, but he hasn't made a public post about it every time new photos have been added to it - has he? That's the difference. Anyone who views this website would have an extremely difficult time missing the progress reports I spend time to post every few days.

(31 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm)gtomlinson The whole argument is typical of why I tend to stay away from photos and displaying my old collections (including model collections) because I can't be bothered with the back biting of some enthusiasts
I've heard that line from one or two other enthusiasts this week too. It's a shame that you older enthusiasts feel this way. You have to realise also though, that these "arguments" don't crop up every day? On my Flickr photostream, I've only ever had one disagreement of how 'rare' a photo was. This did get out of hand, but guess what? I pressed the delete button on all of their comments to get rid of them - it wasn't what I wanted to be displayed on my photo, so they were gone. It's your photostream, you're in charge. As for other networks, arguments are becoming more frequent, but this is because of - depending on the network we're on here - a spate in bullying which I strongly disagree with, 'banter' which is at the point of degrading one another and general disagreements which have gotten out of hand due to the management of the group which could have stopped it before it prevailed.

(31 Mar 2013, 7:23 pm)gtomlinson Does it really matter as long as someone, somewhere can enjoy and share your photos? It personally doesn't bother me to know when a bus was bought, what it operates on, what its fleet number is, I just appreciate a good photo.
I think you're missing the point of this altogether though. At least in my case, the organisation of my (Go North East) photos in these sets is critical in my eyes. Although it's not everyone's cup of tea, it may be someone's... People - like me - may like the organisation of these sets. This could thereby enhance a viewer's enjoyment of the photos themselves - don't you agree? It's a possibility, and I know that if I saw something in such an organisation that I liked, it would most likely enhance how greatly I thought of the photo itself. Of course, there are people like you, who don't care for anything more than seeing a nice photo. Each to their own - I think that's all that can be said on the matter.

(31 Mar 2013, 8:13 pm)Adam Malarkey keyboard warrior think they no it all but know jack sh**
Having been called a 'keyboard warrior' plenty of times before, I hope that wasn't aimed at me. I hate the term in fact. I've been said to be a 'keyboard warrior' because I use a high standard of English and can surprisingly maintain interest in writing such long paragraphs on forums just like this one. I mean, this post is a prime example! It doesn't mean to say I'm a 'keyboard warrior', it just means I'm opinionated and will willingly contribute to group discussion on a forum...

(31 Mar 2013, 8:13 pm)Adam Malarkey Then on top of that you have crying bitching and moaning over you copying someone elses layout of photos.
Perhaps a bit of an exaggeration. Wellsey18 only commented on how he'd seen a similar format before. Posts made after that certainly weren't that extravagant.

(31 Mar 2013, 8:25 pm)gtomlinson But your spot on, it is a shame, I won't share my photos because I've been burned at rallys when an enthusiast took exception to my photo of an OK Mini bus covering a breakdown on the 724 with 'there's a glint of sun covering the axle'.....
I've not met anyone quite like that before, nor had my photos criticised in such a manner. The bulk of the criticism my photos get actually comes from myself. It's actually the little things like that that I dislike about my own photos - you really do have to be a nitpicker if you spot them. Having said that, I spot those things in my own photos because they're my own. I'm constantly on the lookout for how I could enhance my photography and make it better. I'm not on everyone else's photos, so don't spot the little things like that.

(31 Mar 2013, 9:57 pm)aureolin Constructive criticism is good and you need to hear that, but criticism is disappointing when it gets to the point of becoming either offensive or bitchy.
Where actually is that line though? That's why I don't often comment badly on photos which have been publicly released - even if it's what I believe to be a helpful comment to the photographer. At the end of the day, if I don't like a photo, I'm not going to give it floods of praise - I'll probably not comment. If it's okay, I'll probably view it and like it. If it's excellent and one of my favourites, that's what the favourite button is for on Flickr, right?
If someone asks for my honest advice when the photo is not on the public domain, they'll get it straight up - no matter how strongly in favour of the photo being excellent or terrible that advice is. Having said that, only my closest friends in the enthusiast community ask me such things - and that's because they know I'll be brutally honest, just as I'd expect them to be if I asked them the same (or a similar) question.

