Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

Whats made you happy today?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (203): Previous 1201 202 203
23 Sep 2022, 9:16 pm #4,041
(23 Sep 2022, 9:05 pm)Unber43 I suppose you can use it on the X21 for the 2hours if you've got enough data. 

Have you tried to use it in public, whats the data usage like?

I haven't tried the Steam Deck out and about yet, but I have been known to get the laptop out on the X21 and play some games!
Online games use surprisingly little data, usually only like 50-100mb per hour.

Tbh, I have unlimited data so it's really not a concern for me! If anything, the more the better to get my moneys worth!
Last Christmas I had to download GTA V on my brother's new PC and TalkTalk being TalkTalk meant the internet was slow AF, so since I get 5G at my mother's house I decided to just turn on the hotspot and use that instead, I think I ended up using just over 100gb in a few hours!
streetdeckfan
23 Sep 2022, 9:16 pm #4,041

(23 Sep 2022, 9:05 pm)Unber43 I suppose you can use it on the X21 for the 2hours if you've got enough data. 

Have you tried to use it in public, whats the data usage like?

I haven't tried the Steam Deck out and about yet, but I have been known to get the laptop out on the X21 and play some games!

Tbh, I have unlimited data so it's really not a concern for me! If anything, the more the better to get my moneys worth!
Last Christmas I had to download GTA V on my brother's new PC and TalkTalk being TalkTalk meant the internet was slow AF, so since I get 5G at my mother's house I decided to just turn on the hotspot and use that instead, I think I ended up using just over 100gb in a few hours!

Unber43

23 Sep 2022, 9:24 pm #4,042
(23 Sep 2022, 9:16 pm)streetdeckfan I haven't tried the Steam Deck out and about yet, but I have been known to get the laptop out on the X21 and play some games!

Well I have 100GB Date roughly. 

I think I might get one if my commute times are over an hour on the same but, the X21 would be perfect you get a table and bring your laptop or just sit and bring the SteamDeck, also what made you choose a gaming laptop over a PC?

What is the battery life like?
Unber43
23 Sep 2022, 9:24 pm #4,042

(23 Sep 2022, 9:16 pm)streetdeckfan I haven't tried the Steam Deck out and about yet, but I have been known to get the laptop out on the X21 and play some games!

Well I have 100GB Date roughly. 

I think I might get one if my commute times are over an hour on the same but, the X21 would be perfect you get a table and bring your laptop or just sit and bring the SteamDeck, also what made you choose a gaming laptop over a PC?

23 Sep 2022, 10:14 pm #4,043
(23 Sep 2022, 9:24 pm)Unber43 Well I have 100GB Date roughly. 

Portability is why I pretty much always choose a laptop over a desktop. I've always worked from home (way before it was cool), so having a laptop meant I could work from anywhere. My main reason for getting a gaming laptop wasn't really for gaming, I just needed a relatively powerful laptop, and gaming laptops are usually the cheapest way to get them. For work, while I spend most of my time in Excel and Word, I also some how end up doing Photoshop and video editing, despite that not being anywhere near my job description! Plus, in my spare time I do a lot of 3D modelling and 3D printing, so the extra power helps.

I also have a little 14" Ryzen 3 laptop that I carry around with me everywhere, and to be honest it does 95% of what I do perfectly well. The only thing it doesn't do very well is play games. I mean, it plays them, but barely!

With the Steam Deck, I seem to be getting anywhere between 2-4 hours, depending on what settings I'm playing at, which is pretty respectable I think.
streetdeckfan
23 Sep 2022, 10:14 pm #4,043

(23 Sep 2022, 9:24 pm)Unber43 Well I have 100GB Date roughly. 

Portability is why I pretty much always choose a laptop over a desktop. I've always worked from home (way before it was cool), so having a laptop meant I could work from anywhere. My main reason for getting a gaming laptop wasn't really for gaming, I just needed a relatively powerful laptop, and gaming laptops are usually the cheapest way to get them. For work, while I spend most of my time in Excel and Word, I also some how end up doing Photoshop and video editing, despite that not being anywhere near my job description! Plus, in my spare time I do a lot of 3D modelling and 3D printing, so the extra power helps.

