Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - February 2013

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (12) Previous 1 2 3 412 Next
Tom

13 Feb 2013, 4:21 pm #41
(13 Feb 2013, 12:21 pm)thetravelman Firstly, Hello to everyone, first time I've used this forum, I came across the forum simply by searching for news on the GNE service TEN updates.
I have an interest in most forms of transport - Buses, Trains and planes, but don't have knowledge of fleet stock etc.

I think the new Ten double decker's look good, but maybe a little cheap looking in their livery.

Anyone know what is happening with the current single decker mercs on the TEN route, where are they targeted for?

Also with the introduction of 10/10B are they still going to serve Rising Sun bank at Crawcrook or is 10B or even both going to serve the main road west out of Crawcrook as the current 11 serves. I think at least the 10 for Hexham should still serve Rising Sun bank as I know people that use it.

Is there any news on fleet updates and renewals for the Hexham depot apart from the TEN. As I know some of the darts are getting on a bit, however not as old as some of GNE fleet around the region.

Cheers.

Hiya! Welcome to the forum

I agree, they do look cheap, however quite effective. I love the pink and red destination blinds. - They could have done better with the whole branding though.

The current vehicles used on the 'TEN' services are Mercedes-Benz Citaros, and will be moved to Sunderland Road depot, Gateshead for use on the 'Crusader' service 27 between Newcastle and South Shields.

And I don't think they have any plans for updates/renewals at Hexham depot. To be fair, all of the MPDs are newer versions (53 reg) and are in a fine condition. I do think the SPD 8228 (X228FBB) and older X reg MPD 513 (X513WRG) could be taken out of service.
Tom
13 Feb 2013, 4:21 pm #41

(13 Feb 2013, 12:21 pm)thetravelman Firstly, Hello to everyone, first time I've used this forum, I came across the forum simply by searching for news on the GNE service TEN updates.
I have an interest in most forms of transport - Buses, Trains and planes, but don't have knowledge of fleet stock etc.

I think the new Ten double decker's look good, but maybe a little cheap looking in their livery.

Anyone know what is happening with the current single decker mercs on the TEN route, where are they targeted for?

Also with the introduction of 10/10B are they still going to serve Rising Sun bank at Crawcrook or is 10B or even both going to serve the main road west out of Crawcrook as the current 11 serves. I think at least the 10 for Hexham should still serve Rising Sun bank as I know people that use it.

Is there any news on fleet updates and renewals for the Hexham depot apart from the TEN. As I know some of the darts are getting on a bit, however not as old as some of GNE fleet around the region.

Cheers.

Hiya! Welcome to the forum

I agree, they do look cheap, however quite effective. I love the pink and red destination blinds. - They could have done better with the whole branding though.

The current vehicles used on the 'TEN' services are Mercedes-Benz Citaros, and will be moved to Sunderland Road depot, Gateshead for use on the 'Crusader' service 27 between Newcastle and South Shields.

And I don't think they have any plans for updates/renewals at Hexham depot. To be fair, all of the MPDs are newer versions (53 reg) and are in a fine condition. I do think the SPD 8228 (X228FBB) and older X reg MPD 513 (X513WRG) could be taken out of service.

Michael

14 Feb 2013, 7:07 am #42
New timetables have being posted as a binder on the services changes post... Cant post link on phone

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Feb 2013, 7:07 am #42

New timetables have being posted as a binder on the services changes post... Cant post link on phone

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Feb 2013, 7:12 am #43
24th March 2013 Binder available here

38/238 is interesting - I highly doubt it'll be interworking with the 61 anymore which is marvellous.
Dan
14 Feb 2013, 7:12 am #43

24th March 2013 Binder available here

38/238 is interesting - I highly doubt it'll be interworking with the 61 anymore which is marvellous.

