Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat What's annoying you today? V4

What's annoying you today? V4

What's annoying you today? V4

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (191) Previous 1182 183 184191 Next
15 May 2018, 2:36 pm #3,641
At Carlisle Station filming a Steam Engine (48151) coming into the Station for my YouTube channel and a DRS Class 88 (88010) towing a class 37 and a class 66 comes by at just the wrong moment. I was cursing quite a bit as it came past.

Sent from my iPhone 7+ using Tapatalk
Edited 15 May 2018, 2:37 pm by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
15 May 2018, 2:36 pm #3,641

At Carlisle Station filming a Steam Engine (48151) coming into the Station for my YouTube channel and a DRS Class 88 (88010) towing a class 37 and a class 66 comes by at just the wrong moment. I was cursing quite a bit as it came past.

BusLoverMum

15 May 2018, 10:35 pm #3,642
(15 May 2018, 9:29 am)Jimmi 6159 deciding it didn't want to work properly on the 15 resulting in a missed connection with the only 689 to Hexham of the day at Consett. Shame they changed the departure time to 09:40 as I would have been fine if it was still 09:45.

Before anyone suggests that I could have bigger issues, I do and I don't mean the fact that I can't seem to stop listening to Busted and McFly songs atm

McBusted?

Sparks and Franz Ferdinand did better with FFS Big Grin
BusLoverMum
15 May 2018, 10:35 pm #3,642

(15 May 2018, 9:29 am)Jimmi 6159 deciding it didn't want to work properly on the 15 resulting in a missed connection with the only 689 to Hexham of the day at Consett. Shame they changed the departure time to 09:40 as I would have been fine if it was still 09:45.

Before anyone suggests that I could have bigger issues, I do and I don't mean the fact that I can't seem to stop listening to Busted and McFly songs atm

McBusted?

Jimmi

16 May 2018, 10:28 am #3,643
(15 May 2018, 10:35 pm)BusLoverMum McBusted?

Must admit to being a massive Busted fan in 2004? When I would have been 10 but probably haven't listened to them since until about a month ago when I just happened to put one of the musical channels on Sky out of boredom and Busted and McFly featured in this countdown that was on, and sure enough stumbled across a video compilation show last week. Weirdly wasn't really a McFly fan before for some reason. Kelly Osborne's version of 'Papa Don't Preach' also featured on said countdown which was terrible.

Probably a good thing to distinguish FFS, otherwise it would just look rude

Another annoyance from yesterday was I went out (again) yesterday evening for a plesent evening trip to Hartlepool (no, really! ) was a nice trip until it was time to catch the X66 back to Darlington where we got "treated" to the antics of 5 year olds which would be fine if they were 5 but they must have been in their 20s, for reasons of taste, all I will say is one of them ended up on the floor about 3 times before we even got out of Middlesbrough, the look of disgust I saw on some old blokes face when we eventually got to Darlington said a thousand words, hopefully mine did as well.
Jimmi
16 May 2018, 10:28 am #3,643

(15 May 2018, 10:35 pm)BusLoverMum McBusted?

Must admit to being a massive Busted fan in 2004? When I would have been 10 but probably haven't listened to them since until about a month ago when I just happened to put one of the musical channels on Sky out of boredom and Busted and McFly featured in this countdown that was on, and sure enough stumbled across a video compilation show last week. Weirdly wasn't really a McFly fan before for some reason. Kelly Osborne's version of 'Papa Don't Preach' also featured on said countdown which was terrible.

Probably a good thing to distinguish FFS, otherwise it would just look rude

Another annoyance from yesterday was I went out (again) yesterday evening for a plesent evening trip to Hartlepool (no, really! ) was a nice trip until it was time to catch the X66 back to Darlington where we got "treated" to the antics of 5 year olds which would be fine if they were 5 but they must have been in their 20s, for reasons of taste, all I will say is one of them ended up on the floor about 3 times before we even got out of Middlesbrough, the look of disgust I saw on some old blokes face when we eventually got to Darlington said a thousand words, hopefully mine did as well.

05 Jun 2018, 10:54 am #3,644
I've ended up with a cold despite the weather being lovely all weekend in the North West.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
05 Jun 2018, 10:54 am #3,644

I've ended up with a cold despite the weather being lovely all weekend in the North West.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

12 Jun 2018, 11:17 pm #3,645
Tried booking an appointment to see a doctor regarding ongoing mental health issues with myself, I'm sinking into depression again and I couldn't get an appointment until the 26th June, hope I don't drive myself crazy by that point.

Rapidsnap
12 Jun 2018, 11:17 pm #3,645

Tried booking an appointment to see a doctor regarding ongoing mental health issues with myself, I'm sinking into depression again and I couldn't get an appointment until the 26th June, hope I don't drive myself crazy by that point.

