Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2016

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2016

Arriva North East: Rare & Odd Workings - March 2016

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (28) Previous 125 26 27 28 Next
Kuyoyo

29 Mar 2016, 5:34 pm #501
1915 on 15
Kuyoyo
29 Mar 2016, 5:34 pm #501

1915 on 15

29 Mar 2016, 7:10 pm #502
35 branded Streetlite on the X21/X22
passenger_10
29 Mar 2016, 7:10 pm #502

35 branded Streetlite on the X21/X22

tyresmoke

30 Mar 2016, 8:47 am #503
1589 on 52/53 this morning, along with the usual Pulsars. 46 branded Solo on 59 too
tyresmoke
30 Mar 2016, 8:47 am #503

1589 on 52/53 this morning, along with the usual Pulsars. 46 branded Solo on 59 too

BusLoverMum

30 Mar 2016, 9:09 am #504
1595 on the 6
BusLoverMum
30 Mar 2016, 9:09 am #504

1595 on the 6

30 Mar 2016, 9:43 am #505
1416 on X1
Stuartphin1639
30 Mar 2016, 9:43 am #505

1416 on X1

BusLoverMum

30 Mar 2016, 12:54 pm #506
Sapphire 6 on x12
Edited 30 Mar 2016, 2:40 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
30 Mar 2016, 12:54 pm #506

Sapphire 6 on x12

30 Mar 2016, 1:20 pm #507
4523 306
NK53 TKT
30 Mar 2016, 1:20 pm #507

4523 306

Cock Robin

30 Mar 2016, 1:47 pm #508
Not a single Max on either the X12 or X66 Sunday. Ridiculous. Every one a bog standard Pulsar.
Edited 30 Mar 2016, 1:47 pm by Cock Robin.
Cock Robin
30 Mar 2016, 1:47 pm #508

Not a single Max on either the X12 or X66 Sunday. Ridiculous. Every one a bog standard Pulsar.

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Mar 2016, 1:56 pm #509
(30 Mar 2016, 1:47 pm)Cock Robin Not a single Max on either the X12 or X66 Sunday. Ridiculous. Every one a bog standard Pulsar.

I was quite surprised to read on a Facebook group that, to update the Next Stop Announcement media at Darlington, all "MAX" specification vehicles are kept off the road on a Sunday?

There's very few enthusiasts that can appreciate how time-consuming a job updating the media is, but as I have quite a large amount of experience in doing these updates for another operator, I can understand completely the wish to update all buses in one go, rather than dribs and drabs. What I couldn't understand is why Arriva don't pay for staff to come in on a night, when all buses are in the depot, to update the media? That way, passengers aren't 'inconvenienced' with a lower-spec vehicle being allocated, but it's still possible to catch every bus at the same time.

Not sure what other situations there have been, resulting in all "MAX" vehicles being off the road, but the above situation certainly could have been avoided...
Dan
30 Mar 2016, 1:56 pm #509

(30 Mar 2016, 1:47 pm)Cock Robin Not a single Max on either the X12 or X66 Sunday. Ridiculous. Every one a bog standard Pulsar.

I was quite surprised to read on a Facebook group that, to update the Next Stop Announcement media at Darlington, all "MAX" specification vehicles are kept off the road on a Sunday?

There's very few enthusiasts that can appreciate how time-consuming a job updating the media is, but as I have quite a large amount of experience in doing these updates for another operator, I can understand completely the wish to update all buses in one go, rather than dribs and drabs. What I couldn't understand is why Arriva don't pay for staff to come in on a night, when all buses are in the depot, to update the media? That way, passengers aren't 'inconvenienced' with a lower-spec vehicle being allocated, but it's still possible to catch every bus at the same time.

Not sure what other situations there have been, resulting in all "MAX" vehicles being off the road, but the above situation certainly could have been avoided...

30 Mar 2016, 1:58 pm #510
As someone posted recently, "it's just a case of what is handy in the depot". Or is it just a case of laziness. Makes a mockery of the whole branding thing.
scania driver
30 Mar 2016, 1:58 pm #510

As someone posted recently, "it's just a case of what is handy in the depot". Or is it just a case of laziness. Makes a mockery of the whole branding thing.

