Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (12) Previous 1 2 312 Next

09 Feb 2013, 12:04 am #21
(08 Feb 2013, 4:46 pm)Daniel An unidentified "SimpliCity" Versa was on the X20 today: 16:05 departure.

Sad to see that the X7 will indeed fall under the "East Durham" brand. It was obvious, but hope still remained.
They really can't be expecting a high demand for the service if it's only going to use MPDs (or the dual door Renowns in fact, if they're to be transferred over).
Could this be why Peterlee are having a lot of "East Durham" MPDs out on Deptford services, do you think? Rather than them actually being there for maintenance/repair-work? Testing out how well they cope on a variety of routes - both short and long distance - for the entirety of the day?

I think all of Deptfords/Peterlee's allocations that are all over the place have nothing to do with trialling busses out in Peterlee. The MPDs are currently in the process of having their seats recovered- so could well be at Deptford for that or just repair work off the bad weather
09 Feb 2013, 12:04 am #21

(08 Feb 2013, 4:46 pm)Daniel An unidentified "SimpliCity" Versa was on the X20 today: 16:05 departure.

Sad to see that the X7 will indeed fall under the "East Durham" brand. It was obvious, but hope still remained.
They really can't be expecting a high demand for the service if it's only going to use MPDs (or the dual door Renowns in fact, if they're to be transferred over).
Could this be why Peterlee are having a lot of "East Durham" MPDs out on Deptford services, do you think? Rather than them actually being there for maintenance/repair-work? Testing out how well they cope on a variety of routes - both short and long distance - for the entirety of the day?

I think all of Deptfords/Peterlee's allocations that are all over the place have nothing to do with trialling busses out in Peterlee. The MPDs are currently in the process of having their seats recovered- so could well be at Deptford for that or just repair work off the bad weather

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Feb 2013, 9:30 am #22
(09 Feb 2013, 12:04 am)dans_bus_photos

I was meaning quite the opposite - if you wish to read the full 'idea' I had (rather than the condensed version as placed here), scroll down to the bottom of the comments on this photo.
It seems to be just me who had this theory and who does agree with this theory. I understand, from what Lee said on that photo, that Go North East do in fact know what the MPDs are like on routes, but road conditions have changed in the past 5 years. A solid example of this is the new road developments in the Gateshead area, of course. Things are being done to make sure that cars no longer use bus lanes, less likely for delays etc.
I'm sure there are countless more examples. A lot of roads have been resurfaced and all the rest too. It may not make much of a difference, but I believe it will make some sort of a difference. I can't agree with the second thing he came up with, as these vehicles have been allocated from very early stages in the day (I've seen one or two of them before 8am, which could potentially be their first duty of the day). Even if this was not so, Deptford's depot have 25 "Northern" branded vehicles by my count - but it must be noted I'm working with an outdated fleetlist produced by myself which could contain inaccuracies and it is to my understanding that Deptford have inherited a few more vehicles since I last updated that part of it. I do understand that these "Northern" branded vehicles often make their way out onto services they literally are allocated to (that have no brand), but this adds up to around 15 vehicles at the most. 10 vehicles could then be allocated to services which need the vehicles owing to a Deptford-based vehicle failure.

Nevertheless, it was an idea and could be wrong. Conversely, it could also be correct. Like all of our ideas regarding a particular reason why something is happening at the moment with Go North East, the chances of it being correct are slim. Go North East are just that unpredictable, huh? Wink
To my knowledge, none of us work for Go North East, so we're not to know - are we?

