Menu

North East Buses The Site Problems & Suggestions Ignoring Member Problems

Ignoring Member Problems

Ignoring Member Problems

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

07 Jun 2015, 4:40 pm #1
I recently put a member under the ignore catergory on here, but however, it is also causing posts be other members to end up being hidden.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
07 Jun 2015, 4:40 pm #1

I recently put a member under the ignore catergory on here, but however, it is also causing posts be other members to end up being hidden.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm #2
(07 Jun 2015, 4:40 pm)GMitchelhill I recently put a member under the ignore catergory on here, but however, it is also causing posts be other members to end up being hidden.

I don't think many forum members have used the 'ignore' feature in the past, so we haven't really had to deal with any issues with it in the past.

Just so I can give Liam the heads up - are the posts from other members quoting a post made by the member you 'ignored', or someone completely different?
Dan
07 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm #2

(07 Jun 2015, 4:40 pm)GMitchelhill I recently put a member under the ignore catergory on here, but however, it is also causing posts be other members to end up being hidden.

I don't think many forum members have used the 'ignore' feature in the past, so we haven't really had to deal with any issues with it in the past.

Just so I can give Liam the heads up - are the posts from other members quoting a post made by the member you 'ignored', or someone completely different?

07 Jun 2015, 5:19 pm #3
(07 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm)Dan I don't think many forum members have used the 'ignore' feature in the past, so we haven't really had to deal with any issues with it in the past.

I couldn't see anything that they had written being quoted in the replies. Just that unhiding one message from one person caused around another 5 from various others who aren't on the ignore list to appear.

Rapidsnap
07 Jun 2015, 5:19 pm #3

(07 Jun 2015, 4:53 pm)Dan I don't think many forum members have used the 'ignore' feature in the past, so we haven't really had to deal with any issues with it in the past.

I couldn't see anything that they had written being quoted in the replies. Just that unhiding one message from one person caused around another 5 from various others who aren't on the ignore list to appear.

MurdnunoC

07 Jun 2015, 7:21 pm #4
Although I haven't ignored anyone specifically, I have played with the ignore feature previously and have encountered the same problems Gary identifies. If you ignore one user, it seems a series of posts are hidden shortly after that user has posted - usually the rest of the page. However, if another member quotes someone on the ignore list, you are able to see what has been quoted if it appears on another page.

It's strange.
MurdnunoC
07 Jun 2015, 7:21 pm #4

Although I haven't ignored anyone specifically, I have played with the ignore feature previously and have encountered the same problems Gary identifies. If you ignore one user, it seems a series of posts are hidden shortly after that user has posted - usually the rest of the page. However, if another member quotes someone on the ignore list, you are able to see what has been quoted if it appears on another page.

It's strange.

Andreos1

08 Jun 2015, 11:18 am #5
It seems to be like a filter and until you click 'un-hide', the rest of the thread isn't visible at all.

By clicking un-hide, then everything is shown - including the posts from the member, you are trying to ignore... until that person has then posted again.

So if the ignored person has had a spell of frequent posting, you are constantly having to click un-hide.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 Jun 2015, 11:18 am #5

It seems to be like a filter and until you click 'un-hide', the rest of the thread isn't visible at all.

By clicking un-hide, then everything is shown - including the posts from the member, you are trying to ignore... until that person has then posted again.

So if the ignored person has had a spell of frequent posting, you are constantly having to click un-hide.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

08 Jun 2015, 11:04 pm #6
Yeah, I have to unignore the person concerned otherwise I am having to keep clicking un-hire

Rapidsnap
08 Jun 2015, 11:04 pm #6

Yeah, I have to unignore the person concerned otherwise I am having to keep clicking un-hire

Dan

Site Administrator

09 Jun 2015, 6:05 am #7
Apologies!

We are overdue a minor MyBB software update but I can't see anything about the ignore feature in the list of fixes.

If I get 5 tonight, I'll try and get that update done.
Dan
09 Jun 2015, 6:05 am #7

Apologies!

We are overdue a minor MyBB software update but I can't see anything about the ignore feature in the list of fixes.

If I get 5 tonight, I'll try and get that update done.

Davie

Banned

17 Jun 2015, 1:14 pm #8
I have ignored a member, but I can't read any posts on threads by anyone unless I press a "Show this post" button
Davie
17 Jun 2015, 1:14 pm #8

I have ignored a member, but I can't read any posts on threads by anyone unless I press a "Show this post" button

26 Sep 2015, 11:20 pm #9
(17 Jun 2015, 1:14 pm)Davie I have ignored a member, but I can't read any posts on threads by anyone unless I press a "Show this post" button

This is the same for me; as mentioned usually the rest of that thread's page remains hidden.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
26 Sep 2015, 11:20 pm #9

(17 Jun 2015, 1:14 pm)Davie I have ignored a member, but I can't read any posts on threads by anyone unless I press a "Show this post" button

This is the same for me; as mentioned usually the rest of that thread's page remains hidden.

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

04 Dec 2015, 4:24 pm #10
(04 Dec 2015, 4:22 pm)V334LGC I'd possibly ignore NK53 TKT.

"Every member deserves to be treated with respect. Posts which are welcoming create a friendly environment which all members will feel comfortable in. Do not post material which in any way discriminates against, or provokes, any person or group of persons. Some users wish to remain anonymous; do not post information that may lead to the personal details of any individual being identified without their permission, unless already publicly available. Targeting others - directly or indirectly - will not be tolerated."

More: http://www.northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/mi...ction=help&hid=8
omnicity4659
04 Dec 2015, 4:24 pm #10

(04 Dec 2015, 4:22 pm)V334LGC I'd possibly ignore NK53 TKT.

"Every member deserves to be treated with respect. Posts which are welcoming create a friendly environment which all members will feel comfortable in. Do not post material which in any way discriminates against, or provokes, any person or group of persons. Some users wish to remain anonymous; do not post information that may lead to the personal details of any individual being identified without their permission, unless already publicly available. Targeting others - directly or indirectly - will not be tolerated."

V334LGC

04 Dec 2015, 4:26 pm #11
(04 Dec 2015, 4:24 pm)GX03 SVC "Every member deserves to be treated with respect. Posts which are welcoming create a friendly environment which all members will feel comfortable in. Do not post material which in any way discriminates against, or provokes, any person or group of persons. Some users wish to remain anonymous; do not post information that may lead to the personal details of any individual being identified without their permission, unless already publicly available. Targeting others - directly or indirectly - will not be tolerated."

Dont worry. I deleted it.

Favourite buses Smile : E400s, pulsars, Presidents
Hated buses Sad : MPDs, SPDs, Lolynes, Lowlanders, Vykings, Streetlites and Street-wrecks.
V334LGC
04 Dec 2015, 4:26 pm #11

(04 Dec 2015, 4:24 pm)GX03 SVC "Every member deserves to be treated with respect. Posts which are welcoming create a friendly environment which all members will feel comfortable in. Do not post material which in any way discriminates against, or provokes, any person or group of persons. Some users wish to remain anonymous; do not post information that may lead to the personal details of any individual being identified without their permission, unless already publicly available. Targeting others - directly or indirectly - will not be tolerated."

Dont worry. I deleted it.

Favourite buses Smile : E400s, pulsars, Presidents
Hated buses Sad : MPDs, SPDs, Lolynes, Lowlanders, Vykings, Streetlites and Street-wrecks.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average