Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2014

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (89): Previous 1 2 389 Next
Kuyoyo

01 Jan 2014, 1:17 pm #21
(01 Jan 2014, 12:51 pm)Dan No. It has been suggested for a few weeks now that it won't. The unknown details should have been where the vehicles were going instead of the "Pronto".

I would think the replacements for the B7s on there will have to be sourced from another of Go Ahead's operations.
Kuyoyo
01 Jan 2014, 1:17 pm #21

(01 Jan 2014, 12:51 pm)Dan No. It has been suggested for a few weeks now that it won't. The unknown details should have been where the vehicles were going instead of the "Pronto".

I would think the replacements for the B7s on there will have to be sourced from another of Go Ahead's operations.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Jan 2014, 1:23 pm #22
(01 Jan 2014, 1:17 pm)Kuyoyo I would think the replacements for the B7s on there will have to be sourced from another of Go Ahead's operations.

I would be very surprised.
In 2015, I think the service will receive cascades from the "Red Arrows". This would allow the "Red Arrows" to receive direct investment once more, no doubt with the usual benefits of travelling (power sockets, Wi-Fi, Next Stop Announcements etc).
By this time, the B9s on the "Red Arrows" would have pulled quite a bit of the cost back to purchase them, allowing for the rational decision to cascade them.

The only immediacy for an upgrade to the "Pronto" was to allow Olympian withdrawal, which should be achieved next year without the aid of "Pronto" cascades.
Dan
01 Jan 2014, 1:23 pm #22

(01 Jan 2014, 1:17 pm)Kuyoyo I would think the replacements for the B7s on there will have to be sourced from another of Go Ahead's operations.

I would be very surprised.
In 2015, I think the service will receive cascades from the "Red Arrows". This would allow the "Red Arrows" to receive direct investment once more, no doubt with the usual benefits of travelling (power sockets, Wi-Fi, Next Stop Announcements etc).
By this time, the B9s on the "Red Arrows" would have pulled quite a bit of the cost back to purchase them, allowing for the rational decision to cascade them.

The only immediacy for an upgrade to the "Pronto" was to allow Olympian withdrawal, which should be achieved next year without the aid of "Pronto" cascades.

Michael

01 Jan 2014, 1:33 pm #23
Will deptford loose their Vykings and 6020 with the new B9's and Sunderland changes?

Don't think they will be needed as it looks like the 29 might not go to Jarrow.
Edited 01 Jan 2014, 1:36 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jan 2014, 1:33 pm #23

Will deptford loose their Vykings and 6020 with the new B9's and Sunderland changes?

Don't think they will be needed as it looks like the 29 might not go to Jarrow.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Jan 2014, 1:38 pm #24
(01 Jan 2014, 1:33 pm)Michael Will deptford loose their Vykings and 6020 with the new B9's and Sunderland changes?

Don't think they will be needed

I'd imagine (at least some of) the Vykings will go to other depots to allow for Olympian withdrawal, as service 29 will be operated by corporate liveried Solars.
Not sure about 6020, but could be worth keeping that one at Deptford for the likes of the 20 if a branded Solar is VOR.
Dan
01 Jan 2014, 1:38 pm #24

(01 Jan 2014, 1:33 pm)Michael Will deptford loose their Vykings and 6020 with the new B9's and Sunderland changes?

Don't think they will be needed

I'd imagine (at least some of) the Vykings will go to other depots to allow for Olympian withdrawal, as service 29 will be operated by corporate liveried Solars.
Not sure about 6020, but could be worth keeping that one at Deptford for the likes of the 20 if a branded Solar is VOR.

Michael

01 Jan 2014, 1:44 pm #25
(01 Jan 2014, 1:38 pm)Dan I'd imagine (at least some of) the Vykings will go to other depots to allow for Olympian withdrawal, as service 29 will be operated by corporate liveried Solars.

Would make my year if Deptford lost all their Vykings, their terrible

However they might keep a couple and 6020 just for back up, like you said
Or
We could loose all our Vykings and just keep 6020.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jan 2014, 1:44 pm #25

(01 Jan 2014, 1:38 pm)Dan I'd imagine (at least some of) the Vykings will go to other depots to allow for Olympian withdrawal, as service 29 will be operated by corporate liveried Solars.

