Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2015

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (66): Previous 1 2 366 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

01 Jul 2015, 9:09 pm #21
(01 Jul 2015, 9:06 pm)S813 FVK 4855 at Saltmeadows - still yet to be collected:

[Image: 18712680663_7fdd48d25f.jpg]Go North East 4855 'Lime' Volvo B10BLE Wright Renown withdrawn at Saltmeadows depot by Lee Robert Calder, on Flickr

Note its blue interior seats have been retained for another vehicle and have been replaced with the older style.

Looks to me like the seats have been freshly re-trimmed in the old seat moquette...

The actual seats have been retained - hence the blue interior colourscheme.
Dan
01 Jul 2015, 9:09 pm #21

(01 Jul 2015, 9:06 pm)S813 FVK 4855 at Saltmeadows - still yet to be collected:

[Image: 18712680663_7fdd48d25f.jpg]Go North East 4855 'Lime' Volvo B10BLE Wright Renown withdrawn at Saltmeadows depot by Lee Robert Calder, on Flickr

Note its blue interior seats have been retained for another vehicle and have been replaced with the older style.

Looks to me like the seats have been freshly re-trimmed in the old seat moquette...

01 Jul 2015, 9:11 pm #22
(01 Jul 2015, 9:09 pm)Dan Looks to me like the seats have been freshly re-trimmed in the old seat moquette...

I think that was asked for specifically, as 4855 is due to be repainted into the old ''Easy Access'' Red, Blue and Yellow livery; with the graffiti style seating to complete the interior. Smile
Edited 01 Jul 2015, 9:12 pm by R852 PRG.
R852 PRG
01 Jul 2015, 9:11 pm #22

(01 Jul 2015, 9:09 pm)Dan Looks to me like the seats have been freshly re-trimmed in the old seat moquette...

I think that was asked for specifically, as 4855 is due to be repainted into the old ''Easy Access'' Red, Blue and Yellow livery; with the graffiti style seating to complete the interior. Smile

LeeCalder

01 Jul 2015, 9:23 pm #23
(01 Jul 2015, 9:06 pm)S813 FVK 4855 at Saltmeadows - still yet to be collected:

[Image: 18712680663_7fdd48d25f.jpg]Go North East 4855 'Lime' Volvo B10BLE Wright Renown withdrawn at Saltmeadows depot by Lee  Robert Calder, on Flickr

What an excellent photo! I wonder who took it? Wink

The 'graffiti' seats looked brand new when I seen it. I was actually quite annoyed that they had parked it there as I trudged all the way up to the back of Saltmeadows for a photo of the Plaxton Concept but I couldn't get one.
LeeCalder
01 Jul 2015, 9:23 pm #23

(01 Jul 2015, 9:06 pm)S813 FVK 4855 at Saltmeadows - still yet to be collected:

[Image: 18712680663_7fdd48d25f.jpg]Go North East 4855 'Lime' Volvo B10BLE Wright Renown withdrawn at Saltmeadows depot by Lee  Robert Calder, on Flickr

What an excellent photo! I wonder who took it? Wink

The 'graffiti' seats looked brand new when I seen it. I was actually quite annoyed that they had parked it there as I trudged all the way up to the back of Saltmeadows for a photo of the Plaxton Concept but I couldn't get one.

S813 FVK

01 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm #24
(01 Jul 2015, 9:11 pm)R852 PRG I think that was asked for specifically, as 4855 is due to be repainted into the old ''Easy Access'' Red, Blue and Yellow livery; with the graffiti style seating to complete the interior. Smile

Not the first moquette it had though: https://flic.kr/p/odKwr5

Dont know how easy that moquette would be to find thesedays.
S813 FVK
01 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm #24

(01 Jul 2015, 9:11 pm)R852 PRG I think that was asked for specifically, as 4855 is due to be repainted into the old ''Easy Access'' Red, Blue and Yellow livery; with the graffiti style seating to complete the interior. Smile

Not the first moquette it had though: https://flic.kr/p/odKwr5

01 Jul 2015, 9:30 pm #25
Why did GNE withdraw the Plaxton Concept, as it wasnt really that old.?
thetravelman
01 Jul 2015, 9:30 pm #25

Why did GNE withdraw the Plaxton Concept, as it wasnt really that old.?