Malarkey

14 Feb 2013, 4:31 pm #44
After a trip down to Saltmeadows to a pic of the new Geminis for the 10 I found some information off one of the drivers who stuck up for me when one the bosses came over yelling at me for no reason as I well within the boundarys of where to stand, anyway the driver told that the Mercs currently on 10 will not be going on the 27 and will instead be going on the Loop 93/94 apparently from what he was told. So that may lead to the Solars going on the 27 or maybe Northern. These details are not confirmed yet so we'll have to wait and see I guess.

And please don't moan about how they going on the 27, because they might not be.

Here is Few photos aswell. there is more on my Flickr profile @ADAM'S NORTHEAST BUSPHOTOS

6077 10 Branded Gemini 2
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarke...otostream/

6077 10 Branded Gemini 2

4951 Ex CentreLink X66 (New Panels etc) hasn't been Repainted yet
Malarkey
14 Feb 2013, 4:31 pm #44

After a trip down to Saltmeadows to a pic of the new Geminis for the 10 I found some information off one of the drivers who stuck up for me when one the bosses came over yelling at me for no reason as I well within the boundarys of where to stand, anyway the driver told that the Mercs currently on 10 will not be going on the 27 and will instead be going on the Loop 93/94 apparently from what he was told. So that may lead to the Solars going on the 27 or maybe Northern. These details are not confirmed yet so we'll have to wait and see I guess.

And please don't moan about how they going on the 27, because they might not be.

Here is Few photos aswell. there is more on my Flickr profile @ADAM'S NORTHEAST BUSPHOTOS

6077 10 Branded Gemini 2

6077 10 Branded Gemini 2

Tom

14 Feb 2013, 4:41 pm #45
(14 Feb 2013, 4:31 pm)Adam Malarkey After a trip down to Saltmeadows to a pic of the new Geminis for the 10 I found some information off one of the drivers who stuck up for me when one the bosses came over yelling at me for no reason as I well within the boundarys of where to stand, anyway the driver told that the Mercs currently on 10 will not be going on the 27 and will instead be going on the Loop 93/94 apparently from what he was told. So that may lead to the Solars going on the 27 or maybe Northern. These details are not confirmed yet so we'll have to wait and see I guess.

6077 10 Branded Gemini 2

6077 10 Branded Gemini 2

We all know that they are going on the 27, Adam. I don't know if the driver has told you this, or you are making it up to annoy people. Why would they go on the 'LOOP' services, when not too long a go they were branded.
Tom
14 Feb 2013, 4:41 pm #45

(14 Feb 2013, 4:31 pm)Adam Malarkey After a trip down to Saltmeadows to a pic of the new Geminis for the 10 I found some information off one of the drivers who stuck up for me when one the bosses came over yelling at me for no reason as I well within the boundarys of where to stand, anyway the driver told that the Mercs currently on 10 will not be going on the 27 and will instead be going on the Loop 93/94 apparently from what he was told. So that may lead to the Solars going on the 27 or maybe Northern. These details are not confirmed yet so we'll have to wait and see I guess.

6077 10 Branded Gemini 2

6077 10 Branded Gemini 2

We all know that they are going on the 27, Adam. I don't know if the driver has told you this, or you are making it up to annoy people. Why would they go on the 'LOOP' services, when not too long a go they were branded.

14 Feb 2013, 4:54 pm #46
(14 Feb 2013, 4:41 pm)W179SCU

6077 10 Branded Gemini 2

6077 10 Branded Gemini 2

Remember what was suppost to happen once the X10 B9s arrived about the other decekers going on the west durhams and the scanias onto the limes?? So dont jump to conclusions till you know for definate there going onto the 27s! I'll believe that rumour when they have been branded.
14 Feb 2013, 4:54 pm #46

(14 Feb 2013, 4:41 pm)W179SCU

6077 10 Branded Gemini 2

6077 10 Branded Gemini 2

Remember what was suppost to happen once the X10 B9s arrived about the other decekers going on the west durhams and the scanias onto the limes?? So dont jump to conclusions till you know for definate there going onto the 27s! I'll believe that rumour when they have been branded.

