Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events NELSAM Trams and Transport Day 2015 - Washington

NELSAM Trams and Transport Day 2015 - Washington

NELSAM Trams and Transport Day 2015 - Washington

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adrian

06 Jul 2015, 6:28 pm #1
North East Land, Sea and Air Museums (NELSAM) - 2015 Trams and Transport Day.
http://www.nelsam.org.uk/Events/Events.htm

Sunday 9th August 2015
@ NELSAM. Old Washington Road, Sunderland.

More details to follow...

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
06 Jul 2015, 6:28 pm #1

North East Land, Sea and Air Museums (NELSAM) - 2015 Trams and Transport Day.
http://www.nelsam.org.uk/Events/Events.htm

Sunday 9th August 2015
@ NELSAM. Old Washington Road, Sunderland.

More details to follow...

MurdnunoC

09 Aug 2015, 7:06 am #2
Anybody going to this today?
MurdnunoC
09 Aug 2015, 7:06 am #2

Anybody going to this today?

BusLoverMum

09 Aug 2015, 9:41 am #3
(09 Aug 2015, 7:06 am)MurdnunoC Anybody going to this today?

We were going to but in the absence of any sort of online excitement about it, we've done cided to make the slightly longer drive to shildon, instead.
BusLoverMum
09 Aug 2015, 9:41 am #3

We were going to but in the absence of any sort of online excitement about it, we've done cided to make the slightly longer drive to shildon, instead.

Adrian

09 Aug 2015, 1:15 pm #4

I didn't bother. The Northern Nationals weren't going to be there, and there seemed to be no other discussion around it on line, so I thought I'd give it a miss! 

I'd have probably went to Shildon though, in the event that I was provided with a sensible bus service on a Sunday.

Adrian
09 Aug 2015, 1:15 pm #4

I didn't bother. The Northern Nationals weren't going to be there, and there seemed to be no other discussion around it on line, so I thought I'd give it a miss! 

I'd have probably went to Shildon though, in the event that I was provided with a sensible bus service on a Sunday.

Jimmi

09 Aug 2015, 1:19 pm #5
(09 Aug 2015, 1:15 pm)aureolin I didn't bother. The Northern Nationals weren't going to be there, and there seemed to be no other discussion around it on line, so I thought I'd give it a miss! 

Hey I went to Shildon and I don't have a sensible bus service, one driver seemed to do the 5 route instead of the 5A route through Shildon and the bus I got home was 10 minutes late - shock!
Jimmi
09 Aug 2015, 1:19 pm #5

(09 Aug 2015, 1:15 pm)aureolin I didn't bother. The Northern Nationals weren't going to be there, and there seemed to be no other discussion around it on line, so I thought I'd give it a miss! 

Hey I went to Shildon and I don't have a sensible bus service, one driver seemed to do the 5 route instead of the 5A route through Shildon and the bus I got home was 10 minutes late - shock!

BusLoverMum

09 Aug 2015, 2:00 pm #6

I wonder how many more people were put off by the lack of promotion.

We picked up a leaflet about it at Howlands and that's the most information we've seen. It's barely even mentioned on the NELSAM website. We couldn't even be sure that it was still going ahead and didn't want to risk trailing the boys out to something that had been cancelled (or was truly crap) and enduring the resulting meltdown - probably from my husband as well as big'un, as he's tired and grumpy enough already, today!.
BusLoverMum
09 Aug 2015, 2:00 pm #6

I wonder how many more people were put off by the lack of promotion.

We picked up a leaflet about it at Howlands and that's the most information we've seen. It's barely even mentioned on the NELSAM website. We couldn't even be sure that it was still going ahead and didn't want to risk trailing the boys out to something that had been cancelled (or was truly crap) and enduring the resulting meltdown - probably from my husband as well as big'un, as he's tired and grumpy enough already, today!.

Adrian

09 Aug 2015, 2:11 pm #7
(09 Aug 2015, 1:19 pm)Jimmi Hey I went to Shildon and I don't have a sensible bus service, one driver seemed to do the 5 route instead of the 5A route through Shildon and the bus I got home was 10 minutes late - shock!

