Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V4

What's annoying you today? V4

What's annoying you today? V4

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (191): Previous 1160 161 162191 Next
Andreos1

21 Mar 2017, 10:35 pm #3,201
(21 Mar 2017, 8:54 pm)Jimmi Fake/scam Facebook profiles.

Getting loads of friend requests lately and all of them are the same, attractive lass in your area (apparently), then you go onto their profile and it has posts saying, well to keep it clean on this forum, lets just say "do you want fun?" then click here [link]. Getting these at least one a week at the moment.

I think I ask on behalf of everyone; what would happen if one of these local lasses sat down opposite you on an X21?

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Mar 2017, 10:35 pm #3,201

(21 Mar 2017, 8:54 pm)Jimmi Fake/scam Facebook profiles.

Getting loads of friend requests lately and all of them are the same, attractive lass in your area (apparently), then you go onto their profile and it has posts saying, well to keep it clean on this forum, lets just say "do you want fun?" then click here [link]. Getting these at least one a week at the moment.

I think I ask on behalf of everyone; what would happen if one of these local lasses sat down opposite you on an X21?

Jimmi

21 Mar 2017, 10:58 pm #3,202
(21 Mar 2017, 10:35 pm)Andreos1 I think I ask on behalf of everyone; what would happen if one of these local lasses sat down opposite you on an X21?
Considering my anxiety issues, nothing would probably happen.
Jimmi
21 Mar 2017, 10:58 pm #3,202

(21 Mar 2017, 10:35 pm)Andreos1 I think I ask on behalf of everyone; what would happen if one of these local lasses sat down opposite you on an X21?
Considering my anxiety issues, nothing would probably happen.

22 Mar 2017, 12:07 pm #3,203
Go to Metrocentre coach park this morning in the hope that the Citaro is on the X21 for a photo of it as timetable says it runs Wednesdays and due at 11:20 and wait for around 40 minutes and it doesn't show up, hopefully can get it Saturday in Newcastle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
22 Mar 2017, 12:07 pm #3,203

Go to Metrocentre coach park this morning in the hope that the Citaro is on the X21 for a photo of it as timetable says it runs Wednesdays and due at 11:20 and wait for around 40 minutes and it doesn't show up, hopefully can get it Saturday in Newcastle

Jamie M

Unregistered

22 Mar 2017, 12:17 pm #3,204
(22 Mar 2017, 12:07 pm)TEN 6083 Go to Metrocentre coach park this morning in the hope that the Citaro is on the X21 for a photo of it as timetable says it runs Wednesdays and due at 11:20 and wait for around 40 minutes and it doesn't show up, hopefully can get it Saturday in Newcastle

Is this the stanhope X21? I've only ever seen it when it gets diverted down the 692.
Jamie M
22 Mar 2017, 12:17 pm #3,204

(22 Mar 2017, 12:07 pm)TEN 6083 Go to Metrocentre coach park this morning in the hope that the Citaro is on the X21 for a photo of it as timetable says it runs Wednesdays and due at 11:20 and wait for around 40 minutes and it doesn't show up, hopefully can get it Saturday in Newcastle

Is this the stanhope X21? I've only ever seen it when it gets diverted down the 692.

22 Mar 2017, 12:18 pm #3,205
(22 Mar 2017, 12:17 pm)Jamie M Is this the stanhope X21? I've only ever seen it when it gets diverted down the 692.

Yes it is the Weardale X21

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
22 Mar 2017, 12:18 pm #3,205

(22 Mar 2017, 12:17 pm)Jamie M Is this the stanhope X21? I've only ever seen it when it gets diverted down the 692.

Yes it is the Weardale X21

Jimmi

22 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm #3,206

X21 is double deck operated on Wednesdays, so it's unlikely you would see the Citaro on there today, especially as I think the service on Wednesdays is not operated from Crook or Stanhope and is done from somewhere in Tyneside and I think does a Nexus contract of some description.

Last time I did the X21 on a Wednesday, it didn't stop at the Metrocentre on its way to Newcastle.

It should stop at the Metrocentre before Newcastle on Wednesdays though.

