Login Register
North East Buses Bus Events Bus Events (North East)
Rallies and events
(14/05/2017, 18:43)Jimmi Wrote: I did enjoy myself today at Scarborough BusFest, was nice weather today, perfect weather for riding some open toppers along the sea front (apart from the brief shower when I was on the ex Shoreline Suncruisers MCW Metrobus) and got a few other winners as well. I was not impressed however by the fact that there was supposedly a run from the site into the town centre at 16:20 but the run didn't happen which was annoying but what was even more annoying was I didn't find out about this until about 16:35 when I overheared someone ask what the deal was, so to ensure that I made the 17:20 X93 back to Middlesbrough, I had to walk back to the town centre and I was left with no time to get any food.

Saw a few forum members about today, S813 FVK's identify remains a mystery though

I will now try to enjoy StreetLite 1561 all the way back to Middlesbrough on the X93.

The 16:20 did operate but was around 15 minutes late so was changed to only do a one-way trip into the Town Centre rather than the full loop as planned.
(14/05/2017, 19:57)S813 FVK Wrote: The 16:20 did operate but was around 15 minutes late so was changed to only do a one-way trip into the Town Centre rather than the full loop as planned.
Oh right. Think I could see a bus about to go out but didn't want to risk waiting any longer there as I had to catch the 17:20 X93 back to Boro.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk
(14/05/2017, 20:00)Jimmi Wrote: Oh right. Think I could see a bus about to go out but didn't want to risk waiting any longer there as I had to catch the 17:20 X93 back to Boro.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Communication could have definitely been improved - it took a while for the bus (Bristol LH AFB 586V) to actually pull forward to load up too. Other than that, it seemed like a nice little event
(14/05/2017, 20:07)S813 FVK Wrote: Communication could have definitely been improved - it took a while for the bus (Bristol LH AFB 586V) to actually pull forward to load up too. Other than that, it seemed like a nice little event
My annoyance wasn't so much that the issues with the shuttle in question, it was being left in the dark about it, just a quick explanation as to what was going on would have been nice and most helpful as I could have utilised the time I spent waiting to instead grab something to eat from either the burger van or a chippy and walk back into Scarborough Town Centre with plenty of time to spare, instead I'm now going to have 30 minutes in Middlesbrough between the X93 arriving and my train departing to go to McDonald's and get something to eat.

Other than that, it was actually a pretty good day out, especially as the weather was nice today as well.
(14/05/2017, 18:43)Jimmi Wrote: I did enjoy myself today at Scarborough BusFest, was nice weather today, perfect weather for riding some open toppers along the sea front (apart from the brief shower when I was on the ex Shoreline Suncruisers MCW Metrobus) and got a few other winners as well. I was not impressed however by the fact that there was supposedly a run from the site into the town centre at 16:20 but the run didn't happen which was annoying but what was even more annoying was I didn't find out about this until about 16:35 when I overheared someone ask what the deal was, so to ensure that I made the 17:20 X93 back to Middlesbrough, I had to walk back to the town centre and I was left with no time to get any food.

Saw a few forum members about today, S813 FVK's identify remains a mystery though

I will now try to enjoy StreetLite 1561 all the way back to Middlesbrough on the X93.

Adrian was looking for you, we thought you must not have been there  Tongue
(14/05/2017, 20:41)citaro5284 Wrote: Adrian was looking for you, we thought you must not have been there 
Really? Can honestly say that I did not see Adrian at any point today.
(14/05/2017, 21:14)Jimmi Wrote: Really? Can honestly say that I did not see Adrian at any point today.

To be honest, I didn't hang around the site much. Just doing shuttles back and forth most of the day... well that and popping back for a slush refill!
(14/05/2017, 21:26)Adrian Wrote: To be honest, I didn't hang around the site much. Just doing shuttles back and forth most of the day... well that and popping back for a slush refill!
Same here really, was much a case of jump off one bus and straight onto the next one going out. I don't like standing about for long at these things usually, normally only stand around if I have someone to chat to which I didn't have much of today.
Photos of yesterdays day out and rally in Scarborough start from here on my Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photog...ateposted/
Visit my Website - http://www.gjm-photogenic.co.uk
Proud to be a Brony - And probably one least liked enthusiasts in the North East due to my attitude but guess what, I don't give a flying feather.
Thirlwell Coaches are having an open day this Thursday 24 August at their depot in Swalwell from 9:30 onwards.

[Image: https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2017082...997f2c.jpg]

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk