Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - December 2015

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (28): Previous 126 27 28
L469 YVK

31 Dec 2015, 2:52 pm #541
(31 Dec 2015, 1:49 pm)Adrian Bad idea imo. Compared to an Arriva Sapphire or MAX route, then they'd have to give people their money back, if they complained about the advertised features not being available.

But Arriva use this get out clause though in their Sapphire charter:

"Whilst we will make every effort to ensure
that a Sapphire bus is provided at all times we may occasionally have to operate an Arriva bus
replacement"

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/globalassets...harter.pdf

The money back guarentee mainly covers the following:

- Auxillary features not working (WiFi, Power, NSA etc).
- Bus running late within Arriva's control.
- Bus broken down (7501 et al).
- Driver not in correct uniform.
- Poor customer service.
L469 YVK
31 Dec 2015, 2:52 pm #541

(31 Dec 2015, 1:49 pm)Adrian Bad idea imo. Compared to an Arriva Sapphire or MAX route, then they'd have to give people their money back, if they complained about the advertised features not being available.

But Arriva use this get out clause though in their Sapphire charter:

"Whilst we will make every effort to ensure
that a Sapphire bus is provided at all times we may occasionally have to operate an Arriva bus
replacement"

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/globalassets...harter.pdf

The money back guarentee mainly covers the following:

- Auxillary features not working (WiFi, Power, NSA etc).
- Bus running late within Arriva's control.
- Bus broken down (7501 et al).
- Driver not in correct uniform.
- Poor customer service.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2015, 3:05 pm #542
(31 Dec 2015, 2:17 pm)Adrian You'd expect the extra features available on the Streetdecks, to be more attractive to those that don't use the service at present. Perhaps having free WiFi, comfortable seating and power sockets, will win commuters over from the train? It's not exactly great when those peak time extras, put in there to help with the commuter loadings, will be ran by 10 year old buses without any of that. If I was commuting that route, I'd deliberately avoid the extras.

I'm actually surprised a couple of spares weren't ordered for Chester, as they could have been used on the 21 too.

I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head, but I think that Gold Standard refunds only applied if your journey was delayed by 30 minutes or more? Whereas Arriva's is just for the sake of contacting them about it. Although you never actually got a refund in either case. Smile

I know that the 17:20 journey from Newcastle to Durham regularly throws up Chester-le-Street's red Streetlite if it has been kept local on service 34 during the day, but this is mostly because the bus works the 889 scholars service from Park View, which goes under a low-bridge at Pelton. Other than that, Scanias all around (interworking with services 13/14). I would hope that the spare Scania L94, if not required for the DU2 service, would be allocated to one of these running boards so Wi-Fi as a minimum would be provided on some of the X21 extras.

The Gold Standard guarantee was as follows:
  • If events within our control lead to a journey being delayed by 20 minutes or more we will refund the fare via voucher of BuzzFare ticket
  • If events within our control mean no journey is provided within 30 minutes of schedule time we would refund the cost of a taxi
Arriva should really say something similar to this, instead of 'no-quibble money-back guarantee' (when you don't ever get your money back!)
Dan
31 Dec 2015, 3:05 pm #542

(31 Dec 2015, 2:17 pm)Adrian You'd expect the extra features available on the Streetdecks, to be more attractive to those that don't use the service at present. Perhaps having free WiFi, comfortable seating and power sockets, will win commuters over from the train? It's not exactly great when those peak time extras, put in there to help with the commuter loadings, will be ran by 10 year old buses without any of that. If I was commuting that route, I'd deliberately avoid the extras.

I'm actually surprised a couple of spares weren't ordered for Chester, as they could have been used on the 21 too.

I'm not 100% sure off the top of my head, but I think that Gold Standard refunds only applied if your journey was delayed by 30 minutes or more? Whereas Arriva's is just for the sake of contacting them about it. Although you never actually got a refund in either case. Smile

I know that the 17:20 journey from Newcastle to Durham regularly throws up Chester-le-Street's red Streetlite if it has been kept local on service 34 during the day, but this is mostly because the bus works the 889 scholars service from Park View, which goes under a low-bridge at Pelton. Other than that, Scanias all around (interworking with services 13/14). I would hope that the spare Scania L94, if not required for the DU2 service, would be allocated to one of these running boards so Wi-Fi as a minimum would be provided on some of the X21 extras.

• If events within our control lead to a journey being delayed by 20 minutes or more we will refund the fare via voucher of BuzzFare ticket
  • If events within our control mean no journey is provided within 30 minutes of schedule time we would refund the cost of a taxi
Arriva should really say something similar to this, instead of 'no-quibble money-back guarantee' (when you don't ever get your money back!)

31 Dec 2015, 3:08 pm #543
(31 Dec 2015, 3:05 pm)Dan I know that the 17:20 journey from Newcastle to Durham regularly throws up Chester-le-Street's red Streetlite if it has been kept local on service 34 during the day, but this is mostly because the bus works the 889 scholars service from Park View, which goes under a low-bridge at Pelton. Other than that, Scanias all around (interworking with services 13/14). I would hope that the spare Scania L94, if not required for the DU2 service, would be allocated to one of these running boards so Wi-Fi as a minimum would be provided on some of the X21 extras.