Jamie M

Unregistered

12 Jun 2018, 11:26 pm #3,646
(12 Jun 2018, 11:17 pm)Rapidsnap Tried booking an appointment to see a doctor regarding ongoing mental health issues with myself, I'm sinking into depression again and I couldn't get an appointment until the 26th June, hope I don't drive myself crazy by that point.
Keep on hanging on there mate!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Jamie M
12 Jun 2018, 11:26 pm #3,646

(12 Jun 2018, 11:17 pm)Rapidsnap Tried booking an appointment to see a doctor regarding ongoing mental health issues with myself, I'm sinking into depression again and I couldn't get an appointment until the 26th June, hope I don't drive myself crazy by that point.
Keep on hanging on there mate!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Andreos1

13 Jun 2018, 6:05 am #3,647

Is there an option to self-refer directly to a service, rather than go through your GP?
https://www.ntw.nhs.uk/need-help-now/

It may be quicker.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
13 Jun 2018, 6:05 am #3,647

Is there an option to self-refer directly to a service, rather than go through your GP?

It may be quicker.

13 Jun 2018, 4:21 pm #3,648
(13 Jun 2018, 6:05 am)Andreos1 Is there an option to self-refer directly to a service, rather than go through your GP?

It may be quicker.

I will consider that option if things get worse for me. I've now got 50 hours off work so hopefully I can get some RnR in.

Rapidsnap
13 Jun 2018, 4:21 pm #3,648

(13 Jun 2018, 6:05 am)Andreos1 Is there an option to self-refer directly to a service, rather than go through your GP?

It may be quicker.

I will consider that option if things get worse for me. I've now got 50 hours off work so hopefully I can get some RnR in.

BusLoverMum

13 Jun 2018, 11:08 pm #3,649

GP appointments can be pretty hard to come by. Didn't even get a registration spot with my new gp when I moved here.

Keep on keeping on.
BusLoverMum
13 Jun 2018, 11:08 pm #3,649

GP appointments can be pretty hard to come by. Didn't even get a registration spot with my new gp when I moved here.

Keep on keeping on.

14 Jun 2018, 10:53 am #3,650
Fortunatley I've got two friends who care deeply for me who have offered to pay for my petrol to go and visit them in Manchester next week, and they've also assisted me in being able to attend UK Ponycon in October in Nottingham.

Rapidsnap
14 Jun 2018, 10:53 am #3,650

Fortunatley I've got two friends who care deeply for me who have offered to pay for my petrol to go and visit them in Manchester next week, and they've also assisted me in being able to attend UK Ponycon in October in Nottingham.

S830OFT

19 Jun 2018, 9:01 pm #3,651
I feel so guilty for the mistakes I have made, I feel like a box with nothing in it, a person without a heart. I am feeling miserable and people are getting kicks from it. I have said nothing to provoke anybody, they just think it is acceptable to give me harrasment.

S830OFT
19 Jun 2018, 9:01 pm #3,651

I feel so guilty for the mistakes I have made, I feel like a box with nothing in it, a person without a heart. I am feeling miserable and people are getting kicks from it. I have said nothing to provoke anybody, they just think it is acceptable to give me harrasment.

01 Jul 2018, 10:12 am #3,652
The side effects of these tablets are great fun *blep*

Rapidsnap
01 Jul 2018, 10:12 am #3,652

The side effects of these tablets are great fun *blep*

Andreos1

11 Jul 2018, 5:28 pm #3,653

The sadist in me chuckled when it turned up.
Haven't had an #ex-purpleSolar (particularly this one) for a while, so wondered if GNE's finest had been doing overtime sorting out the bangs, rattles, shakes and squeaks.
Just to appease passengers and help make their journey a pleasant one.

GNE's finest may have done some work to it - mechanically.
Not sure they have found a solution to any of the issues mentioned above. 

If they do manage to sort them out, I reckon they should be awarded a Nobel prize or something.
Could be a great peice of PR for them, even if it means paying a little overtime.
Mind. Binning those Solars off could be just as popular.
I'll give the decision maker a pat on the back myself.

Andreos1
11 Jul 2018, 5:28 pm #3,653

Haven't had an #ex-purpleSolar (particularly this one) for a while, so wondered if GNE's finest had been doing overtime sorting out the bangs, rattles, shakes and squeaks.

If they do manage to sort them out, I reckon they should be awarded a Nobel prize or something.
Could be a great peice of PR for them, even if it means paying a little overtime.

Michael

11 Jul 2018, 5:30 pm #3,654
(11 Jul 2018, 5:28 pm)Andreos1 4989.

We wish, at least another year with it

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
11 Jul 2018, 5:30 pm #3,654

(11 Jul 2018, 5:28 pm)Andreos1 4989.

We wish, at least another year with it

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Andreos1

11 Jul 2018, 5:39 pm #3,655
(11 Jul 2018, 5:30 pm)Michael We wish, at least another year with it

Found the most suitable Nobel prize:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Prize_in_Physics

The fame and fortune which awaits the person who sorts out the bangs, rattles, squeaks and whatever else I said...
Imagine if they sort out the door on the Streetlites too?
The mind boggles at the fame and fortune which awaits Michael, it really does.

