Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (55) Previous 151 52 5355 Next
L469 YVK

28 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm #1,021
(28 Apr 2015, 3:07 pm)Dan The Volvo B9TLs aren't brand new, remember, they're dealer stock. Most dealer stock vehicles are painted white and it's then the responsibility of the bus operator who buys them to paint them.

The other two have already been painted red and are currently in storage around the side whilst being prepared for service. White destinations fully set up - just the little square at the back (like older B9s in the fleet), rather than the full size rear.

As long as the bus is clean and reliable for the route served, that is what matters most. I'd rather take a B9 over a B5TL or Streetdeck anyday.

And infact, I've grown to like E400s bar the 57 reg batch at Ashington and with the exception of the TTX, the only reason why 'Cummins' breakdown for is either due to poor maintenance or wrong setup (putting economy before power). GNE do neither wrong and would look after them well. I remember one person in the days of Arriva bod when 7501 - 7506 (2 1/2 year old at the time) were at Blyth and he mentioned that the engine bay was a disgrace on them and this was when they were only tiddling up and down the Coast Road at the time.
L469 YVK
28 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm #1,021

(28 Apr 2015, 3:07 pm)Dan The Volvo B9TLs aren't brand new, remember, they're dealer stock. Most dealer stock vehicles are painted white and it's then the responsibility of the bus operator who buys them to paint them.

The other two have already been painted red and are currently in storage around the side whilst being prepared for service. White destinations fully set up - just the little square at the back (like older B9s in the fleet), rather than the full size rear.

As long as the bus is clean and reliable for the route served, that is what matters most. I'd rather take a B9 over a B5TL or Streetdeck anyday.

And infact, I've grown to like E400s bar the 57 reg batch at Ashington and with the exception of the TTX, the only reason why 'Cummins' breakdown for is either due to poor maintenance or wrong setup (putting economy before power). GNE do neither wrong and would look after them well. I remember one person in the days of Arriva bod when 7501 - 7506 (2 1/2 year old at the time) were at Blyth and he mentioned that the engine bay was a disgrace on them and this was when they were only tiddling up and down the Coast Road at the time.

citaro5284

28 Apr 2015, 3:56 pm #1,022
6104 is at GKN, think this is the first to get its flywheel sorted
citaro5284
28 Apr 2015, 3:56 pm #1,022

6104 is at GKN, think this is the first to get its flywheel sorted

Adrian

28 Apr 2015, 4:06 pm #1,023
(27 Apr 2015, 8:02 pm)leestransportphotos It might just be me that thinks this but:

I feel Go North East have improved the general appearance of the inside of buses recently. Old posters/info are being removed etc (Apart from some of Washington's Presidents which still have 'Angel' plastered all over them). They look a lot less tatty but if any bus was to be improved inside it should be Chester's Solars
I'd agree with this. Even some of the oldest vehicles (such as B10s) seem to have had old ads stripped, and had all the glue residue removed. A quick job that improves presentation.

Washington seem to have an issue in general with not maintaining what I'll refer to as 'internal content'. One of the MPDs I used at the weekend still had a notice up behind the cab from 5 month ago.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
28 Apr 2015, 4:06 pm #1,023

(27 Apr 2015, 8:02 pm)leestransportphotos It might just be me that thinks this but:

I feel Go North East have improved the general appearance of the inside of buses recently. Old posters/info are being removed etc (Apart from some of Washington's Presidents which still have 'Angel' plastered all over them). They look a lot less tatty but if any bus was to be improved inside it should be Chester's Solars
I'd agree with this. Even some of the oldest vehicles (such as B10s) seem to have had old ads stripped, and had all the glue residue removed. A quick job that improves presentation.

Washington seem to have an issue in general with not maintaining what I'll refer to as 'internal content'. One of the MPDs I used at the weekend still had a notice up behind the cab from 5 month ago.

MurdnunoC

28 Apr 2015, 4:48 pm #1,024
(28 Apr 2015, 4:06 pm)aureolin I'd agree with this. Even some of the oldest vehicles (such as B10s) seem to have had old ads stripped, and had all the glue residue removed. A quick job that improves presentation.