Would make my year if Deptford lost all their Vykings, their terrible

However they might keep a couple and 6020 just for back up, like you said
Or
We could loose all our Vykings and just keep 6020.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

gtom

Banned

01 Jan 2014, 2:45 pm #26
(01 Jan 2014, 1:23 pm)Dan I would be very surprised.

Angel would get an upgrade before Red Arrows?

The Hybrids seem to be constantly off road at some points these days. Only one that seems to cope is the non hybrid ex 724 and TTX vehicles and the many red Northern deckers covering
gtom
01 Jan 2014, 2:45 pm #26

(01 Jan 2014, 1:23 pm)Dan I would be very surprised.

Angel would get an upgrade before Red Arrows?

The Hybrids seem to be constantly off road at some points these days. Only one that seems to cope is the non hybrid ex 724 and TTX vehicles and the many red Northern deckers covering

tyresmoke

01 Jan 2014, 2:54 pm #27
(01 Jan 2014, 2:45 pm)gtomlinson Angel would get an upgrade before Red Arrows?

Lets not forget the lack of foresight in ordering 13 hybrids and then upping the PVR to 15 a matters of weeks after them entering service! No surprise then that red buses feature daily.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
01 Jan 2014, 2:54 pm #27

Lets not forget the lack of foresight in ordering 13 hybrids and then upping the PVR to 15 a matters of weeks after them entering service! No surprise then that red buses feature daily.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Jan 2014, 2:55 pm #28

While I cannot deny that the Angel makes a lot more revenue than the Red Arrows and would therefore justify any investment you throw at it, the Red Arrows vehicles are older and have had longer on a star service to be paid for.

I wouldn't have thought the B5LH vehicles would be suitable elsewhere just yet, so if the X21 did not receive its upgrade in the way I suggested above, I'd suggest that a ten minute frequency would be instated on Angel service 21 to Durham (5m to CLS), with half hourly journeys extending to Bishop Auckland. If this was to happen, I'd imagine that enough B5LH vehicles would be ordered to cover the PVR so the two B7TL spares would actually be..spare.

What would the customer prefer? What would GNE prefer?
I think we'll need to start a '2015 orders' thread in a minute. Of course this is all very early days, so there is ample chance for things to change...
Dan
01 Jan 2014, 2:55 pm #28

While I cannot deny that the Angel makes a lot more revenue than the Red Arrows and would therefore justify any investment you throw at it, the Red Arrows vehicles are older and have had longer on a star service to be paid for.

I wouldn't have thought the B5LH vehicles would be suitable elsewhere just yet, so if the X21 did not receive its upgrade in the way I suggested above, I'd suggest that a ten minute frequency would be instated on Angel service 21 to Durham (5m to CLS), with half hourly journeys extending to Bishop Auckland. If this was to happen, I'd imagine that enough B5LH vehicles would be ordered to cover the PVR so the two B7TL spares would actually be..spare.

I think we'll need to start a '2015 orders' thread in a minute. Of course this is all very early days, so there is ample chance for things to change...

01 Jan 2014, 3:03 pm #29
(01 Jan 2014, 2:55 pm)Dan While I cannot deny that the Angel makes a lot more revenue than the Red Arrows and would therefore justify any investment you throw at it, the Red Arrows vehicles are older and have had longer on a star service to be paid for.

Personally I wouldn't really care what bus I got, all I want out of a bus is where it gets me from A to B without any problems. I always thought the Hybrids were a bad idea. They should of settled with ordinary B9s I think. Its very rare I see the Branded Spares out actually on the route covering for a B9, not like im at the places they operate very often like but still...B9s cope a lot better than B5s.
northtynelinks2
01 Jan 2014, 3:03 pm #29

(01 Jan 2014, 2:55 pm)Dan While I cannot deny that the Angel makes a lot more revenue than the Red Arrows and would therefore justify any investment you throw at it, the Red Arrows vehicles are older and have had longer on a star service to be paid for.

Personally I wouldn't really care what bus I got, all I want out of a bus is where it gets me from A to B without any problems. I always thought the Hybrids were a bad idea. They should of settled with ordinary B9s I think. Its very rare I see the Branded Spares out actually on the route covering for a B9, not like im at the places they operate very often like but still...B9s cope a lot better than B5s.

