Menu

North East Buses The Bus Scene Elsewhere Bus Operators Pilkington's, Accrington

Pilkington's, Accrington

Pilkington's, Accrington

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

23 Jul 2015, 3:33 pm #1
Minding my own business on a quick trip to Accrington today, and taking some bus shots from public places, I noticed the driver of a Pilkington's Dart waiting at a stop get his phone out and clearly take a photograph of me. I moved to another position, still in his sight, and he appeared to really zoom in and take another photo of me. He then appeared to make a call on his phone. I didn't challenge him as I really can't do with the aggro, but I assume he was notifying colleagues about the 'anorak' in town. I wonder if anyone else has had this experience - not necessarily with Pilkingtons? Obviously we can hardly complain about people taking photos of us, but I know why I take photos of buses - what's his motivation? Huh
Andrew Stopford
23 Jul 2015, 3:33 pm #1

Minding my own business on a quick trip to Accrington today, and taking some bus shots from public places, I noticed the driver of a Pilkington's Dart waiting at a stop get his phone out and clearly take a photograph of me. I moved to another position, still in his sight, and he appeared to really zoom in and take another photo of me. He then appeared to make a call on his phone. I didn't challenge him as I really can't do with the aggro, but I assume he was notifying colleagues about the 'anorak' in town. I wonder if anyone else has had this experience - not necessarily with Pilkingtons? Obviously we can hardly complain about people taking photos of us, but I know why I take photos of buses - what's his motivation? Huh

Adrian

24 Jul 2015, 8:53 am #2
I've never had it personally, but he's within his rights to, as long as he's not harassing you. Taking a photo of you wouldn't been seen as harassment, unless it becomes a 'campaign' against you. I'd personally just let him get on with it.

We should be thankful for this though, as the same law means we're perfectly within in our rights to photograph buses.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
24 Jul 2015, 8:53 am #2

I've never had it personally, but he's within his rights to, as long as he's not harassing you. Taking a photo of you wouldn't been seen as harassment, unless it becomes a 'campaign' against you. I'd personally just let him get on with it.

We should be thankful for this though, as the same law means we're perfectly within in our rights to photograph buses.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

24 Jul 2015, 2:07 pm #3
Yes indeed.
Andrew Stopford
24 Jul 2015, 2:07 pm #3

Yes indeed.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average