Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events North East Bus & Coach Show 2016

North East Bus & Coach Show 2016

North East Bus & Coach Show 2016

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (6) Previous 13 4 5 6 Next
Poll: Are you attending?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.

Yes
62.96%
Votes 17
No
14.81%
Votes 4
Maybe
22.22%
Votes 6

Total 27 vote(s) 100%
BusLoverMum

01 May 2016, 9:43 am #61
We're driving up, now. Will most likely have something to eat before crossing over. Hopefully it'll have stopped peeing down by then.
BusLoverMum
01 May 2016, 9:43 am #61

We're driving up, now. Will most likely have something to eat before crossing over. Hopefully it'll have stopped peeing down by then.

BusLoverMum

01 May 2016, 9:46 am #62
(01 May 2016, 9:28 am)Tom Horrible weather today - will still head over when I get up though, hopefully it'll improve by then. Haven't got my camera though as I'm at my grandmas and I cba to go home and get it. To be fair it's a nightmare getting pics anyway.

Looking at the metcheck storm radar, it's a big rainy cloud passing over from the north west which looks like it should be clear of Gateshead by about 11am.
BusLoverMum
01 May 2016, 9:46 am #62

(01 May 2016, 9:28 am)Tom Horrible weather today - will still head over when I get up though, hopefully it'll improve by then. Haven't got my camera though as I'm at my grandmas and I cba to go home and get it. To be fair it's a nightmare getting pics anyway.

Looking at the metcheck storm radar, it's a big rainy cloud passing over from the north west which looks like it should be clear of Gateshead by about 11am.

citaro5284

01 May 2016, 9:51 am #63
(01 May 2016, 9:43 am)BusLoverMum We're driving up, now. Will most likely have something to eat before crossing over. Hopefully it'll have stopped peeing down by then.

Big'un, Little'un and hubby......, you going to have your hands full today  Big Grin
citaro5284
01 May 2016, 9:51 am #63

(01 May 2016, 9:43 am)BusLoverMum We're driving up, now. Will most likely have something to eat before crossing over. Hopefully it'll have stopped peeing down by then.

Big'un, Little'un and hubby......, you going to have your hands full today  Big Grin

BusLoverMum

01 May 2016, 9:52 am #64
(01 May 2016, 9:51 am)citaro5284 Big'un, Little'un and hubby......, you going to have your hands full today  Big Grin

Hopefully little'un will keep the other two in check.
BusLoverMum
01 May 2016, 9:52 am #64

(01 May 2016, 9:51 am)citaro5284 Big'un, Little'un and hubby......, you going to have your hands full today  Big Grin

Hopefully little'un will keep the other two in check.

Tom

01 May 2016, 10:07 am #65
(01 May 2016, 9:46 am)BusLoverMum Looking at the metcheck storm radar, it's a big rainy cloud passing over from the north west which looks like it should be clear of Gateshead by about 11am.

Ah good I'm going to head over soon anyway. Still raining a bit here but not too bad.
Tom
01 May 2016, 10:07 am #65

(01 May 2016, 9:46 am)BusLoverMum Looking at the metcheck storm radar, it's a big rainy cloud passing over from the north west which looks like it should be clear of Gateshead by about 11am.

Ah good I'm going to head over soon anyway. Still raining a bit here but not too bad.

Jamie M

Unregistered

01 May 2016, 10:30 am #66
I've already attended and recognised a few people from here. I didn't hang around much since I needed to be in durham for something else.
Jamie M
01 May 2016, 10:30 am #66

I've already attended and recognised a few people from here. I didn't hang around much since I needed to be in durham for something else.

