Login Register
North East Buses Forum The Canteen Competition Monthly Photo Competition
2016 Photo Competition
North East Buses
2016 Photography Competition

North East Buses present the 2016 photography competition. 

Instead of having the monthly competitions we’ve had previously, we’ve decided to bring the 2016 competition in a completely new format. The 2016 competition will be split into three categories, and members are entitled to make a submission to all three, if you wish to do so.

When does the competition run from?
The competition will run from Sunday 24th April – Friday 30th September inclusive. Acceptance of entries will close at midnight on the 30th September.

Update 29/09 - Competition extended until midnight on Friday 7th October.

The categories
Category 1 – Scenic photography category
Entries in this category must be taken outside of a town or city centre, and be of a scenic nature.
  • Bus station photography is not accepted.
  • No age restriction of the subject bus or coach.
Category 2 – Preserved vehicle category
The subject of entries in this category must be a preserved bus or coach, and no longer form part of an active service fleet.
Category 3 – Multiples category
Entries in this category must be of two or more buses together. This can be in either static or on the move.
Competition rules
Entries to the competition are bound by the following rules.
  1. Only one submission per category will be accepted. If you submit multiple, your last submission to that particular category will be taken as your entry.
  2. Submissions must be made in accordance to the submissions process below, otherwise your entry will be declared void.
  3. You may not vote for your own entry. Doing so will result in a point being removed from your total votes.
  4. By submitting your entry, you are acknowledging that your username will be shown against your entry on the forum.
  5. You must not submit purchased photographs, or other work that is not your own. This will result in disqualification. 
  6. Only photos of buses or coaches will be accepted.
  7. Photos must be taken within the competition period, and the EXIF info on your photos must show this. Entries taken outside this period will be deemed as void.
Submission process
Any competition entries must be submitted using the following process. 
  1. Entries must be submitted by email to neb.competition@gmail.com
  2. The subject line of the email must be in the format of – “NEB Entry <CategoryNumber> - <username>”, e.g. “NEB Entry 3 – joe.bloggs”
  3. The image file must be attached to the email, in either JPG, JPEG or PNG format.
What do we get for winning?
This is simply a bit of fun, and a chance for members to get out there and showcase their work. As such, there is no formal prize for winning or taking part.

Thanks
North East Buses Management
Sounds like a good challenge, Cant wait to see the photos put up for the competition!
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
Can I make 2 more catergory suggestions?

Sweet 16 Catergory - Vehicle must be a 16 plated vehicle.

In by T - Vehicle must have been registered before 30th September 1999 (Basically anything up to and including T prefix) and still running as part of a fleet.
Visit my Website - http://www.gjm-photogenic.co.uk
Proud to be a Brony.
(23/04/2016, 20:20)South Tyne Lad Wrote: Sounds like a good challenge, Cant wait to see the photos put up for the competition!

It sounds like an age away, but I'll start uploading photos for voting once the deadline has passed. There'll then be around two weeks for voting.

(24/04/2016, 04:46)GMitchelhill Wrote: Can I make 2 more catergory suggestions?

Sweet 16 Catergory - Vehicle must be a 16 plated vehicle.

In by T - Vehicle must have been registered before 30th September 1999 (Basically anything up to and including T prefix) and still running as part of a fleet.

It's something we can consider for future competitions. We'll be running this one with the three, and see what the uptake is like. The concern was that the monthly one had dropped off considerably, so hopefully a competition that runs less frequently but for longer, generates a bit more interest.
Just bumping this thread, as a reminder that we're two months in.
(26/06/2016, 12:01)Adrian Wrote: Just bumping this thread, as a reminder that we're two months in.

I'm going to enter into this competition, Though I'm going to wait until a few days before the entering closes so I can see which photo is my best one.
My New Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/140662069@N02/ - Posts every Weekend at the minimum Smile
The uptake in the competition has been quite disappointing, so I've updated the deadline to be midnight on Friday 7th October.

There's been some great photos on flickr over the Spring and Summer, so I'd encourage you all to have a dig through and look to submit something.
Forgot about this. Maybe you can put it as a sticky on the front page.
Visit my Website - http://www.gjm-photogenic.co.uk
Proud to be a Brony.
Might be worth making a post on Thursday evening otherwise I'll forget to send some in, was aiming to wait right until the end to send my entries in just in case I took a better photo for any of the categories.