R.E Seat covers: The numbers of Peterlee-based MPDs making their way onto Deptford services is quite high at the moment, whereas the number of vehicles that have gained the new-style moquette are quite low. As can be seen clearly in all of the photos I've taken of them recently, they still retain the old-style moquette. Surely Deptford would get the vehicles repaired first and then send them out on their services to cover for vehicles, if Lee was to be correct?
Dan
09 Feb 2013, 9:30 am #22

(09 Feb 2013, 12:04 am)dans_bus_photos

I was meaning quite the opposite - if you wish to read the full 'idea' I had (rather than the condensed version as placed here), scroll down to the bottom of the comments on this photo.
It seems to be just me who had this theory and who does agree with this theory. I understand, from what Lee said on that photo, that Go North East do in fact know what the MPDs are like on routes, but road conditions have changed in the past 5 years. A solid example of this is the new road developments in the Gateshead area, of course. Things are being done to make sure that cars no longer use bus lanes, less likely for delays etc.
I'm sure there are countless more examples. A lot of roads have been resurfaced and all the rest too. It may not make much of a difference, but I believe it will make some sort of a difference. I can't agree with the second thing he came up with, as these vehicles have been allocated from very early stages in the day (I've seen one or two of them before 8am, which could potentially be their first duty of the day). Even if this was not so, Deptford's depot have 25 "Northern" branded vehicles by my count - but it must be noted I'm working with an outdated fleetlist produced by myself which could contain inaccuracies and it is to my understanding that Deptford have inherited a few more vehicles since I last updated that part of it. I do understand that these "Northern" branded vehicles often make their way out onto services they literally are allocated to (that have no brand), but this adds up to around 15 vehicles at the most. 10 vehicles could then be allocated to services which need the vehicles owing to a Deptford-based vehicle failure.

Nevertheless, it was an idea and could be wrong. Conversely, it could also be correct. Like all of our ideas regarding a particular reason why something is happening at the moment with Go North East, the chances of it being correct are slim. Go North East are just that unpredictable, huh? Wink
To my knowledge, none of us work for Go North East, so we're not to know - are we?

R.E Seat covers: The numbers of Peterlee-based MPDs making their way onto Deptford services is quite high at the moment, whereas the number of vehicles that have gained the new-style moquette are quite low. As can be seen clearly in all of the photos I've taken of them recently, they still retain the old-style moquette. Surely Deptford would get the vehicles repaired first and then send them out on their services to cover for vehicles, if Lee was to be correct?

Michael

09 Feb 2013, 11:13 am #23
Glad to see changes being posted. shame the X7 looks like its gonna be a MPD service, ive read they were to get the yellow duel doors but im sure i read they going to be for the 17

GNE looks to have done some decent changes to the East Durham services, im not sure if the new 265 service (the old 65) would cope with MPD's, im sure GNE put deckers on there because it had a good level of passenger numbers.

The changes to the TEN and 11, might confuse people at first but it all seems good, hopefully they are right and the deckers will cope with a reduced frequacy.

Timetables will be intresting when they are uploaded... any idea when?
Edited 09 Feb 2013, 11:20 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
09 Feb 2013, 11:13 am #23

Glad to see changes being posted. shame the X7 looks like its gonna be a MPD service, ive read they were to get the yellow duel doors but im sure i read they going to be for the 17

GNE looks to have done some decent changes to the East Durham services, im not sure if the new 265 service (the old 65) would cope with MPD's, im sure GNE put deckers on there because it had a good level of passenger numbers.

The changes to the TEN and 11, might confuse people at first but it all seems good, hopefully they are right and the deckers will cope with a reduced frequacy.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

09 Feb 2013, 2:49 pm #24
(09 Feb 2013, 11:13 am)Michael Glad to see changes being posted. shame the X7 looks like its gonna be a MPD service, ive read they were to get the yellow duel doors but im sure i read they going to be for the 17

I'm rather impressed too! Not sure if 238 and 265 will be operated by Peterlee though? ...because they won't be passing through Peterlee Town Centre. I think the existing 65 is operated by Chester at the moment? You'll also be able to catch a bus to Seaham from Burdon Road or Holmeside in Sunderland instead of only at Park Lane - if that tickles your fancy! Tongue

The frequency of 206 is to be reduced, but it already only operates hourly, so might go down to every two hours. Thankfully new X7 will provide alternative buses to Wingate. Glad to see that a couple of journeys on X35 will be diverting via Castle Eden also to make up for the reduction in frequency of 206.

