Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2013

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2013

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (10) 1 2 310 Next
Michael

01 Jan 2013, 12:40 pm #1
(31 Dec 2012, 8:27 pm)W179SCU [quote='Daniel' pid='999' dateline='1356981970']
[quote='Michael' pid='997' dateline='1356971748']
Daniel what time were u at south shields and jarrow?, i was at both places today to, i decided to go on a adventure haha

Between 15:00 and 15:30. I had intended to stay longer but my camera died on me... It was constantly out from 09:00am! :L

Had intended on editing the above post but they'll go unnoticed now (as I've taken so long to caption them all)! See below:

I was there between 1 and 3, just missed you

Wonder what the first odd working on 2013 will be tommorow
Edited 01 Jan 2013, 1:09 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jan 2013, 12:40 pm #1

(31 Dec 2012, 8:27 pm)W179SCU [quote='Daniel' pid='999' dateline='1356981970']
[quote='Michael' pid='997' dateline='1356971748']
Daniel what time were u at south shields and jarrow?, i was at both places today to, i decided to go on a adventure haha

Between 15:00 and 15:30. I had intended to stay longer but my camera died on me... It was constantly out from 09:00am! :L

Had intended on editing the above post but they'll go unnoticed now (as I've taken so long to caption them all)! See below:

I was there between 1 and 3, just missed you

Wonder what the first odd working on 2013 will be tommorow

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

tyresmoke

01 Jan 2013, 9:26 pm #2
(01 Jan 2013, 8:52 pm)Liam Just realised how out of place the "Stopping" sign on the Tyne Tees Xpress B9s looks. You would have thought the screen would have been located their and the "Stopping" sign at the back of the stairs where the screen is currently positioned.

I'd guess its something to do with DDA, plus the postitioning of the CCTV screen above the poster holder on the back of the stairs.
tyresmoke
01 Jan 2013, 9:26 pm #2

(01 Jan 2013, 8:52 pm)Liam Just realised how out of place the "Stopping" sign on the Tyne Tees Xpress B9s looks. You would have thought the screen would have been located their and the "Stopping" sign at the back of the stairs where the screen is currently positioned.

I'd guess its something to do with DDA, plus the postitioning of the CCTV screen above the poster holder on the back of the stairs.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Jan 2013, 9:43 pm #3
(31 Dec 2012, 4:35 pm)Michael Wonder what the first odd working on 2013 will be tommorow

Enjoy the rain, if you choose to go out!
Dan
01 Jan 2013, 9:43 pm #3

(31 Dec 2012, 4:35 pm)Michael Wonder what the first odd working on 2013 will be tommorow

Enjoy the rain, if you choose to go out!

gtom

Banned

02 Jan 2013, 12:33 pm #4
Happy New Year All.

Quick question, I notice the 21 is running a special timetable still, had a look and can't see much difference aside the early morning Newcastle-Birtley Komatsu run (for Lord Lawson Academy) being taken out. Is that it?

Also spotted this morning (from afar) was a conked out Waggonway in Lamesley (the 3rd I've seen in 2 weeks!) alongside a Lambton Worm. The DAF's are really struggling lately
gtom
02 Jan 2013, 12:33 pm #4

Happy New Year All.

Quick question, I notice the 21 is running a special timetable still, had a look and can't see much difference aside the early morning Newcastle-Birtley Komatsu run (for Lord Lawson Academy) being taken out. Is that it?

Also spotted this morning (from afar) was a conked out Waggonway in Lamesley (the 3rd I've seen in 2 weeks!) alongside a Lambton Worm. The DAF's are really struggling lately

Michael

02 Jan 2013, 1:51 pm #5
Was on open line today and got a few answers

Michael:
Hi, first of all Happy New Year, I was wondering if you are planning to do any more Customer Consultation's, if so which locations would be up for changes?

Hi Michael, happy new year to you too. We always aim to conduct service changes in areas where we a planning any significant changes to routes. However, some passengers complained that they were unable to access the online consultations we've previously used (if for example they don't have a computer), therefore we are trying different methods to increase the accessibility to our consultations, including door to door surveys. We are currently consulting on some plans to change services in Prudhoe & Western Gateshead, with leaflets posted to all households in the areas affected by the change and staff on board buses.