Malarkey

14 Feb 2013, 5:43 pm #47
W179 SCU I am telling truth, I just simply repeat and pass on what i've been told by whoever i've spoken too at the Depot as the Information can helpful to other bus spotters who are interseted in what is happening with the services. Yet i've just been called a Liar on Facebook by Toms Netransportphotos, But the Information that I've posted is what I was told when I said to the driver about the Mercs going on the 27.

As for the Geminis and Scanias on the Lime that was Information passed to me by my Dad who knows the Bus Station Manager at Gateshead who knows various Managing Directors at GNE as he used to Work as Driver like most Bus Station Managers do.

And you what GNE are there always changing there plans which they've had for Months in advance, and wasting money on painting buses.

E.g. painting that solar at Washington into Northern then sending it Gateshead to be repainted again for the Highwayman. So there is a good example of GNE Branding up a Bus for so long then debranding and repainting again a month or 2 down the line.
Malarkey
14 Feb 2013, 5:43 pm #47

W179 SCU I am telling truth, I just simply repeat and pass on what i've been told by whoever i've spoken too at the Depot as the Information can helpful to other bus spotters who are interseted in what is happening with the services. Yet i've just been called a Liar on Facebook by Toms Netransportphotos, But the Information that I've posted is what I was told when I said to the driver about the Mercs going on the 27.

As for the Geminis and Scanias on the Lime that was Information passed to me by my Dad who knows the Bus Station Manager at Gateshead who knows various Managing Directors at GNE as he used to Work as Driver like most Bus Station Managers do.

And you what GNE are there always changing there plans which they've had for Months in advance, and wasting money on painting buses.

E.g. painting that solar at Washington into Northern then sending it Gateshead to be repainted again for the Highwayman. So there is a good example of GNE Branding up a Bus for so long then debranding and repainting again a month or 2 down the line.

Michael

14 Feb 2013, 8:10 pm #48
GNE change their plans so much u don't know what to believe but im sure u read ages ago that the Ciatro's were going on the 27 but plan's may of changed.

we just have to wait =)

There seems to be a gap in the 38 service at the places of Esdale Estate Bevan Avenue Top and Tunstall Bank Estate its only due at 30 and 50 mins past the hour, its seems daft.
Edited 14 Feb 2013, 8:34 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Feb 2013, 8:10 pm #48

GNE change their plans so much u don't know what to believe but im sure u read ages ago that the Ciatro's were going on the 27 but plan's may of changed.

we just have to wait =)

There seems to be a gap in the 38 service at the places of Esdale Estate Bevan Avenue Top and Tunstall Bank Estate its only due at 30 and 50 mins past the hour, its seems daft.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Kuyoyo

14 Feb 2013, 8:28 pm #49
Can we think logic here:

There are 14 Citaros used on the 10 (5310-9/28-30/2), the same number as there are B10BLEs on the 27 (4837-46/906-9). There are only 8 Scanias on the Loop (5219-26).

So, in effect, Citaros will end up on the 27 even if this (majorly load of...) rumour turns out to be true, because then there would only be 8 Scanias on the 27.
Kuyoyo
14 Feb 2013, 8:28 pm #49

Can we think logic here:

There are 14 Citaros used on the 10 (5310-9/28-30/2), the same number as there are B10BLEs on the 27 (4837-46/906-9). There are only 8 Scanias on the Loop (5219-26).

So, in effect, Citaros will end up on the 27 even if this (majorly load of...) rumour turns out to be true, because then there would only be 8 Scanias on the 27.

Malarkey

14 Feb 2013, 10:08 pm #50
kuyoyo is isn't lies I can assure you and only way It could work is by doing this using 6 gold scania at Deptford (4945/6, 4968/70/71/72) could be added to 8 loop scania giving 14 to then go on the 27. This would then allow 6 mercs to go on Laser and 8 to go on loop giving 14.

