Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2015

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (62) Previous 148 49 5062 Next
23 Aug 2015, 10:49 am #961
(23 Aug 2015, 10:46 am)NK53 TKT Is it a solar that runs as an unbranded vehicle o the 88/88a?

If you have any more questions regarding allocations, please have a look in the thread I directed you to last night; http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1479 It's a fantastic resource, that contains all of the allocations. Better than clogging up the Latest thread.
R852 PRG
23 Aug 2015, 10:49 am #961

(23 Aug 2015, 10:46 am)NK53 TKT Is it a solar that runs as an unbranded vehicle o the 88/88a?

If you have any more questions regarding allocations, please have a look in the thread I directed you to last night; http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1479 It's a fantastic resource, that contains all of the allocations. Better than clogging up the Latest thread.

Michael

23 Aug 2015, 10:52 am #962
(23 Aug 2015, 10:49 am)R852 PRG If you have any more questions regarding allocations, please have a look in the thread I directed you to last night; http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1479 It's a fantastic resource, that contains all of the allocations. Better than clogging up the Latest thread.

Some allocations hasn't being updated - so it may vary.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
23 Aug 2015, 10:52 am #962

(23 Aug 2015, 10:49 am)R852 PRG If you have any more questions regarding allocations, please have a look in the thread I directed you to last night; http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showth...p?tid=1479 It's a fantastic resource, that contains all of the allocations. Better than clogging up the Latest thread.

Some allocations hasn't being updated - so it may vary.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Malarkey

23 Aug 2015, 11:13 am #963
(22 Aug 2015, 9:13 am)Dan Fleet list is being updated more or less every other day so that it's bang up to date and Malarkey doesn't bother to check it before asking questions... Disgraceful, isn't it?
I checked just after I had posted the other day incase you hadnt updated the fleetlist, then Michael posted to confirm the Vehicle was indeed Blue.
Malarkey
23 Aug 2015, 11:13 am #963

(22 Aug 2015, 9:13 am)Dan Fleet list is being updated more or less every other day so that it's bang up to date and Malarkey doesn't bother to check it before asking questions... Disgraceful, isn't it?
I checked just after I had posted the other day incase you hadnt updated the fleetlist, then Michael posted to confirm the Vehicle was indeed Blue.

tyresmoke

23 Aug 2015, 11:32 am #964
(23 Aug 2015, 10:40 am)South Tyne Lad That confuses me as I could Imagine Stagecoach getting a few passengers from Newcastle Airport
the 74A already goes to Newcastle Airport

I've always wondered why nobody runs a competing service with the Metro from the Airport to Central Station, which could loop round hotels in the city centre too. The amount of through rail tickets is quite large, every time I've done Metro Replacements recently (2 weeks ago and the few times before that in February) there's been quite a few destinations including Middlesbrough, Durham and York.

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
23 Aug 2015, 11:32 am #964

(23 Aug 2015, 10:40 am)South Tyne Lad That confuses me as I could Imagine Stagecoach getting a few passengers from Newcastle Airport
the 74A already goes to Newcastle Airport

I've always wondered why nobody runs a competing service with the Metro from the Airport to Central Station, which could loop round hotels in the city centre too. The amount of through rail tickets is quite large, every time I've done Metro Replacements recently (2 weeks ago and the few times before that in February) there's been quite a few destinations including Middlesbrough, Durham and York.

Text'en

23 Aug 2015, 12:02 pm #965
(23 Aug 2015, 10:27 am)NK53 TKT Why does the 74 not just do 74A route between Cowgate and Ponteland?

The 74A from memory used to be a 75 when operated by Arriva. NCC at some point changed it to serve the airport and make it more reliable. Initially this saw a last journey at 23:00 to Matfen Monday to Saturday (and possibly Sunday too) but cut backs saw that reduce to Friday and Saturday only.

Northumberland County Council changed the route back to serve Callerton Bridge "By request of" Which I never understood as that's within Nexus control, and then later re-introduced the section of Eastern Way that was by-passed having reverted to the Westerhope section of route between Ponteland and Newcastle.

I've heard on the grapevine that there are more changes afoot and the late Friday/Saturday plus all Sunday/Bank Hols journeys will be cut at the end of October.
Text'en
23 Aug 2015, 12:02 pm #965

(23 Aug 2015, 10:27 am)NK53 TKT Why does the 74 not just do 74A route between Cowgate and Ponteland?