01 May 2016, 11:05 am #67
Brilliant event so far. Weather was utter rubbish to start off with but hey ho.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]
northern156
01 May 2016, 11:05 am #67

Brilliant event so far. Weather was utter rubbish to start off with but hey ho.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator  |  Find us on facebook

[Image: 0a85ed5b4e97324e338555472f222830.png]

01 May 2016, 11:32 am #68
I'm heading out now, Ive just uploaded 2 Flickr post's
https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@...ed-public/

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
South Tyne Lad
01 May 2016, 11:32 am #68

I'm heading out now, Ive just uploaded 2 Flickr post's

My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile

Tom

01 May 2016, 11:43 am #69
I got bored after 20 mins. It's even worse when you don't have a camera with you. But was good to see a few independent operators. Going to have a look round the Metrocentre and go home to watch the Leicester game.
Tom
01 May 2016, 11:43 am #69

I got bored after 20 mins. It's even worse when you don't have a camera with you. But was good to see a few independent operators. Going to have a look round the Metrocentre and go home to watch the Leicester game.

01 May 2016, 3:10 pm #70
(01 May 2016, 11:43 am)Tom I got bored after 20 mins. It's even worse when you don't have a camera with you. But was good to see a few independent operators. Going to have a look round the Metrocentre and go home to watch the Leicester game.

Hate to say it, but I completely agree with you. The rally was not as good as last year, for a few reasons:

- not as many/frequent shuttle services.
- none to Tanfield Railway, don't know why, the 'organiser' said the trains went running, but I assure him they 150% were.
- not as many stalls selling photographs or other miscellaneous things related to buses.
- the 'organiser' I spoke to had no idea about anything I was asking and said he was just here to get people on and off (I'm sure there are much more friendly bus enthusiasts that would've filled that role much better)
- many buses that I was excited to see and ride on just sat in the car park all day and weren't touched.
- last year there was better weather, I know this can't be helped but it really makes a difference to the whole day.

On the other hand, I did think that Go North East made a much better effort with the amount of buses this year, and all of the drivers were very friendly (particularly Mark and the driver that me and Marcus had on the Olympian, think it was Ben or Jack) and let you look around the buses and changed the destination displays.

Like last year, Arriva failed to disappoint me. The driver from Stockton, Jason, was really patient with letting everyone in the buses and even let them switch it on and give it a cheeky rev! I was glad they brought along an Omnicity as I've never came face to face with one of Arriva's omni's. Their buses also seemed to be in an much better quality that some of Go North East's. Don't get me wrong (because I like Go North East and their buses) but Arriva Sapphire and Max seemed to have really comfy leather seats, compared to the Streetlites and Streetdeck of Go North East. Wifi has always worked on Arriva Sapphire too, which I don't know why bus wifi frequently doesn't work on go north east at all. However I must say that I haven't been on it as much as Go North East's Streetlites. I don't mean quality in terms of dirtiness or anything like that, just the comfort of the ride.

Overall it was an average rally, I will be back next year, probably wondering which red arrows B9 Go North East will be bringing for the 96th year in a row.
Jackamcardle
01 May 2016, 3:10 pm #70

(01 May 2016, 11:43 am)Tom I got bored after 20 mins. It's even worse when you don't have a camera with you. But was good to see a few independent operators. Going to have a look round the Metrocentre and go home to watch the Leicester game.

Hate to say it, but I completely agree with you. The rally was not as good as last year, for a few reasons:

- none to Tanfield Railway, don't know why, the 'organiser' said the trains went running, but I assure him they 150% were.
- not as many stalls selling photographs or other miscellaneous things related to buses.
- the 'organiser' I spoke to had no idea about anything I was asking and said he was just here to get people on and off (I'm sure there are much more friendly bus enthusiasts that would've filled that role much better)
- many buses that I was excited to see and ride on just sat in the car park all day and weren't touched.
- last year there was better weather, I know this can't be helped but it really makes a difference to the whole day.

On the other hand, I did think that Go North East made a much better effort with the amount of buses this year, and all of the drivers were very friendly (particularly Mark and the driver that me and Marcus had on the Olympian, think it was Ben or Jack) and let you look around the buses and changed the destination displays.

