Login Register
North East Buses Forum Bus Events Bus Events (Elsewhere)
Showbus
Annyone planning on going to Showbus this year?
(03/07/2017, 22:14)Malarkey Wrote: Annyone planning on going to Showbus this year?

I would like to but unsure if it will be possible to do so, atm.
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9HTKdt...fk4ab9rDjQ
Full of bus videos from the North East and beyond
(03/07/2017, 22:16)Jimmi Wrote: I would like to but unsure if it will be possible to do so, atm.

If I end up going by myself it looks like going into Nottingham is the best option and catching the Skylink to Donnington Park, costs £10.10 for an anytime return from Nottingham.
(03/07/2017, 23:34)Malarkey Wrote: If I end up going by myself it looks like going into Nottingham is the best option and catching the Skylink to Donnington Park, costs £10.10 for an anytime return from Nottingham.

If you're travelling down by public transport, you'd be best off going down on the Saturday and finding some accomodation.
(03/07/2017, 23:39)Adrian Wrote: If you're travelling down by public transport, you'd be best off going down on the Saturday and finding some accomodation.

That's what I was thinking of possibly doing, unless someone locally was taking down a bus for the event.
I echo what Adrian says, as that's exactly what I'll be doing  Big Grin

A-line took their E200MMC demo last year, and were ferrying people down, however as I live quite far from Tyne and Wear, I would not have been able to get to the pickup until a couple of hours after departure lol
Tom | omnicity4659.co.uk  

(03/07/2017, 23:39)Adrian Wrote: If you're travelling down by public transport, you'd be best off going down on the Saturday and finding some accomodation.

I considered this last year, but the cheapest accomodation I could find either at EMA or in/near Nottingham, was nearly £70!
Its something that we do plan to do. But not this year and not with A National 2.
Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. Owner of UPT 681V, FTN 710W and R855 PRG.
(05/07/2017, 21:46)Tamesider Wrote: I considered this last year, but the cheapest accomodation I could find either at EMA or in/near Nottingham, was nearly £70!

Whilst Donnington is a considerable improvement geographically on Duxford - bearing in mind that virtually all Transport events (incl Air) in this country seem to take place in the South - it does unfortunately share one problem. It is held near a University city on the very weekend when all the Students are moving in for the new Academic Year. Hence, the high accommodation costs (and likely little sleep due to Freshers' partying).
I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at EMA last year and will probably do the same this year. I did a Derbyshire Wayfarer on the Saturday starting in Sheffield and visited Bakewell, Matlock, Alfreton, Derby & Burton. Always plenty of places you can go, Trent Barron's Zigzag I think is only £6 for the day for example.
Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Commercial Manager, Stagecarriage