Diamond One

Banned

01 Jul 2015, 9:31 pm #26
(01 Jul 2015, 9:30 pm)thetravelman Why did GNE withdraw the Plaxton Concept, as it wasnt really that old.?

It kept on breaking down and I only got to ride it once shame it's gone that means that Henry Cooper bus is unique now in its own mind
Diamond One
01 Jul 2015, 9:31 pm #26

(01 Jul 2015, 9:30 pm)thetravelman Why did GNE withdraw the Plaxton Concept, as it wasnt really that old.?

It kept on breaking down and I only got to ride it once shame it's gone that means that Henry Cooper bus is unique now in its own mind

01 Jul 2015, 9:34 pm #27
(01 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm)S813 FVK Not the first moquette it had though: https://flic.kr/p/odKwr5

Hmm... Looks familiar... Perhaps they could grab them out of 3813's benches and put the fabric on that type of seating. Wink
R852 PRG
01 Jul 2015, 9:34 pm #27

(01 Jul 2015, 9:28 pm)S813 FVK Not the first moquette it had though: https://flic.kr/p/odKwr5

Hmm... Looks familiar... Perhaps they could grab them out of 3813's benches and put the fabric on that type of seating. Wink

01 Jul 2015, 9:38 pm #28
Yes.. Another qusstion.... I think its probably already been discussed somewhere.. 
Do drivers have a set number of routes they drive or do they drive any route which their depot operates?
I can imagine large depots like Riverside,  drivers may only drive a set number of routes, however small depots like Hexham drivers may drive all routes the depot operates.
thetravelman
01 Jul 2015, 9:38 pm #28

Yes.. Another qusstion.... I think its probably already been discussed somewhere.. 
Do drivers have a set number of routes they drive or do they drive any route which their depot operates?
I can imagine large depots like Riverside,  drivers may only drive a set number of routes, however small depots like Hexham drivers may drive all routes the depot operates.

Diamond One

Banned

01 Jul 2015, 10:35 pm #29
(01 Jul 2015, 9:38 pm)thetravelman Yes.. Another qusstion.... I think its probably already been discussed somewhere.. 

some drivers are given some rotas to do one day they could do 52 32 27 5 Q1 another day it might be 47 10 11 97 57 49
Diamond One
01 Jul 2015, 10:35 pm #29

(01 Jul 2015, 9:38 pm)thetravelman Yes.. Another qusstion.... I think its probably already been discussed somewhere.. 

some drivers are given some rotas to do one day they could do 52 32 27 5 Q1 another day it might be 47 10 11 97 57 49

LeeCalder

01 Jul 2015, 10:53 pm #30
(01 Jul 2015, 10:35 pm)Diamond One some drivers are given some rotas to do one day they could do 52 32 27 5 Q1 another day it might be 47 10 11 97 57 49

They will only do routes they know though Bazza. For example, if they knew the 47 route off by heard but didn't know the 31 they would do the 47.
LeeCalder
01 Jul 2015, 10:53 pm #30

(01 Jul 2015, 10:35 pm)Diamond One some drivers are given some rotas to do one day they could do 52 32 27 5 Q1 another day it might be 47 10 11 97 57 49

They will only do routes they know though Bazza. For example, if they knew the 47 route off by heard but didn't know the 31 they would do the 47.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Jul 2015, 5:07 am #31
The rotas were amalgamated at most (if not all) locations a few months ago, with just a few exclusions, meaning that pretty much every driver will do pretty much every service. The drivers underwent a period of route familiarisation prior to the amalgamation occurring; if I recall correctly, nk55 and citaro5284 posted about it on here at the time.

The exclusions will be along the lines of your EU work (X9/X10), scholars, etc. Think the X66 may still be separate from when it was a dedicated articulated vehicle driver rota. Since the Streetlites entered service, I think there are opportunities available for overtime on the service for any driver, though I am not certain on this.
Dan
02 Jul 2015, 5:07 am #31

The rotas were amalgamated at most (if not all) locations a few months ago, with just a few exclusions, meaning that pretty much every driver will do pretty much every service. The drivers underwent a period of route familiarisation prior to the amalgamation occurring; if I recall correctly, nk55 and citaro5284 posted about it on here at the time.