That's you though. You go to far greater lengths than I do to attend these things! Tongue

Plus, I've better things to be doing with my Sundays. Such as posting crap on Internet forums. 

(09 Aug 2015, 2:00 pm)BusLoverMum I wonder how many more people were put off by the lack of promotion.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; North East rallies tend to be very poorly promoted. A lot of it comes down to that it's been at 'x', on date 'y', since the year 'z'. We supported the promotion of such events by creating the events forum, and placing it at a prominent position on the forum index page. You can only lead a horse to water though.

If I had an idea of what was going to be at either event, then I'd have made more of an effort to attend, if there was something interesting about. Seems there was at Shildon!

Adrian
09 Aug 2015, 2:11 pm #7

(09 Aug 2015, 1:19 pm)Jimmi Hey I went to Shildon and I don't have a sensible bus service, one driver seemed to do the 5 route instead of the 5A route through Shildon and the bus I got home was 10 minutes late - shock!

That's you though. You go to far greater lengths than I do to attend these things! Tongue

Plus, I've better things to be doing with my Sundays. Such as posting crap on Internet forums. 

(09 Aug 2015, 2:00 pm)BusLoverMum I wonder how many more people were put off by the lack of promotion.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; North East rallies tend to be very poorly promoted. A lot of it comes down to that it's been at 'x', on date 'y', since the year 'z'. We supported the promotion of such events by creating the events forum, and placing it at a prominent position on the forum index page. You can only lead a horse to water though.

If I had an idea of what was going to be at either event, then I'd have made more of an effort to attend, if there was something interesting about. Seems there was at Shildon!

Jimmi

09 Aug 2015, 2:19 pm #8
(09 Aug 2015, 2:11 pm)aureolin That's you though. You go to far greater lengths than I do to attend these things!

Well, it would have been rude for me not to turn up given that I live not far away and is accessible by bus and train.

Wouldn't have gone to the NELSAM event had Shildon not been on today as well, as it isn't easy for me to get to especially with our so called "Premium" bus service only running hourly and would probably have to go all the way up to Sunderland then get a 56 down to there and not knowing what would be there for a journey as long as this would be would put me off greatly as I could turn up and find no buses there.
Jimmi
09 Aug 2015, 2:19 pm #8

(09 Aug 2015, 2:11 pm)aureolin That's you though. You go to far greater lengths than I do to attend these things!

Well, it would have been rude for me not to turn up given that I live not far away and is accessible by bus and train.

Wouldn't have gone to the NELSAM event had Shildon not been on today as well, as it isn't easy for me to get to especially with our so called "Premium" bus service only running hourly and would probably have to go all the way up to Sunderland then get a 56 down to there and not knowing what would be there for a journey as long as this would be would put me off greatly as I could turn up and find no buses there.

BusLoverMum

09 Aug 2015, 3:07 pm #9
(09 Aug 2015, 2:11 pm)aureolin That's you though. You go to far greater lengths than I do to attend these things! Tongue

Yep, the Shildon rally was well promoted by both Locomotion and the Aycliffe lot and Big'un had been wanting to go back there sometime, anyhow (it's a few years since we last went).

It was a nice venue for it, too, as we were able to have lunch at the picnic area and Little'un had a few goes on the massive slide - 2 goes going up each ladder, to be precise, because them's the rules Wink

I was half tempted to buy a model of the MPD that's been passing our house almost every Sunday for the past year or so and is doing it's last run on the 59, today, but it would inevitably have been given a new livery by someone at some point and I wasn't going to pay £9 for something that would end up ruined with sticky tape. We'll stick to cheap crap from Wilko for as long as he's in that habit.

I noticed someone started experimenting with the destination displays on the Max, just before we left Big Grin
BusLoverMum
09 Aug 2015, 3:07 pm #9

(09 Aug 2015, 2:11 pm)aureolin That's you though. You go to far greater lengths than I do to attend these things! Tongue

Yep, the Shildon rally was well promoted by both Locomotion and the Aycliffe lot and Big'un had been wanting to go back there sometime, anyhow (it's a few years since we last went).

