Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2016

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (55) Previous 114 15 1655 Next
Jimmi

08 Mar 2016, 10:12 pm #281
(08 Mar 2016, 9:54 pm)South Tyne Lad Random Question but How does everyone think of the Stretdecks since theve entered service?

Let us not open that can of worms, the people of Facebook hate them!

I think they are okay, unsure on my views of their performance as I was a bit distracted and we got stuck behind a caravan at one point on my journey. They are a nice place to be inside though, especially with the charging points, WiFi and tables although my only concern with the tables is capacity on some journeys, some of the morning runs leave Chester-le-Street bound for Newcastle with standees.
Jimmi
08 Mar 2016, 10:12 pm #281

(08 Mar 2016, 9:54 pm)South Tyne Lad Random Question but How does everyone think of the Stretdecks since theve entered service?

Let us not open that can of worms, the people of Facebook hate them!

I think they are okay, unsure on my views of their performance as I was a bit distracted and we got stuck behind a caravan at one point on my journey. They are a nice place to be inside though, especially with the charging points, WiFi and tables although my only concern with the tables is capacity on some journeys, some of the morning runs leave Chester-le-Street bound for Newcastle with standees.

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Mar 2016, 10:15 pm #282
(08 Mar 2016, 10:12 pm)Jimmi Let us not open that can of worms, the people of Facebook hate them!

The new StreetDecks seat 68 passengers and have extra leg room where the tables are located. I believe only four seats are lost upstairs as a result of having the tables installed.

Either way an improvement on the Volvo B7s, which could only seat 65 (and also permitted fewer standees).
Dan
08 Mar 2016, 10:15 pm #282

(08 Mar 2016, 10:12 pm)Jimmi Let us not open that can of worms, the people of Facebook hate them!

The new StreetDecks seat 68 passengers and have extra leg room where the tables are located. I believe only four seats are lost upstairs as a result of having the tables installed.

Either way an improvement on the Volvo B7s, which could only seat 65 (and also permitted fewer standees).

Jimmi

08 Mar 2016, 10:20 pm #283
(08 Mar 2016, 10:15 pm)Dan The new StreetDecks seat 68 passengers and have extra leg room where the tables are located. I believe only four seats are lost upstairs as a result of having the tables installed.

Looking at the interior I'd have thought it would have been more then four seats.

No doubt like with all buses with forward and backwards facing seats you will get people putting their filthy shoes on the seats facing the opposite way, doesn't matter how new the buses are. Dodgy
Jimmi
08 Mar 2016, 10:20 pm #283

(08 Mar 2016, 10:15 pm)Dan The new StreetDecks seat 68 passengers and have extra leg room where the tables are located. I believe only four seats are lost upstairs as a result of having the tables installed.

Looking at the interior I'd have thought it would have been more then four seats.

No doubt like with all buses with forward and backwards facing seats you will get people putting their filthy shoes on the seats facing the opposite way, doesn't matter how new the buses are. Dodgy

Adrian

08 Mar 2016, 10:20 pm #284

It's interesting that. I've seen bits and pieces of negative feedback, but not a lot. Certainly nothing substantial, and more so people grumbling about windows being obscured, and it being marketed with WiFi and power sockets, believe it or not.

Despite the addition of numerous tables, capacity per vehicle has increased from 65 seated 19 standees, to 68 seated and 31 standees. I'd suggest the tables are a worthwhile investment, as you're then attracting commuters wanting to work on the move.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
08 Mar 2016, 10:20 pm #284

It's interesting that. I've seen bits and pieces of negative feedback, but not a lot. Certainly nothing substantial, and more so people grumbling about windows being obscured, and it being marketed with WiFi and power sockets, believe it or not.

Despite the addition of numerous tables, capacity per vehicle has increased from 65 seated 19 standees, to 68 seated and 31 standees. I'd suggest the tables are a worthwhile investment, as you're then attracting commuters wanting to work on the move.

Davie

Banned

08 Mar 2016, 10:24 pm #285
(08 Mar 2016, 9:54 pm)South Tyne Lad Random Question but How does everyone think of the Stretdecks since theve entered service?
I like them. They certainly aren't as bad as I expected.
Edited 08 Mar 2016, 10:30 pm by Davie.
Davie
08 Mar 2016, 10:24 pm #285

(08 Mar 2016, 9:54 pm)South Tyne Lad Random Question but How does everyone think of the Stretdecks since theve entered service?
I like them. They certainly aren't as bad as I expected.

