Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2015

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (54) Previous 1 2 3 454 Next
Dan

Site Administrator

02 Sep 2015, 3:43 pm #41
(02 Sep 2015, 3:33 pm)DanPicken There's no need to be cocky... It was operated by GCT with the Gelards(?) Trident and the driver got lost a few times as Nexus gave him a route which was marked out wrong so I got off at the stop round the corner which is closer for me and don't blame me for Vosa making a mistake and my scholars has always changed the second week.

Not being cocky at all. Despite me telling you otherwise, you refused to believe that Go North East wouldn't be operating your scholars service this week and were adamant that Go North East had made a mistake.

You shouldn't assume (remember citaro5284's favourite saying Tongue  ), and you should listen to people in future, especially if they've gone out of their way to give you information. 'Tis polite, if nothing else.

(02 Sep 2015, 11:39 am)S813 FVK Rather glad that there is a new decker (3874) at Stanley for me to ride on. Gets boring having the same ones over and over again. Of course, when i say new, i don't mean that as i had ridden it before when it was based at Stanley before transferring out.

You won't be saying that when another Volvo Olympian bites the dust as a result of this transfer!  Angel

(02 Sep 2015, 12:48 pm)S813 FVK Wonder how long it had been up on the website Tongue

Less than two minutes... haha. Swear Michael has some sort of alert to make him aware that the content on that section of the website has been changed!
Dan
02 Sep 2015, 3:43 pm #41

(02 Sep 2015, 3:33 pm)DanPicken There's no need to be cocky... It was operated by GCT with the Gelards(?) Trident and the driver got lost a few times as Nexus gave him a route which was marked out wrong so I got off at the stop round the corner which is closer for me and don't blame me for Vosa making a mistake and my scholars has always changed the second week.

Not being cocky at all. Despite me telling you otherwise, you refused to believe that Go North East wouldn't be operating your scholars service this week and were adamant that Go North East had made a mistake.

You shouldn't assume (remember citaro5284's favourite saying Tongue  ), and you should listen to people in future, especially if they've gone out of their way to give you information. 'Tis polite, if nothing else.

(02 Sep 2015, 11:39 am)S813 FVK Rather glad that there is a new decker (3874) at Stanley for me to ride on. Gets boring having the same ones over and over again. Of course, when i say new, i don't mean that as i had ridden it before when it was based at Stanley before transferring out.

You won't be saying that when another Volvo Olympian bites the dust as a result of this transfer!  Angel

(02 Sep 2015, 12:48 pm)S813 FVK Wonder how long it had been up on the website Tongue

Less than two minutes... haha. Swear Michael has some sort of alert to make him aware that the content on that section of the website has been changed!

Michael

02 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm #42
(02 Sep 2015, 3:43 pm)Dan Less than two minutes... haha. Swear Michael has some sort of alert to make him aware that the content on that section of the website has been changed!

I swear i do, i seem to know when its being updated lmao!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm #42

(02 Sep 2015, 3:43 pm)Dan Less than two minutes... haha. Swear Michael has some sort of alert to make him aware that the content on that section of the website has been changed!

I swear i do, i seem to know when its being updated lmao!

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

DanPicken

Banned

02 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm #43
(02 Sep 2015, 3:43 pm)Dan Not being cocky at all. Despite me telling you otherwise, you refused to believe that Go North East wouldn't be operating your scholars service this week and were adamant that Go North East had made a mistake.

Its not my fault that Vosa were wrong.
DanPicken
02 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm #43

(02 Sep 2015, 3:43 pm)Dan Not being cocky at all. Despite me telling you otherwise, you refused to believe that Go North East wouldn't be operating your scholars service this week and were adamant that Go North East had made a mistake.

Its not my fault that Vosa were wrong.

DanPicken

Banned

02 Sep 2015, 3:50 pm #44
(02 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm)Michael I swear i do, i seem to know when its being updated lmao!

You must be telepathic.
DanPicken
02 Sep 2015, 3:50 pm #44

(02 Sep 2015, 3:48 pm)Michael I swear i do, i seem to know when its being updated lmao!

You must be telepathic.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Sep 2015, 3:53 pm #45
(02 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm)DanPicken Its not my fault that Vosa were wrong.

It would be interesting to determine who was actually wrong... VOSA registration details all come from the operator, rather than VOSA themselves.

Not sure how that side of the industry works if I'm honest - does this mean that Gateshead Central Taxis are currently operating a service which they're not legally allowed to operate (given that their VOSA registration commenced from next week), or does it just mean that they cannot issue fares on this service?
Dan
02 Sep 2015, 3:53 pm #45

(02 Sep 2015, 3:49 pm)DanPicken Its not my fault that Vosa were wrong.

It would be interesting to determine who was actually wrong... VOSA registration details all come from the operator, rather than VOSA themselves.