It'll be good on 265 to get a consistent route in New Seaham because the existing 65 route changes during the early evening for some daft reason. From what I've seen personally a couple of times, peak-time loadings on 65 seem too high for MPD's at peak times for students travelling to Durham College at Framwellgate Moor. Perhaps the yellow two-door Volvos at Percy Main may go on to X7 and 265, and the Crusader B10BLE's on the 17 instead? We'll have to wait and see!
NEB Admin Team
09 Feb 2013, 2:49 pm #24

(09 Feb 2013, 11:13 am)Michael Glad to see changes being posted. shame the X7 looks like its gonna be a MPD service, ive read they were to get the yellow duel doors but im sure i read they going to be for the 17

I'm rather impressed too! Not sure if 238 and 265 will be operated by Peterlee though? ...because they won't be passing through Peterlee Town Centre. I think the existing 65 is operated by Chester at the moment? You'll also be able to catch a bus to Seaham from Burdon Road or Holmeside in Sunderland instead of only at Park Lane - if that tickles your fancy! Tongue

The frequency of 206 is to be reduced, but it already only operates hourly, so might go down to every two hours. Thankfully new X7 will provide alternative buses to Wingate. Glad to see that a couple of journeys on X35 will be diverting via Castle Eden also to make up for the reduction in frequency of 206.

It'll be good on 265 to get a consistent route in New Seaham because the existing 65 route changes during the early evening for some daft reason. From what I've seen personally a couple of times, peak-time loadings on 65 seem too high for MPD's at peak times for students travelling to Durham College at Framwellgate Moor. Perhaps the yellow two-door Volvos at Percy Main may go on to X7 and 265, and the Crusader B10BLE's on the 17 instead? We'll have to wait and see!

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

10 Feb 2013, 9:17 pm #25
Thanks to a thumbs up from cbma06 - the timetable for GNE's new X7 has been posted online, but sadly the link cannot be found unfortunately. Typical! Tongue

http://www.connectteesvalley.com/mobile/buspdf.asp

I think it's worth checking this site again tomorrow to see if the gremlin is fixed when the council staff return to work. Failing that, I'm sure GNE will have their own timetables online soon anyway.
NEB Admin Team
10 Feb 2013, 9:17 pm #25

Thanks to a thumbs up from cbma06 - the timetable for GNE's new X7 has been posted online, but sadly the link cannot be found unfortunately. Typical! Tongue

I think it's worth checking this site again tomorrow to see if the gremlin is fixed when the council staff return to work. Failing that, I'm sure GNE will have their own timetables online soon anyway.

Michael

10 Feb 2013, 9:20 pm #26
(10 Feb 2013, 9:17 pm)Brandon Thanks to a thumbs up from cbma06 - the timetable for GNE's new X7 has been posted online, but sadly the link cannot be found unfortunately. Typical! Tongue

Typical =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Feb 2013, 9:20 pm #26

(10 Feb 2013, 9:17 pm)Brandon Thanks to a thumbs up from cbma06 - the timetable for GNE's new X7 has been posted online, but sadly the link cannot be found unfortunately. Typical! Tongue

Typical =(

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

11 Feb 2013, 11:57 am #27

The new timetable link for the X35 is working again, just 1 journey in the morning and one journey in the afternoon commences or terminates at High Heslden. Connect teesvalley replied about the broken link for the X7 timetable "Whilst the Traffic Commissioner granted the original application for service X7, the timetable had to be adjusted in order to comply with the Codes of Conduct at Middlesbrough Bus Station, Peterlee Bus Station and Sunderland Interchange. We are awaiting the grant by the Traffic Commissioner of this variation before we can publish the timetable. However, in essence, the service will run once an hour on Monday to Saturday daytimes between Middlesbrough and Sunderland via Teesdale, Stockton, Norton, Station Town, Wingate, Peterlee, Seaham and Grangetown."

cbma06
11 Feb 2013, 11:57 am #27

The new timetable link for the X35 is working again, just 1 journey in the morning and one journey in the afternoon commences or terminates at High Heslden. Connect teesvalley replied about the broken link for the X7 timetable "Whilst the Traffic Commissioner granted the original application for service X7, the timetable had to be adjusted in order to comply with the Codes of Conduct at Middlesbrough Bus Station, Peterlee Bus Station and Sunderland Interchange. We are awaiting the grant by the Traffic Commissioner of this variation before we can publish the timetable. However, in essence, the service will run once an hour on Monday to Saturday daytimes between Middlesbrough and Sunderland via Teesdale, Stockton, Norton, Station Town, Wingate, Peterlee, Seaham and Grangetown."