I notice quite a few of the corporate-liveried vehicles have received a paint job as of late. They look almost new whenever I pass them.
MurdnunoC
28 Apr 2015, 4:48 pm #1,024

(28 Apr 2015, 4:06 pm)aureolin I'd agree with this. Even some of the oldest vehicles (such as B10s) seem to have had old ads stripped, and had all the glue residue removed. A quick job that improves presentation.

I notice quite a few of the corporate-liveried vehicles have received a paint job as of late. They look almost new whenever I pass them.

Adrian

28 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm #1,025
(28 Apr 2015, 4:48 pm)MurdnunoC I notice quite a few of the corporate-liveried vehicles have received a paint job as of late. They look almost new whenever I pass them.

Aye, tis the repaint programme to drop the 'Northern' brand. The red looks a bit brighter actually, and it certainly looks good on the Presidents.

Adrian
28 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm #1,025

(28 Apr 2015, 4:48 pm)MurdnunoC I notice quite a few of the corporate-liveried vehicles have received a paint job as of late. They look almost new whenever I pass them.

Aye, tis the repaint programme to drop the 'Northern' brand. The red looks a bit brighter actually, and it certainly looks good on the Presidents.

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Apr 2015, 5:04 pm #1,026
(28 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm)aureolin Aye, tis the repaint programme to drop the 'Northern' brand. The red looks a bit brighter actually, and it certainly looks good on the Presidents.

The interiors are being tidied up somewhat while they are at Saltmeadows for repaint. The vehicles which go to Saltmeadows for repaint are now completely stripped of any interior branding, and the new standard dark blue vinyls are applied (No Smoking, Disabled Bay, etc). I believe the seats are also checked so that if there are any worn seats, the moquette is replaced. In the past, any branding on the cove panels was typically removed but the old interior branding for general notices was retained.
Dan
28 Apr 2015, 5:04 pm #1,026

(28 Apr 2015, 4:51 pm)aureolin Aye, tis the repaint programme to drop the 'Northern' brand. The red looks a bit brighter actually, and it certainly looks good on the Presidents.

The interiors are being tidied up somewhat while they are at Saltmeadows for repaint. The vehicles which go to Saltmeadows for repaint are now completely stripped of any interior branding, and the new standard dark blue vinyls are applied (No Smoking, Disabled Bay, etc). I believe the seats are also checked so that if there are any worn seats, the moquette is replaced. In the past, any branding on the cove panels was typically removed but the old interior branding for general notices was retained.

Adrian

28 Apr 2015, 5:08 pm #1,027
(28 Apr 2015, 5:04 pm)Dan The interiors are being tidied up somewhat while they are at Saltmeadows for repaint. The vehicles which go to Saltmeadows for repaint are now completely stripped of any interior branding, and the new standard dark blue vinyls are applied (No Smoking, Disabled Bay, etc). I believe the seats are also checked so that if there are any worn seats, the moquette is replaced. In the past, any branding on the cove panels was typically removed but the old interior branding for general notices was retained.

Just a shame that people insist on picking away at stickers.  Undecided

Adrian
28 Apr 2015, 5:08 pm #1,027

(28 Apr 2015, 5:04 pm)Dan The interiors are being tidied up somewhat while they are at Saltmeadows for repaint. The vehicles which go to Saltmeadows for repaint are now completely stripped of any interior branding, and the new standard dark blue vinyls are applied (No Smoking, Disabled Bay, etc). I believe the seats are also checked so that if there are any worn seats, the moquette is replaced. In the past, any branding on the cove panels was typically removed but the old interior branding for general notices was retained.

Just a shame that people insist on picking away at stickers.  Undecided

28 Apr 2015, 5:13 pm #1,028
(27 Apr 2015, 6:46 pm)pdiddy Red for Stanley ????

6123 GX03SUH, 6124 GX03SUU, 6128 GX03SVC all inside the main building this afternoon. Two sanded down and the other being painted.
cobalt309
28 Apr 2015, 5:13 pm #1,028

(27 Apr 2015, 6:46 pm)pdiddy Red for Stanley ????

6123 GX03SUH, 6124 GX03SUU, 6128 GX03SVC all inside the main building this afternoon. Two sanded down and the other being painted.

mb134

28 Apr 2015, 5:18 pm #1,029
(28 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm)DaveyBowyer As long as the bus is clean and reliable for the route served, that is what matters most. I'd rather take a B9 over a B5TL or Streetdeck anyday.

