Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2014

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (40) 1 2 340 Next
01 Apr 2014, 5:42 am #1
(31 Mar 2014, 9:12 pm)Tom Yeah, I know of three, and that's it.

I beg your Pardon, there's actually 5, another one on my morning CC to work.
Davey Bowyer
01 Apr 2014, 5:42 am #1

I beg your Pardon, there's actually 5, another one on my morning CC to work.

DanPicken

Banned

01 Apr 2014, 6:11 am #2

i know of 3 at washington
DanPicken
01 Apr 2014, 6:11 am #2

i know of 3 at washington

Wellsey18

01 Apr 2014, 8:59 am #3
Are we really counting the amount of women drivers....
Wellsey18
01 Apr 2014, 8:59 am #3

Are we really counting the amount of women drivers....

Diamond One

Banned

01 Apr 2014, 12:57 pm #4
(01 Apr 2014, 6:11 am)danpick i know of 3 at washington

i know lots from Washington one of which is my Ex aunt
Diamond One
01 Apr 2014, 12:57 pm #4

(01 Apr 2014, 6:11 am)danpick i know of 3 at washington

i know lots from Washington one of which is my Ex aunt

Chris

01 Apr 2014, 1:19 pm #5
(29 Mar 2014, 6:26 pm)gtom They said 'services which currently serve' the hospital. The Park & Ride isn't going to be extended and staff will return to the hospital car parks too

An intriguing thought. I can imagine the 67/69; 68 & 93/94 but I'd be genuinely amazed if the likes of the 56 or X1 called in.
Chris
01 Apr 2014, 1:19 pm #5

(29 Mar 2014, 6:26 pm)gtom They said 'services which currently serve' the hospital. The Park & Ride isn't going to be extended and staff will return to the hospital car parks too

An intriguing thought. I can imagine the 67/69; 68 & 93/94 but I'd be genuinely amazed if the likes of the 56 or X1 called in.

01 Apr 2014, 1:45 pm #6
Much prefer the optare solos on the quaylink, on one now, seem suited to it more than the versas. Probabley more justified with the loadings the Q2 gets as well.
Arcticrossy92
01 Apr 2014, 1:45 pm #6

Much prefer the optare solos on the quaylink, on one now, seem suited to it more than the versas. Probabley more justified with the loadings the Q2 gets as well.

G-CPTN

01 Apr 2014, 2:11 pm #7
Wasn't the logic for the choice of vehicles for the GNE Quayside service that they were 'greener' than the turbine-electric buses that they replaced?

Does this still apply - or has that maxim been lost over time?

Bosses at Go North East, which won a five-year contract to run the service connecting central Newcastle and Gateshead with the quaysides, say the new buses will be greener than the old electric ones.
From:- http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nort...ll-1418301

Transport chiefs hope to use the old buses on another route in Newcastle or Gateshead.

[Image: original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1]
Edited 01 Apr 2014, 2:21 pm by G-CPTN.
G-CPTN
01 Apr 2014, 2:11 pm #7

Wasn't the logic for the choice of vehicles for the GNE Quayside service that they were 'greener' than the turbine-electric buses that they replaced?

Does this still apply - or has that maxim been lost over time?

Bosses at Go North East, which won a five-year contract to run the service connecting central Newcastle and Gateshead with the quaysides, say the new buses will be greener than the old electric ones.

Transport chiefs hope to use the old buses on another route in Newcastle or Gateshead.

[Image: original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1]

Andreos1

01 Apr 2014, 2:21 pm #8
(01 Apr 2014, 1:19 pm)Chris An intriguing thought. I can imagine the 67/69; 68 & 93/94 but I'd be genuinely amazed if the likes of the 56 or X1 called in.

The stops on Old Durham Road are called QE Hosp stand 'whatever', with the ones on Queen Elizabeth Avenue, called QE Hosp stand 'whatever'.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
01 Apr 2014, 2:21 pm #8

(01 Apr 2014, 1:19 pm)Chris An intriguing thought. I can imagine the 67/69; 68 & 93/94 but I'd be genuinely amazed if the likes of the 56 or X1 called in.

The stops on Old Durham Road are called QE Hosp stand 'whatever', with the ones on Queen Elizabeth Avenue, called QE Hosp stand 'whatever'.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Malarkey

01 Apr 2014, 2:29 pm #9
I got on the Q1 at Central Station Yesterday to Gateshead and I was the only Passenger for that whole Journey, From personal experience as do tend to use the Q1/Q2 a lot as I like a walk the Quayside on rare occasions, Neither service to me really Justify the usage of a Optare Versa and nor do they Justify an Every 10 Minute Frequency/Every 5 Minutes Combined at connecting Parts of the Route.