Dan

Site Administrator

11 Feb 2013, 4:37 pm #28
GNE really mustn't expect the service to be a big hit if it's only an hourly service Mon-Sat...
Dan
11 Feb 2013, 4:37 pm #28

GNE really mustn't expect the service to be a big hit if it's only an hourly service Mon-Sat...

Kuyoyo

11 Feb 2013, 4:58 pm #29
(11 Feb 2013, 4:37 pm)Daniel GNE really mustn't expect the service to be a big hit if it's only an hourly service Mon-Sat...

It's called 'setting the bar low' - remember that the X10 only used to be an hourly service on its own before its success lead to the X9 which also exceeded expectations (hence the coaches being replaced by 3962-5 after 6 months). This X7 is likely to be viewed in the same way as both - start with low expectations and hope the growth is there.
Kuyoyo
11 Feb 2013, 4:58 pm #29

(11 Feb 2013, 4:37 pm)Daniel GNE really mustn't expect the service to be a big hit if it's only an hourly service Mon-Sat...

It's called 'setting the bar low' - remember that the X10 only used to be an hourly service on its own before its success lead to the X9 which also exceeded expectations (hence the coaches being replaced by 3962-5 after 6 months). This X7 is likely to be viewed in the same way as both - start with low expectations and hope the growth is there.

cbma06

11 Feb 2013, 6:01 pm #30
(11 Feb 2013, 4:58 pm)Kuyoyo

Just hope GNE advertises this service properly than the orginal 210/211 (Sunderland-Middlesbrough but not going via Billingham this time) sequence. Maybe the OK1 could of done the Middlesbrough to Sunderland section if there get the timing right for the driver (would of been nice to bring the OK name back to Peterlee.

Suggestion:

Just a suggestion tinkering with the X35,X7,206 bus service. Total
withdraw of the 206, run the X35 hourly and introduce a X36 service
running hourly, both providing 30 minute service, but the X36 will be
different between Peterlee bus station and Blackhall Rocks, run the
X36 from Peterlee to the A19 roundabout and have the bus stopping at
East Durham College (which will provide new links for students) and
also have the bus stopping on the A19 layby southbound at the X9 X10
bus stop and then the X36 takes the slip road off the A19 at Castle
Eden and then does the 206 route to Blackhall Rocks then continues
with the X35 to Hartlepool (new key services from Heslden to
Hartlepool and Sunderland etc...) and for the other half of the 206
route the new X7 can provide bus service for passengers at Hutton
Henry, by going down the B1280 to A19 then left turn at A19 then left
again to go into Hutton Henry then back down the B1280 then X7 route
to Middlesbrough, return journey for the X7 can go straight up the A19
and left turn into Hutton Henry then right turn to towards Wingate,
and since service X35 serves the 206 section between Peterlee bus
station and Blackhall Rocks then you be able to withdraw the 206 as
the service is daytime only.
ive just been thinking that diverting the X7 twice round Hutton Henry might cause a longer run, so i was just wondering if GNE extends the 201 from after going round the industrial estate, the bus heads up a19 southbound to Castle Eden and run the 206 route upto Hutton Henry then A19 northbound and instead of coming of at Castle Eden, the bus comes off at Peterlee round the industrial estate then 201 route back to Peterlee bus station.