(31 Mar 2013, 9:57 pm)aureolin On ways of organizing - lets not try to reinvent the wheel eh? Sorting by category is nothing new, and has been around for centuries.
I think you've missed the entirety of this healthy debate if that's your ultimate conclusion of it. Sorry to be blunt, but that's what I believe. The whole point of this debate was that Wellsey18 insinuated that Adam had copied such a distinctive and unique way of organising his Go North East photos from me (hopefully me 'nyway). As I've explained in this post a few times already - I don't mind people using this method of organisation of their GNE photos as it just goes to show it's a good idea. What really irritated me was that it was suggested that I didn't "invent" the idea as it were, which I do believe organising by brand is something unique which I started off - despite only having taken photos for seven months!

citaro5284

01 Apr 2013, 7:20 am #2
Good God.....can we draw a line under the whole photograph debate please Exclamation
citaro5284
01 Apr 2013, 7:20 am #2

Good God.....can we draw a line under the whole photograph debate please Exclamation

Wellsey18

01 Apr 2013, 11:25 am #3
Good post by Danuel, lets just draw the line under this, as for being called a keyboard warrior, HA!!
Wellsey18
01 Apr 2013, 11:25 am #3

Good post by Danuel, lets just draw the line under this, as for being called a keyboard warrior, HA!!

Malarkey

01 Apr 2013, 7:43 pm #4
4951 is now branded for the X40
Malarkey
01 Apr 2013, 7:43 pm #4

4951 is now branded for the X40

Malarkey

02 Apr 2013, 4:52 pm #5
GNE Update.

Been out and about today and here is some of the odd allocations I caught, including the damn right bazaar regarding the X3.

Lets start with X3, normally as we all know the X3 uses 4 Wright Renowns on a Daily Basis, well not today, not even 1 appeared on the X3, instead there was 4 East Lancs Vykings, 2 plain Northern and Other 2 Vodafone/Northern, Imagine the odds of this happening again. Anyways I caught 3 of the 4 and they were.

3974 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
3980 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
3981 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

I would of got the Fourth but I couldn't be bothered waiting a further 15 mins at Heworth, Baring in mind the other 3 were running aound 5 to 10 minutes late.

Other Odd Allocations Included.

3826 Yellow Bus Olympian on the 57 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...hotostream

4944 on the 28/28A - I did get a photo but the destination blind was all blurred so it won't be uploaded, normally this is on the 50 everyday like the Renowns on the X3, just not today.

4949 PoppyBus on the 27 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
I was keep lookout for this in Gateshead to see what service it's on, Just wish GNE would send it to another Depot like they said they were going to do if I remember correctly.

I also finally after Months of trying got a photo of 8266 with the S1 Blind working. I got a photo in the Interchange and at Asda.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

Also today I pasted Gateshead Depot in which from what I could see 2 Wright Fusions branded up for the Great Park and Ride X40, Didn't get any photos as I was unwilling to walk accross a load of Binbags someone dumped to get to a point of where I could visibly get a photo. Instead i'm going to wait and get photos at various points of the route including Newcastle City Centre and Newcastle Great Park.

And finally the X66 was pretty much normal workings wise with 3 of the 4 Citaro G's operating the Service with the other in Gateshead Depot, There was Northern Renown on also.
Malarkey
02 Apr 2013, 4:52 pm #5

GNE Update.

Been out and about today and here is some of the odd allocations I caught, including the damn right bazaar regarding the X3.

Lets start with X3, normally as we all know the X3 uses 4 Wright Renowns on a Daily Basis, well not today, not even 1 appeared on the X3, instead there was 4 East Lancs Vykings, 2 plain Northern and Other 2 Vodafone/Northern, Imagine the odds of this happening again. Anyways I caught 3 of the 4 and they were.