You feeling alright?? Wink 

Must agree though, although I don't find 7511/2/3 that bad (might be because I spend less time on these, and they don't turn up 10 minutes late in the morning on my route!!). 

Something I would say, with regard to your last point, is that could this be something to do with the depot, rather than vehicles, majority of the Blyth Gemini's I got in the holidays were awful, gutless lumps of metal??
mb134
28 Apr 2015, 5:18 pm #1,029

(28 Apr 2015, 3:55 pm)DaveyBowyer As long as the bus is clean and reliable for the route served, that is what matters most. I'd rather take a B9 over a B5TL or Streetdeck anyday.

You feeling alright?? Wink 

Must agree though, although I don't find 7511/2/3 that bad (might be because I spend less time on these, and they don't turn up 10 minutes late in the morning on my route!!). 

Something I would say, with regard to your last point, is that could this be something to do with the depot, rather than vehicles, majority of the Blyth Gemini's I got in the holidays were awful, gutless lumps of metal??

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm #1,030
(28 Apr 2015, 5:13 pm)cobalt309 6123 GX03SUH, 6124 GX03SUU, 6128 GX03SVC all inside the main building this afternoon. Two sanded down and the other being painted.

I believe the other former Brighton & Hove Scania N94UD/East Lancs Omnidekka can be identified as 6125 (GX03 SUV), previously numbered 609.
Dan
28 Apr 2015, 5:39 pm #1,030

(28 Apr 2015, 5:13 pm)cobalt309 6123 GX03SUH, 6124 GX03SUU, 6128 GX03SVC all inside the main building this afternoon. Two sanded down and the other being painted.

I believe the other former Brighton & Hove Scania N94UD/East Lancs Omnidekka can be identified as 6125 (GX03 SUV), previously numbered 609.

28 Apr 2015, 11:36 pm #1,031

I thought it was quite unusual that at least one of the new Streetlites has had the red/yellow/blue interior stickers applied, rather than the dark blue as you mentioned.
palatine3833
28 Apr 2015, 11:36 pm #1,031

I thought it was quite unusual that at least one of the new Streetlites has had the red/yellow/blue interior stickers applied, rather than the dark blue as you mentioned.

29 Apr 2015, 12:19 am #1,032
Driving past GNE Saltmeadows maintenance facility I spotted several new buses including 3 of the 4 Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Geminis destined for the 47. As you can see, one has been repainted into red and registered BG15RNJ. Photo was taken through the closed gates.

.jpg
20150428_192938.jpg
Size 3.51 MB / Downloads 81

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
29 Apr 2015, 12:19 am #1,032

Driving past GNE Saltmeadows maintenance facility I spotted several new buses including 3 of the 4 Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Geminis destined for the 47. As you can see, one has been repainted into red and registered BG15RNJ. Photo was taken through the closed gates.

.jpg
20150428_192938.jpg
Size 3.51 MB / Downloads 81

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Michael

29 Apr 2015, 12:25 am #1,033
(29 Apr 2015, 12:19 am)GMitchelhill Driving past GNE Saltmeadows maintenance facility I spotted several new buses including 3 of the 4 Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Geminis destined for the 47. As you can see, one has been repainted into red and registered BG15RNJ. Photo was taken through the closed gates.

Good photo Big Grin

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Apr 2015, 12:25 am #1,033

(29 Apr 2015, 12:19 am)GMitchelhill Driving past GNE Saltmeadows maintenance facility I spotted several new buses including 3 of the 4 Volvo B9TL / Wright Eclipse Geminis destined for the 47. As you can see, one has been repainted into red and registered BG15RNJ. Photo was taken through the closed gates.

Good photo Big Grin

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

29 Apr 2015, 12:29 am #1,034
Just to add, the Scania Omnidekkas would be perfect for the X21. I have several photos of the batch that is heading North on service 12 which runs from Brighton to Eastbourne. For those that don't know the route, it has a variety of challenging stretches like long climbs (especially out of Eastbourne towards Brighton). Twisty roads. And even sections of fast running (particularly on the approach to Brighton.).