Wonder what services/changes these will involve?
------------------------------------
are you planning on ordering new buses this year expect for the ones for the TEN routes?

We have a number of proposals for new vehicles in the pipeline, though unfortunately I'm unable to provide exact details of these at the current time.
--------
a friend asks, are u planning on buying any of the buses which were on demo last year at Deptford depot, such as the E200,Wright Streetlite etc?
We're still evaluating whether these vehicles would be better suited to our services. Each time we decide to buy new vehicles, all of the vehicle types available on the market at that time will be considered before we make a decision

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Jan 2013, 1:51 pm #5

Was on open line today and got a few answers

Michael:
Hi, first of all Happy New Year, I was wondering if you are planning to do any more Customer Consultation's, if so which locations would be up for changes?

Hi Michael, happy new year to you too. We always aim to conduct service changes in areas where we a planning any significant changes to routes. However, some passengers complained that they were unable to access the online consultations we've previously used (if for example they don't have a computer), therefore we are trying different methods to increase the accessibility to our consultations, including door to door surveys. We are currently consulting on some plans to change services in Prudhoe & Western Gateshead, with leaflets posted to all households in the areas affected by the change and staff on board buses.

Wonder what services/changes these will involve?
------------------------------------
are you planning on ordering new buses this year expect for the ones for the TEN routes?

We have a number of proposals for new vehicles in the pipeline, though unfortunately I'm unable to provide exact details of these at the current time.
--------
a friend asks, are u planning on buying any of the buses which were on demo last year at Deptford depot, such as the E200,Wright Streetlite etc?
We're still evaluating whether these vehicles would be better suited to our services. Each time we decide to buy new vehicles, all of the vehicle types available on the market at that time will be considered before we make a decision

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

02 Jan 2013, 8:09 pm #6
Got a shock this morning seeing 4944 on the 9A this morning still carrying full The Nine vinyls! Been so used to seeing the ex-West Durham Swift Omnicities on the service lately.
NEB Admin Team
02 Jan 2013, 8:09 pm #6

Got a shock this morning seeing 4944 on the 9A this morning still carrying full The Nine vinyls! Been so used to seeing the ex-West Durham Swift Omnicities on the service lately.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Jan 2013, 8:23 pm #7
(02 Jan 2013, 8:09 pm)Brandon Got a shock this morning seeing 4944 on the 9A this morning still carrying full The Nine vinyls! Been so used to seeing the ex-West Durham Swift Omnicities on the service lately.

You are joking, right? I got my dates mixed up and I go to London tomorrow.
I had intended to re-take my photo of the 9A this morning but decided against it..!

Yup, it remains the last one to be fully branded according to my fleet list.
Dan
02 Jan 2013, 8:23 pm #7

(02 Jan 2013, 8:09 pm)Brandon Got a shock this morning seeing 4944 on the 9A this morning still carrying full The Nine vinyls! Been so used to seeing the ex-West Durham Swift Omnicities on the service lately.

You are joking, right? I got my dates mixed up and I go to London tomorrow.
I had intended to re-take my photo of the 9A this morning but decided against it..!

Yup, it remains the last one to be fully branded according to my fleet list.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

02 Jan 2013, 8:33 pm #8
Not joking! And bad luck getting your dates mixed! It was running on the 0602 from Sunderland that goes all the way through to North Shields. I was on the bus sitting at the lights at the Wheatsheaf when it went flying past. First time this journey has operated since before Christmas with it being all Saturday timetables! To be fair, I've even see a ShowStopper on that particular journey recently as well as a Plaxton President bodied Volvo B7 a few times, but the ex-West Durham omni's are usually the norm.

I'm surprised 4944 has stayed so long at Percy Main and especially in full branding, with the other examples having moved to Highwayman a little while ago...
NEB Admin Team
02 Jan 2013, 8:33 pm #8

Not joking! And bad luck getting your dates mixed! It was running on the 0602 from Sunderland that goes all the way through to North Shields. I was on the bus sitting at the lights at the Wheatsheaf when it went flying past. First time this journey has operated since before Christmas with it being all Saturday timetables! To be fair, I've even see a ShowStopper on that particular journey recently as well as a Plaxton President bodied Volvo B7 a few times, but the ex-West Durham omni's are usually the norm.

