Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (60) 1 2 360 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

01 Jul 2014, 5:23 am #1
(30 Jun 2014, 11:38 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Just spotted this Post on Facebook, and thought it would be of Interest, as the Post states that 9133 YJ62 FFB is Rumoured to be Returning to Go North East, Currently in use with Yorkshire Tiger on Service 747.
It was suggested on here months back (when it was actually trialled) that GNE could actually buy it from Go-Ahead Group at a cheaper price with it being ex-demo.

Would deliver a saving whilst adding an extra (newer) bus to the fleet, which is already in GNE spec.

Don't see it happening now if I'm honest, but hopefully I'll be proven wrong. It will be housed with other Versas coming to the fleet in this year's investment plan, should it return.
Dan
01 Jul 2014, 5:23 am #1

(30 Jun 2014, 11:38 pm)NEBCD Malarkey Just spotted this Post on Facebook, and thought it would be of Interest, as the Post states that 9133 YJ62 FFB is Rumoured to be Returning to Go North East, Currently in use with Yorkshire Tiger on Service 747.
It was suggested on here months back (when it was actually trialled) that GNE could actually buy it from Go-Ahead Group at a cheaper price with it being ex-demo.

Would deliver a saving whilst adding an extra (newer) bus to the fleet, which is already in GNE spec.

Don't see it happening now if I'm honest, but hopefully I'll be proven wrong. It will be housed with other Versas coming to the fleet in this year's investment plan, should it return.

S813 FVK

01 Jul 2014, 9:02 am #2
(01 Jul 2014, 5:23 am)Dan It was suggested on here months back (when it was actually trialled) that GNE could actually buy it from Go-Ahead Group at a cheaper price with it being ex-demo.

How does that work then? If Yorkshire Tiger is part of Arriva which is no part of the Go Ahead group then how did they manage to get hold of it as a demo?
S813 FVK
01 Jul 2014, 9:02 am #2

(01 Jul 2014, 5:23 am)Dan It was suggested on here months back (when it was actually trialled) that GNE could actually buy it from Go-Ahead Group at a cheaper price with it being ex-demo.

How does that work then? If Yorkshire Tiger is part of Arriva which is no part of the Go Ahead group then how did they manage to get hold of it as a demo?

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Jul 2014, 9:05 am #3
(01 Jul 2014, 9:02 am)Robert How does that work then? If Yorkshire Tiger is part of Arriva which is no part of the Go Ahead group then how did they manage to get hold of it as a demo?
I'm really not sure, unless Go-Ahead sold it back on to Optare (and in which case, it definitely won't be bought by GNE).

I certainly recall being told that it was originally purchased by Group for exclusive trials within Go-Ahead.
Dan
01 Jul 2014, 9:05 am #3

(01 Jul 2014, 9:02 am)Robert How does that work then? If Yorkshire Tiger is part of Arriva which is no part of the Go Ahead group then how did they manage to get hold of it as a demo?
I'm really not sure, unless Go-Ahead sold it back on to Optare (and in which case, it definitely won't be bought by GNE).

I certainly recall being told that it was originally purchased by Group for exclusive trials within Go-Ahead.

GuyParkRoyal

01 Jul 2014, 9:45 am #4
This bus (9133) was my transport from Leeds Bradford Airport to Yeadon on Sunday evening and the return yesterday morning. It has the fleet name "More" on the side of the bus and a sticker with Yorkshire Tiger details in the legal lettering space. A board with Yorkshire Tiger (flyer) livery is placed behind the front window. A nice change to get a Versa rather than the normal Tempo or Omnicity.
Edited 01 Jul 2014, 9:47 am by GuyParkRoyal.
GuyParkRoyal
01 Jul 2014, 9:45 am #4

This bus (9133) was my transport from Leeds Bradford Airport to Yeadon on Sunday evening and the return yesterday morning. It has the fleet name "More" on the side of the bus and a sticker with Yorkshire Tiger details in the legal lettering space. A board with Yorkshire Tiger (flyer) livery is placed behind the front window. A nice change to get a Versa rather than the normal Tempo or Omnicity.