Tom

01 Jan 2014, 3:04 pm #30
Must say, these changes are the most interesting yet Big Grin
Tom
01 Jan 2014, 3:04 pm #30

Must say, these changes are the most interesting yet Big Grin

peter

01 Jan 2014, 3:06 pm #31
The fleet lists page is down, if you click on the link it comes up with page not found.
peter
01 Jan 2014, 3:06 pm #31

The fleet lists page is down, if you click on the link it comes up with page not found.

Andreos1

01 Jan 2014, 3:08 pm #32
(01 Jan 2014, 3:03 pm)northtynelinks2 Personally I wouldn't really care what bus I got, all I want out of a bus is where it gets me from A to B without any problems. I always thought the Hybrids were a bad idea. They should of settled with ordinary B9s I think. Its very rare I see the Branded Spares out actually on the route covering for a B9, not like im at the places they operate very often like but still...B9s cope a lot better than B5s.

Thinking logically, the technology on the b5 hybrids is brand new, compared to the engine within a b9, that has been tweaked, adapted and improved since Volvo entered the market way back when.
There were bound to be problems of one type or another.

Hopefully, the reliability can be improved, particularly with the b5 engine becoming standard on the Volvo powered citybuses.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
01 Jan 2014, 3:08 pm #32

(01 Jan 2014, 3:03 pm)northtynelinks2 Personally I wouldn't really care what bus I got, all I want out of a bus is where it gets me from A to B without any problems. I always thought the Hybrids were a bad idea. They should of settled with ordinary B9s I think. Its very rare I see the Branded Spares out actually on the route covering for a B9, not like im at the places they operate very often like but still...B9s cope a lot better than B5s.

Thinking logically, the technology on the b5 hybrids is brand new, compared to the engine within a b9, that has been tweaked, adapted and improved since Volvo entered the market way back when.
There were bound to be problems of one type or another.

Hopefully, the reliability can be improved, particularly with the b5 engine becoming standard on the Volvo powered citybuses.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Jan 2014, 3:08 pm #33
(01 Jan 2014, 3:06 pm)peter The fleet lists page is down, if you click on the link it comes up with page not found.

Liam is making a few "behind the scenes" fixes which require the page to be down - news was the same earlier, but is now back up again.
When they're back up, I will edit the ANE fleet lists with the things you e-mailed me with.
Dan
01 Jan 2014, 3:08 pm #33

(01 Jan 2014, 3:06 pm)peter The fleet lists page is down, if you click on the link it comes up with page not found.

Liam is making a few "behind the scenes" fixes which require the page to be down - news was the same earlier, but is now back up again.
When they're back up, I will edit the ANE fleet lists with the things you e-mailed me with.

Michael

01 Jan 2014, 3:12 pm #34
(01 Jan 2014, 3:04 pm)Tom Must say, these changes are the most interesting yet Big Grin

Oh ye, they might finally get North Sunderland right haha
Edited 01 Jan 2014, 3:12 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jan 2014, 3:12 pm #34

(01 Jan 2014, 3:04 pm)Tom Must say, these changes are the most interesting yet Big Grin

Oh ye, they might finally get North Sunderland right haha

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

tyresmoke

01 Jan 2014, 3:16 pm #35
(01 Jan 2014, 3:12 pm)Michael Oh ye, they might finally get North Sunderland right haha

Doesn't take a genius to work out that if you keep changing routes, your passengers get confused and won't use them!

tyresmoke
01 Jan 2014, 3:16 pm #35

(01 Jan 2014, 3:12 pm)Michael Oh ye, they might finally get North Sunderland right haha

Doesn't take a genius to work out that if you keep changing routes, your passengers get confused and won't use them!

Michael

01 Jan 2014, 3:18 pm #36
(01 Jan 2014, 3:16 pm)tyresmoke Doesn't take a genius to work out that if you keep changing routes, your passengers get confused and won't use them!

Think the services were changed twice last year and they didn't work.. hopefully these ones do..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jan 2014, 3:18 pm #36

(01 Jan 2014, 3:16 pm)tyresmoke Doesn't take a genius to work out that if you keep changing routes, your passengers get confused and won't use them!

Think the services were changed twice last year and they didn't work.. hopefully these ones do..

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

peter

01 Jan 2014, 3:24 pm #37
(01 Jan 2014, 3:08 pm)Dan Liam is making a few "behind the scenes" fixes which require the page to be down - news was the same earlier, but is now back up again.