I also have a little 14" Ryzen 3 laptop that I carry around with me everywhere, and to be honest it does 95% of what I do perfectly well. The only thing it doesn't do very well is play games. I mean, it plays them, but barely!

With the Steam Deck, I seem to be getting anywhere between 2-4 hours, depending on what settings I'm playing at, which is pretty respectable I think.

Unber43

23 Sep 2022, 10:40 pm #4,044
(23 Sep 2022, 10:14 pm)streetdeckfan Portability is why I pretty much always choose a laptop over a desktop. I've always worked from home (way before it was cool), so having a laptop meant I could work from anywhere. My main reason for getting a gaming laptop wasn't really for gaming, I just needed a relatively powerful laptop, and gaming laptops are usually the cheapest way to get them. For work, while I spend most of my time in Excel and Word, I also some how end up doing Photoshop and video editing, despite that not being anywhere near my job description! Plus, in my spare time I do a lot of 3D modelling and 3D printing, so the extra power helps.

Thanks for all the info, you should ask for a payrise.  Smile

Personally I think for me to get the SteamDeck it would have to have about 6 hours of charge.
Unber43
23 Sep 2022, 10:40 pm #4,044

(23 Sep 2022, 10:14 pm)streetdeckfan Portability is why I pretty much always choose a laptop over a desktop. I've always worked from home (way before it was cool), so having a laptop meant I could work from anywhere. My main reason for getting a gaming laptop wasn't really for gaming, I just needed a relatively powerful laptop, and gaming laptops are usually the cheapest way to get them. For work, while I spend most of my time in Excel and Word, I also some how end up doing Photoshop and video editing, despite that not being anywhere near my job description! Plus, in my spare time I do a lot of 3D modelling and 3D printing, so the extra power helps.

Thanks for all the info, you should ask for a payrise.  Smile

Personally I think for me to get the SteamDeck it would have to have about 6 hours of charge.

23 Sep 2022, 10:52 pm #4,045
(23 Sep 2022, 10:40 pm)Unber43 Thanks for all the info, you should ask for a payrise.  Smile

Even the Switch can barely manage 6 hours, and that's nowhere near as powerful!
streetdeckfan
23 Sep 2022, 10:52 pm #4,045

(23 Sep 2022, 10:40 pm)Unber43 Thanks for all the info, you should ask for a payrise.  Smile

Even the Switch can barely manage 6 hours, and that's nowhere near as powerful!

Unber43

23 Sep 2022, 11:00 pm #4,046
(23 Sep 2022, 10:52 pm)streetdeckfan Even the Switch can barely manage 6 hours, and that's nowhere near as powerful!
True.
Unber43
23 Sep 2022, 11:00 pm #4,046

(23 Sep 2022, 10:52 pm)streetdeckfan Even the Switch can barely manage 6 hours, and that's nowhere near as powerful!
True.

22 Nov 2022, 10:55 am #4,047
Kind of bitter sweet, I lost my headphones last week (they're probably somewhere in the house but I'm too lazy to properly look)

So I decided to just buy the Soundcore Life P3s as a temporary measure since they're on sale at the minute for Black Friday and I'm well impressed with them!
The bass is excellent, like for £50 bluetooth earbuds, it's really good. It's punchy but even with the bass boost on it's still remarkably clear. The only downside is the highs can sound a little bit distorted, but again for the price they sound great.

The only downside is they don't have the in-ear detection to automatically pause, but I'll live without it for now
streetdeckfan
22 Nov 2022, 10:55 am #4,047

Kind of bitter sweet, I lost my headphones last week (they're probably somewhere in the house but I'm too lazy to properly look)

So I decided to just buy the Soundcore Life P3s as a temporary measure since they're on sale at the minute for Black Friday and I'm well impressed with them!
The bass is excellent, like for £50 bluetooth earbuds, it's really good. It's punchy but even with the bass boost on it's still remarkably clear. The only downside is the highs can sound a little bit distorted, but again for the price they sound great.

The only downside is they don't have the in-ear detection to automatically pause, but I'll live without it for now

Unber43

29 Nov 2022, 9:10 pm #4,048

How is your experience on the Steam Deck so far?
Unber43
29 Nov 2022, 9:10 pm #4,048

How is your experience on the Steam Deck so far?