The 74A from memory used to be a 75 when operated by Arriva. NCC at some point changed it to serve the airport and make it more reliable. Initially this saw a last journey at 23:00 to Matfen Monday to Saturday (and possibly Sunday too) but cut backs saw that reduce to Friday and Saturday only.

Northumberland County Council changed the route back to serve Callerton Bridge "By request of" Which I never understood as that's within Nexus control, and then later re-introduced the section of Eastern Way that was by-passed having reverted to the Westerhope section of route between Ponteland and Newcastle.

I've heard on the grapevine that there are more changes afoot and the late Friday/Saturday plus all Sunday/Bank Hols journeys will be cut at the end of October.

23 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm #966
(23 Aug 2015, 12:02 pm)Text The 74A from memory used to be a 75 when operated by Arriva. NCC at some point changed it to serve the airport and make it more reliable. Initially this saw a last journey at 23:00 to Matfen Monday to Saturday (and possibly Sunday too) but cut backs saw that reduce to Friday and Saturday only.

I once travelled on the 75 but it broke to the point where it crawled into the petrol station just outside Darras Hall for fuel

Can palatines be made DDA compliant?
Edited 23 Aug 2015, 3:13 pm by NK53 TKT.
NK53 TKT
23 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm #966

(23 Aug 2015, 12:02 pm)Text The 74A from memory used to be a 75 when operated by Arriva. NCC at some point changed it to serve the airport and make it more reliable. Initially this saw a last journey at 23:00 to Matfen Monday to Saturday (and possibly Sunday too) but cut backs saw that reduce to Friday and Saturday only.

I once travelled on the 75 but it broke to the point where it crawled into the petrol station just outside Darras Hall for fuel

23 Aug 2015, 3:24 pm #967
(23 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm)NK53 TKT Can palatines be made DDA compliant?

Yes and no. Some more OmniDekkas are coming (apparently).
omnicity4659
23 Aug 2015, 3:24 pm #967

(23 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm)NK53 TKT Can palatines be made DDA compliant?

Yes and no. Some more OmniDekkas are coming (apparently).

Malarkey

23 Aug 2015, 3:40 pm #968
(23 Aug 2015, 3:24 pm)GX03 SVC Yes and no. Some more OmniDekkas are coming (apparently).

Please elaborate further on this in regards to the Palatine 2s, quite intrigued as to why you said Yes and No to them being made DDA Compliant.
Malarkey
23 Aug 2015, 3:40 pm #968

(23 Aug 2015, 3:24 pm)GX03 SVC Yes and no. Some more OmniDekkas are coming (apparently).

Please elaborate further on this in regards to the Palatine 2s, quite intrigued as to why you said Yes and No to them being made DDA Compliant.

23 Aug 2015, 3:55 pm #969
(23 Aug 2015, 3:40 pm)Malarkey Please elaborate further on this in regards to the Palatine 2s, quite intrigued as to why you said Yes and No to them being made DDA Compliant.

It probably will be possible to make them DDA-compliant, but it will cost a hell of a lot of money, lose loads of seats etc... so "yes".

Not like GNE would want to keep 3 Palatines anyway, the rest have already gone... hence, why I said "no".
omnicity4659
23 Aug 2015, 3:55 pm #969

(23 Aug 2015, 3:40 pm)Malarkey Please elaborate further on this in regards to the Palatine 2s, quite intrigued as to why you said Yes and No to them being made DDA Compliant.

It probably will be possible to make them DDA-compliant, but it will cost a hell of a lot of money, lose loads of seats etc... so "yes".

Not like GNE would want to keep 3 Palatines anyway, the rest have already gone... hence, why I said "no".

tyresmoke

23 Aug 2015, 3:58 pm #970
(23 Aug 2015, 3:55 pm)GX03 SVC It probably will be possible to make them DDA-compliant, but it will cost a hell of a lot of money, lose loads of seats etc... so "yes".

Yup it would take a lot of engineering and many pounds to do but I'd imagine it would be possible.
Economically viable...? Definitely not

tyresmoke
23 Aug 2015, 3:58 pm #970

(23 Aug 2015, 3:55 pm)GX03 SVC It probably will be possible to make them DDA-compliant, but it will cost a hell of a lot of money, lose loads of seats etc... so "yes".