Like last year, Arriva failed to disappoint me. The driver from Stockton, Jason, was really patient with letting everyone in the buses and even let them switch it on and give it a cheeky rev! I was glad they brought along an Omnicity as I've never came face to face with one of Arriva's omni's. Their buses also seemed to be in an much better quality that some of Go North East's. Don't get me wrong (because I like Go North East and their buses) but Arriva Sapphire and Max seemed to have really comfy leather seats, compared to the Streetlites and Streetdeck of Go North East. Wifi has always worked on Arriva Sapphire too, which I don't know why bus wifi frequently doesn't work on go north east at all. However I must say that I haven't been on it as much as Go North East's Streetlites. I don't mean quality in terms of dirtiness or anything like that, just the comfort of the ride.

Overall it was an average rally, I will be back next year, probably wondering which red arrows B9 Go North East will be bringing for the 96th year in a row.

Tom

01 May 2016, 3:17 pm #71
(01 May 2016, 3:10 pm)Jackamcardle Hate to say it, but I completely agree with you. The rally was not as good as last year, for a few reasons:

I never have any problems with Go North Easts WiFi (well the coaster as it's the only route I use that often which has WiFi), but I agree for some reason the MAX/Sapphire seats are a lot more comfortable than the GNE ones. Yeah Arriva are always helpful (probably because most of the drivers are enthusiasts). Shame Stagecoach didn't bother (again!)

I won't be back next year I don't think as it was very average as you say. I thought it was just me.

Also did anyone else think it was quiet today? Might have been the weather but normally a lot more people there.
Edited 01 May 2016, 3:19 pm by Tom.
Tom
01 May 2016, 3:17 pm #71

(01 May 2016, 3:10 pm)Jackamcardle Hate to say it, but I completely agree with you. The rally was not as good as last year, for a few reasons:

I never have any problems with Go North Easts WiFi (well the coaster as it's the only route I use that often which has WiFi), but I agree for some reason the MAX/Sapphire seats are a lot more comfortable than the GNE ones. Yeah Arriva are always helpful (probably because most of the drivers are enthusiasts). Shame Stagecoach didn't bother (again!)

I won't be back next year I don't think as it was very average as you say. I thought it was just me.

Also did anyone else think it was quiet today? Might have been the weather but normally a lot more people there.

mb134

01 May 2016, 3:38 pm #72
I'm glad I chose not to go again this year, GNE just seem to send the same selection of vehicles year in year out, while I've usually travelled on anything Arriva take. All of the other vehicles that attend I've usually seen in years gone by, nothing ever really seems to change, which is a shame.
mb134
01 May 2016, 3:38 pm #72

I'm glad I chose not to go again this year, GNE just seem to send the same selection of vehicles year in year out, while I've usually travelled on anything Arriva take. All of the other vehicles that attend I've usually seen in years gone by, nothing ever really seems to change, which is a shame.

Michael

01 May 2016, 3:49 pm #73
Haven't been to it for about 3 years, seems nothing has changed about the same buses.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
01 May 2016, 3:49 pm #73

Haven't been to it for about 3 years, seems nothing has changed about the same buses.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

01 May 2016, 3:50 pm #74
I got a play around in the cab of 7603, I have to say I very much enjoyed today
NK53 TKT
01 May 2016, 3:50 pm #74

I got a play around in the cab of 7603, I have to say I very much enjoyed today

Tom

01 May 2016, 3:54 pm #75
(01 May 2016, 3:49 pm)Michael Haven't been to it for about 3 years, seems nothing has changed about the same buses.

Yep I said that a couple of weeks back - wish I hadn't had bothered wasting my time now.
Tom
01 May 2016, 3:54 pm #75

(01 May 2016, 3:49 pm)Michael Haven't been to it for about 3 years, seems nothing has changed about the same buses.

Yep I said that a couple of weeks back - wish I hadn't had bothered wasting my time now.

Jimmi

01 May 2016, 4:24 pm #76
The first year I went I found it a bit boring as I didn't do any Tours and I didn't talk to anyone, this year and last I've chatted to some enthusiasts and gone out on shuttles. I think how some people's days are spent vary on what you do in your time there, I can't imagine there is that much enjoyment to be had just wandering up and down the coach park.