Any thoughts anyone.

cbma06
11 Feb 2013, 6:01 pm #30

(11 Feb 2013, 4:58 pm)Kuyoyo

Just hope GNE advertises this service properly than the orginal 210/211 (Sunderland-Middlesbrough but not going via Billingham this time) sequence. Maybe the OK1 could of done the Middlesbrough to Sunderland section if there get the timing right for the driver (would of been nice to bring the OK name back to Peterlee.

Suggestion:

Just a suggestion tinkering with the X35,X7,206 bus service. Total
withdraw of the 206, run the X35 hourly and introduce a X36 service
running hourly, both providing 30 minute service, but the X36 will be
different between Peterlee bus station and Blackhall Rocks, run the
X36 from Peterlee to the A19 roundabout and have the bus stopping at
East Durham College (which will provide new links for students) and
also have the bus stopping on the A19 layby southbound at the X9 X10
bus stop and then the X36 takes the slip road off the A19 at Castle
Eden and then does the 206 route to Blackhall Rocks then continues
with the X35 to Hartlepool (new key services from Heslden to
Hartlepool and Sunderland etc...) and for the other half of the 206
route the new X7 can provide bus service for passengers at Hutton
Henry, by going down the B1280 to A19 then left turn at A19 then left
again to go into Hutton Henry then back down the B1280 then X7 route
to Middlesbrough, return journey for the X7 can go straight up the A19
and left turn into Hutton Henry then right turn to towards Wingate,
and since service X35 serves the 206 section between Peterlee bus
station and Blackhall Rocks then you be able to withdraw the 206 as
the service is daytime only.
ive just been thinking that diverting the X7 twice round Hutton Henry might cause a longer run, so i was just wondering if GNE extends the 201 from after going round the industrial estate, the bus heads up a19 southbound to Castle Eden and run the 206 route upto Hutton Henry then A19 northbound and instead of coming of at Castle Eden, the bus comes off at Peterlee round the industrial estate then 201 route back to Peterlee bus station.

Any thoughts anyone.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

11 Feb 2013, 7:12 pm #31
They're some good ideas! Hopefully if the two X35 journeys a day to Castle Eden are well received by people there, then a more regular hourly service could operate as your proposed X36.

I am looking forward to when the X7 timetable comes out - I'm a bit curious about the departure times from Middlesbrough. At first I would think it run on the opposite half-hour to the X10 to provide a 30 minute frequency to Teesdale, Stockton and Norton - but then that would put it on the same time as the X9 to Peterlee.

I know the upcoming service changes have been posted on this thread, but I don't think the consultation results have been posted yet - apologies if they have!

http://www.simplygo.com/customer-consultation/
NEB Admin Team
11 Feb 2013, 7:12 pm #31

They're some good ideas! Hopefully if the two X35 journeys a day to Castle Eden are well received by people there, then a more regular hourly service could operate as your proposed X36.

I am looking forward to when the X7 timetable comes out - I'm a bit curious about the departure times from Middlesbrough. At first I would think it run on the opposite half-hour to the X10 to provide a 30 minute frequency to Teesdale, Stockton and Norton - but then that would put it on the same time as the X9 to Peterlee.

I know the upcoming service changes have been posted on this thread, but I don't think the consultation results have been posted yet - apologies if they have!

http://www.simplygo.com/customer-consultation/

Michael

11 Feb 2013, 8:32 pm #32
The X7 route will be Sunderland - Seaham - Peterlee - Wingate - Norton - Station Town - Stockton - Teesdale - Middlesbrough. With an end-to-end journey time of just over 1 hour 20 minutes with a 10 minute layover period at each end of the route. With a PVR of 3 vehicles. Departure times will be determined by the current stand usage times at Middlesborough and Park Lane.
[/quote]

Wonder what stand it will leave from in park lane, all stands seem to be busy from stand B to Stand G, don't think it will depart from H to V but with changes coming up again.