I'm surprised 4944 has stayed so long at Percy Main and especially in full branding, with the other examples having moved to Highwayman a little while ago...

Tom

02 Jan 2013, 8:59 pm #9
(02 Jan 2013, 8:33 pm)Brandon Not joking! And bad luck getting your dates mixed! It was running on the 0602 from Sunderland that goes all the way through to North Shields. I was on the bus sitting at the lights at the Wheatsheaf when it went flying past. First time this journey has operated since before Christmas with it being all Saturday timetables! To be fair, I've even see a ShowStopper on that particular journey recently as well as a Plaxton President bodied Volvo B7 a few times, but the ex-West Durham omni's are usually the norm.

A Plaxton President bodied Volvo B7 on the 9A???? - Percy Main don't have any, do they?
Tom
02 Jan 2013, 8:59 pm #9

(02 Jan 2013, 8:33 pm)Brandon Not joking! And bad luck getting your dates mixed! It was running on the 0602 from Sunderland that goes all the way through to North Shields. I was on the bus sitting at the lights at the Wheatsheaf when it went flying past. First time this journey has operated since before Christmas with it being all Saturday timetables! To be fair, I've even see a ShowStopper on that particular journey recently as well as a Plaxton President bodied Volvo B7 a few times, but the ex-West Durham omni's are usually the norm.

A Plaxton President bodied Volvo B7 on the 9A???? - Percy Main don't have any, do they?

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

02 Jan 2013, 9:09 pm #10
Just checked the fleet list, and you're right Percy Main don't have any at the moment. When it's dark outside and I'm in a passing bus, it's very hard to see fleet numbers, but they were definitely B7's for sure! The first two journeys from Sunderland appear to run light from Percy Main depot before service. Perhaps the times I've seen B7's on the 9A, they have been supplied by Deptford instead; if Percy Main for whatever reason were unable to get a vehicle down in time.

The next time I see a B7 on the 9A, I'll try my best to get a fleet number just to see if that's the case. Smile
NEB Admin Team
02 Jan 2013, 9:09 pm #10

Just checked the fleet list, and you're right Percy Main don't have any at the moment. When it's dark outside and I'm in a passing bus, it's very hard to see fleet numbers, but they were definitely B7's for sure! The first two journeys from Sunderland appear to run light from Percy Main depot before service. Perhaps the times I've seen B7's on the 9A, they have been supplied by Deptford instead; if Percy Main for whatever reason were unable to get a vehicle down in time.

The next time I see a B7 on the 9A, I'll try my best to get a fleet number just to see if that's the case. Smile

Tom

02 Jan 2013, 9:10 pm #11
(02 Jan 2013, 9:09 pm)Brandon Just checked the fleet list, and you're right Percy Main don't have any at the moment. When it's dark outside and I'm in a passing bus, it's very hard to see fleet numbers, but they were definitely B7's for sure! The first two journeys from Sunderland appear to run light from Percy Main depot before service. Perhaps the times I've seen B7's on the 9A, they have been supplied by Deptford instead; if Percy Main for whatever reason were unable to get a vehicle down in time.

Couldn't it be a Lolyne? - Or a DFDS President? - I forgot about them!
Tom
02 Jan 2013, 9:10 pm #11

(02 Jan 2013, 9:09 pm)Brandon Just checked the fleet list, and you're right Percy Main don't have any at the moment. When it's dark outside and I'm in a passing bus, it's very hard to see fleet numbers, but they were definitely B7's for sure! The first two journeys from Sunderland appear to run light from Percy Main depot before service. Perhaps the times I've seen B7's on the 9A, they have been supplied by Deptford instead; if Percy Main for whatever reason were unable to get a vehicle down in time.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

02 Jan 2013, 9:12 pm #12
(02 Jan 2013, 9:10 pm)W179SCU

Definitely Northern B7's! Smile

It would be great to see a DFDS President sometime though! Big Grin
NEB Admin Team
02 Jan 2013, 9:12 pm #12