Kuyoyo

30 Mar 2016, 2:03 pm #511
(30 Mar 2016, 1:56 pm)Dan I was quite surprised to read on a Facebook group that, to update the Next Stop Announcement media at Darlington, all "MAX" specification vehicles are kept off the road on a Sunday?

There's very few enthusiasts that can appreciate how time-consuming a job updating the media is, but as I have quite a large amount of experience in doing these updates for another operator, I can understand completely the wish to update all buses in one go, rather than dribs and drabs. What I couldn't understand is why Arriva don't pay for staff to come in on a night, when all buses are in the depot, to update the media? That way, passengers aren't 'inconvenienced' with a lower-spec vehicle being allocated.

Dan, that isn't the real reason for the X66/26a on Sundays. I understand it will be Pulsars on there from now on due to timekeeping issues with the Scanias (and you can't change the times without splitting the interworking and increasing the PVR)
Kuyoyo
30 Mar 2016, 2:03 pm #511

(30 Mar 2016, 1:56 pm)Dan I was quite surprised to read on a Facebook group that, to update the Next Stop Announcement media at Darlington, all "MAX" specification vehicles are kept off the road on a Sunday?

There's very few enthusiasts that can appreciate how time-consuming a job updating the media is, but as I have quite a large amount of experience in doing these updates for another operator, I can understand completely the wish to update all buses in one go, rather than dribs and drabs. What I couldn't understand is why Arriva don't pay for staff to come in on a night, when all buses are in the depot, to update the media? That way, passengers aren't 'inconvenienced' with a lower-spec vehicle being allocated.

Dan, that isn't the real reason for the X66/26a on Sundays. I understand it will be Pulsars on there from now on due to timekeeping issues with the Scanias (and you can't change the times without splitting the interworking and increasing the PVR)

30 Mar 2016, 2:14 pm #512
(30 Mar 2016, 1:58 pm)scania driver As someone posted recently, "it's just a case of what is handy in the depot". Or is it just a case of laziness. Makes a mockery of the whole branding thing.

When the leading driver comes in on the morning, they have to put all the vehicles on route they're supposed to be on. They have a list of the route branded vehicles. All allocations, unless the branded vehicles have to be covered with a wrongly branded vehicle are correct.

Some don't realise that, during the day, vehicles have to be replaced with whatever is spare, if a vehicle has had to be substituted with the official spare vehicle when the leading driver does the allocations on the morning, then a wrongly branded vehicle (or if you're really lucky, if a correctly branded vehicle becomes available) will have to be allocated. Vehicles could be replaced due to a defect, late running or could have to be removed to cover a higher-specification vehicle on another route.

So, if all of the vehicles have entered service on the morning and a one needs replacing, then yes, "its a case of what is handy in the depot".

In the case of the non-MAX service on the X66 on Sunday... this seems to be the only time that this has happened to update the media. If they want to do it on the Sunday, then they do whatever is not required due to the PVR reduction then do the rest on the next Sunday where the vehicles have not been updated stay at the depot... Disgraceful from Darlington management in my opinion.
omnicity4659
30 Mar 2016, 2:14 pm #512

(30 Mar 2016, 1:58 pm)scania driver As someone posted recently, "it's just a case of what is handy in the depot". Or is it just a case of laziness. Makes a mockery of the whole branding thing.

When the leading driver comes in on the morning, they have to put all the vehicles on route they're supposed to be on. They have a list of the route branded vehicles. All allocations, unless the branded vehicles have to be covered with a wrongly branded vehicle are correct.

Some don't realise that, during the day, vehicles have to be replaced with whatever is spare, if a vehicle has had to be substituted with the official spare vehicle when the leading driver does the allocations on the morning, then a wrongly branded vehicle (or if you're really lucky, if a correctly branded vehicle becomes available) will have to be allocated. Vehicles could be replaced due to a defect, late running or could have to be removed to cover a higher-specification vehicle on another route.

So, if all of the vehicles have entered service on the morning and a one needs replacing, then yes, "its a case of what is handy in the depot".