Park Lane loose the 202 and maybe with the changes to 38/38A/38B/38C, there will be less buses at Stand E, wont be suprized if nexus moved services around

I hope the X7 works out, wonder if it will be faster than the X35
Edited 11 Feb 2013, 8:38 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Feb 2013, 8:32 pm #32

The X7 route will be Sunderland - Seaham - Peterlee - Wingate - Norton - Station Town - Stockton - Teesdale - Middlesbrough. With an end-to-end journey time of just over 1 hour 20 minutes with a 10 minute layover period at each end of the route. With a PVR of 3 vehicles. Departure times will be determined by the current stand usage times at Middlesborough and Park Lane.
[/quote]

Wonder what stand it will leave from in park lane, all stands seem to be busy from stand B to Stand G, don't think it will depart from H to V but with changes coming up again.

Park Lane loose the 202 and maybe with the changes to 38/38A/38B/38C, there will be less buses at Stand E, wont be suprized if nexus moved services around

I hope the X7 works out, wonder if it will be faster than the X35

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

cbma06

11 Feb 2013, 8:39 pm #33
(11 Feb 2013, 8:32 pm)Michael The X7 route will be Sunderland - Seaham - Peterlee - Wingate - Norton - Station Town - Stockton - Teesdale - Middlesbrough. With an end-to-end journey time of just over 1 hour 20 minutes with a 10 minute layover period at each end of the route. With a PVR of 3 vehicles. Departure times will be determined by the current stand usage times at Middlesborough and Park Lane.

[/quote]

it should be stand B (for Peterlee) at Park lane Interchange, as theres only the Arriva service 23 and 24 ( 4 departures per hour). And also the odd journeys on the 230. The loss of the 202 time slot will go to bus service 238.
Edited 11 Feb 2013, 8:44 pm by cbma06.

cbma06
11 Feb 2013, 8:39 pm #33

(11 Feb 2013, 8:32 pm)Michael The X7 route will be Sunderland - Seaham - Peterlee - Wingate - Norton - Station Town - Stockton - Teesdale - Middlesbrough. With an end-to-end journey time of just over 1 hour 20 minutes with a 10 minute layover period at each end of the route. With a PVR of 3 vehicles. Departure times will be determined by the current stand usage times at Middlesborough and Park Lane.

[/quote]

it should be stand B (for Peterlee) at Park lane Interchange, as theres only the Arriva service 23 and 24 ( 4 departures per hour). And also the odd journeys on the 230. The loss of the 202 time slot will go to bus service 238.

Michael

11 Feb 2013, 8:52 pm #34
Didn't think about Stand B.

Has any of the new TEN decker's entered service yet?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Feb 2013, 8:52 pm #34

Didn't think about Stand B.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

11 Feb 2013, 9:03 pm #35
(11 Feb 2013, 8:52 pm)Michael Didn't think about Stand B.

Not that I've seen. Could be waiting for a Quayside-style launch or some other event. But I don't think they did that with Angel - they just had a rather low-key photo shoot at the Angel of the North.

But I'm sure it was mentioned that they would be in service before the upcoming timetable changes.

In fact there was a Yellow Bus branded Volvo Olympian NC Palatine II on what would have been the 16:28 11 from Eldon Square. Not sure if existing 11 sees regular use of double deckers during the evening peak. Couldn't catch fleet number, was just getting off the 1 at Central Station at the time.
NEB Admin Team
11 Feb 2013, 9:03 pm #35

(11 Feb 2013, 8:52 pm)Michael Didn't think about Stand B.

Not that I've seen. Could be waiting for a Quayside-style launch or some other event. But I don't think they did that with Angel - they just had a rather low-key photo shoot at the Angel of the North.

But I'm sure it was mentioned that they would be in service before the upcoming timetable changes.

In fact there was a Yellow Bus branded Volvo Olympian NC Palatine II on what would have been the 16:28 11 from Eldon Square. Not sure if existing 11 sees regular use of double deckers during the evening peak. Couldn't catch fleet number, was just getting off the 1 at Central Station at the time.