I would say that Reducing the Frequency to 30 Minutes would most certainly Justify the usage of a Optare Versa, Perhaps GNE should take a look at my Q3 Suggestion from Last Year, in an Attempt to Increase Patronage on both Services, Atleast do something with the Services to help aid an improvement, I would also agree that using say a Optare Solo SR would be more Justifiable on the Current Frequency of the Q1/Q2.

Also in regards to the Q1 the only time that gets Busy is at Peak Times i.e. when people are Finishing Work on the Quayside, and Students are Finishing for the Day at Gateshead College, Even those Passengers aren't Fare Paying Passengers, Again Passengers outside Gateshead College have the Option of Using the 93/94 to/from Gateshead Interchange Every 15 Minutes, And I would say 10 Buses an Hour on that small Section of Route isn't even Justifiable either.
Malarkey
01 Apr 2014, 2:29 pm #9

I got on the Q1 at Central Station Yesterday to Gateshead and I was the only Passenger for that whole Journey, From personal experience as do tend to use the Q1/Q2 a lot as I like a walk the Quayside on rare occasions, Neither service to me really Justify the usage of a Optare Versa and nor do they Justify an Every 10 Minute Frequency/Every 5 Minutes Combined at connecting Parts of the Route.

I would say that Reducing the Frequency to 30 Minutes would most certainly Justify the usage of a Optare Versa, Perhaps GNE should take a look at my Q3 Suggestion from Last Year, in an Attempt to Increase Patronage on both Services, Atleast do something with the Services to help aid an improvement, I would also agree that using say a Optare Solo SR would be more Justifiable on the Current Frequency of the Q1/Q2.

Also in regards to the Q1 the only time that gets Busy is at Peak Times i.e. when people are Finishing Work on the Quayside, and Students are Finishing for the Day at Gateshead College, Even those Passengers aren't Fare Paying Passengers, Again Passengers outside Gateshead College have the Option of Using the 93/94 to/from Gateshead Interchange Every 15 Minutes, And I would say 10 Buses an Hour on that small Section of Route isn't even Justifiable either.

Tom

01 Apr 2014, 2:32 pm #10
(01 Apr 2014, 2:29 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I got on the Q1 at Central Station Yesterday to Gateshead and I was the only Passenger for that whole Journey, From personal experience as do tend to use the Q1/Q2 a lot as I like a walk the Quayside on rare occasions, Neither service to me really Justify the usage of a Optare Versa and nor do they Justify an Every 10 Minute Frequency/Every 5 Minutes Combined at connecting Parts of the Route.

Reducing the service to 30 minutes is a silly idea. Both services can get busy at times.
Tom
01 Apr 2014, 2:32 pm #10

(01 Apr 2014, 2:29 pm)NEBCD Malarkey I got on the Q1 at Central Station Yesterday to Gateshead and I was the only Passenger for that whole Journey, From personal experience as do tend to use the Q1/Q2 a lot as I like a walk the Quayside on rare occasions, Neither service to me really Justify the usage of a Optare Versa and nor do they Justify an Every 10 Minute Frequency/Every 5 Minutes Combined at connecting Parts of the Route.

Reducing the service to 30 minutes is a silly idea. Both services can get busy at times.

G-CPTN

01 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm #11
Quaylink:-
the nine new Optare Versa buses with EEV Euro 5 engines were due drive out on the route today.
Transport chiefs say the buses will have extra seats to cater for growing passenger numbers
G-CPTN
01 Apr 2014, 2:46 pm #11

Quaylink:-

the nine new Optare Versa buses with EEV Euro 5 engines were due drive out on the route today.
Transport chiefs say the buses will have extra seats to cater for growing passenger numbers

01 Apr 2014, 2:59 pm #12
I personally dont use the Q1, just the Q2, my journey back there, i think it was around 14:15 from haymarket was a solo, nearly every seat was taken.

Only time ive seen a versa even 3/4 full on the Q2 is in the morning going towards haymarket

I think smaller buses would be a good idea, I understand they want to keep it green, why not use the ones similar to the buses on the Sunderland Connect.