Yup it would take a lot of engineering and many pounds to do but I'd imagine it would be possible.

Davie

Banned

23 Aug 2015, 4:20 pm #971
When me, Dan & Bazza were at Riverside it looked as if 5311 had been rebranded
Davie
23 Aug 2015, 4:20 pm #971

When me, Dan & Bazza were at Riverside it looked as if 5311 had been rebranded

Malarkey

23 Aug 2015, 4:31 pm #972
(23 Aug 2015, 3:58 pm)tyresmoke Yup it would take a lot of engineering and many pounds to do but I'd imagine it would be possible.

Would think if anything like that was to occur then the whole Vehicle would have to be stripped right down to the Chassis first to therefore convert it to Low Floor, before any further engineering work is undertaken.
Malarkey
23 Aug 2015, 4:31 pm #972

(23 Aug 2015, 3:58 pm)tyresmoke Yup it would take a lot of engineering and many pounds to do but I'd imagine it would be possible.

Would think if anything like that was to occur then the whole Vehicle would have to be stripped right down to the Chassis first to therefore convert it to Low Floor, before any further engineering work is undertaken.

23 Aug 2015, 5:46 pm #973
(23 Aug 2015, 10:34 am)South Tyne Lad On weekdays, Stagecoach's X78 service run every 30 minutes with extras provided in the form of the X77 which I believe does a slightly different route round Darras Hall to the X78 and the X79 serves Northumbria Polices headquarters at Kirkly Hall instead of Darras Hall 2x a day  so Stagecoach have the full market share.
Though on Sundays, there's only 1 X78 every 2 hours so it makes sense to run the same route on that day to run the same route and nick a few passengers from Stagecoach that would normally use Stagecoach on the Weekdays

The X78 runs hourly on Sundays
stagecoachbusdepot
23 Aug 2015, 5:46 pm #973

(23 Aug 2015, 10:34 am)South Tyne Lad On weekdays, Stagecoach's X78 service run every 30 minutes with extras provided in the form of the X77 which I believe does a slightly different route round Darras Hall to the X78 and the X79 serves Northumbria Polices headquarters at Kirkly Hall instead of Darras Hall 2x a day  so Stagecoach have the full market share.
Though on Sundays, there's only 1 X78 every 2 hours so it makes sense to run the same route on that day to run the same route and nick a few passengers from Stagecoach that would normally use Stagecoach on the Weekdays

The X78 runs hourly on Sundays

park5354

23 Aug 2015, 6:50 pm #974
(23 Aug 2015, 4:20 pm)Davie When me, Dan & Bazza were at Riverside it looked as if 5311 had been rebranded
It has been rebranded, but was without THE CRUSADER on front panel.
park5354
23 Aug 2015, 6:50 pm #974

(23 Aug 2015, 4:20 pm)Davie When me, Dan & Bazza were at Riverside it looked as if 5311 had been rebranded
It has been rebranded, but was without THE CRUSADER on front panel.

Diamond One

Banned

23 Aug 2015, 8:46 pm #975
(22 Aug 2015, 7:07 pm)park5354 5316 & another have recieved New Crusader branding, both in Riverside at teatime today.
look nice face to face unable to photo due to tight spots surrounding Riverside
PVR for 88/88A is 9 which is 8 Versas and 1 Solar however the Solar is the spare bus for that route when the half 9 run from Hebburn everytime there is a Solar parked up outside of ASDA ready to do the South Shields run throughout the day
(23 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm)NK53 TKT I once travelled on the 75 but it broke to the point where it crawled into the petrol station just outside Darras Hall for fuel

unfortunately no due to being high floor within the fleet if they were to convert them a whole new bus body would be needed and bus would have to be rebuilt and this would cost the company too much money to do it would cost them a bomb and then refurbishing it to low floor which would be dam expensive
Diamond One
23 Aug 2015, 8:46 pm #975