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Mar 2016, 10:26 pm #286
Outside of the enthusiast circle, I've heard nothing but good things.

Wi-Fi, power sockets and tables have gone down really well with passengers, and everyone seems pleased with the heating on the buses too. The timetable revision seems to have improved reliability too, so everyone seems to be a winner!

When I tested the Next Stop Announcement system, I was on the bus for 10 hours over the course of the day. I found it was comfortable, and all of the advertised features seemed to work well. I did find the 50mph limiter on the buses to be slightly irritating, but you had to hope for a good Volvo B7 to achieve that before, especially uphill...

Of course, enthusiasts being enthusiasts will always find fault. After all, these new buses aren't Olympians with no stickers covering the windows...  Rolleyes
Dan
08 Mar 2016, 10:26 pm #286

Outside of the enthusiast circle, I've heard nothing but good things.

Wi-Fi, power sockets and tables have gone down really well with passengers, and everyone seems pleased with the heating on the buses too. The timetable revision seems to have improved reliability too, so everyone seems to be a winner!

When I tested the Next Stop Announcement system, I was on the bus for 10 hours over the course of the day. I found it was comfortable, and all of the advertised features seemed to work well. I did find the 50mph limiter on the buses to be slightly irritating, but you had to hope for a good Volvo B7 to achieve that before, especially uphill...

Of course, enthusiasts being enthusiasts will always find fault. After all, these new buses aren't Olympians with no stickers covering the windows...  Rolleyes

citaro5284

08 Mar 2016, 10:28 pm #287
(08 Mar 2016, 10:24 pm)Davie I like them. They certainly aren't as good as I expected.

Hope you mean not as bad as I expected......
citaro5284
08 Mar 2016, 10:28 pm #287

(08 Mar 2016, 10:24 pm)Davie I like them. They certainly aren't as good as I expected.

Hope you mean not as bad as I expected......

Adrian

08 Mar 2016, 10:28 pm #288
I'm surprised no one has mentioned converting the Olympians to low floor again...

Adrian
08 Mar 2016, 10:28 pm #288

I'm surprised no one has mentioned converting the Olympians to low floor again...

Jimmi

08 Mar 2016, 10:29 pm #289
(08 Mar 2016, 10:20 pm)Adrian It's interesting that. I've seen bits and pieces of negative feedback, but not a lot. Certainly nothing substantial, and more so people grumbling about windows being obscured, and it being marketed with WiFi and power sockets, believe it or not.

Depends where you're looking really... Most of what I've seen is the typical enthusiast grumblings about them being underpowered and various other stuff like that. Don't know how they can give an opinion on them when they apparently broken! Tongue

The normal passengers that I have overheard seem to like them though. I am taking this view as it's a great improvement over the President's as I think the seats are more comfortable and then you have the added benefits of WiFi, tables, charging points etc.
Jimmi
08 Mar 2016, 10:29 pm #289

(08 Mar 2016, 10:20 pm)Adrian It's interesting that. I've seen bits and pieces of negative feedback, but not a lot. Certainly nothing substantial, and more so people grumbling about windows being obscured, and it being marketed with WiFi and power sockets, believe it or not.

Depends where you're looking really... Most of what I've seen is the typical enthusiast grumblings about them being underpowered and various other stuff like that. Don't know how they can give an opinion on them when they apparently broken! Tongue

The normal passengers that I have overheard seem to like them though. I am taking this view as it's a great improvement over the President's as I think the seats are more comfortable and then you have the added benefits of WiFi, tables, charging points etc.

Kuyoyo

08 Mar 2016, 10:29 pm #290

Interesting you say the tables mean the lose of 4 seats upstairs. In terms of total seating, 6301-7 are only 2 seats down on the examples with First (those are 70 seaters - 42 upstairs, 28 downstairs).
Kuyoyo
08 Mar 2016, 10:29 pm #290

Interesting you say the tables mean the lose of 4 seats upstairs. In terms of total seating, 6301-7 are only 2 seats down on the examples with First (those are 70 seaters - 42 upstairs, 28 downstairs).

Davie

Banned

08 Mar 2016, 10:30 pm #291
(08 Mar 2016, 10:28 pm)citaro5284 Hope you mean not as bad as I expected......
I meant to say as bad as I expected. My apologies!
Davie
08 Mar 2016, 10:30 pm #291

(08 Mar 2016, 10:28 pm)citaro5284 Hope you mean not as bad as I expected......
I meant to say as bad as I expected. My apologies!

citaro5284

08 Mar 2016, 10:32 pm #292
(08 Mar 2016, 10:30 pm)Davie I meant to say as bad as I expected. My apologies!

No need to apologise...You just said you liked them but then you said they were not very good...hahaha
citaro5284
08 Mar 2016, 10:32 pm #292

(08 Mar 2016, 10:30 pm)Davie I meant to say as bad as I expected. My apologies!

No need to apologise...You just said you liked them but then you said they were not very good...hahaha

Dan

Site Administrator

08 Mar 2016, 10:32 pm #293
(08 Mar 2016, 10:29 pm)Jimmi Depends where you're looking really... Most of what I've seen is the typical enthusiast grumblings about them being underpowered and various other stuff like that. Don't know how they can give an opinion on them when they apparently broken! Tongue

Aye - according to various enthusiast circles, only two StreetDecks of the seven were out in service today, and three broke down??

One was off service from start of play (but was pushed back out into service later in the day) and two were temporarily removed before going back out again in the afternoon. I know one of these was for a third party supplier to attend to the vehicle, which had been arranged last week. Not too sure about the other but I'd suspect it was a similar story.

But hey, each to their own if they want to believe and regurgitate bull?

(08 Mar 2016, 10:29 pm)Kuyoyo Interesting you say the tables mean the lose of 4 seats upstairs. In terms of total seating, 6301-7 are only 2 seats down on the examples with First (those are 70 seaters - 42 upstairs, 28 downstairs).

Loss of two seats on either side of the upper saloon, so the difference must be downstairs.
Dan
08 Mar 2016, 10:32 pm #293

(08 Mar 2016, 10:29 pm)Jimmi Depends where you're looking really... Most of what I've seen is the typical enthusiast grumblings about them being underpowered and various other stuff like that. Don't know how they can give an opinion on them when they apparently broken! Tongue

Aye - according to various enthusiast circles, only two StreetDecks of the seven were out in service today, and three broke down??

One was off service from start of play (but was pushed back out into service later in the day) and two were temporarily removed before going back out again in the afternoon. I know one of these was for a third party supplier to attend to the vehicle, which had been arranged last week. Not too sure about the other but I'd suspect it was a similar story.

(08 Mar 2016, 10:29 pm)Kuyoyo Interesting you say the tables mean the lose of 4 seats upstairs. In terms of total seating, 6301-7 are only 2 seats down on the examples with First (those are 70 seaters - 42 upstairs, 28 downstairs).

Loss of two seats on either side of the upper saloon, so the difference must be downstairs.

Davie

Banned

08 Mar 2016, 10:33 pm #294
(08 Mar 2016, 10:32 pm)citaro5284 No need to apologise...You just said you liked them but then you said they were not very good...hahaha
Just having an off day.
Davie
08 Mar 2016, 10:33 pm #294

(08 Mar 2016, 10:32 pm)citaro5284 No need to apologise...You just said you liked them but then you said they were not very good...hahaha
Just having an off day.

Jimmi

08 Mar 2016, 10:36 pm #295
(08 Mar 2016, 10:32 pm)Dan Aye - according to various enthusiast circles, only two StreetDecks of the seven were out in service today, and three broke down??

So, was the fourth missing bus just not out for the sheer hell of it or something? Tongue

Have the feeling that the number of friends on my Facebook is going to drop lower than it already is!
Edited 08 Mar 2016, 10:41 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
08 Mar 2016, 10:36 pm #295

(08 Mar 2016, 10:32 pm)Dan Aye - according to various enthusiast circles, only two StreetDecks of the seven were out in service today, and three broke down??

So, was the fourth missing bus just not out for the sheer hell of it or something? Tongue

Have the feeling that the number of friends on my Facebook is going to drop lower than it already is!