How many are there actually for the Quaylink, and the PVR compared to that

Been a few occasions when ive got on a Orbit versa, or Nexus Solo.
Arcticrossy92
01 Apr 2014, 2:59 pm #12

I personally dont use the Q1, just the Q2, my journey back there, i think it was around 14:15 from haymarket was a solo, nearly every seat was taken.

Only time ive seen a versa even 3/4 full on the Q2 is in the morning going towards haymarket

I think smaller buses would be a good idea, I understand they want to keep it green, why not use the ones similar to the buses on the Sunderland Connect.

How many are there actually for the Quaylink, and the PVR compared to that

Been a few occasions when ive got on a Orbit versa, or Nexus Solo.

S813 FVK

01 Apr 2014, 3:12 pm #13
An unknown trident is now VOR at Stanley due to a RTA at Iveston whilst working Scholars service 822 to Lanchester St Bedes.

I doubt it was the fog that caused the accident as a car spun out and crashed into the front of the bus. All emergency services were called out and the incident was cleared. I think this is to trigger a series of odd workings whilst it is out getting repaired (the bus used runs out onto the X30/X31).
S813 FVK
01 Apr 2014, 3:12 pm #13

An unknown trident is now VOR at Stanley due to a RTA at Iveston whilst working Scholars service 822 to Lanchester St Bedes.

I doubt it was the fog that caused the accident as a car spun out and crashed into the front of the bus. All emergency services were called out and the incident was cleared. I think this is to trigger a series of odd workings whilst it is out getting repaired (the bus used runs out onto the X30/X31).

GuyParkRoyal

01 Apr 2014, 3:21 pm #14
(31 Mar 2014, 8:52 pm)Tom Is it a temporary service?

Yes it will be a temporary service for the duration of the roadworks scheme which should run into several weeks.
This is not a road diversion or closure scheme it is a long excavation with traffic lights. The works will delay buses so GNE are looking at re-routing 27 & 88 to avoid the works hence the need for a shuttle covering Finchale Road.
GuyParkRoyal
01 Apr 2014, 3:21 pm #14

(31 Mar 2014, 8:52 pm)Tom Is it a temporary service?

Yes it will be a temporary service for the duration of the roadworks scheme which should run into several weeks.
This is not a road diversion or closure scheme it is a long excavation with traffic lights. The works will delay buses so GNE are looking at re-routing 27 & 88 to avoid the works hence the need for a shuttle covering Finchale Road.

GuyParkRoyal

01 Apr 2014, 3:28 pm #15
(31 Mar 2014, 8:41 pm)Dan As the shuttle bus doesn't appear to have been organised BY Go North East and instead by a local community group in Hebburn working with Go North East, I'd have assumed that this shuttle bus would be free to use.

As originally posted by Liam:
https://m.facebook.com/hebburnandmidtyne...2259534753

How far in advance do VOSA registrations have to be submitted? Think it is around 50 days, isn't it? If so, they'll have to be submitting that registration fairly promptly if it is going to be taking fares.

The application will need to be with VOSA 56 days before starting the service using the standard (rather than short) notice period. That would take us to 21st April that being Easter I would expect it to go in a few days early.
I assume they will also need to notice VOSA on the change to the route of the 27 / 88.
Edited 01 Apr 2014, 3:29 pm by GuyParkRoyal.
GuyParkRoyal
01 Apr 2014, 3:28 pm #15

(31 Mar 2014, 8:41 pm)Dan As the shuttle bus doesn't appear to have been organised BY Go North East and instead by a local community group in Hebburn working with Go North East, I'd have assumed that this shuttle bus would be free to use.

As originally posted by Liam:
https://m.facebook.com/hebburnandmidtyne...2259534753

How far in advance do VOSA registrations have to be submitted? Think it is around 50 days, isn't it? If so, they'll have to be submitting that registration fairly promptly if it is going to be taking fares.

The application will need to be with VOSA 56 days before starting the service using the standard (rather than short) notice period. That would take us to 21st April that being Easter I would expect it to go in a few days early.
I assume they will also need to notice VOSA on the change to the route of the 27 / 88.

gtom

Banned

01 Apr 2014, 4:32 pm #16
The Q's get busy at peak commute especially with the ability to use the Metrosavers on them. They also get busy around college hours and the weekends.

When I worked on the Quayside I used to walk along to beside La Tasca to ensure I got a seat.

I have been on many that have been empty when leaving Gateshead, picked up a fair load at the Baltic and been empty by the time we got out of Grey Street and into Haymarker
gtom
01 Apr 2014, 4:32 pm #16

The Q's get busy at peak commute especially with the ability to use the Metrosavers on them. They also get busy around college hours and the weekends.