Tom

02 Jan 2013, 9:16 pm #13
(02 Jan 2013, 9:12 pm)Brandon

The spare ones are often on the 17... But they have been on the 9 before Wink
Tom
02 Jan 2013, 9:16 pm #13

(02 Jan 2013, 9:12 pm)Brandon

The spare ones are often on the 17... But they have been on the 9 before Wink

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

02 Jan 2013, 9:22 pm #14
I forgot about the Metro replacement work. It would have been from the start of November because that's when I started work and had to use the replacement buses for the Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd November - I completely forgot about that! The B7's were probably straying on the 9A when I saw them.
NEB Admin Team
02 Jan 2013, 9:22 pm #14

I forgot about the Metro replacement work. It would have been from the start of November because that's when I started work and had to use the replacement buses for the Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd November - I completely forgot about that! The B7's were probably straying on the 9A when I saw them.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Jan 2013, 9:39 pm #15
If a DFDS Seaways branded vehicle can make its way onto the 80, I think it's fair to conclude they can make their way onto anything.
Dan
02 Jan 2013, 9:39 pm #15

If a DFDS Seaways branded vehicle can make its way onto the 80, I think it's fair to conclude they can make their way onto anything.

Tom

02 Jan 2013, 9:45 pm #16
(02 Jan 2013, 9:39 pm)Daniel If a DFDS Seaways branded vehicle can make its way onto the 80, I think it's fair to conclude they can make their way onto anything.

I saw one on the 41 when coming back from Shields. The 40/41/80/17A interwork...
Tom
02 Jan 2013, 9:45 pm #16

(02 Jan 2013, 9:39 pm)Daniel If a DFDS Seaways branded vehicle can make its way onto the 80, I think it's fair to conclude they can make their way onto anything.

I saw one on the 41 when coming back from Shields. The 40/41/80/17A interwork...

tyresmoke

03 Jan 2013, 1:29 am #17
It may well be that it is on the start of a peak running board that runs into depot around 0930 having provided an extra vehicle at peak ime, in which case it is likely to be allocated any vehicle which is required by engineering. Just a guess though.
tyresmoke
03 Jan 2013, 1:29 am #17

It may well be that it is on the start of a peak running board that runs into depot around 0930 having provided an extra vehicle at peak ime, in which case it is likely to be allocated any vehicle which is required by engineering. Just a guess though.

Adam

03 Jan 2013, 3:46 pm #18
Pleased to say that 3826 is back in service after its crash on the slip road going to the Metrocentre the other week. Spent this morning/lunchtime on the 24. It has a slightly different front end but it still seems to work perfectly fine Smile
Adam
03 Jan 2013, 3:46 pm #18

Pleased to say that 3826 is back in service after its crash on the slip road going to the Metrocentre the other week. Spent this morning/lunchtime on the 24. It has a slightly different front end but it still seems to work perfectly fine Smile

Michael

03 Jan 2013, 6:58 pm #19
On Take Pride in Prudhoe Fb page theres a post about changes for the TEN and looks like the 11, well anyway they have a draft on what the main changes are. (dont know full questionaire, not online yet)

Go North East are consulting on changes they plan from March. In a nutshell the frequency of the 10 west of Prudhoe lights will drop from 20 minutes to 30 minutes. However brand new double deck buses will operate the 10 and other tweaks mean that the number of seats and frequency east of Prudhoe is rather positive. Broadly I welcome this although it will highlight how poor the west and south quarters of Prudhoe are served by public transport.

By comments the 11 will become a 10B, has anyone got the leaflet and be able to upload it to here?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Jan 2013, 6:58 pm #19

On Take Pride in Prudhoe Fb page theres a post about changes for the TEN and looks like the 11, well anyway they have a draft on what the main changes are. (dont know full questionaire, not online yet)

Go North East are consulting on changes they plan from March. In a nutshell the frequency of the 10 west of Prudhoe lights will drop from 20 minutes to 30 minutes. However brand new double deck buses will operate the 10 and other tweaks mean that the number of seats and frequency east of Prudhoe is rather positive. Broadly I welcome this although it will highlight how poor the west and south quarters of Prudhoe are served by public transport.