It was a nice venue for it, too, as we were able to have lunch at the picnic area and Little'un had a few goes on the massive slide - 2 goes going up each ladder, to be precise, because them's the rules Wink

I was half tempted to buy a model of the MPD that's been passing our house almost every Sunday for the past year or so and is doing it's last run on the 59, today, but it would inevitably have been given a new livery by someone at some point and I wasn't going to pay £9 for something that would end up ruined with sticky tape. We'll stick to cheap crap from Wilko for as long as he's in that habit.

I noticed someone started experimenting with the destination displays on the Max, just before we left Big Grin

citaro5284

09 Aug 2015, 4:37 pm #10
(09 Aug 2015, 3:07 pm)BusLoverMum Yep, the Shildon rally was well promoted by both Locomotion and the Aycliffe lot and Big'un had been wanting to go back there sometime, anyhow (it's a few years since we last went).

I do think it is quite funny when people start playing around with them as it is something magical....when they are part of your job and like this week with Quaylinks a bloody nightmare, the last thing you want to see is a destination, DERIC or DG3
Edited 09 Aug 2015, 4:37 pm by citaro5284.
citaro5284
09 Aug 2015, 4:37 pm #10

(09 Aug 2015, 3:07 pm)BusLoverMum Yep, the Shildon rally was well promoted by both Locomotion and the Aycliffe lot and Big'un had been wanting to go back there sometime, anyhow (it's a few years since we last went).

I do think it is quite funny when people start playing around with them as it is something magical....when they are part of your job and like this week with Quaylinks a bloody nightmare, the last thing you want to see is a destination, DERIC or DG3

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Aug 2015, 4:39 pm #11
(09 Aug 2015, 4:37 pm)citaro5284 I do think it is quite funny when people start playing around with them as it is something magical....when they are part of your job and like this week with Quaylinks a bloody nightmare, the last thing you want to see is a destination, DERIC or DG3

..but there are times whereby it can be fun to have a play around with them too!

I was at Deptford Depot this afternoon (photos to follow), and I was trying out a few things while I had the chance... Tongue
Dan
09 Aug 2015, 4:39 pm #11

(09 Aug 2015, 4:37 pm)citaro5284 I do think it is quite funny when people start playing around with them as it is something magical....when they are part of your job and like this week with Quaylinks a bloody nightmare, the last thing you want to see is a destination, DERIC or DG3

..but there are times whereby it can be fun to have a play around with them too!

I was at Deptford Depot this afternoon (photos to follow), and I was trying out a few things while I had the chance... Tongue

BusLoverMum

09 Aug 2015, 4:42 pm #12
(09 Aug 2015, 4:39 pm)Dan ..but there are times whereby it can be fun to have a play around with them too!

Wondering if they have mutant camels hard coded into them like some of the motorway signs Angel
BusLoverMum
09 Aug 2015, 4:42 pm #12

(09 Aug 2015, 4:39 pm)Dan ..but there are times whereby it can be fun to have a play around with them too!

Wondering if they have mutant camels hard coded into them like some of the motorway signs Angel

citaro5284

09 Aug 2015, 4:42 pm #13

The novelty will wear off soon.....trust me!

You know what it has been like this week with the Next Stop on Quaylinks and the 03:30 start on Friday morning I had to do!
citaro5284
09 Aug 2015, 4:42 pm #13

The novelty will wear off soon.....trust me!

You know what it has been like this week with the Next Stop on Quaylinks and the 03:30 start on Friday morning I had to do!

S813 FVK

09 Aug 2015, 4:44 pm #14
(09 Aug 2015, 4:42 pm)citaro5284 You know what it has been like this week with the Next Stop on Quaylinks and the 03:30 start on Friday morning I had to do!

Haha! Poor you... Tongue
S813 FVK
09 Aug 2015, 4:44 pm #14

(09 Aug 2015, 4:42 pm)citaro5284 You know what it has been like this week with the Next Stop on Quaylinks and the 03:30 start on Friday morning I had to do!

Haha! Poor you... Tongue

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average