G-CPTN

01 Jul 2014, 9:56 am #5
August 2013 - Plymouth Citybus (a subsidiary of the Go-Ahead Group):- https://www.flickr.com/photos/busesandco...632079566/
G-CPTN
01 Jul 2014, 9:56 am #5

August 2013 - Plymouth Citybus (a subsidiary of the Go-Ahead Group):- https://www.flickr.com/photos/busesandco...632079566/

Michael

01 Jul 2014, 10:44 am #6
So the silver arrow which im on has an annoying squelling/screeching noise everytime it pulls away, its just started, its currently passing Makro towards the galls.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jul 2014, 10:44 am #6

So the silver arrow which im on has an annoying squelling/screeching noise everytime it pulls away, its just started, its currently passing Makro towards the galls.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

01 Jul 2014, 10:52 am #7
(01 Jul 2014, 10:44 am)Michael So the silver arrow which im on has an annoying squelling/screeching noise everytime it pulls away, its just started, its currently passing Makro towards the galls.

I know what you mean, Olympians 3822, 3823 and 3828 are the same, its really annoying, especially when you're sitting at the back where the engine is.
S813 FVK
01 Jul 2014, 10:52 am #7

(01 Jul 2014, 10:44 am)Michael So the silver arrow which im on has an annoying squelling/screeching noise everytime it pulls away, its just started, its currently passing Makro towards the galls.

I know what you mean, Olympians 3822, 3823 and 3828 are the same, its really annoying, especially when you're sitting at the back where the engine is.

tyresmoke

01 Jul 2014, 11:05 am #8

Fan belts slipping I think?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
01 Jul 2014, 11:05 am #8

Fan belts slipping I think?

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

Michael

01 Jul 2014, 12:36 pm #9
(01 Jul 2014, 11:05 am)tyresmoke Fan belts slipping I think?

Could be, was sitting at the back and it was quite loud.

On 8253, on the M2, if it goes any faster i wont be able to hear,loud, ratterling alot Sad

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jul 2014, 12:36 pm #9

(01 Jul 2014, 11:05 am)tyresmoke Fan belts slipping I think?

Could be, was sitting at the back and it was quite loud.

On 8253, on the M2, if it goes any faster i wont be able to hear,loud, ratterling alot Sad

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Jimmi

01 Jul 2014, 12:57 pm #10
9131 is back out on its usual board.
Jimmi
01 Jul 2014, 12:57 pm #10

9131 is back out on its usual board.

Michael

01 Jul 2014, 1:00 pm #11
X36 at Heworth towards Sunderland, only has a few seats left

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jul 2014, 1:00 pm #11

X36 at Heworth towards Sunderland, only has a few seats left

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Jul 2014, 1:06 pm #12
(01 Jul 2014, 1:00 pm)Michael X36 at Heworth towards Sunderland, only has a few seats left

I watched an X35 and X36 depart Park Lane a week or two ago.
It wasn't peak times or anything, but both had standees.
Definitely a Merc-worthy service, when some become available, if you ask me. Just a shame that the repainting of all the Solars pretty much guarantees them on there until 2017 when the ones new in 2002 are due to be withdrawn.
Dan
01 Jul 2014, 1:06 pm #12

(01 Jul 2014, 1:00 pm)Michael X36 at Heworth towards Sunderland, only has a few seats left

I watched an X35 and X36 depart Park Lane a week or two ago.
Definitely a Merc-worthy service, when some become available, if you ask me. Just a shame that the repainting of all the Solars pretty much guarantees them on there until 2017 when the ones new in 2002 are due to be withdrawn.

Diamond One

Banned

01 Jul 2014, 1:12 pm #13
(01 Jul 2014, 1:06 pm)Dan I watched an X35 and X36 depart Park Lane a week or two ago.
I've just photographed a prince bishop on X35 I only just arrived at Park Lane and I also saw a Laser Scania on 61 passed me on a simplicity 61 bus gonna photo it when I return to park lane
Diamond One
01 Jul 2014, 1:12 pm #13

(01 Jul 2014, 1:06 pm)Dan I watched an X35 and X36 depart Park Lane a week or two ago.
I've just photographed a prince bishop on X35 I only just arrived at Park Lane and I also saw a Laser Scania on 61 passed me on a simplicity 61 bus gonna photo it when I return to park lane

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Jul 2014, 1:13 pm #14
(01 Jul 2014, 1:12 pm)Racer_Experience I've just photographed a prince bishop on X35 I only just arrived at Park Lane and I also saw a Laser Scania on 61 passed me on a simplicity 61 bus gonna photo it when I return to park lane
Don't tell me you missed the Crusader on the 10A/10B?!
Dan
01 Jul 2014, 1:13 pm #14

(01 Jul 2014, 1:12 pm)Racer_Experience I've just photographed a prince bishop on X35 I only just arrived at Park Lane and I also saw a Laser Scania on 61 passed me on a simplicity 61 bus gonna photo it when I return to park lane
Don't tell me you missed the Crusader on the 10A/10B?!