But as said before this is what I was told about the mercs by a driver at Saltmeadows, and GNE may have changed there plans it would make sense to do the above and make the laser all citaro operated at Deptford.

Obviously we are just going to have to wait and see what happens in the 6 weeks or so
Malarkey
14 Feb 2013, 10:08 pm #50

kuyoyo is isn't lies I can assure you and only way It could work is by doing this using 6 gold scania at Deptford (4945/6, 4968/70/71/72) could be added to 8 loop scania giving 14 to then go on the 27. This would then allow 6 mercs to go on Laser and 8 to go on loop giving 14.

But as said before this is what I was told about the mercs by a driver at Saltmeadows, and GNE may have changed there plans it would make sense to do the above and make the laser all citaro operated at Deptford.

Obviously we are just going to have to wait and see what happens in the 6 weeks or so

Kuyoyo

14 Feb 2013, 10:18 pm #51
(14 Feb 2013, 10:08 pm)Adam Malarkey kuyoyo is isn't lies I can assure you and only way It could work is by doing this using 6 gold scania at Deptford (4945/6, 4968/70/71/72) could be added to 8 loop scania giving 14 to then go on the 27. This would then allow 6 mercs to go on Laser and 8 to go on loop giving 14.

No, it's lies. As I have stated in the Stagecoach thread, rule one: drivers (non-enthuasists ones) lie. Take everything drivers tell you with a pinch of salt.

Plus, considering at this late stage the plan has always been the Citaros onto the 27, if (and its a big if) this is true, then it's a major change of plan at such a late stage.
Kuyoyo
14 Feb 2013, 10:18 pm #51

(14 Feb 2013, 10:08 pm)Adam Malarkey kuyoyo is isn't lies I can assure you and only way It could work is by doing this using 6 gold scania at Deptford (4945/6, 4968/70/71/72) could be added to 8 loop scania giving 14 to then go on the 27. This would then allow 6 mercs to go on Laser and 8 to go on loop giving 14.

No, it's lies. As I have stated in the Stagecoach thread, rule one: drivers (non-enthuasists ones) lie. Take everything drivers tell you with a pinch of salt.

Plus, considering at this late stage the plan has always been the Citaros onto the 27, if (and its a big if) this is true, then it's a major change of plan at such a late stage.

busmanT

15 Feb 2013, 12:05 am #52
There hasn't been any change of plan on the Citaro from TEN - they are going onto the 27 Crusader, first should be on there within a couple of weeks
busmanT
15 Feb 2013, 12:05 am #52

There hasn't been any change of plan on the Citaro from TEN - they are going onto the 27 Crusader, first should be on there within a couple of weeks

cbma06

15 Feb 2013, 9:37 am #53
GNE X7 stopping arrangements:

THIS SERVICE STOPS AT THE FOLLOWING POINTS ONLY: Middlesbrough Bus Station, then at all stops in Teesdale via Princeton Drive, Harvard Avenue, University Boulevard, Council of
Europe Boulevard, then only at Stockton High Street (North), Norton Red Lion, Station Town Millbank Terrace, then all stops via Front Street, B1280, Wingate Station Road, Front Street,
North Road, Salter’s Lane, North Road, Wellfield Road, then only at Peterlee Burnhope Way (The Moorcock), Peterlee Bus Station, Peterlee Essington Way/Crawford Avenue junction,
Dawdon Business Park South Shore Road, Seaham Sea Front (Byron Place), Grangetown Stockton Terrace and Sunderland Interchange.

cbma06
15 Feb 2013, 9:37 am #53

GNE X7 stopping arrangements:

THIS SERVICE STOPS AT THE FOLLOWING POINTS ONLY: Middlesbrough Bus Station, then at all stops in Teesdale via Princeton Drive, Harvard Avenue, University Boulevard, Council of
Europe Boulevard, then only at Stockton High Street (North), Norton Red Lion, Station Town Millbank Terrace, then all stops via Front Street, B1280, Wingate Station Road, Front Street,
North Road, Salter’s Lane, North Road, Wellfield Road, then only at Peterlee Burnhope Way (The Moorcock), Peterlee Bus Station, Peterlee Essington Way/Crawford Avenue junction,
Dawdon Business Park South Shore Road, Seaham Sea Front (Byron Place), Grangetown Stockton Terrace and Sunderland Interchange.