When I worked on the Quayside I used to walk along to beside La Tasca to ensure I got a seat.

I have been on many that have been empty when leaving Gateshead, picked up a fair load at the Baltic and been empty by the time we got out of Grey Street and into Haymarker

01 Apr 2014, 4:44 pm #17
(31 Mar 2014, 7:24 pm)nk55 Well I've noticed the driver we get on a Monday we also get on a Wednesday and the driver we get on a Tuesday also does it on a Thursday, is that a coincidence?

Sounds like the 4 day rota, do u ever get a woman driver?
[/quote]

Yes, called Claire
R852 PRG
01 Apr 2014, 4:44 pm #17

(31 Mar 2014, 7:24 pm)nk55 Well I've noticed the driver we get on a Monday we also get on a Wednesday and the driver we get on a Tuesday also does it on a Thursday, is that a coincidence?

Sounds like the 4 day rota, do u ever get a woman driver?
[/quote]

Yes, called Claire

Jimmi

01 Apr 2014, 4:46 pm #18
Today on VOSA.

PB0002400/291 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Newcastle New Bridge Street given service number 56 effective from 28-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/294 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Interchange and DurhamBus Station given service number 20/20A/RM1/X20 effective from 28-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/307 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Parkside Heathway given service number 60 effective from 28-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/383 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Washington, Galleries Bus Station given service number 2A/2C effective from 28-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/422 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between peterlee Bus Station and Rainton Bridge NPower given service number 923 effective from 28-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/522 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: DURHAM RAILWAY STATION
Finish Point: CHESTER-LE-STREET, EMIRATES INTERNATIONAL CRICKET GROUND
Via:
Service Number: 500
Service Type: Limited Stop
Effective Date: 25-MAY-2014
Other Details: To run on Sunday 25th May 2014 only

PB0002400/523 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted
Starting Point: LAMBTON PARK
Via:
Service Number: 501
Other Details: TO RUN ON SUNDAY 25TH MAY 2014 ONLY

PB0003954/386 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Sunderland Park Lane Interchange given service number 78/78A/X78 effective from 28-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.
Jimmi
01 Apr 2014, 4:46 pm #18

Today on VOSA.

PB0002400/291 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Newcastle New Bridge Street given service number 56 effective from 28-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/294 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Interchange and DurhamBus Station given service number 20/20A/RM1/X20 effective from 28-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/307 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland Park Lane Interchange and Parkside Heathway given service number 60 effective from 28-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/383 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between Sunderland, Park Lane Interchange and Washington, Galleries Bus Station given service number 2A/2C effective from 28-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/422 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Variation Accepted: Operating between peterlee Bus Station and Rainton Bridge NPower given service number 923 effective from 28-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PB0002400/522 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Via:

PB0002400/523 - GO NORTHERN LTD T/A GO NORTH EAST, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA

Registration Accepted
Via:

Variation Accepted: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Sunderland Park Lane Interchange given service number 78/78A/X78 effective from 28-May-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

01 Apr 2014, 4:50 pm #19
(01 Apr 2014, 4:46 pm)Jimmi Today on VOSA.

Via:

Registration Accepted
Via:

If those cricket services are only on the Sunday then I don't think Chester will borrow from Stanley or Deptford because most of the spares will be off.
R852 PRG
01 Apr 2014, 4:50 pm #19

(01 Apr 2014, 4:46 pm)Jimmi Today on VOSA.

Via:

Registration Accepted
Via:

If those cricket services are only on the Sunday then I don't think Chester will borrow from Stanley or Deptford because most of the spares will be off.

01 Apr 2014, 5:01 pm #20
Have any Volvo B9TL's suffered from any electrical faults lately? I was on 6105 this morning and just after Cobalt, the fire alarm system went off. The driver went to try and open amd close both fire exits but it was still going. However, the only other thing could be someome tampering with the red hammer knobs on the window. The bus was fine despite it making a noise and managed to get into Newcastle ok.
Davey Bowyer
01 Apr 2014, 5:01 pm #20

Have any Volvo B9TL's suffered from any electrical faults lately? I was on 6105 this morning and just after Cobalt, the fire alarm system went off. The driver went to try and open amd close both fire exits but it was still going. However, the only other thing could be someome tampering with the red hammer knobs on the window. The bus was fine despite it making a noise and managed to get into Newcastle ok.

Pages (40) 1 2 340 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average