Michael

01 Jul 2014, 1:16 pm #15

Undecided shame but u never know, things can change.

Its still busy now and were at Downhill.

Edit - at sotthwick and 7 people is still on.

Edit:
Old people, is it all they do is moan?

She complained because the bus wasnt low enough, which was at the point where it couldnt go any lower...

Shes now complaining to the driver that its to hot on the bus and for him to drive with the doors open... which the driver replied 'we cant due to health and safety',she replied 'bollocks'

Now she is saying that his driving to fast and if she gets injured shes sueing...
Edited 01 Jul 2014, 1:27 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jul 2014, 1:16 pm #15

Undecided shame but u never know, things can change.

Edit:

She complained because the bus wasnt low enough, which was at the point where it couldnt go any lower...

Shes now complaining to the driver that its to hot on the bus and for him to drive with the doors open... which the driver replied 'we cant due to health and safety',she replied 'bollocks'

Now she is saying that his driving to fast and if she gets injured shes sueing...

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

01 Jul 2014, 1:58 pm #16
(01 Jul 2014, 9:45 am)GuyParkRoyal This bus (9133) was my transport from Leeds Bradford Airport to Yeadon on Sunday evening and the return yesterday morning. It has the fleet name "More" on the side of the bus and a sticker with Yorkshire Tiger details in the legal lettering space. A board with Yorkshire Tiger (flyer) livery is placed behind the front window. A nice change to get a Versa rather than the normal Tempo or Omnicity.

With reference to the "more" Fleetname, 9133 had previously been on trial with Wilts and Dorset, obviously the Fleetname hasn't been removed since moving onto Yorkshire Tiger.

What I find confusing in regards to 9133 is why is it still in use on Service 747, when that Service has just received Investment in the form of Optare Versas anyway.
Malarkey
01 Jul 2014, 1:58 pm #16

(01 Jul 2014, 9:45 am)GuyParkRoyal This bus (9133) was my transport from Leeds Bradford Airport to Yeadon on Sunday evening and the return yesterday morning. It has the fleet name "More" on the side of the bus and a sticker with Yorkshire Tiger details in the legal lettering space. A board with Yorkshire Tiger (flyer) livery is placed behind the front window. A nice change to get a Versa rather than the normal Tempo or Omnicity.

With reference to the "more" Fleetname, 9133 had previously been on trial with Wilts and Dorset, obviously the Fleetname hasn't been removed since moving onto Yorkshire Tiger.

What I find confusing in regards to 9133 is why is it still in use on Service 747, when that Service has just received Investment in the form of Optare Versas anyway.

01 Jul 2014, 2:52 pm #17
(01 Jul 2014, 10:52 am)Robert I know what you mean, Olympians 3822, 3823 and 3828 are the same, its really annoying, especially when you're sitting at the back where the engine is.

When they were at Chester, and on the X22s, I would get on 3885-89, and as we sped up Ropery Lane on the way to the Metrocentre - the noise of the engine!
R852 PRG
01 Jul 2014, 2:52 pm #17

(01 Jul 2014, 10:52 am)Robert I know what you mean, Olympians 3822, 3823 and 3828 are the same, its really annoying, especially when you're sitting at the back where the engine is.

When they were at Chester, and on the X22s, I would get on 3885-89, and as we sped up Ropery Lane on the way to the Metrocentre - the noise of the engine!

01 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm #18
(01 Jul 2014, 1:16 pm)Michael Undecided shame but u never know, things can change.

Edit:

I feel similar - on 4958 on Saturday I was getting off at Pelton Bridge coming around from Chester (love a long run on the 28s) and an old woman wanted to get on at the Aged Miner's Homes.