Not sure how that side of the industry works if I'm honest - does this mean that Gateshead Central Taxis are currently operating a service which they're not legally allowed to operate (given that their VOSA registration commenced from next week), or does it just mean that they cannot issue fares on this service?

DanPicken

Banned

02 Sep 2015, 3:55 pm #46
(02 Sep 2015, 3:53 pm)Dan It would be interesting to determine who was actually wrong... VOSA registration details all come from the operator, rather than VOSA themselves.

Not sure how that side of things work - does this mean that Gateshead Central Taxis are currently operating a service which they're not legally allowed to operate (given that their VOSA registration commenced from next week), or does it just mean that they cannot issue fares on this service?

Well they issued fares and it wouldn't surprise me that GCT are operating illegally.
DanPicken
02 Sep 2015, 3:55 pm #46

(02 Sep 2015, 3:53 pm)Dan It would be interesting to determine who was actually wrong... VOSA registration details all come from the operator, rather than VOSA themselves.

Not sure how that side of things work - does this mean that Gateshead Central Taxis are currently operating a service which they're not legally allowed to operate (given that their VOSA registration commenced from next week), or does it just mean that they cannot issue fares on this service?

Well they issued fares and it wouldn't surprise me that GCT are operating illegally.

S813 FVK

02 Sep 2015, 4:00 pm #47
(02 Sep 2015, 3:43 pm)Dan You won't be saying that when another Volvo Olympian bites the dust as a result of this transfer!  Angel

Hoping 3832 goes first, then 3830 followed by 3822 and 3831 (in that order) with 3814 going last. Really becoming quite fond of 3814 - maybe because of its uniqueness of it being the only FVK olympian in the fleet remaining in service.
S813 FVK
02 Sep 2015, 4:00 pm #47

(02 Sep 2015, 3:43 pm)Dan You won't be saying that when another Volvo Olympian bites the dust as a result of this transfer!  Angel

Hoping 3832 goes first, then 3830 followed by 3822 and 3831 (in that order) with 3814 going last. Really becoming quite fond of 3814 - maybe because of its uniqueness of it being the only FVK olympian in the fleet remaining in service.

02 Sep 2015, 4:01 pm #48
(02 Sep 2015, 4:00 pm)S813 FVK Hoping 3832 goes first, then 3830 followed by 3822 and 3831 (in that order) with 3814 going last. Really becoming quite fond of 3814 - maybe because of its uniqueness of it being the only FVK olympian in the fleet remaining in service.

Big Grin
R852 PRG
02 Sep 2015, 4:01 pm #48

(02 Sep 2015, 4:00 pm)S813 FVK Hoping 3832 goes first, then 3830 followed by 3822 and 3831 (in that order) with 3814 going last. Really becoming quite fond of 3814 - maybe because of its uniqueness of it being the only FVK olympian in the fleet remaining in service.

Big Grin

MurdnunoC

02 Sep 2015, 4:02 pm #49
(02 Sep 2015, 3:55 pm)DanPicken Well they issued fares and it wouldn't surprise me that GCT are operating illegally.

Do GCT knowingly opereate illegally? Seems like a bit of an allegation to make.
MurdnunoC
02 Sep 2015, 4:02 pm #49

(02 Sep 2015, 3:55 pm)DanPicken Well they issued fares and it wouldn't surprise me that GCT are operating illegally.

Do GCT knowingly opereate illegally? Seems like a bit of an allegation to make.

DanPicken

Banned

02 Sep 2015, 4:05 pm #50
(02 Sep 2015, 4:02 pm)MurdnunoC Do GCT knowingly opereate illegally? Seems like a bit of an allegation to make.

Well after they operated from depots illegally having to many buses for their licence.
DanPicken
02 Sep 2015, 4:05 pm #50

(02 Sep 2015, 4:02 pm)MurdnunoC Do GCT knowingly opereate illegally? Seems like a bit of an allegation to make.

Well after they operated from depots illegally having to many buses for their licence.

Diamond One

Banned

02 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm #51
(02 Sep 2015, 10:57 am)Dan You'd have liked this post too: Percy Main's dual-door Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 5165 (T815 CBW) has now been withdrawn from service.

First day back at school for DanPicken today, and I'm intrigued to hear if Gateshead Central Taxis operated his scholars service from the day which the contract was due to commence on the invitation to tender? He seems convinced that Go North East has 'messed up the timetables' (even though it's Nexus who creates timetables for secured services)...  :s
YES!!!!!!!!! 5165 is gone
Diamond One
02 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm #51

(02 Sep 2015, 10:57 am)Dan You'd have liked this post too: Percy Main's dual-door Volvo B10BLE/Wright Renown 5165 (T815 CBW) has now been withdrawn from service.