3974 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
3980 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
3981 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

I would of got the Fourth but I couldn't be bothered waiting a further 15 mins at Heworth, Baring in mind the other 3 were running aound 5 to 10 minutes late.

Other Odd Allocations Included.

3826 Yellow Bus Olympian on the 57 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...hotostream

4944 on the 28/28A - I did get a photo but the destination blind was all blurred so it won't be uploaded, normally this is on the 50 everyday like the Renowns on the X3, just not today.

4949 PoppyBus on the 27 http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/
I was keep lookout for this in Gateshead to see what service it's on, Just wish GNE would send it to another Depot like they said they were going to do if I remember correctly.

I also finally after Months of trying got a photo of 8266 with the S1 Blind working. I got a photo in the Interchange and at Asda.

Also today I pasted Gateshead Depot in which from what I could see 2 Wright Fusions branded up for the Great Park and Ride X40, Didn't get any photos as I was unwilling to walk accross a load of Binbags someone dumped to get to a point of where I could visibly get a photo. Instead i'm going to wait and get photos at various points of the route including Newcastle City Centre and Newcastle Great Park.

And finally the X66 was pretty much normal workings wise with 3 of the 4 Citaro G's operating the Service with the other in Gateshead Depot, There was Northern Renown on also.

Adrian

02 Apr 2013, 7:28 pm #6
Also seen 3981 on the X3 at Gateshead, towards Sunderland.

Seen a South Tyne working the 57, and an SPD on the 27, both at Gateshead Interchange. I was trying to do something else at the time, so didn't catch either fleet number! Oops Blush

I managed to catch this photo of Orbit branded 8332 working the Q2 at Newcastle Quayside. First photo I've taken in a long time.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
02 Apr 2013, 7:28 pm #6

Also seen 3981 on the X3 at Gateshead, towards Sunderland.

Seen a South Tyne working the 57, and an SPD on the 27, both at Gateshead Interchange. I was trying to do something else at the time, so didn't catch either fleet number! Oops Blush

I managed to catch this photo of Orbit branded 8332 working the Q2 at Newcastle Quayside. First photo I've taken in a long time.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Apr 2013, 7:41 pm #7
And a very nice photo indeed! Have you considered making a Flickr account? Smile
Dan
02 Apr 2013, 7:41 pm #7

And a very nice photo indeed! Have you considered making a Flickr account? Smile

Adrian

02 Apr 2013, 7:55 pm #8
(02 Apr 2013, 7:41 pm)Daniel And a very nice photo indeed! Have you considered making a Flickr account? Smile

Cheers!

I've got one for other stuff - mainly Graffiti & Street Art. I don't take enough bus photos to have one for those. They'd need to be separate as I'd have different followers for each I suppose! For this one, I was just lucky to have my camera in my hand at the time I seen that coming along from St Peters way.

Adrian
02 Apr 2013, 7:55 pm #8

(02 Apr 2013, 7:41 pm)Daniel And a very nice photo indeed! Have you considered making a Flickr account? Smile

Cheers!

I've got one for other stuff - mainly Graffiti & Street Art. I don't take enough bus photos to have one for those. They'd need to be separate as I'd have different followers for each I suppose! For this one, I was just lucky to have my camera in my hand at the time I seen that coming along from St Peters way.

Andreos1

02 Apr 2013, 8:38 pm #9
There seemed to be a lot of problems in Gateshead today with Hills Street being closed. 3 x66's inc the Northern mentioned earlier, pulled out of Gateshead this afternoon more or less following each other. Coming along Askew Road, there were any amount of buses queing to get over the Tyne Bridge.

Between Prince Consort Road and the Aletaster in Low Fell which took 5mins max, I passed 3 Angels heading North (two of them in the same bus stop). Bearing in mind I was driving, but between Gateshead and the actual angel (10/15mins), there was nothing heading south. Just miles of seeing people at bus stops and then empty bus lanes...

