Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Rallies and events

Rallies and events

Rallies and events

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Andreos1

21 Mar 2017, 3:12 pm #41
(21 Mar 2017, 2:19 pm)Michael Visitors and residents alike will be able to hop on and off along the seafront for free this summer.

It's as a new vintage bus tour, is set to travel from the famous 'tram shelter' at Seaburn.

Every weekend during the holidays, buses from decades ago, will be providing a free hourly journey.

The circular route will pass Roker Pier, Wearmouth Bridge and Keel Square before returning to Seaburn sea front.

It's the brainchild of the volunteer charity - the North East Bus Preservation Trust, dedicated to preserving and showcasing vintage buses.

vintage buses Cllr John Kelly, Peter Elliiott, Ed Tutty

Chairman of the NEBPT, Peter Elliott, says:

"We've been looking for a way to bring our important collection of vintage vehicles to a wider audience and Sunderland sea front seems to be the perfect location. We're looking forward to welcoming youngsters, who've perhaps never seen a bus as old, and people who remember riding on these vehicles when they were younger."

"We already host a vintage bus event in Seaburn each year and this seemed like a very logical next step. The appeal of riding on vintage vehicles has already been shown to work well in other seaside areas. We also know that transport enthusiasts will travel long distances to ride on a piece of history so we'd like to think local business might see benefits too."

Vehicles that would have been common in decades stretching back to the 1960s will be motoring their way along the seafront once more. It is planned to feature different vehicles from the NEBPT collection on the route.

https://www.sun-fm.com/news/local/225109...is-summer/

I think this is an excellent idea. It has the potential to stir interest far beyond the visitors who may be able to get to a rally.

Without wanting to stir or cause aggro, I also hope that the reputation of some, doesn't sour or spoil what could be a great idea.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Mar 2017, 3:12 pm #41

(21 Mar 2017, 2:19 pm)Michael Visitors and residents alike will be able to hop on and off along the seafront for free this summer.

It's as a new vintage bus tour, is set to travel from the famous 'tram shelter' at Seaburn.

Every weekend during the holidays, buses from decades ago, will be providing a free hourly journey.

The circular route will pass Roker Pier, Wearmouth Bridge and Keel Square before returning to Seaburn sea front.

It's the brainchild of the volunteer charity - the North East Bus Preservation Trust, dedicated to preserving and showcasing vintage buses.

vintage buses Cllr John Kelly, Peter Elliiott, Ed Tutty

Chairman of the NEBPT, Peter Elliott, says:

"We've been looking for a way to bring our important collection of vintage vehicles to a wider audience and Sunderland sea front seems to be the perfect location. We're looking forward to welcoming youngsters, who've perhaps never seen a bus as old, and people who remember riding on these vehicles when they were younger."

"We already host a vintage bus event in Seaburn each year and this seemed like a very logical next step. The appeal of riding on vintage vehicles has already been shown to work well in other seaside areas. We also know that transport enthusiasts will travel long distances to ride on a piece of history so we'd like to think local business might see benefits too."

Vehicles that would have been common in decades stretching back to the 1960s will be motoring their way along the seafront once more. It is planned to feature different vehicles from the NEBPT collection on the route.

https://www.sun-fm.com/news/local/225109...is-summer/

I think this is an excellent idea. It has the potential to stir interest far beyond the visitors who may be able to get to a rally.

Without wanting to stir or cause aggro, I also hope that the reputation of some, doesn't sour or spoil what could be a great idea.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Michael

21 Mar 2017, 3:20 pm #42
(21 Mar 2017, 3:12 pm)Andreos1 I think this is an excellent idea. It has the potential to stir interest far beyond the visitors who may be able to get to a rally.

I'm thinking that too, looks to be running Every weekend during the holidays, buses from decades ago, will be providing a free hourly journey.

The collection includes a rare 1964 Sunderland Corporation Atkinson Alpha, a 1977 Sunderland Daimler Fleetline and a 1964 Bristol MW coach.

Visitors will be able to ride the buses on the circular tour for free during this first trial year of operation with no booking required on a first come first seated basis

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
21 Mar 2017, 3:20 pm #42

(21 Mar 2017, 3:12 pm)Andreos1 I think this is an excellent idea. It has the potential to stir interest far beyond the visitors who may be able to get to a rally.

I'm thinking that too, looks to be running Every weekend during the holidays, buses from decades ago, will be providing a free hourly journey.

The collection includes a rare 1964 Sunderland Corporation Atkinson Alpha, a 1977 Sunderland Daimler Fleetline and a 1964 Bristol MW coach.