30 Nov 2022, 9:38 am #4,049
(29 Nov 2022, 9:10 pm)Unber43 How is your experience on the Steam Deck so far?

Honestly, it's been great. Battery life is long enough to the point where it doesn't bother me, but it certainly could be a bit longer. I'm the kind to forget to charge it!

The only game I've really been playing recently has been Fall Guys and it's been running excellently. Despite being technically unsupported, it seems to be less buggy on the Steam Deck than it is on my friend's Switch!

I've been replaying GTA 4 and it's been running as smooth as it did on my gaming laptop back in the day (that was >10 years ago, christ!)

I gave up trying to get GTA V to work properly, since I only went for the 64GB model this time, it has to install to the SD card, and it doesn't like it.
streetdeckfan
30 Nov 2022, 9:38 am #4,049

(29 Nov 2022, 9:10 pm)Unber43 How is your experience on the Steam Deck so far?

Honestly, it's been great. Battery life is long enough to the point where it doesn't bother me, but it certainly could be a bit longer. I'm the kind to forget to charge it!

The only game I've really been playing recently has been Fall Guys and it's been running excellently. Despite being technically unsupported, it seems to be less buggy on the Steam Deck than it is on my friend's Switch!

I've been replaying GTA 4 and it's been running as smooth as it did on my gaming laptop back in the day (that was >10 years ago, christ!)

I gave up trying to get GTA V to work properly, since I only went for the 64GB model this time, it has to install to the SD card, and it doesn't like it.

Unber43

30 Nov 2022, 6:33 pm #4,050
(30 Nov 2022, 9:38 am)streetdeckfan Honestly, it's been great. Battery life is long enough to the point where it doesn't bother me, but it certainly could be a bit longer. I'm the kind to forget to charge it!

Yeah, I think a better battery life is needed, £350 for the 64GB is a great price however I think 256GB is the minimum I would go for, so I could maybe download a few extra games incase I get bored.

What is it like for data usage when you're out and about?
Unber43
30 Nov 2022, 6:33 pm #4,050

(30 Nov 2022, 9:38 am)streetdeckfan Honestly, it's been great. Battery life is long enough to the point where it doesn't bother me, but it certainly could be a bit longer. I'm the kind to forget to charge it!

Yeah, I think a better battery life is needed, £350 for the 64GB is a great price however I think 256GB is the minimum I would go for, so I could maybe download a few extra games incase I get bored.

01 Dec 2022, 1:07 am #4,051
(30 Nov 2022, 6:33 pm)Unber43 Yeah, I think a better battery life is needed, £350 for the 64GB is a great price however I think 256GB is the minimum I would go for, so I could maybe download a few extra games incase I get bored.

With the 256GB you might only download an extra game or two with the size of games these days! 
I would definitely recommend just going for the 64GB and getting a large MicroSD to install the games on. I'm starting to think the issue with GTA V was because I was installing it through Epic games rather than Steam as I never bought the Steam version.

I honestly haven't checked the data usage as I have unlimited data. But I have to travel up to Gateshead in the morning so if I remember I'll keep track of it.
streetdeckfan
01 Dec 2022, 1:07 am #4,051

(30 Nov 2022, 6:33 pm)Unber43 Yeah, I think a better battery life is needed, £350 for the 64GB is a great price however I think 256GB is the minimum I would go for, so I could maybe download a few extra games incase I get bored.

With the 256GB you might only download an extra game or two with the size of games these days! 
I would definitely recommend just going for the 64GB and getting a large MicroSD to install the games on. I'm starting to think the issue with GTA V was because I was installing it through Epic games rather than Steam as I never bought the Steam version.

I honestly haven't checked the data usage as I have unlimited data. But I have to travel up to Gateshead in the morning so if I remember I'll keep track of it.

01 Dec 2022, 2:55 am #4,052
(30 Nov 2022, 6:33 pm)Unber43 What is it like for data usage when you're out and about?

Just had half an hour on fall guys and it used 30mb of data.
streetdeckfan
01 Dec 2022, 2:55 am #4,052

(30 Nov 2022, 6:33 pm)Unber43 What is it like for data usage when you're out and about?

Just had half an hour on fall guys and it used 30mb of data.