Do think it was a little disappointing how most of the shuttles seemed to follow the same route, I find doing the same route over and over again rather boring, which is why I'm on the X10 now where I will change to the 21 to return to Aycliffe (providing I make it there in time) adding some extra variety.

I enjoyed my day today though.
Edited 01 May 2016, 4:25 pm by Jimmi.
Jimmi
01 May 2016, 4:24 pm #76

The first year I went I found it a bit boring as I didn't do any Tours and I didn't talk to anyone, this year and last I've chatted to some enthusiasts and gone out on shuttles. I think how some people's days are spent vary on what you do in your time there, I can't imagine there is that much enjoyment to be had just wandering up and down the coach park.

Do think it was a little disappointing how most of the shuttles seemed to follow the same route, I find doing the same route over and over again rather boring, which is why I'm on the X10 now where I will change to the 21 to return to Aycliffe (providing I make it there in time) adding some extra variety.

I enjoyed my day today though.

01 May 2016, 5:06 pm #77
Not a bad day out, was there about 4 hours as I wanted to go on some trips past GNE Riverside for some photos of buses parked up. Went on GNE 5288 and 6129. I was planning on going on some classic buses but I was either taking photos of other buses or over at the bus station getting photos. Also the queues for the classic buses were quite long. Had a sit in the cab of ANE 7603 (https://instagram.com/p/BE3a1zXLHIA/) and some kind gentleman took a photo of me with my iPhone when I was sitting in the cab. Got 100+ photos of the event. Was vaguely hopeful GNE would have one of the new Streetlite Prince Bishops ready but I guess that will be the Durham rally next month when there will more chance of one present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edited 01 May 2016, 10:44 pm by TEN 6083.
TEN 6083
01 May 2016, 5:06 pm #77

Not a bad day out, was there about 4 hours as I wanted to go on some trips past GNE Riverside for some photos of buses parked up. Went on GNE 5288 and 6129. I was planning on going on some classic buses but I was either taking photos of other buses or over at the bus station getting photos. Also the queues for the classic buses were quite long. Had a sit in the cab of ANE 7603 (https://instagram.com/p/BE3a1zXLHIA/) and some kind gentleman took a photo of me with my iPhone when I was sitting in the cab. Got 100+ photos of the event. Was vaguely hopeful GNE would have one of the new Streetlite Prince Bishops ready but I guess that will be the Durham rally next month when there will more chance of one present.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

01 May 2016, 5:15 pm #78
I thought it wasn't to bad of an even to be honest. It was nice to see the appearence of some vehicles like United 251, and Northern 3269. Plus some of the regular preserved vehicles. Also nice to see the old style GNE livery make a return and that Yorkshire Coastliner Olympian was very tidy.

Was hoping some more vehicles would have went out on the shuttles. Managed the Leopard and the Streetdeck, and a little ride around the coach park onboard 4708.

As mentioned I got on the Streetdeck which is the first time I've been on one. From a passenger point of view, they're good, but from the enthusiast point of view, I found them to lack character and to be very drab.
Edited 01 May 2016, 5:17 pm by Rapidsnap.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
01 May 2016, 5:15 pm #78

I thought it wasn't to bad of an even to be honest. It was nice to see the appearence of some vehicles like United 251, and Northern 3269. Plus some of the regular preserved vehicles. Also nice to see the old style GNE livery make a return and that Yorkshire Coastliner Olympian was very tidy.

Was hoping some more vehicles would have went out on the shuttles. Managed the Leopard and the Streetdeck, and a little ride around the coach park onboard 4708.

As mentioned I got on the Streetdeck which is the first time I've been on one. From a passenger point of view, they're good, but from the enthusiast point of view, I found them to lack character and to be very drab.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Adrian

01 May 2016, 6:20 pm #79
I had a really enjoyable day. It started out quite damp, and the run in didn't quite go to plan, as it was a good steady rainfall until about 10am. There was plenty of variety though, and it was good to see some other preserved vehicles return from storage, not to mention work carried out over the winter period on others.