Adam

12 Feb 2013, 5:42 pm #36
May I introduce to you the brand new Ten livery. Must say, it looks fantastic. It's certainly attractive to look at. Photos from Sean Blair.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77351420@N04/
Adam
12 Feb 2013, 5:42 pm #36

May I introduce to you the brand new Ten livery. Must say, it looks fantastic. It's certainly attractive to look at. Photos from Sean Blair.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77351420@N04/

Adam

12 Feb 2013, 5:52 pm #37
(12 Feb 2013, 5:45 pm)gtomlinson Quite striking but I don't like the maroon wrap around the destination screen.

One thing I've wondered is that by using branded buses with no ad space on, surely GNE are losing great amounts of potential revenue, unless it's not worth a great deal to them.

I mean the Angel on your busiest corridor ad-free must lose you a bit of cash. Cash that could be spent on keeping fares lower and other improvements.

That's a good point you make there. I've never considered how much revenue advertising brings in to the business. Most of the Northern branded vehicles advertise but that's it (I think). I remember before the route branding began, more of less every GNE bus had advertisements on the sides.
Adam
12 Feb 2013, 5:52 pm #37

(12 Feb 2013, 5:45 pm)gtomlinson Quite striking but I don't like the maroon wrap around the destination screen.

One thing I've wondered is that by using branded buses with no ad space on, surely GNE are losing great amounts of potential revenue, unless it's not worth a great deal to them.

I mean the Angel on your busiest corridor ad-free must lose you a bit of cash. Cash that could be spent on keeping fares lower and other improvements.

That's a good point you make there. I've never considered how much revenue advertising brings in to the business. Most of the Northern branded vehicles advertise but that's it (I think). I remember before the route branding began, more of less every GNE bus had advertisements on the sides.

Michael

12 Feb 2013, 6:02 pm #38
It looks great

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
12 Feb 2013, 6:02 pm #38

It looks great

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

tyresmoke

12 Feb 2013, 10:20 pm #39
I think the new TEN branding is ok, it could have been so much more with a little bit extra imagination. It's another cheap branding effort... I think the wrap around the destination screen looks pretty good, I liked the one on the red Angel B7 Presidents.
tyresmoke
12 Feb 2013, 10:20 pm #39

I think the new TEN branding is ok, it could have been so much more with a little bit extra imagination. It's another cheap branding effort... I think the wrap around the destination screen looks pretty good, I liked the one on the red Angel B7 Presidents.

thetravelman

Unregistered

13 Feb 2013, 12:21 pm #40
Firstly, Hello to everyone, first time I've used this forum, I came across the forum simply by searching for news on the GNE service TEN updates.
I have an interest in most forms of transport - Buses, Trains and planes, but don't have knowledge of fleet stock etc.

I think the new Ten double decker's look good, but maybe a little cheap looking in their livery.

Anyone know what is happening with the current single decker mercs on the TEN route, where are they targeted for?

Also with the introduction of 10/10B are they still going to serve Rising Sun bank at Crawcrook or is 10B or even both going to serve the main road west out of Crawcrook as the current 11 serves. I think at least the 10 for Hexham should still serve Rising Sun bank as I know people that use it.

Is there any news on fleet updates and renewals for the Hexham depot apart from the TEN. As I know some of the darts are getting on a bit, however not as old as some of GNE fleet around the region.

Cheers.
thetravelman
13 Feb 2013, 12:21 pm #40

Firstly, Hello to everyone, first time I've used this forum, I came across the forum simply by searching for news on the GNE service TEN updates.
I have an interest in most forms of transport - Buses, Trains and planes, but don't have knowledge of fleet stock etc.

I think the new Ten double decker's look good, but maybe a little cheap looking in their livery.

Anyone know what is happening with the current single decker mercs on the TEN route, where are they targeted for?

Also with the introduction of 10/10B are they still going to serve Rising Sun bank at Crawcrook or is 10B or even both going to serve the main road west out of Crawcrook as the current 11 serves. I think at least the 10 for Hexham should still serve Rising Sun bank as I know people that use it.

Is there any news on fleet updates and renewals for the Hexham depot apart from the TEN. As I know some of the darts are getting on a bit, however not as old as some of GNE fleet around the region.

Cheers.

Pages (12) Previous 1 2 312 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average