I am pretty confident in saying that the person who signed that document agreeing to the eminox upgrades and contractual obligations that came with it, won't be awarded the Economics equivelant...

Andreos1
11 Jul 2018, 5:39 pm #3,655

(11 Jul 2018, 5:30 pm)Michael We wish, at least another year with it

Found the most suitable Nobel prize:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nobel_Prize_in_Physics

The fame and fortune which awaits the person who sorts out the bangs, rattles, squeaks and whatever else I said...
Imagine if they sort out the door on the Streetlites too?
The mind boggles at the fame and fortune which awaits Michael, it really does.

I am pretty confident in saying that the person who signed that document agreeing to the eminox upgrades and contractual obligations that came with it, won't be awarded the Economics equivelant...

Jimmi

11 Jul 2018, 6:55 pm #3,656
Being spoken to (or rather shouted at) like a sack of crap by a taxi driver in Lancaster because I accidentally walked across the taxi rank without realising, I admitted to him it was done in error but he continued to play hell with me like I'm completely brain dead.
Jimmi
11 Jul 2018, 6:55 pm #3,656

Being spoken to (or rather shouted at) like a sack of crap by a taxi driver in Lancaster because I accidentally walked across the taxi rank without realising, I admitted to him it was done in error but he continued to play hell with me like I'm completely brain dead.

idiot

12 Jul 2018, 4:40 pm #3,657
The unread posts is still missing!
idiot
12 Jul 2018, 4:40 pm #3,657

The unread posts is still missing!

14 Jul 2018, 3:18 pm #3,658
Took a photo of an Arriva Solo in Durham Bus Station earlier today with my camera and it has mysteriously disappeared. Guess the only explanation is sometimes the memory card pops out due to it having being dropped a few times.

TEN 6083
14 Jul 2018, 3:18 pm #3,658

Took a photo of an Arriva Solo in Durham Bus Station earlier today with my camera and it has mysteriously disappeared. Guess the only explanation is sometimes the memory card pops out due to it having being dropped a few times.

James101

16 Jul 2018, 3:47 pm #3,659
One of those days transport wise.

Had to drop a rental van in Manchester and then return to my car in South Staffordshire. As I had nothing else to complete I thought I’d attempt the route by bus. Timings we’re wrong for going via Transpeak, Buxton and Stoke and a late 130 from Manchester Piccadilly sneaking past while I was in the shop scuppered hope of going via Macclesfield & Crewe.

Brainwave: Nat Ex to Penkridge & local bus from there. All good until a driver changeover at Stafford services took over 30 mins, bi-hourly connection missed. Kindly (but tardy) Nat Ex driver allowed me to ride to Wolverhampton where I could work backwords, hourly local bus this time. 

Nope, driver departs from different stop than indicated on timetable so another hour lost. Finally en route on the most tedious of Solos (the remotely interesting ex Lothian SPD on this route is of course on the opposite board) complete with the screamiest of children.
James101
16 Jul 2018, 3:47 pm #3,659

One of those days transport wise.

Had to drop a rental van in Manchester and then return to my car in South Staffordshire. As I had nothing else to complete I thought I’d attempt the route by bus. Timings we’re wrong for going via Transpeak, Buxton and Stoke and a late 130 from Manchester Piccadilly sneaking past while I was in the shop scuppered hope of going via Macclesfield & Crewe.

Brainwave: Nat Ex to Penkridge & local bus from there. All good until a driver changeover at Stafford services took over 30 mins, bi-hourly connection missed. Kindly (but tardy) Nat Ex driver allowed me to ride to Wolverhampton where I could work backwords, hourly local bus this time. 

Nope, driver departs from different stop than indicated on timetable so another hour lost. Finally en route on the most tedious of Solos (the remotely interesting ex Lothian SPD on this route is of course on the opposite board) complete with the screamiest of children.

Jimmi

06 Aug 2018, 2:04 pm #3,660
It's a while since I posted in here as I've now realized that many of my public rants in the past were totally overblown and this is what I've primarily become known for, leaving the impression that I am an angry little irritant when I'm really not (much Big Grin ), sadly the damage is done now and I will just have to live with that...

I'm going to break the silence today though to note that I'm absolutely gutted that my iPod Classic is no longer working, especially as this is one of the things that stops me going totally insane.
Jimmi
06 Aug 2018, 2:04 pm #3,660

It's a while since I posted in here as I've now realized that many of my public rants in the past were totally overblown and this is what I've primarily become known for, leaving the impression that I am an angry little irritant when I'm really not (much Big Grin ), sadly the damage is done now and I will just have to live with that...

I'm going to break the silence today though to note that I'm absolutely gutted that my iPod Classic is no longer working, especially as this is one of the things that stops me going totally insane.

Pages (191) Previous 1182 183 184191 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average