I'd say that seeing JFT413X (413) was the highlight for me. I'd never seen one of the two PTE Alexander bodied Scania BR112DH, so it was great to finally have that opportunity. It's a very smartly presented restoration, and is a credit to the THV group. It's a shame it didn't do a run out, but I suppose you can't have everything. Smile

It also brought back some great memories seeing FTN708W (4708) and R855PRG (4855) lined up together, in the GNE red/blue/yellow livery. It's always been one of my favourite liveries, and it's good to see some preservation projects starting to come through in this livery.

Go North East and Arriva both brought a large selection of vehicles along, and of course both operators support remains a big part of the Metrocentre event. Both companies were very well presented, with staff more than happy to explain the ins and outs of the vehicles, and also happy to display some weird and wonderful destinations! 

Whilst I don't deny that it was what the event staff were telling people, I'm not sure where they got their information from that Tanfield Railway wasn't open today? You can see for yourself here - http://tanfield-railway.blogspot.co.uk/2...nd_30.html. It did seem to be a case that there was a big lack of organisation this year, and it didn't appear that they had their usual compliment of volunteers. This is probably the reason that the usual timetable and such went out the window, which is disappointing. 

All in all though, it was a really enjoyable day.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
01 May 2016, 6:20 pm #79

I had a really enjoyable day. It started out quite damp, and the run in didn't quite go to plan, as it was a good steady rainfall until about 10am. There was plenty of variety though, and it was good to see some other preserved vehicles return from storage, not to mention work carried out over the winter period on others.

I'd say that seeing JFT413X (413) was the highlight for me. I'd never seen one of the two PTE Alexander bodied Scania BR112DH, so it was great to finally have that opportunity. It's a very smartly presented restoration, and is a credit to the THV group. It's a shame it didn't do a run out, but I suppose you can't have everything. Smile

It also brought back some great memories seeing FTN708W (4708) and R855PRG (4855) lined up together, in the GNE red/blue/yellow livery. It's always been one of my favourite liveries, and it's good to see some preservation projects starting to come through in this livery.

Go North East and Arriva both brought a large selection of vehicles along, and of course both operators support remains a big part of the Metrocentre event. Both companies were very well presented, with staff more than happy to explain the ins and outs of the vehicles, and also happy to display some weird and wonderful destinations! 

Whilst I don't deny that it was what the event staff were telling people, I'm not sure where they got their information from that Tanfield Railway wasn't open today? You can see for yourself here - http://tanfield-railway.blogspot.co.uk/2...nd_30.html. It did seem to be a case that there was a big lack of organisation this year, and it didn't appear that they had their usual compliment of volunteers. This is probably the reason that the usual timetable and such went out the window, which is disappointing. 

All in all though, it was a really enjoyable day.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

BusLoverMum

01 May 2016, 6:42 pm #80
(01 May 2016, 5:15 pm)GMitchelhill I thought it wasn't to bad of an even to be honest. It was nice to see the appearence of some vehicles like United 251, and Northern 3269. Plus some of the regular preserved vehicles. Also nice to see the old style GNE livery make a return and that Yorkshire Coastliner Olympian was very tidy.

Husband was admiring the streetdeck's rugged, masculine good looks.

We may make an an enthusiast out of him, yet Big Grin
BusLoverMum
01 May 2016, 6:42 pm #80

(01 May 2016, 5:15 pm)GMitchelhill I thought it wasn't to bad of an even to be honest. It was nice to see the appearence of some vehicles like United 251, and Northern 3269. Plus some of the regular preserved vehicles. Also nice to see the old style GNE livery make a return and that Yorkshire Coastliner Olympian was very tidy.

Husband was admiring the streetdeck's rugged, masculine good looks.

We may make an an enthusiast out of him, yet Big Grin

Pages (6) Previous 13 4 5 6 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average