First day back at school for DanPicken today, and I'm intrigued to hear if Gateshead Central Taxis operated his scholars service from the day which the contract was due to commence on the invitation to tender? He seems convinced that Go North East has 'messed up the timetables' (even though it's Nexus who creates timetables for secured services)...  :s
YES!!!!!!!!! 5165 is gone

S813 FVK

02 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm #52
New for this weeks fleet allocation document:
The ex-Laser Solars are now shown as being part of the Prince Bishops family as opposed to going around in a purple base livery.
S813 FVK
02 Sep 2015, 4:15 pm #52

New for this weeks fleet allocation document:
The ex-Laser Solars are now shown as being part of the Prince Bishops family as opposed to going around in a purple base livery.

MurdnunoC

02 Sep 2015, 4:21 pm #53
(02 Sep 2015, 4:05 pm)DanPicken Well after they operated from depots illegally having to many buses for their licence.

Did GCT knowingly have too many buses for their licence or was it a mere oversight? If they were found to be knowingly operating illegally then I'd imagine any punishment levied would be more severe. When drivers employed by Howard Snaiths were found to be knowingly fiddling their tachographs, they found themselves in court with sentences handed down deemed appropriate to the offence in question. So, my questions stands, do (or did) GCT knowingly operate illegally?
MurdnunoC
02 Sep 2015, 4:21 pm #53

(02 Sep 2015, 4:05 pm)DanPicken Well after they operated from depots illegally having to many buses for their licence.

Did GCT knowingly have too many buses for their licence or was it a mere oversight? If they were found to be knowingly operating illegally then I'd imagine any punishment levied would be more severe. When drivers employed by Howard Snaiths were found to be knowingly fiddling their tachographs, they found themselves in court with sentences handed down deemed appropriate to the offence in question. So, my questions stands, do (or did) GCT knowingly operate illegally?

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Sep 2015, 4:35 pm #54
(02 Sep 2015, 4:21 pm)MurdnunoC Did GCT knowingly have too many buses for their licence or was it a mere oversight? If they were found to be knowingly operating illegally then I'd imagine any punishment levied would be more severe. When drivers employed by Howard Snaiths were found to be knowingly fiddling their tachographs, they found themselves in court with sentences handed down deemed appropriate to the offence in question. So, my questions stands, do (or did) GCT knowingly operate illegally?

The incident they were taken to Leeds for wasn't particularly serious - see link below:
http://www.route-one.net/legal/additiona...ral-taxis/

We have previously discussed GCT's drivers going over legal driving hours with no breaks and seemingly exceeding the amount of vehicles on their operating license, which hasn't been picked up on by VOSA. Interestingly, GCT are up to 28 vehicles on our fleet list and have just acquired four(?) more double-decks for Nexus contracts. Don't think the ALX200 is in use any more, which would bring them down to 27. Has been suggested previously that vehicles are registered at the address of employees and they are 'loaned' to Gateshead Central Taxis, but whether this is right or not is another matter.

https://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_anonym...tId=238695

Whether or not it's appropriate for us to speculate and discuss all of this is another matter! Certainly not relevant in this thread, like.
Dan
02 Sep 2015, 4:35 pm #54

(02 Sep 2015, 4:21 pm)MurdnunoC Did GCT knowingly have too many buses for their licence or was it a mere oversight? If they were found to be knowingly operating illegally then I'd imagine any punishment levied would be more severe. When drivers employed by Howard Snaiths were found to be knowingly fiddling their tachographs, they found themselves in court with sentences handed down deemed appropriate to the offence in question. So, my questions stands, do (or did) GCT knowingly operate illegally?

The incident they were taken to Leeds for wasn't particularly serious - see link below:
http://www.route-one.net/legal/additiona...ral-taxis/

We have previously discussed GCT's drivers going over legal driving hours with no breaks and seemingly exceeding the amount of vehicles on their operating license, which hasn't been picked up on by VOSA. Interestingly, GCT are up to 28 vehicles on our fleet list and have just acquired four(?) more double-decks for Nexus contracts. Don't think the ALX200 is in use any more, which would bring them down to 27. Has been suggested previously that vehicles are registered at the address of employees and they are 'loaned' to Gateshead Central Taxis, but whether this is right or not is another matter.

https://www.tan.gov.uk/tanen/vosa_anonym...tId=238695

Whether or not it's appropriate for us to speculate and discuss all of this is another matter! Certainly not relevant in this thread, like.

Tom

02 Sep 2015, 5:03 pm #55
Have Percy Main's blinds been updated yet?

Only seen 4911 and 4915 on the 17 today so couldn't tell.
Tom
02 Sep 2015, 5:03 pm #55

Have Percy Main's blinds been updated yet?

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Sep 2015, 5:12 pm #56
(02 Sep 2015, 5:03 pm)Tom Have Percy Main's blinds been updated yet?