The exclusions will be along the lines of your EU work (X9/X10), scholars, etc. Think the X66 may still be separate from when it was a dedicated articulated vehicle driver rota. Since the Streetlites entered service, I think there are opportunities available for overtime on the service for any driver, though I am not certain on this.

citaro5284

02 Jul 2015, 5:09 am #32
(02 Jul 2015, 5:07 am)Dan The rotas were amalgamated at most (if not all) locations a few months ago, with just a few exclusions, meaning that pretty much every driver will do pretty much every service. The drivers underwent a period of route familiarisation prior to the amalgamation occurring; if I recall correctly, nk55 and citaro5284 posted about it on here at the time.

Another exclusion at Riverside is that the ex Winlaton routes are kept separate from the ex Sunderland Road routes.
citaro5284
02 Jul 2015, 5:09 am #32

(02 Jul 2015, 5:07 am)Dan The rotas were amalgamated at most (if not all) locations a few months ago, with just a few exclusions, meaning that pretty much every driver will do pretty much every service. The drivers underwent a period of route familiarisation prior to the amalgamation occurring; if I recall correctly, nk55 and citaro5284 posted about it on here at the time.

Another exclusion at Riverside is that the ex Winlaton routes are kept separate from the ex Sunderland Road routes.

02 Jul 2015, 8:03 am #33

(02 Jul 2015, 5:09 am)citaro5284 Another exclusion at Riverside is that the ex Winlaton routes are kept separate from the ex Sunderland Road routes.

Thanks, I just wondered how it worked.

I'm sure going back a good few years when the TEN service was introduced, the advertising said that these services were operated by Gold drivers or something to that effect?? Giving the impression that certain flagship routes like TEN had a certain number of select drivers, and not just any driver would be operating it.

Another Question: (Sorry Angel )

Do all drivers drive both Single and Double Decker buses ..... does this vary, or is there a progression that a driver goes thru ?

Do New recruit drivers (newly qualified) start on single decker's and/or just certain routes, again using my example above...
would a New driver be put on a route like the TEN service driving a Double Decker or is there a progression he would go thru first?

Cheers!
thetravelman
02 Jul 2015, 8:03 am #33

(02 Jul 2015, 5:09 am)citaro5284 Another exclusion at Riverside is that the ex Winlaton routes are kept separate from the ex Sunderland Road routes.

Thanks, I just wondered how it worked.

I'm sure going back a good few years when the TEN service was introduced, the advertising said that these services were operated by Gold drivers or something to that effect?? Giving the impression that certain flagship routes like TEN had a certain number of select drivers, and not just any driver would be operating it.

Do all drivers drive both Single and Double Decker buses ..... does this vary, or is there a progression that a driver goes thru ?

Do New recruit drivers (newly qualified) start on single decker's and/or just certain routes, again using my example above...
would a New driver be put on a route like the TEN service driving a Double Decker or is there a progression he would go thru first?

Cheers!

02 Jul 2015, 9:13 am #34
Sorry Folk another question I've been meaning to ask.. Angel

Bus Drivers again.......  What is a Lead/Leading Driver ? and what do they do different to a normal driver?

Is this just a GNE term for a Supervisor and more senior driver (Senior as in experience Not as in Senior Citizen..lol Big Grin )

Cheers
thetravelman
02 Jul 2015, 9:13 am #34

Sorry Folk another question I've been meaning to ask.. Angel

Bus Drivers again.......  What is a Lead/Leading Driver ? and what do they do different to a normal driver?

Is this just a GNE term for a Supervisor and more senior driver (Senior as in experience Not as in Senior Citizen..lol Big Grin )

Cheers

Diamond One

Banned

02 Jul 2015, 10:19 am #35
Worth noting 5238 is finally out today left Newcastle on the last 11
Diamond One
02 Jul 2015, 10:19 am #35

Worth noting 5238 is finally out today left Newcastle on the last 11

eezypeazy

02 Jul 2015, 10:45 am #36
(02 Jul 2015, 9:13 am)thetravelman Sorry Folk another question I've been meaning to ask.. Angel

Cheers

Leading Drivers usually sort out minor operational issues. A small depot might have one, larger depots might have more. For example, In a medium-sized depot, one or two Leading Drivers might start the early shift shortly before the first driver is due to clock in; in the event that a driver phones in sick or doesn't appear, s/he'll take appropriate action to arrange cover (eg, might phone someone who is on a rest day and offer them an overtime shift, or might cover the missing driver's first trip himself, etc). During a day, they help to sort out other issues (eg., an incoming bus is running late, so Leading Driver instructs the next driver to take out a spare bus - if it's the 'wrong brand' as a result, arranges for a subsequent change-over later in the day).