The driver stopped and opened the doors, and she told him the bus was out too far. He apologized and said there were some handrails for her to pull herself on with. She got on and asked if it was the 78 - Jesus, we were already about 5 minutes late due some tourists at Beamish. He said it was the 28, and she asked him if he could just run her into Chester. I rolled my eyes as he said he had to go to Newcastle and she asked why the 78 hadn't shown up. He said it was a Saturday morning and it was probably very busy. She then got back off the bus and looked back if the 78 was there. Driver naturally assumed that she was getting off, and so he closed the doors. She suddenly turned back and hit the doors with her walking stick and shouted at him 'Erm, excuse me!'. He then opened the doors once more and she asked him very firmly, 'where is the 78?!' in a nasty tone of voice.

Goodness me, took us 3 minutes to depart the stop, and believe it or not the 78, which was also late, drove straight past - you should have seen her face! Wink
Edited 01 Jul 2014, 3:00 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
01 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm #18

(01 Jul 2014, 1:16 pm)Michael Undecided shame but u never know, things can change.

Edit:

I feel similar - on 4958 on Saturday I was getting off at Pelton Bridge coming around from Chester (love a long run on the 28s) and an old woman wanted to get on at the Aged Miner's Homes.

The driver stopped and opened the doors, and she told him the bus was out too far. He apologized and said there were some handrails for her to pull herself on with. She got on and asked if it was the 78 - Jesus, we were already about 5 minutes late due some tourists at Beamish. He said it was the 28, and she asked him if he could just run her into Chester. I rolled my eyes as he said he had to go to Newcastle and she asked why the 78 hadn't shown up. He said it was a Saturday morning and it was probably very busy. She then got back off the bus and looked back if the 78 was there. Driver naturally assumed that she was getting off, and so he closed the doors. She suddenly turned back and hit the doors with her walking stick and shouted at him 'Erm, excuse me!'. He then opened the doors once more and she asked him very firmly, 'where is the 78?!' in a nasty tone of voice.

Goodness me, took us 3 minutes to depart the stop, and believe it or not the 78, which was also late, drove straight past - you should have seen her face! Wink

GuyParkRoyal

01 Jul 2014, 3:00 pm #19
(01 Jul 2014, 1:58 pm)NEBCD Malarkey With reference to the "more" Fleetname, 9133 had previously been on trial with Wilts and Dorset, obviously the Fleetname hasn't been removed since moving onto Yorkshire Tiger.

The new Versa's appear to be allocated to the 757 Leeds City to Leeds Bradford Airport so I guess the allocation of ex 9133 to the 747 must be an evaluation for that route. I had a look at one of the new Versa's on Sunday afternoon and they are very tidy with WiFi, USB, power sockets, wood effect floor,leather style seats, luggage racks and space for skis. They look quite smart with their new flying tiger livery.
Edited 01 Jul 2014, 3:02 pm by GuyParkRoyal.
GuyParkRoyal
01 Jul 2014, 3:00 pm #19

(01 Jul 2014, 1:58 pm)NEBCD Malarkey With reference to the "more" Fleetname, 9133 had previously been on trial with Wilts and Dorset, obviously the Fleetname hasn't been removed since moving onto Yorkshire Tiger.

The new Versa's appear to be allocated to the 757 Leeds City to Leeds Bradford Airport so I guess the allocation of ex 9133 to the 747 must be an evaluation for that route. I had a look at one of the new Versa's on Sunday afternoon and they are very tidy with WiFi, USB, power sockets, wood effect floor,leather style seats, luggage racks and space for skis. They look quite smart with their new flying tiger livery.

Michael

01 Jul 2014, 3:16 pm #20
(01 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm)Marcus I feel similar - on 4958 on Saturday I was getting off at Pelton Bridge coming around from Chester (love a long run on the 28s) and an old woman wanted to get on at the Aged Miner's Homes.

Her attitude stunk, the driver couldnt do nothing more for her to get on and off the bus.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 Jul 2014, 3:16 pm #20

(01 Jul 2014, 2:59 pm)Marcus I feel similar - on 4958 on Saturday I was getting off at Pelton Bridge coming around from Chester (love a long run on the 28s) and an old woman wanted to get on at the Aged Miner's Homes.

Her attitude stunk, the driver couldnt do nothing more for her to get on and off the bus.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (60) 1 2 360 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average