Rob44

25 Aug 2023, 3:13 pm #4,053
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66592283

Good on the driver!
31 Aug 2023, 3:24 am #4,054
Went to go and see Barbie earlier (after putting it off for so long) and I must admit it is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
Other than the casting being absolute spot on, and it being hilarious, it also just looked fantastic.
The set design was brilliant and the lack of CGI was refreshing and a great decision by the director.
streetdeckfan
31 Aug 2023, 3:24 am #4,054

Went to go and see Barbie earlier (after putting it off for so long) and I must admit it is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.
Other than the casting being absolute spot on, and it being hilarious, it also just looked fantastic.
The set design was brilliant and the lack of CGI was refreshing and a great decision by the director.

Chris 1

31 Aug 2023, 11:35 am #4,055
(31 Aug 2023, 3:24 am)streetdeckfan Went to go and see Barbie earlier (after putting it off for so long) and I must admit it is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

National Cinema day on Saturday if there's anything else on your radar, £3 a ticket.  I've been roped into The Meg 2 with my youngest!
Chris 1
31 Aug 2023, 11:35 am #4,055

(31 Aug 2023, 3:24 am)streetdeckfan Went to go and see Barbie earlier (after putting it off for so long) and I must admit it is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

National Cinema day on Saturday if there's anything else on your radar, £3 a ticket.  I've been roped into The Meg 2 with my youngest!

Unber43

28 Sep 2023, 8:28 pm #4,056
I was on a GNE bus yesterday and this women just got on (after putting her hand out when the bus was going past the stop (i would have just drove past)), and just got on

*puts car onto the machine*
**BEEP**
Driver : What do you want?
*Puts Card onto the machine*
**BEEP**
Driver: What do you want?
*Puts Card Onto THe Machine*
**BEEP**
Driver: WHAT DO YOU WANT?
*takes the card and charge £2 to it, and she leaves the ticket*
Unber43
28 Sep 2023, 8:28 pm #4,056

I was on a GNE bus yesterday and this women just got on (after putting her hand out when the bus was going past the stop (i would have just drove past)), and just got on

**BEEP**
**BEEP**
**BEEP**

Rob44

29 Sep 2023, 8:43 am #4,057
I was in the pub ( i know) and a drunk lady went up to the bandit and inserted her bank card in the slot where the notes go. The staff tried to get it out but to no avail - ended up chucking her out cause she was becoming very abusive and vilets. Turns out she was a regular but is actually barred!
Rob44
29 Sep 2023, 8:43 am #4,057

I was in the pub ( i know) and a drunk lady went up to the bandit and inserted her bank card in the slot where the notes go. The staff tried to get it out but to no avail - ended up chucking her out cause she was becoming very abusive and vilets. Turns out she was a regular but is actually barred!

F114TML

29 Sep 2023, 5:39 pm #4,058
(28 Sep 2023, 8:28 pm)Unber43 I was on a GNE bus yesterday and this women just got on (after putting her hand out when the bus was going past the stop (i would have just drove past)), and just got on

**BEEP**
**BEEP**
**BEEP**

That's what I do - if they say nothing just automatically bill them £2. They'll be quick to tell you if it's wrong.

One of the most infuriating things that, people who get on and say nothing. Just put cash on the table.
F114TML
29 Sep 2023, 5:39 pm #4,058

(28 Sep 2023, 8:28 pm)Unber43 I was on a GNE bus yesterday and this women just got on (after putting her hand out when the bus was going past the stop (i would have just drove past)), and just got on

**BEEP**
**BEEP**
**BEEP**

That's what I do - if they say nothing just automatically bill them £2. They'll be quick to tell you if it's wrong.

One of the most infuriating things that, people who get on and say nothing. Just put cash on the table.

06 Dec 2023, 1:17 pm #4,059
Big Mick is back

Sorry to all them who I offended last time like.

Was just banta.

Al do me best to behave this time round.

Merry Christmas to all

Former PTE driver many year back. Turned over a new leaf since my last time here
BIG MICK STOKOE
06 Dec 2023, 1:17 pm #4,059

Big Mick is back

Sorry to all them who I offended last time like.

Was just banta.

Al do me best to behave this time round.

Merry Christmas to all

Former PTE driver many year back. Turned over a new leaf since my last time here

Pages (203): Previous 1201 202 203

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average