I havent been on the GNE facebook page, but if that pattern happened over the course of the day and is ongoing, I pity the ones having to answer queries.
Andreos1
02 Apr 2013, 8:38 pm #9

There seemed to be a lot of problems in Gateshead today with Hills Street being closed. 3 x66's inc the Northern mentioned earlier, pulled out of Gateshead this afternoon more or less following each other. Coming along Askew Road, there were any amount of buses queing to get over the Tyne Bridge.

Between Prince Consort Road and the Aletaster in Low Fell which took 5mins max, I passed 3 Angels heading North (two of them in the same bus stop). Bearing in mind I was driving, but between Gateshead and the actual angel (10/15mins), there was nothing heading south. Just miles of seeing people at bus stops and then empty bus lanes...

I havent been on the GNE facebook page, but if that pattern happened over the course of the day and is ongoing, I pity the ones having to answer queries.

Malarkey

02 Apr 2013, 9:23 pm #10
(02 Apr 2013, 8:38 pm)Andreos1 There seemed to be a lot of problems in Gateshead today with Hills Street being closed. 3 x66's inc the Northern mentioned earlier, pulled out of Gateshead this afternoon more or less following each other. Coming along Askew Road, there were any amount of buses queing to get over the Tyne Bridge.

I spent an hour in Gateshead today standing where the Saltwell Park stand to see if there was anything odd after the other day on the X66 and on other services , this was between 11.30am and 12.30pm and I didn't noticed any problems with the X66, even the half hour at the Metrocentre between 1pm and 2pm as I went via Newcastle as I had my dinner over there, even then still the same, must of been late on if there was problems with services.

As for the Angel that always comes in 3's

(01 Apr 2013, 12:06 am)Daniel Just managed to upload some photos from Saturday...

Odd workings:

Metro Replacements:
3885 (danielgrahamm)
6023 (danielgrahamm)
6019 (danielgrahamm)

After the little dispute over the layout I've changed mine abit, I've put all my GNE Brands Sets into one entire Collection, although the sets do remain separate for easier viewing, You'll only see the Collection though when you go on my Photostream, because if you click on sets it will still be the same. So there is slight changes I've made, I will eventually do this with other Sets for Arriva and Stagecoach etc. Just thought i'd inform you Daniel.

As you've probably noticed I haven't replied to the post you made summarising everyones comments yesterday, the way I see you have your interpretation of it and I have mine. The other reason behind not replying to it was to not allow the situation to get even worse and resulting in further arguing over a silly little thing like that.

Here's the Link to the Collection for to have a look at and for other who like looking at my photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...152097312/
Edited 02 Apr 2013, 10:02 pm by Malarkey.
Malarkey
02 Apr 2013, 9:23 pm #10

(02 Apr 2013, 8:38 pm)Andreos1 There seemed to be a lot of problems in Gateshead today with Hills Street being closed. 3 x66's inc the Northern mentioned earlier, pulled out of Gateshead this afternoon more or less following each other. Coming along Askew Road, there were any amount of buses queing to get over the Tyne Bridge.

I spent an hour in Gateshead today standing where the Saltwell Park stand to see if there was anything odd after the other day on the X66 and on other services , this was between 11.30am and 12.30pm and I didn't noticed any problems with the X66, even the half hour at the Metrocentre between 1pm and 2pm as I went via Newcastle as I had my dinner over there, even then still the same, must of been late on if there was problems with services.

As for the Angel that always comes in 3's

(01 Apr 2013, 12:06 am)Daniel Just managed to upload some photos from Saturday...

Odd workings:

Metro Replacements:
3885 (danielgrahamm)
6023 (danielgrahamm)
6019 (danielgrahamm)

After the little dispute over the layout I've changed mine abit, I've put all my GNE Brands Sets into one entire Collection, although the sets do remain separate for easier viewing, You'll only see the Collection though when you go on my Photostream, because if you click on sets it will still be the same. So there is slight changes I've made, I will eventually do this with other Sets for Arriva and Stagecoach etc. Just thought i'd inform you Daniel.