(22 Aug 2015, 7:07 pm)park5354 5316 & another have recieved New Crusader branding, both in Riverside at teatime today.
look nice face to face unable to photo due to tight spots surrounding Riverside
PVR for 88/88A is 9 which is 8 Versas and 1 Solar however the Solar is the spare bus for that route when the half 9 run from Hebburn everytime there is a Solar parked up outside of ASDA ready to do the South Shields run throughout the day
(23 Aug 2015, 3:12 pm)NK53 TKT I once travelled on the 75 but it broke to the point where it crawled into the petrol station just outside Darras Hall for fuel

unfortunately no due to being high floor within the fleet if they were to convert them a whole new bus body would be needed and bus would have to be rebuilt and this would cost the company too much money to do it would cost them a bomb and then refurbishing it to low floor which would be dam expensive

buss14

24 Aug 2015, 7:47 am #976
(23 Aug 2015, 8:46 pm)Diamond One look nice face to face unable to photo due to tight spots surrounding Riverside

i didnt think it was possible
buss14
24 Aug 2015, 7:47 am #976

(23 Aug 2015, 8:46 pm)Diamond One look nice face to face unable to photo due to tight spots surrounding Riverside

i didnt think it was possible

24 Aug 2015, 8:29 am #977

Thanks
NK53 TKT
24 Aug 2015, 8:29 am #977

Thanks

Diamond One

Banned

24 Aug 2015, 9:21 am #978
(24 Aug 2015, 7:47 am)buss14 i didnt think it was possible

They did something similar in the early 90s to a Northumbria Motor Services bus before Arriva took over it now I'm sure I seen it on Flickr somewhere
Diamond One
24 Aug 2015, 9:21 am #978

(24 Aug 2015, 7:47 am)buss14 i didnt think it was possible

They did something similar in the early 90s to a Northumbria Motor Services bus before Arriva took over it now I'm sure I seen it on Flickr somewhere

24 Aug 2015, 10:09 am #979
Actually it won't be as drastic as people have mentioned. Basically all it would need is a hinged door on the nearside complete with wheelchair lift / ramp. Although a pain to operate in normal service, it's handy for private hire.

Though saying that Airbus in London had Volvo Olympians fitted with wheelchair lifts at the front entrance and Northumbria Coaches also had a Optare MetroRider fitted with a lift.

Wheelchair lift can be seen here in this photo - https://www.flickr.com/photos/23137045@N...6wp-6uNFXp

Strathclyde conversion of an Atlantean - https://www.flickr.com/photos/fredbongo/...5Zp-nMWP8t

Strathclyde also had Volvo Citybuses fitted with lifts - https://www.flickr.com/photos/63093849@N...ijF-rQco6u

And finally here is said Optare MetroRider (which I have also travelled on this service) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/45726467@N...1mh-nS8fAB

So there you have it, proof that it can be done with out the drastic work.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
24 Aug 2015, 10:09 am #979

Actually it won't be as drastic as people have mentioned. Basically all it would need is a hinged door on the nearside complete with wheelchair lift / ramp. Although a pain to operate in normal service, it's handy for private hire.

Though saying that Airbus in London had Volvo Olympians fitted with wheelchair lifts at the front entrance and Northumbria Coaches also had a Optare MetroRider fitted with a lift.

Wheelchair lift can be seen here in this photo - https://www.flickr.com/photos/23137045@N...6wp-6uNFXp

Strathclyde conversion of an Atlantean - https://www.flickr.com/photos/fredbongo/...5Zp-nMWP8t

Strathclyde also had Volvo Citybuses fitted with lifts - https://www.flickr.com/photos/63093849@N...ijF-rQco6u

And finally here is said Optare MetroRider (which I have also travelled on this service) - https://www.flickr.com/photos/45726467@N...1mh-nS8fAB

So there you have it, proof that it can be done with out the drastic work.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Michael

24 Aug 2015, 10:40 am #980
Fleet News:

The remaining MPDs at Peterlee, 564, 565, 573 & 574, have been transferred to Deptford and 546 has been withdrawn from Deptford, together with Trident 3877 from Chester le Street.

Fleet changes show rest of the 52 reg MPD's are still in service at Deptford along with 5162 still at Peterlee, they also have 547 at Deptford to.
Edited 24 Aug 2015, 10:57 am by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
24 Aug 2015, 10:40 am #980

Fleet News:

The remaining MPDs at Peterlee, 564, 565, 573 & 574, have been transferred to Deptford and 546 has been withdrawn from Deptford, together with Trident 3877 from Chester le Street.

Fleet changes show rest of the 52 reg MPD's are still in service at Deptford along with 5162 still at Peterlee, they also have 547 at Deptford to.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Pages (62) Previous 148 49 5062 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average