So it's that sort of thing, really. Some companies include things such as radio checks, etc.
eezypeazy
02 Jul 2015, 10:45 am #36

(02 Jul 2015, 9:13 am)thetravelman Sorry Folk another question I've been meaning to ask.. Angel

Cheers

Leading Drivers usually sort out minor operational issues. A small depot might have one, larger depots might have more. For example, In a medium-sized depot, one or two Leading Drivers might start the early shift shortly before the first driver is due to clock in; in the event that a driver phones in sick or doesn't appear, s/he'll take appropriate action to arrange cover (eg, might phone someone who is on a rest day and offer them an overtime shift, or might cover the missing driver's first trip himself, etc). During a day, they help to sort out other issues (eg., an incoming bus is running late, so Leading Driver instructs the next driver to take out a spare bus - if it's the 'wrong brand' as a result, arranges for a subsequent change-over later in the day).

So it's that sort of thing, really. Some companies include things such as radio checks, etc.

Chris

02 Jul 2015, 11:24 am #37

Interesting!  Don't know why, but for some reason the rotas fascinate me.

I thought at Riverside it was roughly a MetroCentre/Gateshead split? As in MetroCentre based drivers do 10s, 11, 31, 32 & 47 and Gateshead based drivers do the former Sunderland Road routes plus the 49s (excluding X66 & EU).

Out of curiosity, with the upcoming Quaylink & Orbit changes; will the revised Quaylink be part of the 'Low Cost' (for want of a better term) unit or main depot?
Chris
02 Jul 2015, 11:24 am #37

Interesting!  Don't know why, but for some reason the rotas fascinate me.

I thought at Riverside it was roughly a MetroCentre/Gateshead split? As in MetroCentre based drivers do 10s, 11, 31, 32 & 47 and Gateshead based drivers do the former Sunderland Road routes plus the 49s (excluding X66 & EU).

Out of curiosity, with the upcoming Quaylink & Orbit changes; will the revised Quaylink be part of the 'Low Cost' (for want of a better term) unit or main depot?

L469 YVK

02 Jul 2015, 12:21 pm #38
Do you think that GNE will split the TTX to something like this:

- X9 = Peterlee Bus Station for Newcastle
- X10 = Peterlee Slip Road for Newcastle
- Evening X10 = Peterlee Bus Station for Newcastle
L469 YVK
02 Jul 2015, 12:21 pm #38

Do you think that GNE will split the TTX to something like this:

- X9 = Peterlee Bus Station for Newcastle
- X10 = Peterlee Slip Road for Newcastle
- Evening X10 = Peterlee Bus Station for Newcastle

S813 FVK

02 Jul 2015, 3:07 pm #39
3814 broke down while operating service 823 to Sleepy Valley. It was replaced by 6122.
S813 FVK
02 Jul 2015, 3:07 pm #39

3814 broke down while operating service 823 to Sleepy Valley. It was replaced by 6122.

02 Jul 2015, 5:30 pm #40
(02 Jul 2015, 8:03 am)thetravelman Thanks, I just wondered how it worked.

Cheers!

I know this doesn't really answer your question but I usually notice in Consett that the 'Venture' Optare Solos are typically driven by younger drivers who I rarely (or never) see on other services, so perhaps there is some correlation between age (or progression) and a driver's 'status'.
Sidthebusbabe
02 Jul 2015, 5:30 pm #40

(02 Jul 2015, 8:03 am)thetravelman Thanks, I just wondered how it worked.

Cheers!

I know this doesn't really answer your question but I usually notice in Consett that the 'Venture' Optare Solos are typically driven by younger drivers who I rarely (or never) see on other services, so perhaps there is some correlation between age (or progression) and a driver's 'status'.

Pages (66): Previous 1 2 366 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average