Also since we are getting 21 of them. A rough guess would be that we are getting (using B&H fleetnumbers) - 601-616 / 619-623.

If you are wondering why there is a gap, it's because 617/618 are convertable open toppers (unless GNE plan to launch a open top service this year).

Rapidsnap
29 Apr 2015, 12:29 am #1,034

Just to add, the Scania Omnidekkas would be perfect for the X21. I have several photos of the batch that is heading North on service 12 which runs from Brighton to Eastbourne. For those that don't know the route, it has a variety of challenging stretches like long climbs (especially out of Eastbourne towards Brighton). Twisty roads. And even sections of fast running (particularly on the approach to Brighton.).

Also since we are getting 21 of them. A rough guess would be that we are getting (using B&H fleetnumbers) - 601-616 / 619-623.

If you are wondering why there is a gap, it's because 617/618 are convertable open toppers (unless GNE plan to launch a open top service this year).

LeeCalder

29 Apr 2015, 6:19 am #1,035
Just a little request- if anyone is planning on going to the Coast and Country launch, I'm after a few of the branded 'goodies' so if anyone could get me some I'd be very grateful

Thanks
LeeCalder
29 Apr 2015, 6:19 am #1,035

Just a little request- if anyone is planning on going to the Coast and Country launch, I'm after a few of the branded 'goodies' so if anyone could get me some I'd be very grateful

Thanks

Michael

29 Apr 2015, 9:24 am #1,036
(29 Apr 2015, 12:29 am)GMitchelhill Just to add, the Scania Omnidekkas would be perfect for the X21. I have several photos of the batch that is heading North on service 12 which runs from Brighton to Eastbourne. For those that don't know the route, it has a variety of challenging stretches like long climbs (especially out of Eastbourne towards Brighton). Twisty roads. And even sections of fast running (particularly on the approach to Brighton.).

I agree, the Omnidekker's would suite the X21, i also suggest that Tongue 

I don't think the number of how many we are getting has being confirmed yet?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Apr 2015, 9:24 am #1,036

(29 Apr 2015, 12:29 am)GMitchelhill Just to add, the Scania Omnidekkas would be perfect for the X21. I have several photos of the batch that is heading North on service 12 which runs from Brighton to Eastbourne. For those that don't know the route, it has a variety of challenging stretches like long climbs (especially out of Eastbourne towards Brighton). Twisty roads. And even sections of fast running (particularly on the approach to Brighton.).

I agree, the Omnidekker's would suite the X21, i also suggest that Tongue 

I don't think the number of how many we are getting has being confirmed yet?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Davie

Banned

29 Apr 2015, 12:37 pm #1,037
(29 Apr 2015, 6:19 am)leestransportphotos Just a little request- if anyone is planning on going to the Coast and Country launch, I'm after a few of the branded 'goodies' so if anyone could get me some I'd be very grateful

Thanks

I will.
Davie
29 Apr 2015, 12:37 pm #1,037

(29 Apr 2015, 6:19 am)leestransportphotos Just a little request- if anyone is planning on going to the Coast and Country launch, I'm after a few of the branded 'goodies' so if anyone could get me some I'd be very grateful

Thanks

I will.

LeeCalder

29 Apr 2015, 1:30 pm #1,038
Cheers Davie
LeeCalder
29 Apr 2015, 1:30 pm #1,038

Cheers Davie

Michael

29 Apr 2015, 2:13 pm #1,039
Any pictures of the Omnidekker's at Saltmeadows?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
29 Apr 2015, 2:13 pm #1,039

Any pictures of the Omnidekker's at Saltmeadows?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

S813 FVK

29 Apr 2015, 4:14 pm #1,040
Something needs doing with the reliability of some of these lolynes at Stanley. The 2 breakdowns in the last 2 weeks have both been lolynes. Please bring on the omnidekkas providing some are for Stanley.
S813 FVK
29 Apr 2015, 4:14 pm #1,040

Something needs doing with the reliability of some of these lolynes at Stanley. The 2 breakdowns in the last 2 weeks have both been lolynes. Please bring on the omnidekkas providing some are for Stanley.

Pages (55) Previous 151 52 5355 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average