Ok, just making sure you knew in case you didn't. Smile
peter
01 Jan 2014, 3:24 pm #37

(01 Jan 2014, 3:08 pm)Dan Liam is making a few "behind the scenes" fixes which require the page to be down - news was the same earlier, but is now back up again.

Ok, just making sure you knew in case you didn't. Smile

citaro5284

01 Jan 2014, 3:31 pm #38

So what would you suggest if a service is not performing.....you cannot just keep running and running it. Just look at quite a few service in Arriva Northumbria area (eh Scott Big Grin ). Look how they had to revert back when the X4 and X5 were a disaster and how many times they have mucked around with the 57/57A.....that many complaints from Councillors regarding the X4/X5, I am lead to believe Mr De Santis had to ensure the services were corrected.

Bit like Whitby town services eh?
(01 Jan 2014, 2:54 pm)tyresmoke Lets not forget the lack of foresight in ordering 13 hybrids and then upping the PVR to 15 a matters of weeks after them entering service! No surprise then that red buses feature daily.

At least the GNE Hybrids are kept on the route they were bought for...unlike another operator......How many Hybrids are on routes other than the 308 Tongue
(31 Dec 2013, 8:44 pm)tyresmoke Another thing that sticks out to me, is the way they link all of their brands together. You see one of Trent Barton's brands, you know who operates it. Go North East don't have the same link, and I reckon its something that they could do with implementing... TB don't emblazon their name all over the buses, but they all still shout "Trent Barton" at you.

How do they link the brands? If you look at their competitor, to a normal man in the street, how would you know it was either Trent Barton or Yourbus?
citaro5284
01 Jan 2014, 3:31 pm #38

So what would you suggest if a service is not performing.....you cannot just keep running and running it. Just look at quite a few service in Arriva Northumbria area (eh Scott Big Grin ). Look how they had to revert back when the X4 and X5 were a disaster and how many times they have mucked around with the 57/57A.....that many complaints from Councillors regarding the X4/X5, I am lead to believe Mr De Santis had to ensure the services were corrected.

(01 Jan 2014, 2:54 pm)tyresmoke Lets not forget the lack of foresight in ordering 13 hybrids and then upping the PVR to 15 a matters of weeks after them entering service! No surprise then that red buses feature daily.

At least the GNE Hybrids are kept on the route they were bought for...unlike another operator......How many Hybrids are on routes other than the 308 Tongue
(31 Dec 2013, 8:44 pm)tyresmoke Another thing that sticks out to me, is the way they link all of their brands together. You see one of Trent Barton's brands, you know who operates it. Go North East don't have the same link, and I reckon its something that they could do with implementing... TB don't emblazon their name all over the buses, but they all still shout "Trent Barton" at you.

How do they link the brands? If you look at their competitor, to a normal man in the street, how would you know it was either Trent Barton or Yourbus?

Andreos1

01 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm #39
(01 Jan 2014, 3:31 pm)citaro5284 So what would you suggest if a service is not performing.....you cannot just keep running and running it. Just look at quite a few service in Arriva Northumbria area (eh Scott Big Grin ). Look how they had to revert back when the X4 and X5 were a disaster and how many times they have mucked around with the 57/57A.....that many complaints from Councillors regarding the X4/X5, I am lead to believe Mr De Santis had to ensure the services were corrected.

Because Yourbus and NCT have their names displayed in vinyls on the front perhaps?

Andreos1
01 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm #39

(01 Jan 2014, 3:31 pm)citaro5284 So what would you suggest if a service is not performing.....you cannot just keep running and running it. Just look at quite a few service in Arriva Northumbria area (eh Scott Big Grin ). Look how they had to revert back when the X4 and X5 were a disaster and how many times they have mucked around with the 57/57A.....that many complaints from Councillors regarding the X4/X5, I am lead to believe Mr De Santis had to ensure the services were corrected.

Because Yourbus and NCT have their names displayed in vinyls on the front perhaps?

01 Jan 2014, 4:24 pm #40
5210 is now back at Deptford freshly repainted yellow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dansnorthea...689181436/
01 Jan 2014, 4:24 pm #40

5210 is now back at Deptford freshly repainted yellow.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dansnorthea...689181436/

Pages (89): Previous 1 2 389 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average