Visitors will be able to ride the buses on the circular tour for free during this first trial year of operation with no booking required on a first come first seated basis

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

21 Mar 2017, 4:04 pm #43
It is worth noting that the trust also own KBB118D. I am not sure whether it is in a position to make a return to the roads yet, but here it is in more glorious days Smile

[Image: KBB118dnu.450.jpg]

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
21 Mar 2017, 4:04 pm #43

It is worth noting that the trust also own KBB118D. I am not sure whether it is in a position to make a return to the roads yet, but here it is in more glorious days Smile

[Image: KBB118dnu.450.jpg]

Malarkey

25 Mar 2017, 9:03 pm #44
Been having a think and as online community on NEB I think we should put our heads together and organise a new event for the North East Region which would start up in the Summer of 2018, would anyone be up for the challenge?

Before anyone thinks "Malarkey has lost the plot", think outside of box as to the advantages that NEB could use in setting up an event, that other groups don't have.
Edited 25 Mar 2017, 9:06 pm by Malarkey.
Malarkey
25 Mar 2017, 9:03 pm #44

Been having a think and as online community on NEB I think we should put our heads together and organise a new event for the North East Region which would start up in the Summer of 2018, would anyone be up for the challenge?

Before anyone thinks "Malarkey has lost the plot", think outside of box as to the advantages that NEB could use in setting up an event, that other groups don't have.

18 Apr 2017, 11:55 am #45
(25 Mar 2017, 9:03 pm)Malarkey Been having a think and as online community on NEB I think we should put our heads together and organise a new event for the North East Region which would start up in the Summer of 2018, would anyone be up for the challenge?

I have said this before. The NNRG are hoping to pull something together in 2018. We are also working towards a North East Showbus type event. Depending on who is organizing it we could be involved.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.
Craig Smith
18 Apr 2017, 11:55 am #45

(25 Mar 2017, 9:03 pm)Malarkey Been having a think and as online community on NEB I think we should put our heads together and organise a new event for the North East Region which would start up in the Summer of 2018, would anyone be up for the challenge?

I have said this before. The NNRG are hoping to pull something together in 2018. We are also working towards a North East Showbus type event. Depending on who is organizing it we could be involved.

Craig Smith. NNRG Operations Engineer. NNRG. Bus Preservationists of the North East.

Jimmi

11 May 2017, 4:11 pm #46
West Riding Bus Group are once again holding their Scarborough BusFest rally this Sunday (May 14th 2017). Event site is at Old North Bay, swimming pool car park with buses running shuttles around Scarborough.

Is anyone on here going to this?
Jimmi
11 May 2017, 4:11 pm #46

West Riding Bus Group are once again holding their Scarborough BusFest rally this Sunday (May 14th 2017). Event site is at Old North Bay, swimming pool car park with buses running shuttles around Scarborough.

S813 FVK

11 May 2017, 4:23 pm #47
(11 May 2017, 4:11 pm)Jimmi West Riding Bus Group are once again holding their Scarborough BusFest rally this Sunday (May 14th 2017). Event site is at Old North Bay, swimming pool car park with buses running shuttles around Scarborough.

Yes. The plan was to go down last year too but the Riverside open day thing stopped that from happening.
S813 FVK
11 May 2017, 4:23 pm #47

(11 May 2017, 4:11 pm)Jimmi West Riding Bus Group are once again holding their Scarborough BusFest rally this Sunday (May 14th 2017). Event site is at Old North Bay, swimming pool car park with buses running shuttles around Scarborough.

Yes. The plan was to go down last year too but the Riverside open day thing stopped that from happening.

Jimmi

11 May 2017, 4:26 pm #48
(11 May 2017, 4:23 pm)S813 FVK Yes. The plan was to go down last year too but the Riverside open day thing stopped that from happening.
I should be heading along this time, didn't go last year as I think I was exhausted from a long day out the previous day.
Jimmi
11 May 2017, 4:26 pm #48

(11 May 2017, 4:23 pm)S813 FVK Yes. The plan was to go down last year too but the Riverside open day thing stopped that from happening.
I should be heading along this time, didn't go last year as I think I was exhausted from a long day out the previous day.