As you've probably noticed I haven't replied to the post you made summarising everyones comments yesterday, the way I see you have your interpretation of it and I have mine. The other reason behind not replying to it was to not allow the situation to get even worse and resulting in further arguing over a silly little thing like that.

Here's the Link to the Collection for to have a look at and for other who like looking at my photos.

Andreos1

03 Apr 2013, 11:12 am #11
This would have been 2.30/3.00 - traffic from the Tyne Bridge, was backed up all along to the Redheugh Bridge. Normally buses would be able to miss a chunk out, but were stuck in the traffic/adding to it.

As for the 21s, I have never seen them like that during the day in the school holidays the day after a Bank Holiday. Apart from the area around the Tyne Bridge, traffic was light in most places I was at.
Andreos1
03 Apr 2013, 11:12 am #11

This would have been 2.30/3.00 - traffic from the Tyne Bridge, was backed up all along to the Redheugh Bridge. Normally buses would be able to miss a chunk out, but were stuck in the traffic/adding to it.

As for the 21s, I have never seen them like that during the day in the school holidays the day after a Bank Holiday. Apart from the area around the Tyne Bridge, traffic was light in most places I was at.

Wellsey18

03 Apr 2013, 4:23 pm #12
After the little dispute over the layout I've changed mine abit, I've put all my GNE Brands Sets into one entire Collection, although the sets do remain separate for easier viewing, You'll only see the Collection though when you go on my Photostream, because if

[/quote]

Yeah fair enough then
Wellsey18
03 Apr 2013, 4:23 pm #12

After the little dispute over the layout I've changed mine abit, I've put all my GNE Brands Sets into one entire Collection, although the sets do remain separate for easier viewing, You'll only see the Collection though when you go on my Photostream, because if

[/quote]

Yeah fair enough then

Malarkey

03 Apr 2013, 8:10 pm #13
(03 Apr 2013, 7:51 pm)Liam A few SB220/Plaxton Prestige's are now sat in Winlaton depot awaiting the scrap heap, I assume the 2 withdrawing from Chester will come to the same fate. Only 10 left in the fleet now.

Vehicles withdrawn from service as a result of new deliveries are:

DAF SB220GS 4822, 4824, 4825, 4863 and 4867 from Winlaton together with 4895 and 4988 from Chester le Street.

SPD 8219 from Washington.

MPD 506: X506 WRG has been reinstated at Deptford and 541 and 543 have been transferred from Peterlee to Deptford.

Volvo B10BLEs 4842: R842 PRG and 4845: R845 PRG have been transferred fro Gateshead to Winlaton.
Malarkey
03 Apr 2013, 8:10 pm #13

(03 Apr 2013, 7:51 pm)Liam A few SB220/Plaxton Prestige's are now sat in Winlaton depot awaiting the scrap heap, I assume the 2 withdrawing from Chester will come to the same fate. Only 10 left in the fleet now.

Vehicles withdrawn from service as a result of new deliveries are:

DAF SB220GS 4822, 4824, 4825, 4863 and 4867 from Winlaton together with 4895 and 4988 from Chester le Street.

SPD 8219 from Washington.

MPD 506: X506 WRG has been reinstated at Deptford and 541 and 543 have been transferred from Peterlee to Deptford.

Volvo B10BLEs 4842: R842 PRG and 4845: R845 PRG have been transferred fro Gateshead to Winlaton.

ne14ne1

03 Apr 2013, 9:00 pm #14
(03 Apr 2013, 8:16 pm)Rob Re: X40
I am led to believe that all of these will be fully branded come tomorrow. As you will already be aware, the service will start this coming Sunday (7th April).

CumbrianJosh on Flickr has uploaded a good pic.
The branding looks okay compared to recent GNE rebrands.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/60671109@N0...hotostream
ne14ne1
03 Apr 2013, 9:00 pm #14

I am led to believe that all of these will be fully branded come tomorrow. As you will already be aware, the service will start this coming Sunday (7th April).