Have to say I haven't notice this occurring as much as it used to when 5409 was based at Chester-le-Street, and when it was swapped with 5401. Guess it's just a case of being in the right place at the right time.
R852 PRG
31 Dec 2015, 3:08 pm #543

(31 Dec 2015, 3:05 pm)Dan I know that the 17:20 journey from Newcastle to Durham regularly throws up Chester-le-Street's red Streetlite if it has been kept local on service 34 during the day, but this is mostly because the bus works the 889 scholars service from Park View, which goes under a low-bridge at Pelton. Other than that, Scanias all around (interworking with services 13/14). I would hope that the spare Scania L94, if not required for the DU2 service, would be allocated to one of these running boards so Wi-Fi as a minimum would be provided on some of the X21 extras.

Have to say I haven't notice this occurring as much as it used to when 5409 was based at Chester-le-Street, and when it was swapped with 5401. Guess it's just a case of being in the right place at the right time.

Diamond One

Banned

31 Dec 2015, 3:40 pm #544
(31 Dec 2015, 2:05 pm)Michael Not sure, you could be right though... but what about the Streetlites and Solo's?

Euro 5 but it could be euro 6 but we will all find out nearer to when they enter service
Diamond One
31 Dec 2015, 3:40 pm #544

(31 Dec 2015, 2:05 pm)Michael Not sure, you could be right though... but what about the Streetlites and Solo's?

Euro 5 but it could be euro 6 but we will all find out nearer to when they enter service

31 Dec 2015, 5:56 pm #545
(31 Dec 2015, 3:40 pm)Diamond One Euro 5 but it could be euro 6 but we will all find out nearer to when they enter service

All will have to be Euro 6 as the deadline for all Euro 5 engines to be in the UK is by midnight tonight.

Streetdecks are only available with Euro 6 Daimlers.
The last Euro 5 Streetlites have been built.
The Solos ( If dealer stock ) will be Euro 5 but if bought and specked like Indigos Solos then they will be Euro 6 with the same Daimler engines that will be found in the Streetdecks and Streetlites.
South Tyne Lad
31 Dec 2015, 5:56 pm #545

(31 Dec 2015, 3:40 pm)Diamond One Euro 5 but it could be euro 6 but we will all find out nearer to when they enter service

All will have to be Euro 6 as the deadline for all Euro 5 engines to be in the UK is by midnight tonight.

The Solos ( If dealer stock ) will be Euro 5 but if bought and specked like Indigos Solos then they will be Euro 6 with the same Daimler engines that will be found in the Streetdecks and Streetlites.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2015, 5:58 pm #546
(31 Dec 2015, 5:56 pm)South Tyne Lad All will have to be Euro 6 as the deadline for all Euro 5 engines to be in the UK is by midnight tonight.

What if all of the new vehicles are already in build?
Dan
31 Dec 2015, 5:58 pm #546

(31 Dec 2015, 5:56 pm)South Tyne Lad All will have to be Euro 6 as the deadline for all Euro 5 engines to be in the UK is by midnight tonight.

What if all of the new vehicles are already in build?

31 Dec 2015, 6:08 pm #547
(31 Dec 2015, 5:58 pm)Dan What if all of the new vehicles are already in build?

Highly doubt it as Wrightbus and ADL have all together stopped making Euro 5 models and as each bus takes around 2 months on average to build means they stopped building them around October with the last ones being registered this month.

Optare however have been continuing to Build Euro 5 Solos till now so giving there are still Euro 5 Mercedes engines in the uk, Theres a chance the solos could be Euro 5 if they start building the GNE Solos in January, Ready for there projected March entry into service.
South Tyne Lad
31 Dec 2015, 6:08 pm #547

(31 Dec 2015, 5:58 pm)Dan What if all of the new vehicles are already in build?

Highly doubt it as Wrightbus and ADL have all together stopped making Euro 5 models and as each bus takes around 2 months on average to build means they stopped building them around October with the last ones being registered this month.

Optare however have been continuing to Build Euro 5 Solos till now so giving there are still Euro 5 Mercedes engines in the uk, Theres a chance the solos could be Euro 5 if they start building the GNE Solos in January, Ready for there projected March entry into service.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2015, 6:11 pm #548
(31 Dec 2015, 6:08 pm)South Tyne Lad Highly doubt it as Wrightbus and ADL have all together stopped making Euro 5 models and as each bus takes around 2 months on average to build means they stopped building them around October with the last ones being registered this month.

I'll hold you to that one!  Rolleyes
Dan
31 Dec 2015, 6:11 pm #548

(31 Dec 2015, 6:08 pm)South Tyne Lad Highly doubt it as Wrightbus and ADL have all together stopped making Euro 5 models and as each bus takes around 2 months on average to build means they stopped building them around October with the last ones being registered this month.