11 May 2017, 10:56 pm #49
Should be attending on the Stagecarriage VR all going well.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
11 May 2017, 10:56 pm #49

Should be attending on the Stagecarriage VR all going well.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Jimmi

14 May 2017, 4:43 pm #50
I did enjoy myself today at Scarborough BusFest, was nice weather today, perfect weather for riding some open toppers along the sea front (apart from the brief shower when I was on the ex Shoreline Suncruisers MCW Metrobus) and got a few other winners as well. I was not impressed however by the fact that there was supposedly a run from the site into the town centre at 16:20 but the run didn't happen which was annoying but what was even more annoying was I didn't find out about this until about 16:35 when I overheared someone ask what the deal was, so to ensure that I made the 17:20 X93 back to Middlesbrough, I had to walk back to the town centre and I was left with no time to get any food.

Saw a few forum members about today, S813 FVK's identify remains a mystery though

I will now try to enjoy StreetLite 1561 all the way back to Middlesbrough on the X93.
Jimmi
14 May 2017, 4:43 pm #50

I did enjoy myself today at Scarborough BusFest, was nice weather today, perfect weather for riding some open toppers along the sea front (apart from the brief shower when I was on the ex Shoreline Suncruisers MCW Metrobus) and got a few other winners as well. I was not impressed however by the fact that there was supposedly a run from the site into the town centre at 16:20 but the run didn't happen which was annoying but what was even more annoying was I didn't find out about this until about 16:35 when I overheared someone ask what the deal was, so to ensure that I made the 17:20 X93 back to Middlesbrough, I had to walk back to the town centre and I was left with no time to get any food.

Saw a few forum members about today, S813 FVK's identify remains a mystery though

I will now try to enjoy StreetLite 1561 all the way back to Middlesbrough on the X93.

S813 FVK

14 May 2017, 5:57 pm #51
(14 May 2017, 4:43 pm)Jimmi I did enjoy myself today at Scarborough BusFest, was nice weather today, perfect weather for riding some open toppers along the sea front (apart from the brief shower when I was on the ex Shoreline Suncruisers MCW Metrobus) and got a few other winners as well. I was not impressed however by the fact that there was supposedly a run from the site into the town centre at 16:20 but the run didn't happen which was annoying but what was even more annoying was I didn't find out about this until about 16:35 when I overheared someone ask what the deal was, so to ensure that I made the 17:20 X93 back to Middlesbrough, I had to walk back to the town centre and I was left with no time to get any food.

The 16:20 did operate but was around 15 minutes late so was changed to only do a one-way trip into the Town Centre rather than the full loop as planned.
S813 FVK
14 May 2017, 5:57 pm #51

(14 May 2017, 4:43 pm)Jimmi I did enjoy myself today at Scarborough BusFest, was nice weather today, perfect weather for riding some open toppers along the sea front (apart from the brief shower when I was on the ex Shoreline Suncruisers MCW Metrobus) and got a few other winners as well. I was not impressed however by the fact that there was supposedly a run from the site into the town centre at 16:20 but the run didn't happen which was annoying but what was even more annoying was I didn't find out about this until about 16:35 when I overheared someone ask what the deal was, so to ensure that I made the 17:20 X93 back to Middlesbrough, I had to walk back to the town centre and I was left with no time to get any food.

The 16:20 did operate but was around 15 minutes late so was changed to only do a one-way trip into the Town Centre rather than the full loop as planned.

Jimmi

14 May 2017, 6:00 pm #52
(14 May 2017, 5:57 pm)S813 FVK The 16:20 did operate but was around 15 minutes late so was changed to only do a one-way trip into the Town Centre rather than the full loop as planned.
Oh right. Think I could see a bus about to go out but didn't want to risk waiting any longer there as I had to catch the 17:20 X93 back to Boro.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
Jimmi
14 May 2017, 6:00 pm #52

(14 May 2017, 5:57 pm)S813 FVK The 16:20 did operate but was around 15 minutes late so was changed to only do a one-way trip into the Town Centre rather than the full loop as planned.
Oh right. Think I could see a bus about to go out but didn't want to risk waiting any longer there as I had to catch the 17:20 X93 back to Boro.

S813 FVK

14 May 2017, 6:07 pm #53
(14 May 2017, 6:00 pm)Jimmi Oh right. Think I could see a bus about to go out but didn't want to risk waiting any longer there as I had to catch the 17:20 X93 back to Boro.

Communication could have definitely been improved - it took a while for the bus (Bristol LH AFB 586V) to actually pull forward to load up too. Other than that, it seemed like a nice little event
S813 FVK
14 May 2017, 6:07 pm #53

(14 May 2017, 6:00 pm)Jimmi Oh right. Think I could see a bus about to go out but didn't want to risk waiting any longer there as I had to catch the 17:20 X93 back to Boro.