In the case of the non-MAX service on the X66 on Sunday... this seems to be the only time that this has happened to update the media. If they want to do it on the Sunday, then they do whatever is not required due to the PVR reduction then do the rest on the next Sunday where the vehicles have not been updated stay at the depot... Disgraceful from Darlington management in my opinion.

Cock Robin

30 Mar 2016, 2:16 pm #513
2826 was in Thornaby yesterday with Not In Service on screen. Don't know what it was doing there.
Cock Robin
30 Mar 2016, 2:16 pm #513

2826 was in Thornaby yesterday with Not In Service on screen. Don't know what it was doing there.

Jimmi

30 Mar 2016, 2:38 pm #514
Some sparkle on the X12 this afternoon:

1479 replaced a Gemini on the 15:20 Durham - Middlesbrough journey.

7521 on the 15:20 Durham - Newcastle journey (running around 15 minutes late).
Jimmi
30 Mar 2016, 2:38 pm #514

Some sparkle on the X12 this afternoon:

BusLoverMum

30 Mar 2016, 2:42 pm #515
(30 Mar 2016, 2:38 pm)Jimmi Some sparkle on the X12 this afternoon:

On questioning big'un, the e400 is what he saw, this morning. Some miscommunication gone on, there!
BusLoverMum
30 Mar 2016, 2:42 pm #515

(30 Mar 2016, 2:38 pm)Jimmi Some sparkle on the X12 this afternoon:

On questioning big'un, the e400 is what he saw, this morning. Some miscommunication gone on, there!

tyresmoke

30 Mar 2016, 2:53 pm #516
(30 Mar 2016, 2:16 pm)Cock Robin 2826 was in Thornaby yesterday with Not In Service on screen. Don't know what it was doing there.

Out on a test run possibly? It's on 7s today.
2804 is the one missing... Wink
tyresmoke
30 Mar 2016, 2:53 pm #516

(30 Mar 2016, 2:16 pm)Cock Robin 2826 was in Thornaby yesterday with Not In Service on screen. Don't know what it was doing there.

Out on a test run possibly? It's on 7s today.

Cock Robin

30 Mar 2016, 3:03 pm #517

What. EVERY Sunday?!

Totally agree. Doesn't bother me personally but the publicity says 'free wifi' and they make no effort to put them on.
Edited 30 Mar 2016, 3:04 pm by Cock Robin.
Cock Robin
30 Mar 2016, 3:03 pm #517

What. EVERY Sunday?!

Totally agree. Doesn't bother me personally but the publicity says 'free wifi' and they make no effort to put them on.

Cock Robin

30 Mar 2016, 3:05 pm #518
(30 Mar 2016, 2:14 pm)GX03 SVC When the leading driver comes in on the morning, they have to put all the vehicles on route they're supposed to be on. They have a list of the route branded vehicles. All allocations, unless the branded vehicles have to be covered with a wrongly branded vehicle are correct.

That's fair enough re changeovers. Obviously better a 'wrong' bus than no bus at all.

(30 Mar 2016, 2:53 pm)tyresmoke Out on a test run possibly? It's on 7s today.

Didn't look like a fitter, but I might be wrong.
Edited 30 Mar 2016, 3:06 pm by Cock Robin.
Cock Robin
30 Mar 2016, 3:05 pm #518

(30 Mar 2016, 2:14 pm)GX03 SVC When the leading driver comes in on the morning, they have to put all the vehicles on route they're supposed to be on. They have a list of the route branded vehicles. All allocations, unless the branded vehicles have to be covered with a wrongly branded vehicle are correct.

That's fair enough re changeovers. Obviously better a 'wrong' bus than no bus at all.

(30 Mar 2016, 2:53 pm)tyresmoke Out on a test run possibly? It's on 7s today.

Didn't look like a fitter, but I might be wrong.

Kuyoyo

30 Mar 2016, 4:12 pm #520
1491 on Stockton's late X66/X67 turn
Kuyoyo
30 Mar 2016, 4:12 pm #520

1491 on Stockton's late X66/X67 turn

Pages (28) Previous 125 26 27 28 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average