Login Register
North East Buses The Canteen Competition Monthly Photo Competition
RE: Monthly Photo Competition
Fair play. Only looked and seen there wasn't an 'April 2013' thread, so looked away. I suppose that would have been too easy. Smile
Forum Moderator  |  [Image: aZkGbTJ.png] Find us on facebook

[Image: 37ddf46edeb0954ca9124c465bc2006e.png]
Competition for 2015:

Hi Guys,
I am thinking of possibly re-starting this competition next year. Sadly, this year, I just wasn’t getting enough entries to justify it running. However, if I can get enough interest for this year, I may restart it.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve it?
I was just thinking about this the other day.

One I would suggest, would be that the photos put forward, aren't already in the public domain I.e on Flickr.

The themes or challenges are interesting, but may automatically limit those who enter.
'Illegitimis non carborundum'
(17/12/2014, 20:10)Andreos1 Wrote: I was just thinking about this the other day.

One I would suggest, would be that the photos put forward, aren't already in the public domain I.e on Flickr.

The themes or challenges are interesting, but may automatically limit those who enter.

Not a bad idea.
I was also thinking about going between maybe ''Guess the Bus/Location'' and the photo competition to give everyone a chance?
To back on what @Andreos1 has said, why not stipulate that the photo has to be taken in the competition month? We do something similar at work for general photography, and it works very well, encouraging people to get out with their cameras rather than plucking something out of their archive.

(17/12/2014, 21:57)aureolin Wrote: To back on what @Andreos1 has said, why not stipulate that the photo has to be taken in the competition month? We do something similar at work for general photography, and it works very well, encouraging people to get out with their cameras rather than plucking something out of their archive.

Oh right then!
Do you think it will get more intrest? 
(17/12/2014, 22:01)Tom Wrote: Oh right then!
Do you think it will get more intrest? 
No idea to be honest, but old format didn't work, so gotta be worth a try. Maybe shift it to bi-monthly too, to give people more of a chance to get the said photo?

(17/12/2014, 22:04)aureolin Wrote: No idea to be honest, but old format didn't work, so gotta be worth a try. Maybe shift it to bi-monthly too, to give people more of a chance to get the said photo?

Yeah - possibly could work.
Maybe with a round of guess the bus in between?
Perhaps come up with a few different options, and see what folk prefer? Smile

(17/12/2014, 22:14)aureolin Wrote: Perhaps come up with a few different options, and see what folk prefer? Smile

Yeah - I was thinking of either Guess the Bus orGuess the Location.
Does anyone have any other suggestions?

So maybe it could work in a format like this:
January - Photo Competition Theme Announced and Guess the Bus etc.  
Mid-February - Entering stage ends, voting announced.
Then the cycle repeats.