Additionally, it appears to have snowed a fair bit in Weardale last night, so could possibly be delayed due to the conditions up there.
Edited 22 Mar 2017, 12:31 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
22 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm #3,206

X21 is double deck operated on Wednesdays, so it's unlikely you would see the Citaro on there today, especially as I think the service on Wednesdays is not operated from Crook or Stanhope and is done from somewhere in Tyneside and I think does a Nexus contract of some description.

Last time I did the X21 on a Wednesday, it didn't stop at the Metrocentre on its way to Newcastle.

It should stop at the Metrocentre before Newcastle on Wednesdays though.

Additionally, it appears to have snowed a fair bit in Weardale last night, so could possibly be delayed due to the conditions up there.

22 Mar 2017, 2:58 pm #3,207
Will have to remember that

TEN 6083
22 Mar 2017, 2:58 pm #3,207

Will have to remember that

31 Mar 2017, 3:25 pm #3,208
Trying to deal with someone who constantly wants their own way!!!  Angry Angry
Edited 31 Mar 2017, 3:25 pm by EL1TE.
EL1TE
31 Mar 2017, 3:25 pm #3,208

Trying to deal with someone who constantly wants their own way!!!  Angry Angry

BusLoverMum

02 Apr 2017, 11:58 am #3,209
Horses.

Travelled the back roads back from Dalton park, so came i to the village at the far end, only to come face to face with dozens of horses and carts coming the other way, many all over the place and not sticking to their side of the road. Squeezed a bit further up to find that they'd parked their horse boxes all the way up both sides of the road, from the village centre to the library and had even had the cheek to set up a burger van.

You can guarantee that this won't have been cleared with anyone, beforehand. Local plod could probably have a field day with their anpr cameras on all their 4 wheel drives, mind.
BusLoverMum
02 Apr 2017, 11:58 am #3,209

Horses.

Travelled the back roads back from Dalton park, so came i to the village at the far end, only to come face to face with dozens of horses and carts coming the other way, many all over the place and not sticking to their side of the road. Squeezed a bit further up to find that they'd parked their horse boxes all the way up both sides of the road, from the village centre to the library and had even had the cheek to set up a burger van.

You can guarantee that this won't have been cleared with anyone, beforehand. Local plod could probably have a field day with their anpr cameras on all their 4 wheel drives, mind.

02 Apr 2017, 12:14 pm #3,210
Not exactly the horses fault but more so the owners. It's as if you saying the horses are out on the street getting drunk lol.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
02 Apr 2017, 12:14 pm #3,210

Not exactly the horses fault but more so the owners. It's as if you saying the horses are out on the street getting drunk lol.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

BusLoverMum

02 Apr 2017, 12:36 pm #3,211
(02 Apr 2017, 12:14 pm)Rapidsnap Not exactly the horses fault but more so the owners. It's as if you saying the horses are out on the street getting drunk lol.

True dat.

I feel sorry for a lot of these animals, if anything, because theyare often poorly looked after, taken out on busy main roads and frequently beaten with sticks when they're already frightened Angry
BusLoverMum
02 Apr 2017, 12:36 pm #3,211

(02 Apr 2017, 12:14 pm)Rapidsnap Not exactly the horses fault but more so the owners. It's as if you saying the horses are out on the street getting drunk lol.

True dat.

I feel sorry for a lot of these animals, if anything, because theyare often poorly looked after, taken out on busy main roads and frequently beaten with sticks when they're already frightened Angry

James101

02 Apr 2017, 2:42 pm #3,212
(02 Apr 2017, 12:36 pm)BusLoverMum True dat.

I'd extent my annoyance to anyone who takes a horse out on the highway. I'm sure the horse may enjoy the excercise and the human/horse companionship - but there's no way it would choose to be saddled up and made to walk on tarmac with vehicles all around for miles.

I'd extent my annoyance to anyone who takes a horse out on the highway. I'm sure the horse may enjoy the excercise and the human/horse companionship - but there's no way it would choose to be saddled up and made to walk on tarmac with vehicles all around for miles.
Edited 02 Apr 2017, 2:42 pm by James101.
James101
02 Apr 2017, 2:42 pm #3,212

Jimmi

02 Apr 2017, 9:04 pm #3,213
Social anxiety on Facebook etc.
Jimmi
02 Apr 2017, 9:04 pm #3,213

Social anxiety on Facebook etc.

Andreos1

02 Apr 2017, 9:37 pm #3,214
(02 Apr 2017, 11:58 am)BusLoverMum Horses.

Connected to Appleby? The fair must be on soon.

Andreos1
02 Apr 2017, 9:37 pm #3,214

(02 Apr 2017, 11:58 am)BusLoverMum Horses.

Connected to Appleby? The fair must be on soon.

02 Apr 2017, 10:37 pm #3,215
(02 Apr 2017, 9:37 pm)Andreos1 Connected to Appleby? The fair must be on soon.

I was thinking about that myself but it isn't until the 8th June.

Rapidsnap
02 Apr 2017, 10:37 pm #3,215

I was thinking about that myself but it isn't until the 8th June.

Andreos1

03 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm #3,216
(02 Apr 2017, 10:37 pm)Rapidsnap I was thinking about that myself but it isn't until the 8th June.

Could have sworn it was earlier, but it appears it is later in the year.
Is there another horse gathering somewhere around Easter time?

Andreos1
03 Apr 2017, 12:33 pm #3,216

(02 Apr 2017, 10:37 pm)Rapidsnap I was thinking about that myself but it isn't until the 8th June.

Could have sworn it was earlier, but it appears it is later in the year.
Is there another horse gathering somewhere around Easter time?

03 Apr 2017, 2:16 pm #3,217
Aye the Grand National on Saturday

Rapidsnap
03 Apr 2017, 2:16 pm #3,217

Aye the Grand National on Saturday

BusLoverMum

03 Apr 2017, 8:06 pm #3,218

I think that's usually may or june.

Ponies and carts are a big part of the culture around here, not just among the travelling community. There's often a pony either in a back garden or being tended to, somewhere up our street. 

There's a big horse fair around Sedgefield, some years, though not every year and often set up at short notice. The one a few years ago ended up with the police heavily involved as they were racing in the road and the council provided portaloos because there were an awful lot of people to be just pooing wherever they could.
BusLoverMum
03 Apr 2017, 8:06 pm #3,218

I think that's usually may or june.

Ponies and carts are a big part of the culture around here, not just among the travelling community. There's often a pony either in a back garden or being tended to, somewhere up our street. 

There's a big horse fair around Sedgefield, some years, though not every year and often set up at short notice. The one a few years ago ended up with the police heavily involved as they were racing in the road and the council provided portaloos because there were an awful lot of people to be just pooing wherever they could.

Andreos1

04 Apr 2017, 9:09 am #3,219
Generic email acknowledgements.

Whilst they do have a purpose and do confirm receipt of an email, I often find people or organisations can hide behind them - particularly when a serious complaint has been submitted.

Almost a week since a serious complaint was submitted, and it took a day for the acknowledgement to arrive.
I wait with baited breath for someone to actually take responsibility.
If they don't, my twitter feed may provide a quite public form of entertainment merged with corporate embarrassment.

Andreos1
04 Apr 2017, 9:09 am #3,219

Generic email acknowledgements.

Whilst they do have a purpose and do confirm receipt of an email, I often find people or organisations can hide behind them - particularly when a serious complaint has been submitted.

Almost a week since a serious complaint was submitted, and it took a day for the acknowledgement to arrive.
I wait with baited breath for someone to actually take responsibility.
If they don't, my twitter feed may provide a quite public form of entertainment merged with corporate embarrassment.

Jamie M

Unregistered

04 Apr 2017, 7:17 pm #3,220
Self cancelling indicators.

They have a mind of their own. There's some vibrating in the steering collumn on the engine idle which cancels the indicators. Might have to do what Stanley might need to do and get a screwdriver out and tighten everything up
Jamie M
04 Apr 2017, 7:17 pm #3,220

Self cancelling indicators.

They have a mind of their own. There's some vibrating in the steering collumn on the engine idle which cancels the indicators. Might have to do what Stanley might need to do and get a screwdriver out and tighten everything up

Pages (191): Previous 1160 161 162191 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average