Adrian

03 Apr 2013, 9:27 pm #15
Few problems with the X25 today. 3879 broke down on Eighton Banks, and a replacement didn't arrive for 40 minutes. The one 'behind it' also broke down according to GNE's Facebook feed.

Also spotted 6018 working the 56 at Wrekenton.

Adrian
03 Apr 2013, 9:27 pm #15

Few problems with the X25 today. 3879 broke down on Eighton Banks, and a replacement didn't arrive for 40 minutes. The one 'behind it' also broke down according to GNE's Facebook feed.

Also spotted 6018 working the 56 at Wrekenton.

tyresmoke

03 Apr 2013, 9:40 pm #16
(03 Apr 2013, 9:00 pm)ne14ne1

Be interesting to see who wins the battle for passengers, going up against Arriva's well established service could be a mistake.
tyresmoke
03 Apr 2013, 9:40 pm #16

Be interesting to see who wins the battle for passengers, going up against Arriva's well established service could be a mistake.

korn90

Regular

03 Apr 2013, 10:07 pm #17
(03 Apr 2013, 9:40 pm)tyresmoke

i think Go North East could pull it off easy wonder whats gonna happen to the 2 mpds that were previously in black and green livery but with go north east passengers will get a bargain and a nice ride considering these bendys have been on X66 from 1st bought new til 58 was upgraded with bendys in 2012 which makes them 11 years on X66 then 1 year and abit as spare to 58/X66 covering for a knackered citaro now X40/40A since it has been branded to be honest these scanias are still powerhorses they act like the riged sisters eg 4949 which is the same age or 5227 that also acts like a proper good bendy bus despite being 9 years old 5227 wonder how long it will take to put an X40 Bendy on 58/N58/58X or X66 covering for a poorly citaro am gonna say a day
korn90
03 Apr 2013, 10:07 pm #17

(03 Apr 2013, 9:40 pm)tyresmoke

i think Go North East could pull it off easy wonder whats gonna happen to the 2 mpds that were previously in black and green livery but with go north east passengers will get a bargain and a nice ride considering these bendys have been on X66 from 1st bought new til 58 was upgraded with bendys in 2012 which makes them 11 years on X66 then 1 year and abit as spare to 58/X66 covering for a knackered citaro now X40/40A since it has been branded to be honest these scanias are still powerhorses they act like the riged sisters eg 4949 which is the same age or 5227 that also acts like a proper good bendy bus despite being 9 years old 5227 wonder how long it will take to put an X40 Bendy on 58/N58/58X or X66 covering for a poorly citaro am gonna say a day

gtom

Banned

03 Apr 2013, 10:18 pm #18
Surely since GNE have the Park and Ride contract they don't have any competition.

The Arriva service was dreadful

Re - Hills St. Is it worth diverting via Askew and Redheugh?
Edited 03 Apr 2013, 10:19 pm by gtom.
gtom
03 Apr 2013, 10:18 pm #18

Surely since GNE have the Park and Ride contract they don't have any competition.

Kuyoyo

03 Apr 2013, 10:35 pm #19
(03 Apr 2013, 10:18 pm)gtomlinson Surely since GNE have the Park and Ride contract they don't have any competition.

Arriva haven't cancelled their X40 so it will still be operating.
Kuyoyo
03 Apr 2013, 10:35 pm #19

(03 Apr 2013, 10:18 pm)gtomlinson Surely since GNE have the Park and Ride contract they don't have any competition.

korn90

Regular

03 Apr 2013, 11:50 pm #20
(03 Apr 2013, 10:35 pm)Kuyoyo

thought they did kindda like them 2 green mpds they look nice the green and the black
korn90
03 Apr 2013, 11:50 pm #20

(03 Apr 2013, 10:35 pm)Kuyoyo

thought they did kindda like them 2 green mpds they look nice the green and the black

Pages (22): 1 2 322 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average