I'll hold you to that one!  Rolleyes

Kuyoyo

31 Dec 2015, 6:23 pm #549
There is no Euro5 Deadline set in stone for the UK. The manufacturers plan to phase Euro5 construction out in the first Quarter of the 2016/2017 financial year - which of course starts in March.
Kuyoyo
31 Dec 2015, 6:23 pm #549

There is no Euro5 Deadline set in stone for the UK. The manufacturers plan to phase Euro5 construction out in the first Quarter of the 2016/2017 financial year - which of course starts in March.

31 Dec 2015, 6:46 pm #550
(31 Dec 2015, 6:23 pm)Kuyoyo There is no Euro5 Deadline set in stone for the UK. The manufacturers plan to phase Euro5 construction out in the first Quarter of the 2016/2017 financial year - which of course starts in March.

But there's a deadline for Euro 5 Engine Import/Manufacture though and that's in place from Midnight tonight.
Bus Manufacturers will continue to make Euro 5 Buses, As long as there's enough engines waiting to be used.
South Tyne Lad
31 Dec 2015, 6:46 pm #550

(31 Dec 2015, 6:23 pm)Kuyoyo There is no Euro5 Deadline set in stone for the UK. The manufacturers plan to phase Euro5 construction out in the first Quarter of the 2016/2017 financial year - which of course starts in March.

But there's a deadline for Euro 5 Engine Import/Manufacture though and that's in place from Midnight tonight.
Bus Manufacturers will continue to make Euro 5 Buses, As long as there's enough engines waiting to be used.

L469 YVK

31 Dec 2015, 6:47 pm #551

Is the Cummins 4.5 unit available as Euro 6 in the Streetlite?

I wonder if operators provide feedback to Wrightbus requesting a more powerful engine whether or not they'd end up offering the ISBe 6.7 like whats fitted in the Enviro 400MMC. 

If they did that coupled with a ZF even with no kickdown, they'd go like rockets.
L469 YVK
31 Dec 2015, 6:47 pm #551

Is the Cummins 4.5 unit available as Euro 6 in the Streetlite?

I wonder if operators provide feedback to Wrightbus requesting a more powerful engine whether or not they'd end up offering the ISBe 6.7 like whats fitted in the Enviro 400MMC. 

If they did that coupled with a ZF even with no kickdown, they'd go like rockets.

31 Dec 2015, 6:51 pm #552
(31 Dec 2015, 6:47 pm)DaveyBowyer Is the Cummins 4.5 unit available as Euro 6 in the Streetlite?

No its not only the Daimler unit with a Voith DIWA 6 with early gear changes and no kickdowns.
I believe the ZF Ecolife is too heavy duty a box to be on ISBes that's why ADL has never been able to include them in the E200 range.
The ZF AS-Tronic Automated Semi Auto found in the E200MMC is the only ZF Capable of operating with a smaller engine like the ISBe
South Tyne Lad
31 Dec 2015, 6:51 pm #552

(31 Dec 2015, 6:47 pm)DaveyBowyer Is the Cummins 4.5 unit available as Euro 6 in the Streetlite?

No its not only the Daimler unit with a Voith DIWA 6 with early gear changes and no kickdowns.
I believe the ZF Ecolife is too heavy duty a box to be on ISBes that's why ADL has never been able to include them in the E200 range.
The ZF AS-Tronic Automated Semi Auto found in the E200MMC is the only ZF Capable of operating with a smaller engine like the ISBe

Kuyoyo

31 Dec 2015, 6:54 pm #553

In the original Euro6 Streetlite brochure, both Cummins and Daimler engines were listed as available. However, as yet, I don't think there's been any orders for Euro6 Cummins engines in Streetlites.

As for Euro5, every article I've read has never mentioned a deadline date for impoting engines.
Kuyoyo
31 Dec 2015, 6:54 pm #553

In the original Euro6 Streetlite brochure, both Cummins and Daimler engines were listed as available. However, as yet, I don't think there's been any orders for Euro6 Cummins engines in Streetlites.

As for Euro5, every article I've read has never mentioned a deadline date for impoting engines.

L469 YVK

31 Dec 2015, 7:33 pm #554
(31 Dec 2015, 6:51 pm)South Tyne Lad No its not only the Daimler unit with a Voith DIWA 6 with early gear changes and no kickdowns.

In terms of ZF, I was referring to the Streetdeck coupled with a 6.7 Cummins Engine which is an ISBe which if fitted to a Streetdeck, would go like a rocket. I don't think Wrightbus (or Volvo for that matter) will revert back to Heavyweight engines but if operators were willing to sacrafise fuel economy with a bigger engine, then I think coupled with a lightweight body that the Cummins 6.7 would be a good compromise.
L469 YVK
31 Dec 2015, 7:33 pm #554

(31 Dec 2015, 6:51 pm)South Tyne Lad No its not only the Daimler unit with a Voith DIWA 6 with early gear changes and no kickdowns.

In terms of ZF, I was referring to the Streetdeck coupled with a 6.7 Cummins Engine which is an ISBe which if fitted to a Streetdeck, would go like a rocket. I don't think Wrightbus (or Volvo for that matter) will revert back to Heavyweight engines but if operators were willing to sacrafise fuel economy with a bigger engine, then I think coupled with a lightweight body that the Cummins 6.7 would be a good compromise.

Pages (28): Previous 126 27 28

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average