2bagstew

15 Feb 2013, 10:08 am #54
(15 Feb 2013, 9:37 am)cbma06 GNE X7 stopping arrangements:

Hi cbma06

I've just joined this excellent forum.
I live in the area which the X7 route will cover, do you know if the X7 will operate on a Saturday or will it only be Monday to Friday.

Regards
Stew.
2bagstew
15 Feb 2013, 10:08 am #54

Hi cbma06

I live in the area which the X7 route will cover, do you know if the X7 will operate on a Saturday or will it only be Monday to Friday.

Regards
Stew.

cbma06

15 Feb 2013, 10:23 am #55
(15 Feb 2013, 10:08 am)2bagstew

Hi cbma06

Regards
Stew.

Hello, welcome to the forum, the X7 will be monday to friday service only

link to X7 timetable:

http://www.simplygo.com/download/publica...13-binder/

I live in Peterlee, X7 timing is all wrong lol

Just been looking at the X7 and X9 timetable, from Peterlee the X7 runs 7 minutes in front of the X9 and gets into middlesbrough 10 minutes after X9, i think a monkey got into GNE office and played about with the timetable lol, From Peterlee to Middlesbrough do i risk getting on the X7 with a dart or wait 7 minutes for a luxury on X9 and the bus might be delayed 50/50 lol, GNE is missing out revenue on X7 saturdays busy day of the week.

(15 Feb 2013, 12:05 am)busmanT There hasn't been any change of plan on the Citaro from TEN - they are going onto the 27 Crusader, first should be on there within a couple of weeks

Go North East has announced the bus changes on there facebook page, and also said that there will be newer buses going on service 27, so these will be the Citaro buses from service 10. Will GNE repaint all the Citaros from silver to the red brand for service 27?.
Edited 15 Feb 2013, 10:38 am by cbma06.

cbma06
15 Feb 2013, 10:23 am #55

Hi cbma06

Regards
Stew.

link to X7 timetable:

Just been looking at the X7 and X9 timetable, from Peterlee the X7 runs 7 minutes in front of the X9 and gets into middlesbrough 10 minutes after X9, i think a monkey got into GNE office and played about with the timetable lol, From Peterlee to Middlesbrough do i risk getting on the X7 with a dart or wait 7 minutes for a luxury on X9 and the bus might be delayed 50/50 lol, GNE is missing out revenue on X7 saturdays busy day of the week.

(15 Feb 2013, 12:05 am)busmanT There hasn't been any change of plan on the Citaro from TEN - they are going onto the 27 Crusader, first should be on there within a couple of weeks

Go North East has announced the bus changes on there facebook page, and also said that there will be newer buses going on service 27, so these will be the Citaro buses from service 10. Will GNE repaint all the Citaros from silver to the red brand for service 27?.

Kuyoyo

15 Feb 2013, 10:46 am #56
(15 Feb 2013, 10:23 am)cbma06

Hi cbma06

Regards
Stew.

link to X7 timetable:

X7 is Monday to Saturday, just Go North East have only put the Monday-Friday timetable up.

The full time is here:http://www.connectteesvalley.com/data/ti...240313.pdf
Kuyoyo
15 Feb 2013, 10:46 am #56

(15 Feb 2013, 10:23 am)cbma06

Hi cbma06

Regards
Stew.

link to X7 timetable:

X7 is Monday to Saturday, just Go North East have only put the Monday-Friday timetable up.

cbma06

15 Feb 2013, 10:54 am #57

[/quote]

Ok, thanks for the update Kuyoyo

On the timetable of the X7 at connectteesvalley website, it states at bottom of timetable the following:

Ð - This service is normally operated using Easy Access Low Floor buses.