No - I haven't done anything at Percy Main yet as the changes for Nexus Misc Works were done at depot level.

Riverside, Hexham, Deptford and Washington are all on my programme now (excluding a few vehicles which were VOR and we couldn't get to). All of the new Solos at Peterlee are on my programme (so just four Mercs outstanding).

I'm currently working on the destinations for all of the upcoming changes at Stanley, and we plan for this programme to be rolled out at Chester-le-Street and Stanley when the service revisions at Stanley take place. Haven't got a set date in mind for Percy Main yet, and there's probably no great immediacy in rolling out the revised programme here (other than before 1 January 2016, to avoid any route numbers appearing on the wrong side of the destination in accordance with single-deck DDA regulations). Takes a fair bit of time to completely re-make a destination programme given that there are so many different variations of each service, and the process gets quite repetitive and tiresome after hours upon hours of making destinations!
Dan
02 Sep 2015, 5:12 pm #56

(02 Sep 2015, 5:03 pm)Tom Have Percy Main's blinds been updated yet?

No - I haven't done anything at Percy Main yet as the changes for Nexus Misc Works were done at depot level.

Riverside, Hexham, Deptford and Washington are all on my programme now (excluding a few vehicles which were VOR and we couldn't get to). All of the new Solos at Peterlee are on my programme (so just four Mercs outstanding).

I'm currently working on the destinations for all of the upcoming changes at Stanley, and we plan for this programme to be rolled out at Chester-le-Street and Stanley when the service revisions at Stanley take place. Haven't got a set date in mind for Percy Main yet, and there's probably no great immediacy in rolling out the revised programme here (other than before 1 January 2016, to avoid any route numbers appearing on the wrong side of the destination in accordance with single-deck DDA regulations). Takes a fair bit of time to completely re-make a destination programme given that there are so many different variations of each service, and the process gets quite repetitive and tiresome after hours upon hours of making destinations!

Tom

02 Sep 2015, 5:15 pm #57
(02 Sep 2015, 5:12 pm)Dan No - I haven't done anything at Percy Main yet as the changes for Nexus Misc Works were done at depot level.

Ah right, cheers Smile

Just thought they might have been updated as a result of scholars, but I guess there would no point in updating the whole database if they can easily be done at depot level.
Edited 02 Sep 2015, 5:15 pm by Tom.
Tom
02 Sep 2015, 5:15 pm #57

(02 Sep 2015, 5:12 pm)Dan No - I haven't done anything at Percy Main yet as the changes for Nexus Misc Works were done at depot level.

Ah right, cheers Smile

Just thought they might have been updated as a result of scholars, but I guess there would no point in updating the whole database if they can easily be done at depot level.

Michael

02 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm #58

Oh are you now.... any details? Tongue  Angel Angel Angel

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
02 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm #58

Oh are you now.... any details? Tongue  Angel Angel Angel

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm #59
(02 Sep 2015, 5:15 pm)Tom Ah right, cheers Smile

All in good time! All depends on if citaro5284 and I are both available and if the depot has an electrician who wants to work overtime into ungodly hours. Tongue

I'm out with my mates the next few weekends (and the programmes are unlikely to be completed prior to the end of this month anyway), so it'll probably be next month at the very earliest before you see any changes at Percy Main.

(02 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm)Michael Oh are you now.... any details? Tongue  Angel Angel Angel

Haha - not yet! Tongue

Shouldn't be too long before Go North East posts details on their website.
Dan
02 Sep 2015, 5:24 pm #59

(02 Sep 2015, 5:15 pm)Tom Ah right, cheers Smile

All in good time! All depends on if citaro5284 and I are both available and if the depot has an electrician who wants to work overtime into ungodly hours. Tongue

I'm out with my mates the next few weekends (and the programmes are unlikely to be completed prior to the end of this month anyway), so it'll probably be next month at the very earliest before you see any changes at Percy Main.

(02 Sep 2015, 5:22 pm)Michael Oh are you now.... any details? Tongue  Angel Angel Angel

Haha - not yet! Tongue

Shouldn't be too long before Go North East posts details on their website.

Malarkey

02 Sep 2015, 5:27 pm #60
(02 Sep 2015, 6:47 am)Dan Malarkey - take note:
http://www.simplygo.com/news/great-north...diversions

Someone forgot to read the website last year to know he wouldn't be able to get to South Shields on service 50A... Wink

And as for this year I am at Work, so there is zero need for me to take note of this Wink
Malarkey
02 Sep 2015, 5:27 pm #60

(02 Sep 2015, 6:47 am)Dan Malarkey - take note:
http://www.simplygo.com/news/great-north...diversions

Someone forgot to read the website last year to know he wouldn't be able to get to South Shields on service 50A... Wink

And as for this year I am at Work, so there is zero need for me to take note of this Wink

Pages (54) Previous 1 2 3 454 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average