L469 YVK

08 Mar 2016, 10:46 pm #296
We've got to give them a good chance folks. Look at the batch of the B9s for the TEN which had teething issues and ended up being delayed by nearly a week and even the B10BLEs and Citaros having to be swapped back.
L469 YVK
08 Mar 2016, 10:46 pm #296

We've got to give them a good chance folks. Look at the batch of the B9s for the TEN which had teething issues and ended up being delayed by nearly a week and even the B10BLEs and Citaros having to be swapped back.

Ryan99

08 Mar 2016, 10:53 pm #297
I'm planning about going on one on Thursday from Newcastle to Durham , hopefully get photos around here and there Smile quite excited to try these
Ryan99
08 Mar 2016, 10:53 pm #297

I'm planning about going on one on Thursday from Newcastle to Durham , hopefully get photos around here and there Smile quite excited to try these

Jimmi

08 Mar 2016, 11:02 pm #298
(08 Mar 2016, 10:46 pm)DaveyBowyer We've got to give them a good chance folks. Look at the batch of the B9s for the TEN which had teething issues and ended up being delayed by nearly a week and even the B10BLEs and Citaros having to be swapped back.

There does often teething problems with new buses at first, remember Arriva's Stockton depot having a few issues with the Sapphire StreetLite's at first and I remember there being a few appearances of standard liveried Pulsars when the 7 first went Sapphire.

The problem is some people just aren't willing to listen or accept reason, seriously some of the stuff I read is just totally unreasonable, I don't understand what some people go on about relating to Go North East, some will just rip everything they do to shreds for nowt at times. That's just my opinion and I'm sure it will attract an outcry from people who disagree with my comments here but that's just how I feel on the matter!
Jimmi
08 Mar 2016, 11:02 pm #298

(08 Mar 2016, 10:46 pm)DaveyBowyer We've got to give them a good chance folks. Look at the batch of the B9s for the TEN which had teething issues and ended up being delayed by nearly a week and even the B10BLEs and Citaros having to be swapped back.

There does often teething problems with new buses at first, remember Arriva's Stockton depot having a few issues with the Sapphire StreetLite's at first and I remember there being a few appearances of standard liveried Pulsars when the 7 first went Sapphire.

The problem is some people just aren't willing to listen or accept reason, seriously some of the stuff I read is just totally unreasonable, I don't understand what some people go on about relating to Go North East, some will just rip everything they do to shreds for nowt at times. That's just my opinion and I'm sure it will attract an outcry from people who disagree with my comments here but that's just how I feel on the matter!

Ambassador

08 Mar 2016, 11:02 pm #299
Only negative feedback we had at our sustainable travel hokey at work was the routing through Low Fell was irritating for the longer standing users.

The tables were dismissed as a gimmick but the seats were a plus and the general comments we had were around improving reliability. A lot of people at the group use the 6 and 97....they were not kind at all on those two services!

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
08 Mar 2016, 11:02 pm #299

Only negative feedback we had at our sustainable travel hokey at work was the routing through Low Fell was irritating for the longer standing users.

The tables were dismissed as a gimmick but the seats were a plus and the general comments we had were around improving reliability. A lot of people at the group use the 6 and 97....they were not kind at all on those two services!

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

BusLoverMum

08 Mar 2016, 11:35 pm #300
(08 Mar 2016, 11:02 pm)Ambassador Only negative feedback we had at our sustainable travel hokey at work was the routing through Low Fell was irritating for the longer standing users.

When it comes to reliability, I think replacing the presidents has, in the past year, gone from ideal to urgent, so hopefully, there will be some real improvements, there.

I think taking on the Cannon stop has been unfortunately timed. We could have walked from Kells Lane to Beaocnsfield Road in half the time it took us on Saturday.
BusLoverMum
08 Mar 2016, 11:35 pm #300

(08 Mar 2016, 11:02 pm)Ambassador Only negative feedback we had at our sustainable travel hokey at work was the routing through Low Fell was irritating for the longer standing users.

When it comes to reliability, I think replacing the presidents has, in the past year, gone from ideal to urgent, so hopefully, there will be some real improvements, there.

I think taking on the Cannon stop has been unfortunately timed. We could have walked from Kells Lane to Beaocnsfield Road in half the time it took us on Saturday.

Pages (55) Previous 114 15 1655 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average