So does this mean it will be the east durham branded dart?
Edited 15 Feb 2013, 11:03 am by cbma06.

cbma06
15 Feb 2013, 10:54 am #57

[/quote]

On the timetable of the X7 at connectteesvalley website, it states at bottom of timetable the following:

Kuyoyo

15 Feb 2013, 11:15 am #58
(15 Feb 2013, 10:54 am)cbma06
(15 Feb 2013, 10:46 am)Kuyoyo X7 is Monday to Saturday, just Go North East have only put the Monday-Friday timetable up.

No, I seriously doubt they'll be using MPDs on the X7. As previously mentioned, I can see some of the B10BLEs off the Crusader moving onto the X7.
Kuyoyo
15 Feb 2013, 11:15 am #58

(15 Feb 2013, 10:54 am)cbma06
(15 Feb 2013, 10:46 am)Kuyoyo X7 is Monday to Saturday, just Go North East have only put the Monday-Friday timetable up.

No, I seriously doubt they'll be using MPDs on the X7. As previously mentioned, I can see some of the B10BLEs off the Crusader moving onto the X7.

2bagstew

15 Feb 2013, 11:35 am #59
(15 Feb 2013, 10:54 am)cbma06 X7 is Monday to Saturday, just Go North East have only put the Monday-Friday timetable up.

[/quote]

I live in Wingate, the X7 will clash with the Arriva 21A, but the 21A is so bad at keeping time the X7 will fill the perfectly. The only downside is the 206 been cut to a nearly a 2 hour service.

I hope they don't use the yellow darts, there clapped out and i can remember them breaking down when they where used to run the 211 to Middlesbrough.

Stew
2bagstew
15 Feb 2013, 11:35 am #59

(15 Feb 2013, 10:54 am)cbma06 X7 is Monday to Saturday, just Go North East have only put the Monday-Friday timetable up.

[/quote]

I live in Wingate, the X7 will clash with the Arriva 21A, but the 21A is so bad at keeping time the X7 will fill the perfectly. The only downside is the 206 been cut to a nearly a 2 hour service.

I hope they don't use the yellow darts, there clapped out and i can remember them breaking down when they where used to run the 211 to Middlesbrough.

Stew

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Feb 2013, 12:01 pm #60
The vehicle allocation for the X7 has been previously discussed on one of my photos on Flickr. When suggested that the X7 will use the plain yellow B10BLEs currently based at Percy Main, things escalated quite quickly.
Apparently, Peterlee uses MPDs and only MPDs because the drivers are paid less than at a normal depot. Transferring the B10BLEs over would mean that some of them would be driving normal sized vehicles and their salary would have to increase. This doesn't count in other depots because they have other vehicles too, but Peterlee just has the MPDs.

I don't know how reliable this information is, and I sadly can't give anyone the link to the photo in which these comments were made because it got quite aggressive on there too so I deleted all of the comments made which were off-topic to an MPD being on the 56!
Dan
15 Feb 2013, 12:01 pm #60

The vehicle allocation for the X7 has been previously discussed on one of my photos on Flickr. When suggested that the X7 will use the plain yellow B10BLEs currently based at Percy Main, things escalated quite quickly.
Apparently, Peterlee uses MPDs and only MPDs because the drivers are paid less than at a normal depot. Transferring the B10BLEs over would mean that some of them would be driving normal sized vehicles and their salary would have to increase. This doesn't count in other depots because they have other vehicles too, but Peterlee just has the MPDs.

I don't know how reliable this information is, and I sadly can't give anyone the link to the photo in which these comments were made because it got quite aggressive on there too so I deleted all of the comments made which were off-topic to an MPD being on the 56!

Pages (12) Previous 1 2 3 412 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average