Communication could have definitely been improved - it took a while for the bus (Bristol LH AFB 586V) to actually pull forward to load up too. Other than that, it seemed like a nice little event

Jimmi

14 May 2017, 6:15 pm #54
(14 May 2017, 6:07 pm)S813 FVK Communication could have definitely been improved - it took a while for the bus (Bristol LH AFB 586V) to actually pull forward to load up too. Other than that, it seemed like a nice little event
My annoyance wasn't so much that the issues with the shuttle in question, it was being left in the dark about it, just a quick explanation as to what was going on would have been nice and most helpful as I could have utilised the time I spent waiting to instead grab something to eat from either the burger van or a chippy and walk back into Scarborough Town Centre with plenty of time to spare, instead I'm now going to have 30 minutes in Middlesbrough between the X93 arriving and my train departing to go to McDonald's and get something to eat.

Other than that, it was actually a pretty good day out, especially as the weather was nice today as well.
Jimmi
14 May 2017, 6:15 pm #54

(14 May 2017, 6:07 pm)S813 FVK Communication could have definitely been improved - it took a while for the bus (Bristol LH AFB 586V) to actually pull forward to load up too. Other than that, it seemed like a nice little event
My annoyance wasn't so much that the issues with the shuttle in question, it was being left in the dark about it, just a quick explanation as to what was going on would have been nice and most helpful as I could have utilised the time I spent waiting to instead grab something to eat from either the burger van or a chippy and walk back into Scarborough Town Centre with plenty of time to spare, instead I'm now going to have 30 minutes in Middlesbrough between the X93 arriving and my train departing to go to McDonald's and get something to eat.

Other than that, it was actually a pretty good day out, especially as the weather was nice today as well.

citaro5284

14 May 2017, 6:41 pm #55

Adrian was looking for you, we thought you must not have been there  Tongue
citaro5284
14 May 2017, 6:41 pm #55

Adrian was looking for you, we thought you must not have been there  Tongue

Jimmi

14 May 2017, 7:14 pm #56
(14 May 2017, 6:41 pm)citaro5284 Adrian was looking for you, we thought you must not have been there 
Really? Can honestly say that I did not see Adrian at any point today.
Jimmi
14 May 2017, 7:14 pm #56

(14 May 2017, 6:41 pm)citaro5284 Adrian was looking for you, we thought you must not have been there 
Really? Can honestly say that I did not see Adrian at any point today.

Adrian

14 May 2017, 7:26 pm #57
(14 May 2017, 7:14 pm)Jimmi Really? Can honestly say that I did not see Adrian at any point today.

To be honest, I didn't hang around the site much. Just doing shuttles back and forth most of the day... well that and popping back for a slush refill!

Adrian
14 May 2017, 7:26 pm #57

(14 May 2017, 7:14 pm)Jimmi Really? Can honestly say that I did not see Adrian at any point today.

To be honest, I didn't hang around the site much. Just doing shuttles back and forth most of the day... well that and popping back for a slush refill!

Jimmi

14 May 2017, 7:31 pm #58
(14 May 2017, 7:26 pm)Adrian To be honest, I didn't hang around the site much. Just doing shuttles back and forth most of the day... well that and popping back for a slush refill!
Same here really, was much a case of jump off one bus and straight onto the next one going out. I don't like standing about for long at these things usually, normally only stand around if I have someone to chat to which I didn't have much of today.
Jimmi
14 May 2017, 7:31 pm #58

(14 May 2017, 7:26 pm)Adrian To be honest, I didn't hang around the site much. Just doing shuttles back and forth most of the day... well that and popping back for a slush refill!
Same here really, was much a case of jump off one bus and straight onto the next one going out. I don't like standing about for long at these things usually, normally only stand around if I have someone to chat to which I didn't have much of today.

15 May 2017, 12:25 pm #59
Photos of yesterdays day out and rally in Scarborough start from here on my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

Rapidsnap
15 May 2017, 12:25 pm #59

Photos of yesterdays day out and rally in Scarborough start from here on my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/

23 Aug 2017, 4:37 am #60
Thirlwell Coaches are having an open day this Thursday 24 August at their depot in Swalwell from 9:30 onwards.

[Image: 32872d2f5c030ec40799347491997f2c.jpg]

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
23 Aug 2017, 4:37 am #60

Thirlwell Coaches are having an open day this Thursday 24 August at their depot in Swalwell from 9:30 onwards.

[Image: 32872d2f5c030ec40799347491997f2c.jpg]

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

Pages (5): Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average