By comments the 11 will become a 10B, has anyone got the leaflet and be able to upload it to here?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

NEB Admin Team

Unregistered

03 Jan 2013, 8:13 pm #20
I can't find an online copy of the consultation unfortunately. Looks like you can pick up a copy at Prudhoe Post Office and Library but that's not really convenient for me! By the sounds of it, Prudhoe will get a "clockface" bus timetable towards Newcastle, every 15 minutes on 10/10B, rather than a 20 minute service on 10 and every 30 minutes on 11.

I've just been checking out the Prudhoe council minutes to see if there was anything there but there wasn't. Something about the 686 though. Took me ages to figure out that the titles of the Word documents were dates! Ended up going through them all Dodgy

http://www.parish-council.com/prudhoe/library.asp

Minutes from 30 November 2012 -

Members received the e-mail from NCC detailing that the new route and timetable of the 686 would remain unchanged from that already advised. Additionally a report was given that NCC were unable to find a solution to the issue of students travelling to Prudhoe Community High School from Ovingham. Cllr Mrs Burt expressed disappointment again that a solution could not be found to this problem. Cllr Bradbury stated that he hoped that when school transport contracts were due for renewal that this issue would be addressed in the tender issued by NCC and proposed that the Town Council respond to this effect.

It was AGREED that the Town Council would formally request NCC make provision for students travelling from Ovingham to Prudhoe Community High School in future school transport contracts
Proposed: Cllr N Bradbury
Seconded: Cllr Mrs E Burt

Members discussed the request by Go North-East to contribute toward the cost of distributing bus timetables in the Town.

It was AGREED that the Town Council would not subsidise the timetable distribution costs of a private company
Proposed: Cllr Mrs E Burt
Seconded: Cllr N Bradbury

Looks like there might be a change to the 686 too.

I'll post a link to that Facebook page, some interesting comments underneath -

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=310901169022070&set=pb.244877205624467.-2207520000.1357242771&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F541945_310901169022070_559926112_n.jpg&size=308%2C626

This may be of interest to some members - gives details about the levels of subsidy given to a number of Go North East operated services in the West Northumberland Area - published February 2012 -

[attachment=1401]
NEB Admin Team
03 Jan 2013, 8:13 pm #20

I can't find an online copy of the consultation unfortunately. Looks like you can pick up a copy at Prudhoe Post Office and Library but that's not really convenient for me! By the sounds of it, Prudhoe will get a "clockface" bus timetable towards Newcastle, every 15 minutes on 10/10B, rather than a 20 minute service on 10 and every 30 minutes on 11.

I've just been checking out the Prudhoe council minutes to see if there was anything there but there wasn't. Something about the 686 though. Took me ages to figure out that the titles of the Word documents were dates! Ended up going through them all Dodgy

http://www.parish-council.com/prudhoe/library.asp

Minutes from 30 November 2012 -

Members received the e-mail from NCC detailing that the new route and timetable of the 686 would remain unchanged from that already advised. Additionally a report was given that NCC were unable to find a solution to the issue of students travelling to Prudhoe Community High School from Ovingham. Cllr Mrs Burt expressed disappointment again that a solution could not be found to this problem. Cllr Bradbury stated that he hoped that when school transport contracts were due for renewal that this issue would be addressed in the tender issued by NCC and proposed that the Town Council respond to this effect.

It was AGREED that the Town Council would formally request NCC make provision for students travelling from Ovingham to Prudhoe Community High School in future school transport contracts
Proposed: Cllr N Bradbury
Seconded: Cllr Mrs E Burt

Members discussed the request by Go North-East to contribute toward the cost of distributing bus timetables in the Town.

It was AGREED that the Town Council would not subsidise the timetable distribution costs of a private company
Proposed: Cllr Mrs E Burt
Seconded: Cllr N Bradbury

Looks like there might be a change to the 686 too.

I'll post a link to that Facebook page, some interesting comments underneath -

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=310901169022070&set=pb.244877205624467.-2207520000.1357242771&type=3&src=http%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F541945_310901169022070_559926112_n.jpg&size=308%2C626

This may be of interest to some members - gives details about the levels of subsidy given to a number of Go North East operated services in the West Northumberland Area - published February 2012 -

[attachment=1401]

Pages (10) 1 2 310 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average